1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Myopia - partially reversed

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Sun-sybarite, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Tony has stopped the drops and gone back to the stuff his ophthalmologist gave him - the pressure in his eyes has dropped significantly in just 2 weeks. He has an appointment next week with her.
    Tony's optometrist retested yesterday.

3. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Oh thats good at least. Bit annoyed that I bought 4 boxes of the stuff before I left the UK. Really don't know what to do now..

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

They may work for us - with cataracts ....I am hoping anyway. I haven't got a better idea anyway ...except to never go near my computer again:(:(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  5. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

I know but how do you learn about the things on here without the computer?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think we have to be much more judicial with our use of time and prioritise ......I need to be much more efficient about how I do things.
    I don't go to FB anymore - unless some one sends me a message. I do miss reading about Jack's escapades ....but I will live without knowing what he is up to .... I miss the fun tho!

I go off on tangents when I am on my computer and time slips away. I am now setting time limits. You can keep looking things up and reading for ever it seems.

It all becomes a horrible and insidious habit which is hard to break........

I am trying....

Alex97232 likes this.
  7. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Yes agreed! And as for he phone well,...:)

caroline likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have never liked using a phone - strange eh?

Emma Sabin likes this.
  9. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi Rose, are you still using the drops? I'm reticent after reading about Caroline's issues with them.

10. Butters

Butters New Member

Did anyone actually improve eyesight with sunlight and blueblocking to near 20/20?

11. KalosKaiAgathos

KalosKaiAgathos New Member

Better rhythm = better eye health...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29721962

The Retinal Circadian Clock and Photoreceptor Viability.
    Circadian rhythms are present in most living organisms, and these rhythms are not just a consequence of the day/night fluctuation, but rather they are generated by endogenous biological clocks with a periodicity of about 24 h. In mammals, the master pacemaker of circadian rhythms is localized in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN) of the hypothalamus. The SCN controls circadian rhythms in peripheral organs. The retina also contains circadian clocks which regulate many aspects of retinal physiology, independently of the SCN. Emerging experimental evidence indicates that the retinal circadian clocks also affect ocular health, and a few studies have now demonstrated that disruption of retinal clocks may contribute to the development of retinal diseases. Our study indicates that in mice lacking the clock gene Bmal1, photoreceptor viability during aging is significantly reduced. Bmal1 knockout mice at 8-9 months of age have 20-30% less nuclei in the outer nuclear layer. No differences were observed in the other retinal layers. Our study suggests that the retinal circadian clock is an important modulator of photoreceptor health.

Credit: JA (to keep the individual partially anonymous)

Emma Sabin, Phosphene and Jack Kruse like this.
  12. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Melanie Proctor improved hers a lot after consult with Jack but don't know whether no glasses now. She had a long thread on forum here.

13. ToddC

ToddC New Member

I just joined the forum, and my first search was to see if anyone had a recommended company to purchase prescription eyeglasses (with NO UV protection) from. I assume this would be best for the glasses I wear for distance outdoor vision. I have used Zenni in the past, but all their lenses come with UVA/UVB protection. I can get glasses from them to block out blue light, but I can't get glasses that don't block UV. Thus, I go without glasses quite a bit when I'm outdoors (and I'm outdoors a lot, and indoors on the computer very little). I'm also in the EndMyopia Back to 20/20 program. So, I know I'm not helping reduce my diopters by seeing in a blur for a good portion of each day. I've been working on reducing my prescription glasses for the past 14 years. I've reduced each eye by 1.25 diopter. I wish I could figure out how to reduce even further. Right now, my 20/20 prescription is R -3.00/L -2.50.

Anyone know where to buy glasses with no UV protection?

