1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nathan's Journey to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Nathan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Congratulations Nathan! You must be over the moon with you brand new baby boy ...any chance of some pictures????

You have extra special motivation to be the best version of yourself!

2. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Hi Caroline, thanks so much! It's a really amazing experience and I'm really enjoying being a father. Send me your email and I'll send you some pictures.

caroline likes this.
  3. kvond

kvond Gold

Nathan,
    Are you still doing the WHM? I'm on week 3 - wondering what the long term looks like - keeping it up?

4. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Hi Kvond, I thought I replied to this but some of my posts seem to be missing. weird.

Anyway, I don't consistently do WHM but I do fit it in when I can. I'll often do it when I walk my son. He has a push car that I walk him in and I'll do some cycles of breathing and breath holds. It's not the same as sitting but I think I'm still getting benefit.
    How about you? Still with it?

5. Nathan

Nathan New Member

My energy had been on the up and up and I was doing great. Then I got sick and had a mild fever a month or so back and a really nasty intestinal infection that had me running to the bathroom ever hour or so for 3 nights in a row. It really threw me for a loop. I think I cultured something in my water dispenser due to lack of cleaning. My fault. Will do a better job of keeping it clean.

I was also quantlet free during this time because I left mine with my parents because they needed it more than me. My energy plummeted and I was discouraged to say the least. I was feeling like I was in the dead of winter here. I knew my dopamine was running very low and that was having a big impact on me. I was getting a decent amount of sun and that still wasn't getting me back to where I had been.

I saw a chiropractor I know that does energy work, kinesiology and some other stuff and he has a body scanner called Asyra that he ran on me. He said he picked up some Lyme that may have become active, a poorly functioning ileocecal valve, low dopamine (surprise, surprise), poor synapse function, and some other emotional stuff.

I scheduled a consult with Jack and told him I want to focus on increasing dopamine and he recommended I add in cold with sun and the addition of cold has definitely helped. I've been wearing my ice vest while sunning on my balcony and what do you know but my dopamine is creeping up. The keys for dopamine are sun, cold, and the right people. I've worked on the people in my life too and just doing stuff like reaching out to friends I haven't talked to in a while and that helps as well.

Then last night I got a really great dopamine kick. The power company where I live is rolling out smart meters and I went to a meeting they held where they had a panel of so called experts to allay any concerns of the public. I did my best to channel my inner Jack Kruse. The PhD/Consultant they had there to talk about health was talking a lot of nonsense. I decided to call him out. The first time I felt rather meek and was pretty nervous. I pushed myself forward and called him out some more and a shift happened and I started feeling really bold and confident.

There was another guy there asking really good questions as well and we started tag teaming the PhD and the moderator said since our discussion was getting so technical that the rest of the people probably wouldn't be interested and we should move on and I said no, the people here need to hear this and some of the crowd chimed in and said yes, they wanted to hear it. It wasn't much of a victory because the smart meters are being rolled out regardless but we did get the attention of a few people and that felt really good.

I was hopped up on dopamine for the rest of the night and woke up early today before the sun rise still feeling the dopamine coursing through my veins. I was a little down because I thought of a million other thing I wish I said but also happy that I did speak up even though it was uncomfortable at first. So keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and you'll increase your levels of dopamine and feel totally awesome.

Phosphene likes this.