1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Myopia and time of day

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Alyce Miles OD, Sep 16, 2019.

1. As an Optometrist I have a case of lenses that are in the phoropter (piece of equipment that is in eye doctors office to check your glasses RX)

I checked my prescription outside early in the AM 6:45am and later in 10:00 AM. Got two different refractions....

Early AM just at sunrise

Right eye -3.00-0.50 X150
    Left eye -3.00-0.50 X030

Later that morning around 10:00 am with UV present

Right eye -2.50-0.50 X150
    Left eye -2.50-0.50 X030

So....... the UV present influences myopia and I am sure this isn't unique to me. What happens when we get refracted in a BLUE LIT office with NO UV..... Can we get the right prescription??? And I was not aware that they eye can fluctuate by that much just by the time of day. I learned something.

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thx for bringing up the issue of visual acuity flux due to variable factors in environment.

I rarely wear glasses anymore for distance vision, but I certainly noticed fluctuations in visual acuity based on time of day, general health, and stress levels. Isn't that just common sense?

Dr Bates recommended sunning and palming, etc. the eyes to release stress in eye ciliary muscles to improve vision accomodation (BTW, the Bates method is still ridiculed by mainstream media and conventional eye doctors-- so that is hands down a solid vote in its favor!).

I can't help but wonder if prescription eyeglass wearers shouldn't be evaluated in eye doctor's office over a series of days/times to account for these confounding factors in determining overall average visual acuity.

Bob Stirling likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Diurnal changes in the eye are well known in Hollowich's time.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

With this light mitohack, you can see UV light has to penetrate the anterior chamber of the eye to alter refraction. This is something eye docs say is IMPOSSIBLE.

When we observe nature carefully we tend to learn something new.

Once you are certain that your beliefs are right and that the opponent is disingenuous or foolish, what you are doing is no longer science but advocacy. Science necessarily depends on self-doubt. Thus, to think scientifically, you must constantly try to seriously doubt yourself.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thank you. Great hack !

6. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

My vision fluctuates from day to day. I need to have an eye exam in the next few months... I would not be able to pass the test for my driver's license review coming up. I live and work in a low population areas although farther north, no nnEMF or very low numbers.

ElectricUniverse likes this.