1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Napping in the sun

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Dan2, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Unique effects of napping in the sun around midday? Other than getting sunburned. Compared to napping in the shade or being awake in the sun. At this northern US latitude this time of year, waking up at sunrise and being awake until a couple hours after sunset means 17-18 hour days, so napping in the middle of the day would be good, and strong UV (strongest of the year for this latitude) while being asleep is different than while awake... how? I don't know where to start with it other than the nervous system while sleeping changing some responses maybe.

2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I don't recommend sunbathing around solar noon during summer time. I believe the nnUVC levels are too high right now and causes burning. I try to time my SG between 10am and noon or 2 and 4pm. Sometimes I fall asleep and feels great.

3. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Ok then not just strong UV while asleep, morning sun with less UV too -- how the nervous system while asleep might change responses to wavelengths of light?

Here's a study of giving a melatonin supplement to people before an afteroon nap.
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00648/full

So melatonin isn't usually released by napping during the day, but napping during the day can still feel like good sleep. What else is different about the sleep while napping during the day, and the difference between napping in sun or shade?

John Schumacher likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Assume a middle-aged healthy person (say 15 years old)
    11000 years ago (so agriculture was invented 1000 years later)
    near Lake Victoria
    sleeping naked, in an open area, sleeping a few hours near noon.
    next
    to that person is his identical twin except since his birth he/she managed to have an identical diet except it contained only 20% potassium.
    What difference between those two people one can expect?

https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Potassium-BEST.pdf

The Evolution-Informed Optimal Dietary Potassium Intake of Human Beings Greatly Exceeds Current and Recommended Intakes

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In my backyard, sometimes I do sleep naked, around noon.
    Not even hints of sunburn or rash. I don't use anything on my skin.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DrEttinger said:
    Here is one of my favorite articles on potassium (bicarbonate) https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Potassium-BEST.pdf
    Table 2
    Some Physiological Effects Of Potassium Bicarbonate
    And Bicarbonate-Generating Organic Anions That Have
    Positive Health Benefits
    Established Associations
    Stomach antacid#
    Diuretic,* natriuretic,* chloruretic*
    Increases serum potassium concentrations to evolutionary optima*
    Corrects thiazide induced hypokalemia*39
    Antihypertensive: reduces systolic & diastolic blood pressure*40-44
    Optimizes endothelial function*45
    Increases aortic compliance*46
    Stroke prevention, independently of bp reduction*47,48,49
    Reverses salt-induced (sodium chloride-induced) increases in blood pressure*42,50
    Reverses salt-induced increases in urine calcium excretion#42,51
    Increases urinary citrate excretion#52–54
    Reduces kidney stone formation#55
    Reduces urine calcium excretion and improves negative calcium balance#56
    Reduces urine phosphorous excretion and improves negative phosphorus balance#56
    Reduces urine nitrogen excretion#57
    Inhibits osteoclastic bone resorptive activity#58
    Stimulates osteoblastic bone formative activity#58
    Decreases bone resorption markers in vivo#56
    Reduces production of the reno-toxin, ammonia (NH3)#
    Acts as vasodilator59,60
    Reduces production of the reno-vasoconstrictor, thromboxane*61
    Increases production of vasodilators, prostaglandins & nitric oxide*62,63
    Reduces free radical formation (therefore antiatherogenic)*64
    Increases growth hormone blood levels in older individuals*65
    Neutralizes the diet-induced endogenous acid load#56
    Corrects the systemic metabolic acidosis caused by typical American diets#56
    Increases plasma bicarbonate & reduces blood acidity#56
    Lowers serum chloride concentrations#56
    Increases serum phosphorus concentrations*66
    Improves age-related declines in cognitive function*67
    #predominantly a bicarbonate effect *predominantly a potassium effect
    #combined potassium and bicarbonate effect
    =========================================
    Thiazide refers to both a class of sulfur-containing organic molecules
    ==========================================================

7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Don't need sunscreen when skies are sprayed with aluminum. :whistle:

On a serious note I've noticed I burn more around solar noon in California than I do in New York at almost identical latitudes. Ozone depletion and nnUVC vary locally of course.

