1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Nado Ro's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by NadoRo, Sep 18, 2015.

1. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

No CT today.. My enthusiasm for all things waned by 9 am. Bound to happen when you start your day at 3:35 am!

In an effort to understand and solve the sleep issue, I went back today and re-read the first part of my journal from last fall. I started the reset at the end of August and by November was seeing improved sleep. By December, I was sleeping through the night regularly. I'm roughly at the point, 2 1/2 months in when I should be seeing some sleep gains. I guess I thought that being more aggressive with my light exposure and hormone support would accelerate my return to leptin sensitivity..but it hasn't. There's just no getting around this environment. It's making everything harder for me. Sigh.

I considered giving up today until we move (but that was just the fatigue and hormones talking), but I won't. I'll just keep this up and trust that it's eventually going to stick. Without decent sleep though, progress isn't going to happen very fast. Nevertheless, I have to believe that what I'm doing IS making a difference, on some level that I just don't see or realize yet.

I do know that I am down 17 lbs since last fall. I haven't gotten a lot of positive feedback on the weight loss from those who see me regularly. I think it's because it came off very slowly, and I didn't make a big show of going to the gym religiously (which is how a good friend lost a bunch of weight recently, overshadowing me).

I have a vanity 10 pounds hanging on, mostly on my chest and ab areas. That's hormonally driven and no doubt due to my trashed hormone panel and poor sleep.

My nails are strong and grow quickly, though I do not care for long nails.

Aside from hormonally-induced cravings at the tail end of my cycle, I do not have cravings and I do not binge eat anymore. If I have sweet cravings and indulge them with less optimal foods..like, say, chocolate chips, I rein it in pretty quickly and easily. Big win.

I'm not a fast reset. Time for some Vitamin P.

caroline likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

When I was extra hot at nite and waking up a lot .....I had inadvertently screwed up my hormones.

I had been feeling really well and not taking my Pg. then I started using estrogen suppositories for menopause stuff.

It took me awhile to figure out I had become "E" dominant. Duh!

How is your guy's libido? That is a big tell about his health....

NadoRo likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Keep some 90% Lindt chocolate in your pantry ..... A girl just needs chocolate sometimes!

Do you make fat bombs? I can't remember ....

NadoRo likes this.
  4. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I think the DHEA is causing my estrogen to rise. I have a big progesterone problem second half of cycle.. I have for a long time, even before I had kids. I had trouble getting pregnant in my early 30's after a decade of being on BCPs. I eventually did, without any fertility drugs, thank goodness.. But had severe postpartum depression after both deliveries. I believe the second pregnancy is what totally derailed leptin sensitivity, as sleep, migraines, weight loss, body comp, and mood went haywire after, and I fell into the rabbit hole of antidepressants and bad choices!

I wish I had known then what I know now--I would have had such a different experience with my babies and would not be in the mess I'm in today.

Back to the DHEA-estrogen conversion issue...I can stop taking the higher dose and reduce the estrogen OR I can tough it out and get my DHEA & Pregnenalone levels up. I've doubled my DIM intake and have also added Indole-3 to help manage the estrogen. I'm toughing it out (and turning down the thermostat when DH travels).

Based on my experiences with CT last fall as described in this journal, I have an almost immediate detox response in terms of mood and estrogen-dominant signs like sore breasts. I'm wondering how many other women have this response when starting? I'll have to go back and read some CT threads again.

I wonder if I should leave CT alone until I'm seeing more LS signs? In his protocol, JK says to add it slowly to the LR.. I just jumped in the baths this time and skipped the warm ups with ice on the torso and face dunkings because I didn't want to procrastinate.

DH has the strongest libido of any man I know (unfortunately! ha, ha!). I, on the other hand, have almost zero libido and yearn for the day when that will actually seem like a good way to spend an evening! When I read these Leptin RX success stories, I wonder when mine will come online and I'm so envious.

5. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Sleep last night was restless, but I was able to fall back asleep if I woke up in the middle of the night. No long stretches of being awake. I did have a tough time falling asleep--stayed up and read my novel well past when I would usually turn off the light. Must've been the VERY SATISFYING episode of Game of Thrones I watched last night!

Kids are in activities all morning, planning to spend as much time outside this am as I can..although I have a lot of housework to do as well. I need Dobby the House Elf to come take care of those responsibilities for me.

