1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nado Ro's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by NadoRo, Sep 18, 2015.

1. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Slept through the night in the basement again..Very dark, where I can't even see my hand in front of my face, nice and cool.

I'm working out how to CT outside followed by sunbathing after breakfast. I have to rethink how I do everything, as morning is when I get the most done because that is when I tend to have the most energy. Kids being out of school complicates things a bit too. I need to prioritize reading the CT threads to see how other folks are getting their outdoor CT in when there's no handy lake or beach close by. I think I can buy a stock tank pretty easily around here.

At least our upcoming two week vacation involves a lake AND a beach!! I can ground in water every single day. And get some magnesium to boot!

It's looking more and more like we'll be moving back to NoVa by next June. It's not the best, but it's at sea level and a lower latitude than here with a shorter winter.. plus we'll have easy access to above mentioned beach house AND summer house on 6 acres in the Green Mountains. If that happens, I'm already working DH to think about retiring to the coastal south. He's spent a lot of time in the Pensacola area, and I think if I press retirement down there I'll be successful. It's still a decade off because we have to get kids through HS and out of the house..but it's something to look forward to. For retired military, Florida is a good place to be. Very favorable tax structure. I even mentioned buying waterfront property in Appalachicola, but he didn't bite.. too rural. :)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No Va is a horrible move FYI. You really need to think about what you are asking your mitochondria. Jumping from fryer to fire is not wise.

there no facts, only interpretations
    The truth is always simpler

You must seek your answer, in your environment.

The problem is not to find the answer, it's to face the answer we get.

NadoRo likes this.
  3. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I absolutely understand that NoVA is not progress. The population density alone means a ton of nnEMF issues.

We're playing the lottery, but haven't won yet... DC area is where my active duty spouse has the most job choices. We were hoping for SoCal (which has its own set of issues too), but that doesn't look like it's in the cards at this point. It wouldn't be forever, and on the plus side..we have access to mountain and beach houses back east, plus visits to see Grandma and Grandpa who live in a more rural area 4 hours south. Lots of (free) opportunities to get out of dodge, especially in the summer.

4. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Noticing that my motivation is way up today, along with energy levels. The better sleep definitely helps, but I think my dopamine levels are rising! I've been much more patient with my family and more motivated to do fun activities with my kids and tackle outstanding projects around the house.

caroline likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Just focus on the right things.......and forget about the ones that do not matter. It is the key to change and awareness which are both funded by dopamine levels.

[​IMG]

NadoRo likes this.
  6. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Checking in after a trip away for the holiday weekend. Spent some time in beautiful Montana..food choices were not always the best, but spent a lot of time outside and at Yellowstone.

Took the kids to a local reservoir today for some good grounding and UV exposure, otherwise known as summer fun!

Just installed Dminder app on my phone. Surprisingly, it showed good UV exposure pretty much all day.. I guess that's what happens at the height of the summer, even here.

I'm feeling really good. My sleep has been great the last few nights. I couldn't stay awake past 9:30 pm and slept until 6 am when DH got up for work. Dreams are very vivid now. I still wake up wanting to stay in bed, but that will change.

Interesting thing happened during our weekend trip..There was a lot of drinking, and I had a few glasses of wine throughout the weekend, but found that I didn't really want it. In fact, it didn't even taste very good to me. I'm a social drinker and that was an unexpected development. Must be my dopamine levels movin' on up!

caroline and JanSz like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

doin good!

8. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Hitting some snags with my food choices..something happens day 16 of my cycle and I'm suddenly ravenous. Back on track today. It would seem that the reset is just going to take some time. I still can't skip a meal and if my sleep is poor, I struggle with cravings the next day. It's frustrating.

Still focused on getting lots of outdoor time and as much direct sun as I can handle. It's HOT now..mid 90's every day and being in the heat wipes me out still unfortunately. I spent as much time as possible outside in the morning and evening when it is cooler, with some time out in the sun during prime D hours. I am sucking down the ice water--can't get enough of it! Leaving for vacation in a week to cooler New England, much less nnEMF, ice cold well water and a chilly lake.. Looking forward to that and the beach!

Tried out a body weight workout last night before bed to test LS at muscles. Today, I feel fine. A little sore in the legs, but that's about it. Will try again later this week and see what happens.

caroline likes this.
  9. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Soreness from bodyweight workout was minimal and lasted 24 hours. Good sign!

Nails are growing like weeds.

Mood is very uneven. Low libido.

So, so tired. I slept great for 4 nights in a row and then BAM..crappy sleep again. Started my period unexpectedly yesterday on Day 17, so I can't do the hormonal testing I was scheduled for on Day 19. This is the second time this has happened to me this summer! What is going on?? I've been wide awake at 3:30 am the last 4 nights. Brutal. Today I really feel it--eyes are burning, mood is snappy. Is my room too hot? Is my blood sugar crashing and triggering an adrenaline surge? I am quite warm at night, sleeping with almost no covers while my husband shivers under a few blankets. I can't get our house any cooler when it's 100 degrees outside. Maybe I should go back to the basement..Unfortunately, I feel extra vigilant when I'm two floors removed from my kids, so I'm not sure that helps my sleeping issues. But it's darker and colder.