Solar noon SG was never a problem for me during winter and most of spring.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My milestones.
    1997 (57 yo) found myself (without a job) (low on testosterone) and with "adrenal fatigue",
    MD, with the best title I could find, told me that I am old, should get ready to die.
    Sorry doc, I would rather not do that.

Eventually found John Crisler DO, his web site was a lifesaver for me.
    testosterone, iodine, little of Circadian Rhythm, lots of very basic, repetitive discussions.

understanding of Light, Water, and Magnetism, the @Jack Kruse way
    Light and Magnetism are "easy" to get it, in a general way
    water, that is another story
    nnEMF is a great topic, but a distraction to most.
    If you cannot get A, you still don't want to die (today) if B helps. Besides, A is whimsical anyhow.
    Sometimes A comes with a scorpion, other times with a bitcoin.

Comes @DrEttinger
    I know that he is a great guy,
    but why it took me so long to think about potassium the way I should?
    Human beings, by developing agriculture 10000 years ago
    reduced their potassium intake to 20% of their actual needs.
    Evolution need hundreds of millions of years to make changes
    Our bodies have not changed much within 10000 years.
    Our bodies still need potassium amounts it was given 11000 years ago.
    -------------------------------------

Multivariate analysis

multivariate statistics (are way too often used by thieves and liars).

n1

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  9. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

"The milliequivalent (mEq) is the unit of measure often used for electrolytes. It indicates the chemical activity, or combining power, of an element relative to the activity of 1 mg of hydrogen. Thus, 1 mEq is represented by 1 mg of hydrogen (1 mole) or 23 mg of Na+, 39 mg of K+, etc." (https://www.merckvetmanual.com/spec...illiequivalent-conversions-and-atomic-weights)

So their estimate of 435 mEq/day is equivalent to 16,575 mg of potassium per day?

____

For meat they have 71 K mEq/day, equivalent to (71 x 39) 2769 mg.

Numbers from quick first Google results:

~1500 mg potassium in a one pound raw steak.
    1400 mg in one pound of raw beef liver.
    1200 mg in one pound of raw beef kidney.
    1000-1500 mg in a quart of raw milk.
    69 mg in one raw egg.

So like eating about 2 lbs of meat in a day.

But would someone who's eating 2 lbs of meat per day also eat all those "nuts, leafy greens, vegetable fruit, tubers, root, and fruit" that add another 363 mEq or about 14000 mg more potassium per day?

I think maybe people nowadays aren't eating about 1/5 of the potassium needed but instead that they're overestimating the potassium need.

In Table 1 on page 4, "leafy greens" has the most mEq/day of potassium at 116. 116 x 39 = 4524 mg. A quick Google search says 970 mg in 1 lb of raw collard greens. So eating ~4-5 lbs of raw collard greens every day in addition to 2 lbs of meat?

____

Then "vegetable fruit" is the 2nd highest mEq/day category at 113. On page 5 they say:
    "Vegetable fruits (also known as vine fruits) and fruits commonly referred to as vegetables (eg, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, tomato, and sweet pepper). All fruits come from flowering plants as ripened ovaries containing seeds."

Quick search for K in that kind of vegetables:

http://nephron.org/nephsites/adp/pot.htm
    "Fresh tomato 400 mg"

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/Nutrition/PotassiumHandout.pdf
    "1 avocado 940 mg
    1 medium raw tomato 290 mg
    Winter squash cooked 1 cup 500 mg
    Eggplant 1 cup cooked 120 mg
    Cucumber 1 cup cooked or raw 160 mg
    Green/red sweet pepper 1 cup 260-320 mg"

113 mEq/day K from "vegetable fruits" is (113 x 39) 4407 mg. That'd be about 3 fresh tomatoes, 2 avocados, 2 cups cooked eggplant, 2 cups cooked winter squash.

____

Tubers 33 mEq/day = 1287 mg.

http://nephron.org/nephsites/adp/pot.htm
    "Baked potato 844 mg"

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/Nutrition/
    "1 medium sweet potato baked with skin 450 mg
    1 white potato baked with skin 925 mg"

So 1 or 2 potatoes.