I've slacked on my seafood intake this weekend. Gotta prioritize that today!

6. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Fat bombs! I made some, but they were sickly sweet and a little weird tasting. I do keep 90% Lindt and just ran out. Will restock while at store today! I prefer dark chocolate and strawberry Kevita for sweetness overall.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Why were they sickly sweet? I used to make them with 90% dark chocolate and CO and butter and macadamia nuts.

Darleen likes this.
  8. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I followed some online recipe and she used WAAAY too much stevia. I'm going to try your way and see what happens.

The summer solstice brought with it crazy cravings today. I've totally shot myself in the foot this afternoon with a SNACK of chocolate, potato chips, and greek yogurt.. and I'm still craving. Classic PMS, and I totally caved despite drinking enough water, eating a huge BAB and lunch.

Start over tomorrow. Ugh. I hope the terrible cravings and mood swings are a sign that this ship is being righted. I know progression is not always linear.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Okay ..... I guess, at the expense of boring everyone to tears, I will say this yet again.....

When I had a consult with JK a few years ago .....my Pg was extremely low and my libido was dead and had been for a long time for various reasons. Menopause and my DH had been very ill for a long time. And I had no desire what so ever. JK said "I don't care if you don't want to - just do it". Get a BOB and do it twice a day ... and access the pharmacy in your brain. That is really, really important btw.

For me - I needed to load up on Pg and some DHEA and some pregnenolone. But - Dr. K. Was looking at my labs and I was able to find a Doc to help me.

I can't imagine if you are trying to sort this out on your own .... How are you going to balance all the hormones by yourself? It is extremely hit and miss and you could make things worse.

Have you listened to the sex webinar? And the follow up Q&A? Also there are a couple of great threads on oxy and libido that Jack contributed to a lot. Have a look.

Do you have Suzanne Somer's books? In particular Bombshell..... There is a lot of good and very understandable info on hormones in that one.

How great would this be for you and your DH ......to get back on track. You both would have a smile on your face that you can't wipe off!

NadoRo likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

why do you have chips in the house???

When making a fat bomb just use your own instincts .....I probably added some vanilla because I love it and some coconut. There probably were days when I wanted to add rum!

There are other names for these things but I can't think of it right now.

Are you working with a functional doc on BHRT?

11. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I have a lot of junk food in the house because I'm the only one in a family of 4 who eats Paleo. No one else is on board. Most of the time I'm around it and can ignore it. For whatever reason, it's been tough this cycle! I'm honest about it on this journal because I know it will eventually not be an issue for me, but newbies need to know their not alone. The standards of perfection and compliance on this site can be overwhelming if you haven't smoothed out your health problems. A lot of us come to the Leptin Rx and on to the other protocols because of issues with food.

I'll make some fat bombs today with your ingredients, mainly because they are exactly what I like!

I've definitely had a slide in the dairy department..I've noticed over and over again that if I allow more than heavy cream into my diet, it becomes a slippery slope of cravings! Usually, it's the greek yogurt or cheese to get some more protein when I'm uninspired or low on groceries.. And from there I start eat the sweetened greek yogurt, and down I go.

I'm on my SECOND functional doc. My first refused to do more than the bare minimim to work on my hormone levels. She was convinced that if I just found the one inflammatory food that was holding me back, then I'd suddenly look like a 25 year old in my bloodwork. I finally found a very good one this spring, 5 miles from house. I LOVE her.

Here's the thing about my new doc: Because of my very low cortisol levels, she wanted me to try Cortef at low doses. I asked on the site about using Cortef on the Leptin Reset and Jack himself said NOT too. So I'm not. I don't know that she's happy with me for that decision...but I'm paying her and I'm the customer.

My doc has also prescribed compounded progesterone and testosterone--all have been low for years. My insurance insisted that I replace the compounded progesterone with Prometrium. They will pay for the Prometrium, and not at all for the specialty compounded progesterone. So, I switched.

I started taking a much higher dose of Pregnenalone (600 mg) and DHEA (sublingual, 100 mg) when JanSZ chimed in on my journal entries to share his story about righting low cortisol levels and bad hormones.

