1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Truck's Mitochondrial Rx

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Scompy, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I may possibly have the most expensive windshield wiper fluid on the planet. So what happened? Driving to 5,000 feet into the Cascade mountains, I ran out of windshield wiper fluid and could no longer see well enough to drive. In this area, there is all kinds of lava, slush and snow on the roads, but other cars are constantly spraying up grime onto my windshield. I was also driving around 3pm in the afternoon when the sun was going into my face.

In this part of the Cascades, there is no civilization for about an hour in each direction near a mountain top. So I pulled over and looked at what I had in my truck. About 30 minutes before, I had consumed my last bottle of water. But then I realized I had an extra bottle of DDW or Deuterium Depleted Water in my truck's compartment. That was all of the fluid I had, and there was no way I was going to pee into engine compartment.

Dilemma time: have my mitochondria facepalm at me or go collect a lot of snow to melt and figure out a way to strain the rocks. But in the dungeons of my mind, I realized DDW has a much lower freezing point compared to conventional water...what the heck, so I poured in my 500ml, $9-ish bottle of DDW into my fluid container and gave it a whirl. To my surprise, it worked extremely well and I could see again after clearing off the lava-grime mixture spray. My mitochondria are still angered from my decision, but I plan on some serious mytophagy and apoptosis later this week to quiet them down.

My empty bottle below...

DDW_Wow.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Inger, drezy and Antonis like this.
  2. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Silly guy! Great story! Your mitochondria will get over it when you get them a new bottle! I am shocked that you didn't pee in the windshield wiper bottle! Would that fluid have a lower freezing point? Haha

Scompy likes this.
  3. Scompy

Scompy Gold

That's would have been a whole different kind of spray. And I'm sure there are a few laws on the books against it anyway.

Cheryl. likes this.
  4. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Nine dollars well spent even if your mitochondria are jealous!

Scompy likes this.