And then they have "roots" different from tubers at 65 mEq/day or 2535 mg. I don't know what they mean by "roots" so let's just say add another 3 potatoes.

____

For "fruit" they have 28 mEq/day or 1092 mg.

"One banana 425 mg
    One mango 325 mg
    Raisins 1 cup 1080 mg
    Blueberries 1 cup 120 mg
    One apple 150 mg"

So three bananas or 10 cups of blueberries or 7 apples.

____

They have nuts at 8 mEq/day or 312 mg.

"Nuts: almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, Brazil, cashew, mixed 1 ounce 200 mg"

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/drugs/17283-nutrition-nuts--heart-health
    "The following equal one ounce: 24 almonds, 18 medium cashews, 12 hazelnuts or filberts, 8 medium Brazil nuts, 12 macadamia nuts, 35 peanuts, 15 pecan halves and 14 English walnut halves (3)"

So double those if we say eating 2 ounces of nuts.

____

So a sample diet in one day would be 2 lbs of meat, 4 lbs of greens, 3 tomatoes, 2 avocados, 2 cups eggplant, 2 cups winter squash, 5 potatoes, 5 cups of berries, 3 apples, 24 almonds, 35 peanuts.

Which I guess maybe could be doable in a day, but every day for a normal size person? Unless metabolisms of people back then were normally as high as a 6+ feet tall 300 lb bodybuilder nowadays, that seems like too much food. And if they were that active and did have a metabolism like that, wouldn't they try to eat more than 2 lbs of meat instead of also eating ~4 lbs of greens, ~5 lbs of other vegetables, ~2 lbs of fruit, and two handfuls of nuts?

____

On page 6 they say this:

"In natural diets not subjected to processing that includes the addition of potassium salts, typically potassium chloride, a variety of organic anions accompany food potassium in near-equivalent amounts. The body converts a large fraction of those organic anions to bicarbonate (base) as an end-product of metabolism. We can estimate the organic anion content of individual food items and of entire diets by determining the contents therein of the major inorganic cations and anions, and then calculating the difference, the so-called unmeasured anion content, typically a positive number, which reflects the organic anion content, or the potential bicarbonate yield on metabolism. Figure 3 shows how well the potential bicarbonate content of retrojected Paleolithic diets correlates with the potassium content of those diets.

In Figure 3, note that the equivalents of a diet’s potential bicarbonate yield more than matches the equivalents of potassium in the diet (slope 1). The excess may in part represent organic anions not metabolizable to bicarbonate and in part errors in determining inorganic cation and anion contents. A similarly near-equivalent relationship exists for individual food items, as shown in Figure 4.

Not surprisingly then, our Paleolithic ancestors consumed their large potassium loads, by contemporary standards, with near-equivalent amounts of bicarbonate precursors, the latter sufficient to render the Paleolithic diet net base-producing in contrast to the contemporary Western net acid producing diet. 28,29"

If I'm understanding it, the potential bicarbonate precursors are about the same amount as the potassium content normally measured like in the examples I used for the sample diet, right? Meaning the sample diet I made shouldn't be halved. I don't know much about this, "...the latter sufficient to render the Paleolithic diet net base-producing in contrast to the contemporary Western net acid producing diet" -- the net base-producing part.

This is a.. basic summary of acid-base regulation here that I read:
    https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-dietary-acids-and-bases
    Excerpt:
    "Eskimo and Inuit in Arctic regions consume nearly 2,200 mg of calcium per day, yet have some of the highest levels of osteoporosis in the world. This is most likely due to their high-acid (and low alkaline) dietary intake.

Acidic anions in food include chloride, phosphorous, sulfates, and other organic acids.
    Basic/alkaline cations in food include sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.

Low grade acidosis can get worse with age due to a decrease in kidney function.

The net acid or base load from the diet is the potential renal acid load (PRAL). mEq is a unit of measure used to quantify this load.

A score of 0 would represent a neutral load.
    A positive score is more acidic.
    A negative score is more alkaline.

Pre-industrialized diets were around -88 mEq/L (thus more alkaline-forming). Modern diets are around +47 mEq/L (thus more acid-forming)."