After reading much of what JK has written about hormones and cortisol, JanSz' advice makes a lot of sense to me. I'm willing to give his hormone "protocol" 6 months, with the Leptin Rx way of eating, to see what happens. I feel like if I don't, I'll never get my cortisol up without the Cortef.

My environment is terrible. I live in a suburban neighborhood, cheek to jowl with my neighbors, at 5,000 feet (not a lot of pine trees here). The green electrical junction box for several of our houses is in MY backyard, 10-15 feet from our bedroom window. Awesome. My neighbor's smart meter plus all of their electronic panels to run their solar panels is on the side facing our bedroom. Additionally, our smart meter is on that side of the house. This house is a rental and we will be moving out of it sometime between April & June of 2017. I. Can't. Wait. I've hated this house since we moved in 2 years ago, not even knowing what nnEMF nightmare it is.

I can mitigate my smart meter by making a Faraday cage for it, but there is nothing I can do about all of the other issues but move. It's awful, and I try not to think about it because I get totally overwhelmed and stressed...which is not good for me!

So, sorry for the novel: The short answer is that I do have a doc, and she's willing to prescribe BHRT.. But I'm also willing to experiment!

I missed the opportunity to test Pregnenalone & Progesterone this cycle because my son was sick and then it was a Sunday... In the state where I live, you can order your own lab tests. I'm going to get my Pregnenalone & Progesterone tested on the first half of the cycle this month, which no doc has ever done for me. Then I'll see what it looks like the second part of the cycle with the other tests.

None of my issues are special. This forum is littered with similar stories. I LOVE reading the journals here, exploring the threads, and getting input from folks on the other side of better health like you, Caroline! The answer is here, and I know it, even if my compliance with the protocols is sometimes a C not an A. Thanks for listening. :)

caroline likes this.
  12. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Day 2 of no dairy. Let's see what happens to cravings..

Slept from 9:30 pm-3:30 am. Got out of bed at 4 am, watched the sunrise and ate breakfast, finished cleaning the house, prepped dinner, showered... Insomnia seems to have helped me with my to do list today. We have company coming tonight and a morning full of activities. I've been anxious about getting everything done. I feel significant pressure to present a good front to the folks coming to visit, which means my house must look perfect, the food must be good, a full bar must be offered, and I must be witty, entertaining, and attractive.

I've had a couple of negative social encounters this week, and I find that I'm ruminating about them. In general, I'm feeling very depressed and anxious, and I don't know the cause. Ruminating, obsessive negative thinking is a key sign that I'm falling into a depressive pattern. I haven't felt like this in a very long time.

I'm wondering if 5 HTP would help. Every now and again I take it if I'm feeling like I am this week. I'm not sure it helps--may be a placebo effect if it does.

Here's another possible explanation: low magnesium. Up until 3 weeks ago I was taking Mag glycinate or mag malate at night. I ran out and decided to start doing footbaths, only I'm not very consistent with them. I tend to get to them 2x a week. It's been very hot here the past week, and I'm starting to get foot cramps and muscle twinges.. Not to mention anxiety and obsessive negative thinking.

Around the same time that I ran out of magnesium, I also started doing a shot of ACV before every meal. My stools are suddenly as they should be--no longer loose or unformed, but perfect. Now, is it the ACV, dropping the oral mag, or both?

I started the ACV after getting back labwork showing my Iron Serum levels as low normal. Considering I eat ample red meat, that surprised me. My doc told me to get Floridex, which I dutifully did..But then I started to question why I would need to supplement with even more iron, when I already eat plenty iron laden foods. I happened upon a blog where the author talks about ACV in place of Betaine HCL to improve absorption right after and decided to give it a whirl. Some of the bloating I've experienced after meals is down since starting the regimen, as well as the above mentioned improvement in my stool. You are what you absorb!

caroline likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

NadoRo, Jun 3, 2016

[ quote="NadoRo, post: 195939, member: 14593"]Labwork results are in! (from Labcorp, drawn Day 19 of a 22 day cycle, last week)

Well, either Progesterone & Pregnenalone weren't on my doc's list, or the Labcorp tech screwed up. Either way, I don't have those numbers.
    Also Estradiol is not there. Then it does not matter what cycle day is.

VITAMIN D 25 HYDROXY 84.6 ng/ml
    I plan to keep supplementing at 5,000 iu daily plus UVB exposure. Will retest mid August.

