1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nature Wants Us to Be Fat

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Martha Ray, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

Wondering about the work of Dr. Richard Johnson author of
    Nature Wants Us to Be Fat: The Surprising Science Behind Why We Gain Weight and How We Can Prevent--and Reverse--It February 8, 2022 by Richard Johnson
    https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Wants-Fat-Prevent-Reverse/dp/1637740344
    I've not read the book yet but have listened to these
    YouTube presentations covering some basics from his book:

Prof. Richard Johnson - 'Nature Wants Us To Be Fat - Part 1

Prof. Richard Johnson - 'Nature Wants Us To Be Fat - Part 2'

Prof. Richard Johnson - 'Nature Wants Us To Be Fat - Part 3'

Has anyone here read the book or viewed the YouTube videos ?
    Wondering your take on it ?

I am curious about his theories. For me it brings up question about uric acid, and issues with fat, salt and hydration.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Wants us to be? No.

Allows us to store hydrogen and electrons for a rainy day?

Yes.

3. It's been "a rainy-day" at the 38th latitude where I live; a nice 50 degrees fahrenheit.
    I love the rain at warm temperatures like these.

I'm typically bare foot in shorts; however, when it really poses, I prefer to be nude.
    I love the negatively charged ion moister falling on all my exposed skin.

With my head tipped back, feeling its gentle touch, splashing onto my closed eyes, falling off my face and down my body.

I love to use this time to let go of my concerns, let go of my anxieties, let discouragement fall like the drops rolling off my very being.
    There maybe a tendency to hold on emotionally to the past, but I prefer Nature's active instruction to help train me in the practice of just letting go...

upload_2022-12-18_7-59-5.png
    What most people do not seem to understand is: the value of our hormones and their influence over our metabolism.

We may have described leptin resistance; however, we don't seem to understand the value of our mitochondria role in lipid metabolism nor why the circadian cycling of hormones provide not just the stimulus and enzymes necessary for "proper" function, but these are the electrodynamics charge carriers necessary for our health.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    Martha Ray likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Martha Ray and John Schumacher like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2022-12-18_19-41-43.png

upload_2022-12-18_19-51-17.png
    //

Martha Ray and John Schumacher like this.
  6. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

[QUOTE...
    Part #2 time 20:50
    @Jack Kruse recommends high salt diet.
    Wonder how he would comment on salt introducing high glucose and fatty liver via high fructose production? High vasopressin, dehydration.

View attachment 23362
    ...[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I wonder about that too.

My own body craves salt...but I feel like I am de-hydrating. I've got to keep looking at this as I think I've found another confirmation on this line of thought.

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I have the book and have seen a couple of the youtube videos. The interesting thing for me is the common link between the survival mechanism in animals that either use hibernation or estivation, or like camels need to register dehydration to make fat, which provides a source of water during drought. I think the title "Nature wants us to be fat" is more like "nature needs us to be a bit fatter at certain times to survive what is being signalled as coming .... " If its the same signal chronically, or what is being signalled as coming doesn't ever turn up .....:eek:

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You can get $20 refractometer and check your urine anytime you wish.
    Clinical Refractometer ATC Tri-Scale Serum Protein 0-12 g/100ml Urine Specific Gravity SG 1.000-1.050 Refractive Index 1.333-1.360RI w/Extra LED Light & Pipette: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

upload_2022-12-30_9-39-32.png

[​IMG]

Icelandic Glacial Water D2O content | Page 2 | Jack Kruse Optimal Health Forum

8Phoenix and Martha Ray like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Martha Ray likes this.
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Hi @JanSz

Something interesting from the Richard Johnson book is that the amount of fructose is less of an issue, its how quickly it hits the liver. He says the liver responds to the concentration of fructose it receives, not the amount. So 500 ml of apple juice drunk within 5 minutes increases uric acid and vasopressin, whereas changes were far milder if the juice was drunk at 125 ml every 15 minutes for an hour. Same amount of juice ... But I eat very little fructose, maybe a few berries this time of year but at the end of a meal, and never juices or sodas.

I have David Perlmutter's book Drop Acid, between the 2 books there's some pretty interesting info, and IIRC both recommend only eating whole fruit. But its what other things trigger the endogenous production of excess uric acid and the effects on mitochondria that interests me - dealing with that is likely to be a bit more n=1. :)

Martha Ray and JanSz like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Agree.

One way to think about food is to think how industrialization affected what we eat.
    Industrialization started in mid 1700 in Great Britain.

Big ones, all negatively affecting our health:
    grain mills,
    oil presses,
    chemical alterations
    refrigeration
    transportation

Martha Ray likes this.
  12. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

13. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

Going to to keep thinking about this and will relisten to those three videos again as I have symptoms I think may relate to acidity and hydration because of my heavy use of salt.

14. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 New Member

Very informative thread!