____

I think what's reasonable from the paper is the idea that if grains grown agriculturally have less potassium proportional to calories than other vegetables then people before agriculture eating vegetables other than grains would be getting more potassium proportional to calories. But I don't think the several pounds of vegetables they're estimating the amount of potassium intake from is what people would have been eating if they had plenty of game available to hunt. And if there wasn't enough game to hunt, and if people were able to get that many vegetables consistently before agriculture, why did they develop agriculture? Am I not understanding some point about the bicarbonate yield making that many vegetables necessary?

From the potassium intake study:
    “Although meat, milk, and cereal products contain potassium, they do not contain enough bicarbonate precursors to balance their acid-forming precursors, such as sulfur-containing amino acids.”
    and
    “The Yanomamo Indians represent only one human culture in the contemporary world in which dietary potassium intake remains in the retrojected Paleolithic diet range. Denton34 reports their mean 24-hour urine potassium excretion as 303+/-105 mmol/d (see Table 27-7 in article by Denton34). The Yanomamo have a mean body weight of 55+/-2 kg. If we consider an 85% gut absorption of consumed potassium, and extrapolate to a standard 70-kg body weight, potassium intake computed from the urine excretion rates would amount to 70*([303/0.85]/55) = 454 mEq/d.”

So unless I misunderstood how to calculate the milligrams of potassium needed from food from the mEq, it must be that their foods have more potassium because of better soil quality?
    But is that much potassium the only way to get those effects in Table 2? There has to be some other contextual thing that makes less potassium have the same effects.

“Given the fundamental physiologic and metabolic importance of potassium, such a large magnitude of change in potassium intake invites the question of whether in human beings the quantitative values of potassium-influenced physiologic phenomena (eg, blood pressure, insulin and aldosterone secretion rates, and intracellular pH) that currently are viewed as normal in fact are in disaccord with genetically conditioned norms.”

In Table 4, under “How Diet K Was Increased”, the only one that wasn't a supplement was “Grain-free vegetarian diet”, increasing the K in the diet from 98 to 341 mEq/day, and they're the only group whose serum K mEq/L decreased from the baseline before the K increase in the diet. Maybe a different combination of vegetables in the diet and/or prepared differently could get the results the authors were looking for, but if the supplements worked better than the diet with lots of vegetables I think that's a sign of inaccurate assumption(s) about or ignorance of how something other than potassium in the metabolic context of eating lots of potassium-rich vegetables affects potassium's role.

Does this:
    “In natural diets not subjected to processing that includes the addition of potassium salts, typically potassium chloride, a variety of organic anions accompany food potassium in near-equivalent amounts. The body converts a large fraction of those organic anions to bicarbonate (base) as an end-product of metabolism.”
    mean that the bicarbonate goes into the urine? Is the “[Yanomamo] mean 24-hour urine potassium excretion as 303+/-105 mmol/d” potassium salts, bicarbonate, both? Just because the Yanomamo eat that much potassium, are they urinating that much out because they don't need that much of the potassium salts or bicarbonate, or the amount they're eating results in a useful high amount of bicarbonate and they're just urinating out the high amount of salts that were needed to also get that amount of bicarbonate?

____

And about this:
    “Eskimo and Inuit in Arctic regions consume nearly 2,200 mg of calcium per day, yet have some of the highest levels of osteoporosis in the world. This is most likely due to their high-acid (and low alkaline) dietary intake.

Acidic anions in food include chloride, phosphorous, sulfates, and other organic acids.
    Basic/alkaline cations in food include sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium...

The net acid or base load from the diet is the potential renal acid load (PRAL). mEq is a unit of measure used to quantify this load.

A score of 0 would represent a neutral load.
    A positive score is more acidic.
    A negative score is more alkaline.”