Sigh. Going outside now to sit in grass. Lots of mosquitoes around because of rains earlier this month, so grounding in grass is not appealing due to the many bug bites I've sustained. I'll do it anyway. Anything to improve my sleep.

Honestly, it's been a long summer already of no sleep and lots of kid time. I'd give up on the reset protocol, but then I know the terrible cravings will come back to haunt me. Might as well stick with it since I don't know of any other path that will change things. Yes, that's low dopamine talking because this girl is so freaking tired of being tired. I don't think insomnia helps dopamine levels rise!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

keep going .....

Lahelada and NadoRo like this.
  11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

The body weight workout sprung out at me. If you are doing the leptin reset protocol exercise is not recommended until leptin sensitive. Maybe you are doing too much too soon. The heat stress you are suffering may be an indicator of that.

NadoRo likes this.
  12. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I am! I am! Yesterday I ended up eating "dinner" at 3:30 pm and it was mostly fat..lots of Kerrygold butter, dark chocolate with almond butter, some plain potato chips (I know, I know)..and then I stopped eating. We met friends for dinner and swimming a couple hours later and I brought a paleo option to eat so I wouldn't touch the pizza everyone else had..but I didn't eat anything. It was the craziest feeling. I was FULL and while it all looked and smelled delicious (I really do love pizza..gluten, dairy still look so good to me), I drank my club soda, socialized, played with the kids and forgot about it.

So, maybe I'm not such a lost cause after all.

We have a lot of personal stressful stuff going on right now..DH is deciding his career path and there are a lot of unknowns for the next several months (stay in vs. get out), our landlords won't extend our lease to cover the next school year even though we can't relocate before June 17..it feels like we are at a total standstill in all areas, even with my reset! My weight won't budge, my sleep hasn't improved.. Every day, I'm looking for ways to take action towards a different reality since I seem to have zero control over my current situation: I'm spending a lot of time outside, trying to throw out stuff and organize the house so when we move it's not as overwhelming.. I'm a planner and to not know where I'll be this time next year or even in 9 months is a source of significant emotional stress for me. I'm managing it as best I can, but our uncertain future is on my mind all the time.

13. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Thanks for stopping by, Lahelada!!

I actually just did one workout--it wasn't HIIT, strictly some modified push ups and squats to test LS at the muscles at bedtime. I was basically looking to see if there has been any progress in my leptin status since I am so frustrated by the sleeping issues. It is the only time I've done any form of exercise since I re-started in April, and is definitely not the cause of my insomnia.

What I did do yesterday, was go back to my spring salivary cortisol results and have another look. This time around, I noticed that my late evening cortisol IS slightly elevated instead of being rock bottom. I think it's starting to elevate as I fall asleep, and then spiking inappropriately too early in the morning, around 2-3 am. I had assumed wrongly that was ok because it was mid-range (.7 with a .4- 1.0 range, actually mid range and not low at all). So, I happened to have 2oo mg of Seriphos at home, took that at bedtime, and slept through the night. Now, one data point is not a trend, but I really needed a decent night's sleep, so I am grateful for it!

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Glad you slept well. I am not familiar with Seriphos but glad it helped.Are you getting 3-5 pm sun or red light at night. If we assume that every summer day increases inflammation as the day goes on (natural cycle) then missing out on sufficient red light pm, which is the healer of the daily cycle, may be a culprit.
    I misunderstood obviously about the exercise .

Keep going . This is the Ravensburger puzzle with the most pieces .... ;)

caroline and NadoRo like this.
  15. Darleen

Darleen New Member

I just wanted to chime in to say this inspired me. I'm having such a difficult time (in the morning especially.) getting outside. need to just do it and also hope I'll leave an impression on others in household who choose to sit in front of tv all day.. While it's summer ugh no excuses for me..

NadoRo and caroline like this.
  16. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Thanks, Darleen!

When I really started paying attention to how much time I spend inside vs. outside, I was surprised by how much time I was STILL inside. My whole family spends their day inside unless we are at the pool. I've started to change that now by my example. I sit outside for long periods of time, reading a book or articles online. I eat outside, pay my bills outside, and I fold my laundry outside. It's a fun game to figure out what can be done to increase daylight exposure!

We are going to be traveling a lot for the rest of the summer, so I won't post much. School starts in August, and I'm looking forward to taking control of my day again when I have more free time. Sleep is still spotty and hormones are a little crazy, but I'm curious to see what spending so much time outside at the beach and in the NE mountains will do for me. My plan is to get a full panel of bloodwork done when I return, and to scale back the carbs to zero carb/VLC again in September to match the changing light cycles, all while maintaining my high level of outdoor light exposure throughout the day. I'm also starting up CT again as soon as kids are back in school and I can focus.

Darleen likes this.