1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nausea while icing

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by FarmersDaughter, Oct 24, 2012.

1. FarmersDaughter

FarmersDaughter New Member

The last several times I have either ct or spot iced (belly or between shoulder blades) I have had nausea. Never enough to cause vomiting, but certainly enough to be decidedly unpleasant. Mostly like a carsickish feeling...motion sick.

My water is 55-60 out of the tap so no ice used yet, body temp is consistently 99+, and I maintain a pink to reddish skin color when icing ( no itching or urticaria). I should mention that it doesn't seem coincide with a general feeling of malaise or otherwise, in fact when I am feeling crummy it doesn't seem to happen, so in my mind, that shrinks the odds of a herx reaction, doesn't it? It disappears as soon as I'm out of the cold.

Any ideas what causes this? I'm pushing through, but I'm curious. If its covered in a post and I've missed it in the multiple re readings, please point in the right direction! I'm wondering if its related to ACTH/aMSH production....I had an ACTH stim done to check pit function some years ago, and it caused sudden intense nausea that last about 5 minutes, then vanished as quickly as it appeared.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sorry, FD, I didn't have any nausea when first starting CT. Did you do the ramp-up? Start with face dunks for a couple weeks? It took me several weeks to get down to the 50-55F range for baths.

3. I had a little nausea for about the first four months. I think it was the detoxing from estrogen or other bad guys. Keep doing it and the nausea will subside sooner or later. I also started to itch on my back a lot. That went away too. I started in the 60s temps for the bath and worked my way down to 55.

4. FarmersDaughter

Hmm. Yep, ramped up, and actually have been doing the face dunks since April,stopped doing CT because of rapid weight gain...20 pounds in roughly two months. I didnt ramp up (down?) bathtemp, just dove in to +/- 60ish. It comes and goes, seemingly regardless of meals and am/pm.

I'll reread CT6 and see what I've missed there...like I said, not THAT big a deal, I'm just curious about the whys.:D

I've started to itch a little, which I'm taking as a good sign...and I have significantly reduced "fluff" around my waist, so I'm absolutely continuing. Heh...couple weeks down, couple months to go. DIM and altering estrogen metabolism might have something to do with it too,who knows.

One of the many mysteries I guess.

TY:cool:

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I've had random, off and on episodes of nausea from CT. I'm sure there could be many causes for it, but Jack mentioned to me that in my case it could be a detox reaction, possibly from halide toxicity. Like I said, for me it's totally random. It will happen for a week straight and then not again for a month or two. Very bizarre!

6. This may be tmi, but I had a major gut reaction clean out from ct last spring. I think it disturbs the gut biofilm and ramps up the immune system. Are you getting salivation with the nausea? Seems to be a vagal nerve stimulation thing is my guess. Maybe give your system a few days to recover between ct sessions. The body needs time to clear out toxins.

7. FarmersDaughter

Hmmm....halides, biofilms, and somewhere I ran across mycotoxins as well.

Truthfully, it's probably a many causes, single symptom thing.

I think I may start taking NAC again...it's good for helping the various hepatic pathways do their thing...glutathione, I think, among others?

You know, I had the random thought that it might be vagus nerve stuff, but I haven't wrapped my head around all that it does, so I may just been whistling Dixie too. I dunno. All I know is that it's affecting my sinuses and my schnozzle in addition to the whole queasiness business.

And THIRSTY. Dear heaven I haven't been this thirsty in years.

8. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

I, too, get queasy sometimes. The strange thing for me is I lay on my back in the tub (50-52F) for 20-25 mins, then I turn over and lay on my stomach for 20-25 mins. I don't get the queasiness until I've turned over onto my stomach. I just lay there and deal with it, and it's never been bad enough to get out.

I do eat protein & fat just prior, and I rarely ever drink alcohol. I just think it's a bit of detox going on, so I figure it's a good thing.