Do animal foods really cause a high mEq potential renal acid load (PRAL)? That isn't the result of calculating it with cheap modern industrial animal products that have resultingly disproportionate acidic/basic mineral proportions? Or if quality animal foods do still make an acidic, postive PRAL, there isn't something else that was different in an 11000 years ago environment (and could be made similar today) that would reverse the positive PRAL or make it insignificant somehow? For example, I've read (and I don't know how true this is) that spring water flowing over rocks and raw food both can have useful amounts of H-. Would that affect the PRAL? And so if the calculations/tests that say animal foods make a positive PRAL were using quality grass-fed but cooked meat and the people were drinking tap water without H- in it, eating meat less cooked and/or drinking not-processed (in the ways legally required in the US) spring water with more H- might bring the PRAL to a negative score.

Overview of H- water:
    http://h-minus-ion.vpinf.com/

Studies using it (from http://libgen.is/scimag/?q=Hydrogen-Rich+Water&page=1 ):

In humans:
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.mayocp.2012.02.008
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1080/15438627.2013.852092
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1249/01.mss.0000519562.97355.a8
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1186/2045-9912-2-12
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2011.09.006
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.nutres.2008.01.008
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1080/15438627.2013.852092
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1194/jlr.M036640
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1111/cts.12076
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s13577-016-0150-x
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1166/jnn.2012.6163
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.3892/mco.2017.1409
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1097/shk.0000000000000810
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.cbi.2015.07.013

In horses:
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1294/jes.24.1

In rats and mice:
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.urology.2012.10.026
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1186/2045-9912-1-11
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1186/2045-9912-1-26
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s11604-011-0588-4
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1111/j.1600-051x.2011.01801.x
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1002/hep.25782
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.bbrc.2008.08.020
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jss.2010.11.515
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.bbrc.2017.08.035
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.archoralbio.2012.04.013
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1186/2045-9912-2-18
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.fct.2013.10.004
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.brainres.2016.01.029
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1038/srep23742
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jneuroim.2016.03.006
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s11010-014-2024-4
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.taap.2014.06.011
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1038/srep05534
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.brainres.2015.04.038

In plants:
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1021/jf5019593
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1071/FP15204
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s10725-015-0033-2
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s11104-013-1614-3
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.06.032
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2014.04.009
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.12.029
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.01.067
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.jplph.2014.09.017
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2017.06.045
    https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s13580-017-0043-2

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    JanSz likes this.
  10. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

And about mineral supplements, probably not as much potassium per dose but a traditionally proven proportional mixture of minerals including potassium and lots of trace minerals is white stone oil aka brakshun. I've seen it described generally as potassium alum but there are lots of minerals in it. It's often combined with shilajit aka mumie/mumiye/mumio.

https://op-fialki.ru/en/tormoza/chem-polezno-kamennoe-maslo-maslo-pazhitnika-poleznye-svoistva/

"Stone oil is a unique gift of nature found in the mountains. Altaians call it Brakshun, other popular names - “white Mumiye”, “stone of immortality”.

In fact, despite the name, this natural substance is not a stone and is nothing like oil. Essentially, rock oil is healing minerals, alum. In appearance, stone oil can be flat plates or volumetric formations. They are quite solid, often sold in powdered form. The color of stone oil varies depending on the exact chemical composition - in some places, for example, it may contain slightly more zinc or other minerals. There are stone oils of white, beige, yellowish or greenish hue. In the purified, that is, suitable for consumption, “white Mumiye” is always light, close to white.

Until now, scientists cannot accurately answer the question - how is stone oil formed and where is it better to look for it. The only fact is that potassium alum appears in the mountains and they require a high moisture content in the air. In these conditions, the process of leaching of rock. Usually this precious substance is hidden in deep rocky cracks, crevices or caves. You can find it in the Mongolian and Chinese mountains, in Russia - in Eastern Siberia, Gorny Altai, in the Western Sayan Mountains...

The history of the use of the “stone of immortality

Stone oil has been used by people for more than four millennia. These legends tell about its medicinal strength, anti-aging effect and ability to heal any ailments from time immemorial. Mongol khans and Burmese rulers bought up precious healing substance at the price of gold. The Chinese emperors appreciated the rare miraculous medicine no less, and forbade ordinary people to use it - all the found stone oil should have been intended only for members of the ruling family.

Tibetan lamas extracted stone oil in the mountains and used in recipes for the treatment of diseases of internal organs.