Alex97232 likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You can get glass quartz lenses custom made to do this......glasses will cost you about 1500-2K

Alex97232 likes this.
  15. Penny

Penny New Member

What does that mean "I know I'm not helping my diopters by seeing in a blur for a good portion of each day?" I just take them off most of the day unless I'm reading on a computer - I have fantastic close vision though -

16. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi ToddC
    I'm also doing the Endmyopia course, although not very comprehensively tbh. Theres so much else to do! I took my diopters down 0.5 so at least I'm trying to strengthen my muscles and not be reliant on such strong lenses. Who knows if its working, but I'm guessing its better than using the stronger ones. I also know I'm not helping my eyes by seeing the blur so much, but I can't do everything.
    Well done you on reducing your prescription. What do you think that is from? I am focussing on the natural light on my eyes and blue light protection at night. Again I know this makes my vision trickier at night, I'm sure this is not the EM protocol, but I can't do it all and protecting from blue light is my Number 1.

I am unable to take the UV out of my glasses as I am -11.5 so no chance apparently at that strength. Good luck in finding some though. I'll let you know if I find any.

caroline and Jude like this.
  17. ToddC

ToddC New Member

This is the way I understand it:
    If all the eyes see is blur, they adapt to the blur eventually, and make it the new normal. This is called blur adaptation. If eyesight is overcorrected with 20/15 correction, or 20/20 correction in extended close-up situations (like computer work), then hyperopic defocus occurs, which means the eyeballs elongate to meet the new normal, and diopters increase. When we undercorrect our prescription so that distance vision is both a bit clear and a bit blurry (like 20/30 acuity), then this type of stimulus gives the brain a chance to make the image clearer. If we actively try to clear a slightly blurry image, we can (with practice) make it clear. When the new clarity starts to stick, and becomes the new normal, then we can reduce our diopters a little bit. The idea is to reduce .25 diopter at a time, mostly keeping our distance vision at the edge of clarity. Ourselves and our brain will get the stimulus it needs to always move towards clarity, instead of blur.
    I have a pair of glasses for distance vision, and a pair of glasses for close-up vision. The close-up prescription is reduced to where the text is at the edge of blur and clarity when I'm seated at an ergonomically comfortable position from the computer screen.
    I also spend time going without glasses at all, especially the first hour of the day. I awake at dawn and go outside to greet the rising sun. I don't want my glasses to interfere with the nourishing morning light, and it's also good for our brain to know how much blur remains. The rest of the day I just go with the flow. Sometimes I'm going without glasses, and sometimes I am. It depends on how I feel. It's a balancing act between getting the clarity we need to improve eyesight and getting the uninterrupted sunlight we need to nourish our bodies. Right now, I'm trying to get at least 2 hours of natural light exposure during the day without glasses.
    Hope this helps, Penny. If not, try going over to endmyopia.org. That should help for sure!

18. ToddC

ToddC New Member

Protecting from blue light is also my Number 1. In order to both improve eyesight and protect from blue light, I had to change my lifestyle a bit. I realized that I was doing lots of close-up after sunset. I would catch up on emails and read books mostly after dinner time. With protecting from blue light, we only use amber incandescant light bulbs or candle light at night. This dim lighting is not good for reading (especially when trying to improve eyesight), and computers are not good for protecting against blue light, flux or no flux. So, I don't read or do any computer work after sunset anymore. Dim lighting like candlelight is better for distance and peripheral vision. Daytime is for focusing on the fine details. My favorite evening activity is telling stories and singing songs around a campfire. My goal is to do more of that. As well as, star-gazing!
    The first eyeglass prescription we tend to have is from ciliary spasm, which is about -1.25 diopter prescription. After that, any increase in prescription is usually from hyperopic defocus. I think the improvements I have made are from correcting the initial ciliary spasm. Correcting the hyperopic defocus is where, I think, following Jake's advice at endmyopia.org is most helpful.

19. Penny

Penny New Member

I was doing the Bates method and he said the more dim light you read by, the better... ? But JK doesn't like reading by a red light and says if you do it chronically you can get a cataract - I think this is due to the flicker effect which speeds up ubiquitination in your eye - I think I have to kiss reading at night goodbye... every fake light flickers - I suppose even the UV lights flicker - even though they seem to make *tons* of serotonin -

Such a mine field we walk...:)

Alex97232 likes this.