1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nado Ro's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by NadoRo, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It is not MRM Pregnenalone that I am talking about (but it exist).
    I am talking about:
    Nutricology Pregnenolone 150 Mg Sustained Release Tablets, 60 Count
    from Nutricology

https://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Pregnenolone-Sustained-Release-Tablets/dp/B000KII7CU/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466860119&sr=8-3&keywords=pregnenolone+micronized+lipid+matrix+150

[​IMG]

Price: $44.99
    ============================
    I was buying 2 (two) dozens of those bottles at one time.
    I'm in NJ and it was coming (erratically) from Ca.
    I made sure that I would not ran out of it.
    If you would get to the dose I was using (900mg/day=6 tabs/day=60 tabs every ten days)
    you would need 36 bottles for a year. First year. I was using 2 tabs/day the following two years.
    36bottles=$1620 first year
    $540 the following years
    That is from your wallet, no insurance.
    It looks to me that you may newer go thru with this project due to cost.
    But,
    you can get Prometrium at no cost to you.
    Lets modify this project,

Instead of pregnenolone-MLM we are talking now Prometrium.
    Prometrium=micronized progesterone

One of the good sides of prometrium is that it should make you sleepy.
    Take right before bed time as much as it takes to get at 7;30AM cortisol, serum=20ug/dL
    Start with Prometrium 200mg/bedtime
    ------------------
    Your doctor may give you hard time, be prepared.
    http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/naturogest-7775.html
    Prometrium Active Ingredient's : Natural Micronized progestrone
    Our Brand :Naturogest
    Strength(mg) :200mg
    90 Capsule/s US$ 88.25
    ---------------
    Strength(mg) : 100mg
    90 Capsule/s US$ 48.38
    -----
    When buying, you at first, may be interested is 200mg capsules only, but get one portion of 100mg's just in case.
    When buying, be in contact with salesman there.
    Discuss (exact) total cost of your planned purchase, then
    do not finalize purchase, but
    call your credit card first that you are just about planning to make purchase for the $xxx,xx
    call again and finalize purchase
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About sleeping;
    do not hesitate to sleep naked on the sun.
    ------
    About food;
    dr Jack tells us numerous times that it is way down on the list
    enjoy what you eat, pay less attention to other detailt
    ------
    About day length;
    I make it synthetic, constant 365/7 a year, and fixed in time, say your day starts always at the same hr on the clock
    day=14 hrs
    night=10 hrs
    -
    day all light frequencies allowed
    night only red allowed (that includes way to the bathroom)
    ------------
    Since day is synthetic, be as much as possible outside specially between 2hr before and two hrs after (solar) noon.
    But other times have a good light around you.
    I use (numerous) Exo Terra Solar Glow 160W
    The Exo Terra's are on during a day (14hrs)
    ---
    I do not use blue-blockers.
    TV, computer etc are used during day time only.
    ------------
    Since day time (overall) is increased (except for the time around summer solstice)
    it is little easier to be allowed to use blue light coming from tv, cell phone or computer.
    ------------
    I think that you would benefit from using
    D/UV-F KBD Sperti Fluorescent Table Top Lamp
    from Vitamin D Flourescent
    --
    You have pale complexion. You could benefit from MT-2 injections.
    That would give you little extra melanin.
    For some, not for everybody, MT-2 helps with enjoying sex.
    It is available from internet.
    When you ready, just ask, I will give you more details.
    Using MT-2 would allow you to stay longer on the sun.
    Sun is not only about UVA & UVB, the longer you can be just outside the better, regardless if sun is visible or behind clouds, regardless of time of the day. We talk about the two hrs before and after solar noon only because of vit D considerations.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^this does nothing without this: How do you improve your health best? Eliminate night time blue exposure with glasses that block 400- 470nm. Simple. Why? Not so simple. The retina-hypothalamic tract (RHT) directly connects the ipRGC from the retina (melanopsin) to the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN) of the anterior hypothalamus, the master circadian oscillator (biological clock). SCN is the endogenous master biological clock that allows temporal organization of living organisms, synchronizing circadian rhythms among themselves as well as with the external environment. SCN sends efferent projections to the hypothalamic and non-hypothalamic structures , including the paraventricular nucleus (Brain gut 16 blog) of the hypothalamus (PVN), the dorsomedial nucleus of the hypothalamus (DMH), and finally, the intergeniculate leaflet (IGL) of the thalamus which also sends projections to SCN. Interactions between the SCN, the PVN, the superior cervical ganglion (SCG), and the pineal gland support the neural network of melatonin suppression which is why blue light destroys sleep. Without being neurosurgery exhaustive here, many brain areas other than the SCN also receive direct projections from the ipRGC. Thus, olivary pretectal nucleus (OPN), the crucial node of the pupillary constriction pathway, receives direct projections from the ipRGC. OPN sends projections to the Edinger-Westphal nucleus (EWN) which in turn, innervate the parasympathetic sphincter muscle of the pupil allowing pupillary constriction to limit light entry via the pupil. The pupil is a perfect black box radiator. The ipRGC also sends direct connections to regions engaged in the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle, such as the ventrolateral preoptic nucleus (VLPO; sleep-wake regulation core-region), the subparaventricular nucleus/zone (SPVZ) of the hypothalamus, which is involved in sleep regulation but also in motor activity, as well as the lateral hypothalamus (LH), which contains orexin (hypocretin) neurons regulating wakefulness and hunger. This is why blue light toxic people are often fatter have sleep apnea and feel the need to graze. Furthermore, light may also affect the sleep-wake cycle via the connections between the SCN and the DMH since the DMH also sends projections to the VLPO, the LH, and the locus coeruleus (LC). The amygdala, a structure involved in emotional processes, also receives direct projections from the ipRGC and might represent a key target of the NIF system by potentiating effects of light on alertness and mood. This is how acute blue light can increase mood but how chronic blue light fatigue's mood and leads to depression and anxiety. This limbic area is part of the neural network named the “Salience Network” associated with responsiveness to stimuli. Light is the most powerful drug on this planet. Begin to understand it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27322730/?i=6&from=circadian+rhythm

lohd2015 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light........not pills.