In Chinese legends, stone oil is described as the food of the immortals. There is still a legend about a mountain village, all the inhabitants of which eat the “white stone" and live, not subject to disease, to the very old age.

In the traditions of traditional medicine of different places, stone oil is considered a product that relieves inflammation, stops bleeding, heals fractures and burns, is useful for the stomach and all organs.

In our country, stone oil was widely known during the time of Peter I. It was he who decided that the supply of this medicine from Siberian villages to the capital should be established. By order of the king, stone oil appeared in pharmacies in St. Petersburg.

The interest of official medicine in stone oil was already evident in the days of the USSR. In the 60s and 70s, doctors and biochemists conducted a series of experiments and studies that confirmed the uniqueness of the composition and therapeutic effect of stone oil, after which its official use in medicine was allowed. Based on stone oil, several drugs have been developed that are recommended for use in various diseases.

In the 1980s, a lot of work on the study of stone oil was carried out by scientists of the Academy of Sciences in Kazakhstan. Spectral analysis revealed about fifty chemical elements in this unique natural substance in optimal concentration. After chemists, doctors made their contribution to the popularization of the “white Mumiye” by conducting clinical trials on the use of this substance in tuberculosis. The results were overwhelming: in patients, the cure was much more effective due to the antibacterial effect and the ability of stone oil to fight inflammation, restoring and strengthening the immune system.

Also known are the experiments that the researchers conducted on laboratory animals. Their results proved that stone oil helps to regenerate skin lesions and treat inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity better than conventional medications...

The very name “white Mumiye” makes many people think that stone oil is a kind of Mumiye. Many confuse these two substances. However, this is a gross mistake. In reality, stone oil is related to Mumiye only by its mountain origin, a fairly small distribution in nature, mainly in hard-to-reach places, and the associated difficulties in production. Also, in fairness, it is worth adding that stone oil and Mumiye are similar in that they strengthen immunity, and both of these products have very extensive possibilities for medicinal use. A serious difference is that stone oil is an inorganic mineral alum. And Mumiye is a remedy in which there is not only mineral, but also organic parts.

Stone oil consists of magnesium sulfate and rock elements, in it about fifty elements from the periodic table.

Among them are potassium
    , which is vital for the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system, as well as magnesium, without which the functioning of nerves, the growth of bones and teeth are impossible.

Calcium, the source of which is also stone oil, is extremely important not only for the skeleton, but also for the circulatory system; it is involved in blood coagulation and regulation of cholesterol metabolism.

Without zinc, the concentration of which in the “white Mumiye” is very high, the brain, organs of vision, normal metabolism are impossible, its lack leads to infertility in men and women.

Phosphorus is also contained in stone oil, which plays an important role in the health of the nervous system and regeneration processes, and iron, which transports oxygen in the body and is involved in the synthesis of hemoglobin.

The external anti-aging effect of stone oil is the merit of silicon, which is no less important for the beauty of the skin than for the health of the heart, as well as copper - it favorably affects both the skin and the condition of the hair.

Iodine is another important element in stone oil, the cornerstone in the work of the thyroid gland and other organs of the endocrine system.

Also in the “white Mumiye” there is manganese, chromium, nickel and cobalt, and even precious metals - platinum, gold and silver, and many basic necessary substances - oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen.

The incomparable healing properties of stone oil are caused not only by a long list of components, but also by the fact that they are in high concentration. Moreover, the healing solution in its structure is such that the most efficient absorption of trace elements by the body occurs, providing nutrition to cells and tissues. An aqueous solution of stone oil concentrates mineral molecules in its active ionic form, they are instantly absorbed and absorbed much more fully than the same substances in food products."

____

Other pages about it:

https://kingad.ru/en/uzi-konechnost...nnoe-maslo-na-organizm-kamennoe-maslo-sostav/

https://vbordo.ru/en/kak-razvodit-kamennoe-maslo-kamennoe-maslo-lechenie-pecheni-brakshun.html

____

"In the 1980s, a lot of work on the study of stone oil was carried out by scientists of the Academy of Sciences in Kazakhstan. Spectral analysis revealed about fifty chemical elements in this unique natural substance in optimal concentration."