Remember, the goal is:
    250 nmol/L = 100.16 ng/mL
    but
    you should not use supplemental vit D (that is different chemical then the one you actually want)

if you do not have enough sun
    get Sperti lamp

WORK IN PROGRESS:

BUN/CREATININE RATIO: 19 (19-23)

SERUM SODIUM: 136 mmol/L (134-144)
    I eat Real Salt at least twice a day, on top of salting my food with it. This is classic end stage Adrenal Fatigue.. I have low blood pressure, feel like my RO water goes right through no matter what..always in the bathroom. What can I do to get this number up?
    Try Florinef. Easy on it, work with doc closely.

DHEA-s: 196.8 ug/dl (57.3-279.2)
    Supplementing sublingual tablets 100mg DHEA in the AM at breakfast for previous week or so.. Had been relying on 200-400 7 Keto prior to that.
    Consider this level of DHEAs as a stopping point,
    because you are complaining of high (but still not named) estrogens.

Long term DHEAs goal is still Women 275-400 μg/dL

ACTH, plasma: 14.0 pg/mL (7.2-63.3)
    I don't know much about this..

TSH: .170 LOW uIU/mL (.450-4.500)

T4, FREE: .92 ng/dL (.82-1.77)

T3, Free 2.1 pg/mL (2.0-4.4)
    Holding fast at low thyroid numbers despite being on 196 mg of Naturethroid (T3/T4 dessicated thyroid) daily!!

Reverse T3: 16.3 ng/dL (9.2-24.1)

Ratio FT3 to RT3: 12.9 BAD

So is this where my Naturethroid is going?

Thoughts on asking for Cytomel--T3 only or is my T4 too low to warrant that?
    My Thoughts;
    For starters.
    You should be supplementing with selenium and 50mg/day Lugol's (0.8cc/day)
    Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org) (1/day)
    1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

You should have
    Cortisol(7;30AM)=~20ug/dL
    Cortisol(noon)=~12ug/dL
    To be able to deal with thyroid hormones coming your way

That refers to pregnenolone-MLM project (and DHEAs adjustments)
    With that in place you will be able to deal with thyroid hormones better.
    Nature-Thyroid 1grain=65mcg you are taking 196mcg/day that is 3 grains/day
    T3 is 4x stronger that T4
    1Grain=(38-T4)+(9-T3)
    T3=4(T4)
    1 Grain=74(T4) or 18.5(T3)
    2Grains=148(T4) or 37(T3)
    3Grains=222(T4) or 55(T3)
    4Grains=296(T4) or 74(T3)

You are currently taking 3 grains

equivalent of that would be 55mcg(T3)=55mcg-Cytomel
    Problem is:
    Now, with your low cortisol,
    your body have a tool to fight off T4 by converting it to RT3
    The FreeT3 that you already have is not fully functional
    because it is mostly outside the cells.
    If you increase FreeT3 by using Cytomel
    your numbers will look better, but you will not feel better.
    But
    at that stage if you would suddenly increase your freeCortisol
    you
    may get thyroid storm (high pulse, high temp, high blood pressure)
    that will last until you cortisol/Ft3 get into balance, (2-3 days was case in my hack)
    unpleasant, possibly dangerous, unnecessary, I am trying to save you from that experience
    so
    you should follow the logic
    cortisol first
    thyroid FreeT3 second
    after
    you have good cortisol, and still low FreeT3
    you may switch from Nature-Thyroid to Cytomel.
    Preferably--> partially
    Preferably aiming at TSH~(0.5-2.0) which is higher than current TSH: .170
    It means, that currently you are likely taking too much thyroid hormones.

[​IMG]
    Here's a quote from JK I lifted during my extensive blog/thread readings. This sounds a lot like what's going on with me..and I think he's referring to Colleen Coble's experience with T3 only dosing at the end:

@Jane Regarding your NP action with your salivary cortisol level testing email: Stress response to your thyroid is huge and very misunderstood by many. Chronic physiologic, mental, or emotional stress results in decreased deiodinase 1 (D1) activity and an increase in D3 activity. This causes decreasing thyroid activity by converting T4 directly into reverse T3 instead of T3. Conversely, deiodinase 2 (D2) is stimulated, which results in increased T4 to T3 conversion in the pituitary only and results in reduced production of TSH!!! So when I see somebody with a lower TSH and other crazy hormone panels I know cortisol is raised somewhere and is causing the mixed signal from the activation of the D2. The increased cortisol levels seen with any stress also contribute to physiologic disconnect between the TSH and peripheral tissue T3 levels. This reduces intracellular T3 which is a cofactor in making all the peripheral hormones from LDL cholesterol. So when someone is stressed with a higher cortisol we a higher LDL and lower HDL and low hormone conversion. The easiest one to measure is Vitamin D and DHEA. I also use ferritin, HS CRP as proxies for cortisol too. This stress induced reduced tissue T3 level and increased reverse T3 results in tissue hypothyroidism and potential weight gain, low energy with fatigue (Fibromyalgia), and depression. This vicious cycle of weight gain, fatigue, and depression that is associated with stress can be prevented with supplementation with timed-released T3. We have a lady over at MDA who struggled for 15 yrs before her docs got her right. If you know the biochemistry and apply it well you can help people.

----

Seeing my doc today with these lab results. Curious to hear what she has to say.[ /quote][ /quote]

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

[ quote="NadoRo, post: 197020, member: 14593"]
    Back to the DHEA-estrogen conversion issue...I can stop taking the higher dose and reduce the estrogen OR I can tough it out and get my DHEA & Pregnenalone levels up. I've doubled my DIM intake and have also added Indole-3 to help manage the estrogen. I'm toughing it out (and turning down the thermostat when DH travels).
    [/quote]

[ quote="NadoRo, post: 197020, member: 14593"]he sweetened greek yogurt, and down I go.

I'm on my SECOND functional doc. My first refused to do more than the bare minimim to work on my hormone levels. She was convinced that if I just found the one inflammatory food that was holding me back, then I'd suddenly look like a 25 year old in my bloodwork. I finally found a very good one this spring, 5 miles from house. I LOVE her.

Here's the thing about my new doc: Because of my very low cortisol levels, she wanted me to try Cortef at low doses. I asked on the site about using Cortef on the Leptin Reset and Jack himself said NOT too. So I'm not. I don't know that she's happy with me for that decision...but I'm paying her and I'm the customer.

My doc has also prescribed compounded progesterone and testosterone--all have been low for years. My insurance insisted that I replace the compounded progesterone with Prometrium. They will pay for the Prometrium, and not at all for the specialty compounded progesterone. So, I switched.

I started taking a much higher dose of Pregnenalone (600 mg) and DHEA (sublingual, 100 mg) when JanSZ chimed in on my journal entries to share his story about righting low cortisol levels and bad hormones.

After reading much of what JK has written about hormones and cortisol, JanSz' advice makes a lot of sense to me. I'm willing to give his hormone "protocol" 6 months, with the Leptin Rx way of eating, to see what happens. I feel like if I don't, I'll never get my cortisol up without the Cortef.
    ------

I missed the opportunity to test Pregnenalone & Progesterone this cycle because my son was sick and then it was a Sunday... In the state where I live, you can order your own lab tests. I'm going to get my Pregnenalone & Progesterone tested on the first half of the cycle this month, which no doc has ever done for me. Then I'll see what it looks like the second part of the cycle with the other tests.

Thanks for listening. :)[/quote]
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Reminder:
    Goal of Pregnenolone MLM supplementation
    is to raise Cortisol,serum(7;30AM) to high (normal) level
    One also wants to have noon Cortisol,serum(7;30AM) at high (normal)
    therefore
    supplementing with Cortef makes no sense.
    Since you have given your self limit of 6 months before you give and go for Cortef,
    I suggest that you do frequent tests of cortisol. Regardless of your cycle, and ramp preg-MLM dose accordingly.
    You are at the beginning of using preg-MLM. Your buckets with (preg, prog & cortisol) are empty.
    I had to take 900mg/wakeup to get my good cortisol.
    You are woman, likely need more than man, you are taking 600mg/day.