caroline and lohd2015 like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

like the Cortef.
    To clarify my understanding.
    You are excellent candidate for using Cortef.
    Cortef=Cortisol
    You are sorely missing on Cortisol.
    But
    If you would use Cortisol, you will not change your status.
    You want to your own body to make Cortisol, then you will get is in more natural way.
    Just in time.
    Body's needs for cortisol are variable (on average) and instantaneously at the given moment (regardless of time of the day).
    That kind requirement you can get only in natural way.
    (When you are going 45mph constant speed, you still move accelerator).

I cannot change my location now.
    That is why Sperti lamp and Exo Terra Solar Glow 160W are helpful.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^TRUTH BOMB

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is overwhelming huh?

[​IMG]

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Wearing blue light-blocking glasses in the evening advances circadian rhythms in the patients with delayed sleep phase disorder: An open-label trial.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27322730/?i=6&from=circadian rhythm
    The DSPD patients were instructed to wear blue light-blocking amber glasses from 21:00 p.m. to bedtime,
    =========================
    @NadoRo
    @Jack Kruse is suggesting blue-blockers use in the evening.
    By my definition of day/night
    day=14hrs
    night =10hrs
    there is no evening
    day that starts 6AM ends 8PM, 10PM-6AM is night (in bed)
    8PM-10PM is red light time, we may call it evening, but if you do not use TV or computer or cell there is no need for blue-blockers
    there is a light or there is no light (or just red light)
    so I do not use blue-blockers in the last two hrs of the day, so far it works for me
    I think this is restriction stronger than dr J discusses.
    You should want use blue blockers 8PM-10PM (the last one or two hr of the day) if you are exposed to other than red light.
    From discussion I see, I am afraid, that many people may be using blue blockers a whole day.
    Using blue-blockers whole day may be advised in some clinical cases (Gretchen) but I think not in general.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature is not interested in what you do...........she will still make you pay her toll for defiance of how she built you.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    I am so glad that you came to my life.
    Jan

/

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@NadoRo
    I think that it would help if you put 2-10# weight (book?) on your head when walking.
    Note the thick pad on the head, likely 6"dia 1" thick (sponge or foam).
    Pad is placed toward forehead, so for balance the head must stay looking at far distance.
    We could use @Josh (Paleo Osteo) help in clarifying details.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    =====
    ...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Keep head up when carrying load

[​IMG]

'''

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How many of your friends on are: IYI? What's IYI?
    Intellectual Yet Idiot: semi-erudite bureaucrat who thinks he is an erudite; "pathologizes" others for doing things he doesn't understand not realizing it is his understanding that may be limited..........I've decided to cut most of them. So if you're reading this........all is well.

NadoRo and lohd2015 like this.
  17. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

IYI. I've been looking for the word that describes so many people I know..

I laughed to see the comments and memes (is that what they are?) when I popped over from reading Time #14 to post.

I understand that focusing on supplements is not seeing the forest for the trees. After reading your first link several times, Dr. Kruse, I took actions to change my environment yesterday.

My environment stinks, but I can take steps to make it better instead of complaining.

What did I do? I spent almost the ENTIRE day outside. Every possible housekeeping activity that could be done outside was done..outside. If my DH or kids wanted to talk to me, they had to come outside where I was hanging out with my book or pulling weeds. I ate all of my meals..outside. We went to the pool after dinner..

Last night I slept in the basement by myself. Pulled the plug on the clock, tightened my eye mask, and SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT.

Today, I'm doing the same thing.

Oh, and I DO wear red shade blue blockers every night. They go on as soon as the sun goes down. Been doing it for over a year now. Daylight exposure is my weak link.

My behavior has already affected DH and kids.. One daughter is outside with me now, and DH is on the hammock. I don't think he's turned on the tv all day. I simply told DH that we are inside all winter living here, so we might as well be outside all summer! (He hates winter and it's a start)

caroline likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Now that is a change I 'd like to see.......why do you need to be outside? Go read the comment I make in the pseudo tumor blog today to a person

19. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Thank you for that excellent link--it laid out your message in succinct, non geek terms. I am really grateful that you took the time to respond to my posts with some tough love.

Sunlight first. Especially this time of year I need to be outside, drinking in the light for as long as it is available. Despite the heat today I had energy all day long..no slump at all. I haven't taken my Naturethroid in several days. I want to see what light can do..

After making good progress with your Leptin Rx last fall, I allowed the cold and snow to keep me inside all winter. I allowed social pressure to convince me that exercising in artificial light, surrounded by nnEMF at my local fancy gym was a good idea. Those choices put me back at square one this April, when I had to start all over again.

I'm typing this comment, outside, grounding on the grass. I'll test my cortisol levels again at the end of the summer to get a baseline heading into the low light season, and I'm quite sure they'll be improved as long as as I follow through with my commitment to be outside! The challenge will be to make it through the winter here with gains intact.

caroline likes this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T in winter ...... and go south for a month.

NadoRo likes this.