I'm going to try to write to someone at the Kazakhstan Academy of Sciences and some science universities in Russia and see if they can tell me how to find some research about it. Almost all the stuff in English on the internet about it is from people selling it on Etsy or eBay.

This is a good small family business to buy it from. I've bought this and shilajit and bee products from them. Just gotta wait about 3 weeks for shipping to the US from SIberia. $6 for 10 g. The picture below is the auto-translated page from Russian. I can explain how to order through email with the owner.

Screen shot 2020-06-24 at 1.30.15 PM.png

____

Another good food for a variety of trace minerals is Irish moss aka sea moss, Chondrus crispus. It can be bought as small flakes that gelatinize into hot water better than powdered and I feel better after eating that than powdered -- the powdering affects something in it -- but it also usually has small pieces of rocks that the powder doesn't have. If you buy the more expensive large unprocessed-other-than-dried pieces, not small flakes, it gelatinizes good and the rocks can be washed out.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020 at 3:08 AM
    JanSz likes this.
  11. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

I use the white stone oil, shilajit, and a little salt in spring water I collect nearby (on a nice little hike with my '70s external aluminum frame backpack holding about 20 liter bottles per trip) to make a homemade mineral water. Much more cost effective (when the shilajit and white stone oil are bought from Russia) than buying mineral water, and probably more healthy considering the variety and proportions of trace minerals from all three plus fulvic and humic acids in the shilajit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Dan2
    @DrEttinger
    -------------------------
    Alkaline=as positive
    Taking potassium solves my muscle cramps (and DrEttinger headaches).
    There are lots of peoples in that category (one can buy (popular) No-Salt salt which is really potassium bicarbonate).

Alkaline=as negative
    GERD =Gastroesophageal reflux disease, also known as acid reflux, is rampant.
    Most people have it. There are a few separate industries selling stomach acid-lowering pills.
    In my view, the disease is caused by the esophageal sphincter not closing fully when it should.
    Most or close to all input that tells esophageal sphincter to close comes via PH level.
    Increase stomach acidity and GERD is solved (naturally) by closing esophageal sphincter.
    I take (Betaine Hydrochloride) daily and that eliminates the GERD that I would otherwise have.
    Taking antacids is unnatural.
    -----------------------

Have anyone had a
    headache, GERD, and muscle cramps all at the same time?

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have anyone had a
    headache, GERD, and muscle cramps all at the same time?

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

post #9
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/napping-in-the-sun.25075/#post-290502
    https://www.nafwa.org/convert2.php
    upload_2020-6-29_12-59-13.png

potassium-supplement-oral-route-parenteral-route
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...oute-parenteral-route/proper-use/drg-20070753
    Parenteral nutrition, or intravenous feeding, is a method of getting nutrition into your body through your veins.

However, most people will not take more than 100 mEq a day.
    100 mEq= 3900mg=3.9grams

upload_2020-6-29_13-10-54.png

========================================================

upload_2020-6-29_13-14-17.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 1:36 PM
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://howirecovered.com/understanding-potassium/

Understanding potassium
    October 3, 2013

Of course, there are many other factors besides this ratio to consider – including the source of potassium in food and whether it forms bicarbonates and is therefore alkalizing (this would be the potassium from plant sources, especially leafy greens) – or whether it makes chloride and is therefore acidifying (from protein sources of potassium), so this relates to our pH balance.

===============================
    If a person is very deficient (at the cell level), then it can take a long time for general healing to occur… maybe 6 months to a year or more. However, if you’re supplementing – say 1 gram with each meal (~3 grams/day) – then you should be able to correct the deficiency state in a matter of weeks, assuming you lower sodium appreciably and otherwise eat a decent diet and you’re getting enough magnesium, taurine etc (according to Wikipedia, “In cells, taurine keeps potassium and magnesium inside the cell, while keeping excessive sodium out” so, supplementing with taurine – up to 3 grams per day – may be helpful).