New information.
    Since you are complaining of high estrogens and taking DIM and I3C to manage it,
    Change your approach DHEAs.
    Currently goal for DHEAs =Women 275-400 μg/dL
    DHEAs converts to E1 and E2 as follows

DHEAs-->DHEA-->Androstenedione--(Aromatase)->E1<---->E2

there is also
    Testosterone--(Aromatase)-->E2

Until you get Cortisol(7;30AM)=~20ug/dL
    and Cortisol(noon)=~12ug/dL

make your DHEAs goal lower, say (200-275)
    eventually
    when you get better progesterone levels, that progesterone will take some control over estrogens, and you may re-visit higer DHEAs.
    Note
    DIM may affect conversion on E1 toward E3
    if that is your problem, concentrate on cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, that is where the DIM & I3C comes from.
    It would be better to deal with actual tests of estrogens rather than general complains of high estrogens.

You have to figure out which hormones are high.
    E1 & E2 should respond to aromatase inhibitors or killers.
    Arimidex is AI (inhibitor)

-------------------------------------
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
    post 224#
    severe postpartum depression after both deliveries
    DH has the strongest libido of any man I know (unfortunately! ha, ha!).
    I, on the other hand, have almost zero libido

likely low oxtocin
    oxytocin, it helps to have friendly sex, just friendly atmosphere helps,
    try supplementing oxytocin
    hostility bad thoughts kill oxytocin

caroline--> JK said "I don't care if you don't want to - just do it".
    Get a BOB and do it twice a day ... and access the pharmacy in your brain.
    ============================================

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

15. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

[ quote="NadoRo, post: 197020, member: 14593"]he sweetened greek yogurt, and down I go.

------

Reminder:
    therefore
    Since you have given your self limit of 6 months before you give and go for Cortef,
    I suggest that you do frequent tests of cortisol. Regardless of your cycle, and ramp preg-MLM dose accordingly.
    You are at the beginning of using preg-MLM. Your buckets with (preg, prog & cortisol) are empty.

New information.
    Since you are complaining of high estrogens and taking DIM and I3C to manage it,

there is also

eventually
    when you get better progesterone levels, that progesterone will take some control over estrogens, and you may re-visit higer DHEAs.
    Note
    if that is your problem, concentrate on cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, that is where the DIM & I3C comes from.
    It would be better to deal with actual tests of estrogens rather than general complains of high estrogens.

post 224#

likely low oxtocin

============================================[/quote]
    THANK YOU!!

So much good stuff here, I know. Gotta take a couple of days to read your comments..having a hard time focusing and thinking because I'm so tired.

I'm really struggling right now with the lack of sleep and hormone swings. I've been pushing the DHEA to see some sleep improvement, but things are getting worse. I don't think I've had a decent night's sleep in over a week. My mood is volatile, I'm yelling at my kids, the headaches are coming back, BAB is a struggle because I'm so exhausted when I get up. To make matters worse, our AC just died and who knows when the landlord will rustle up someone to get out to fix it..It's in the 90s all week.

I'll keep on keeping on because it's all I can do, but everything seems to be falling apart for me right now instead of coming together. I am very tired of being very tired.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

sending you a big aussie hug xo

NadoRo likes this.
  17. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Thank you, Caroline!!

Does anyone have thoughts on the longer light cycles and how they affect sleep? It isn't dark until 9:30 pm now, and the sky begins to lighten at 3:30 am.. I put on my red blue-blockers as soon as the sun goes down, but I'm finding I suddenly can't fall asleep until 11:30 pm or later. Then, if I can stay asleep, I'm waking up at 3:30 pm just as the dawn breaks. I usually give up and get out of bed at 5:15 am or so. Because I'm so exhausted, my BAB timing is slipping. I still do well with morning light exposure..and the no snacking rule (except for one bad PMS day).

I wear a sleep mask, but it always slips off because I'm a side sleeper. I have yet to find a decent sleep mask that stays on all night.

My bedroom is as dark as I can make it, but DH is easily disoriented at night and I can't make it as dark as I would like.

I am still waking multiple times a night to use the bathroom. I keep forgetting to eat salt before bed to see if that helps this. The waking to urinate is disruptive if I'm actually sleeping.

My sleep, while not perfect or consistent is better in the winter when it is colder and darker longer.

Wondering if there is a thread here on how folks improved their sleep..

Consistently good sleep is what I need and it is what I must have to get better, but I am not seeing improvements. This is extremely frustrating.

My skin is soft and lines on my chest are less. I'm down to 151 pounds from 167 last fall. My nails are hard and grow like weeds. I mostly have no cravings except the week before my period. If I slept better, I'll bet my appetite would get in line at that time of the month too. If I slept, my libido would improve. If I slept, my body comp would improve. My insomnia is preventing the big changes from happening. I am at a loss as to what else to do.

I guess since I'm not sleeping anyway and my mood is haywire, I might as well jump into the CT and carry on with it regardless of detox issues.

I don't wear blue blockers while on the computer during the day because I'm not in an office. Wondering if I should. Maybe I'm extra sensitive?

Feeling "under the gun" to improve sleep this summer before the long CO winter hits. After seeing my hormone panel crash last winter, I am very worried about falling into another hole.

We have a lot of travel coming up in July, where I will have little control over my food choices.. at least for some of the trips. I need a night of sleep so I can strategize about how to handle this without totally going off the rails. I had hoped that by now I'd be farther along in the reset to allow some flexibility. With everything I'm doing to improve my hormones and thyroid, I just can't understand why this is taking so long.

Time to go back and re-read JanSZ's comments and see what I can process and put into action. My thinking is fuzzy right now. I was an honors student at a top 20 university. Now I can barely put together a meal plan! It's really upsetting to me.

18. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

------

Reminder:
    therefore

New information.

there is also

eventually
    Note

post 224#

likely low oxtocin

============================================[/quote]
    JanSZ-- I'm wondering how often you tested your cortisol when you were experimenting with finding the right pregnenalone dose? Was it monthly? Quarterly? The Nutricology tablets are very expensive, which is what has limited me from going higher in my dose.. 9 a day, and I'm going to need about $150-200 worth of the MRM Pregnenalone to get me there. That's daunting. Plus the lab tests. Yikes.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This thread is so off the road to optimal it is not funny.......
    Ask not what evolutionary biology can do for you. Ask what you can do for to live within nature
    That is what I do here. I get you thinking deeper to help you solve nature’s complex problems for yourself not using short cuts.

Sunlight draws us. Artificial draws current from us. Don't go where you are tolerated; go where you are celebrated.

Low quantum yield means not enough sunlight. The sun is the most sophisticated information delivery service in existence.........and you all need its messages to your eye and brain to teach you fundamentally what to do. When you listen to the messages your life becomes simple. You become like the hippo and don't have to be told what to eat of do because you already know.

caroline likes this.
  20. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I think by even being on this site, let alone posting, that I'm trying to improve my health without short cuts. I really mean this, and I do not mean to be rude in my tone. I am at a total loss for what to do and very overwhelmed. I see the basic truth in what you put up here, but it's like drinking from a fire hose, especially with a fatigued brain.

If I were optimal already, why would I even be doing the leptin rx or posting here? I could post only my wins, but that would be lying. I could post only when I do CT or eat seafood..but that isn't an accurate picture of my reality nor is it an accurate picture for anyone else trying to learn from my experience.

I have a doc who is willing to push the BHRT but the advice I get on this site is to stop it, despite all I've (thought I) read in your blogs about the importance of support to move along faster.

I am outside as much as I possibly can be. I do have young children at home, a son with a challenging medical condition, and a home to maintain, meals to prepare, shopping to do, and a spouse who expects me to spend time with him too. I can't just sit outside all day with my shoes off. And, frankly, neither can anyone else posting here except maybe a handful of retirees.

If nothing else, I understand the importance of sunlight..even if I'm too fatigued to decipher the quantum physics on this blog. I don't wear sunglasses. I don't wear sun block. I have fair skin. I have pushed the sun exposure as much as I can this summer.

This site is overwhelming. I think I read actionable information, and then I'm told not to do it.. like the Cortef. If I'm not a candidate for it, then I don't know who is, and yet you reference its use in your Primal Cortisol Response blog. I read the Vitamin D blog and work on getting my vitamin D levels up through sun exposure and supplementation, but I'm told not to supplement, despite what I read in your blog.

This is very confusing. I just bought your book, and I'm reading offline to limit my blue light exposure and to try and gain a better understanding of your tenets to see where I'm going wrong.

I cannot change my location now. If that is the only variable that matters, then I will have to bow out for the next year, maybe take the short cuts my doc is offering me and accept that I will remain in mediocrity, until I can move.

I think since I don't have anything else to say beyond what I've said that I'm going to get offline for the rest of the day and take a break from beating myself up over not attaining perfection.

Doyourcycle likes this.