=====================

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 3:32 PM
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323957#abnormal-ph-levels

What is the normal pH range for urine?
    Urine comprises water, salts, and waste products from the kidneys. The balance of these compounds can affect the urine’s acidity levels, which specialists measure in pH.

The pH is the measurement of how acidic or alkaline a person’s urine is. Doctors often test the urine pH, and they may perform other diagnostic tests, when a person has symptoms that may be related to a problem in the urinary tract.

American Association for Clinical Chemistry,
    the average value for urine pH is 6.0,

but it can range from 4.5 to 8.0.
    Urine under 5.0 is acidic, and urine higher than 8.0 is alkaline, or basic.

Different laboratories may have different ranges for “normal” pH levels.
    The laboratory report will explain the normal and abnormal levels for the specific laboratory.
    A doctor will usually explain these results to the person.

What do abnormal pH levels mean?

One of the major factors affecting urine pH is the food that a person eats.
    A doctor will likely ask a person about the foods they typically eat before evaluating their urine pH results.

Acidic foods include:
    grains

• fish
    • sodas
    • high-protein foods
    • sugary foods
    Alkaline foods include:
    • nuts
    • vegetables
    • most fruits
    If a person has a high urine pH, meaning that it is more alkaline,
    it might signal a medical condition such as:

A person can also have a higher urine pH due to prolonged vomiting.
    This rids the body of stomach acid, which can make body fluids more basic.

Acidic urine can also create an environment where kidney stones can form.

If a person has low urine pH, meaning that it is more acidic, it might indicate a medical condition such as:

• diabetic ketoacidosis, which is a complication of diabetes
    • diarrhea
    • starvation
    Taking certain medications can also make a person’s urine pH more basic or acidic.

A person should ask their doctor if they should stop taking certain medications the night or morning of a urinalysis.
    However, sometimes a doctor will want a person to continue taking these medications to determine a person’s urine pH while they are taking them.

18. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

I searched on Google: "potassium chloride" bicarbonate acidifying "potential renal acid load", found this:

https://restorativemedicine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Pizzorno_Acidosis.pdf
    (slides 39, 43, 81)

and this:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...althy_free-living_children_and_adolescents1-3

"Today, there is a general consensus that diet can markedly affect acid-base status and that a person’s acid load can be
    specifically manipulated by dietary means (9, 17–21). An
    established method of estimating acid loads of foods or diets
    is by calculating the potential renal acid load (PRAL) (9, 22,
    23)."

References 9, 17-23:
    9- https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/s0002-8223(95)00219-7
    17 - Couldn't find full version of 17
    18 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1093/ajcn/59.6.1356
    19 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/0955-2863(95)00064-7
    20 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1093/ajcn/68.3.576
    21 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1046/j.1525-139x.2000.00062.x
    22 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1093/jn/128.6.1051
    23 - https://sci-hub.tw/10.1159/000052556

Others:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour.../D7F03DFEF497996E90BB6DA487C777B8/core-reader

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793331/pdf/nutrients-10-00103.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4762747/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6027183/

I haven't read these.

19. @JanSz, Wow, 23 years ago - your n1
    Now you've begun your 8th decade.
    Your photos in front of your home show a vibrant man.
    If it's not prying, may I ask about your journey - from jobless, adrenal fatigued & you have no action (standing up for attention) in the morning; This is where you're consult from our medical profession was -> just give up and prepare your will.
    It takes "git", "guts", "balls" to push yourself through emotional lows, in hopes you will find improvement.
    If you can share, I would appreciate it.

Grandpa John

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM
    JanSz likes this.
  20. @JanSz & @Dan2 -> Don't you just love small sample "studies" -> Why aren't they calling it "anecdotal"?

In that study, no one "napped" outside naked in the solar noon of a warm summer's day, taking in the full UV available. This sun noon therapy is very relaxing, warming to all the delicate "precious" body parts. The results would have been exponentially.

We know melatonin is mostly made in the pineal gland and that sunrise therapy (from its first rising to 10am - depending on latitude and season) is not just a main signaling of the hormone, but melatonin synthesis in the human eye.

Summer sun feels so good. It's not just dopamine synthesis from our sun, but all the essential hormones. Name one that doesn't.

Grandpa John