1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My teenager saw the sunrise!!!!

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Coriander, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Coriander

Coriander Silver

This amuses me no end. My 13 year old daughter will stay in bed until lunchtime, any day she can. We've just finished the first week of a two week school break, and normally she would have wasted every single morning. That's with going to bed at 9 - 9.30. I deliberately have no curtains on her window, and the sun rises and shines right on her bed.

She wanted a pair of blue blocker glasses because 'they look cool' and has been wearing them every evening from sunset, for four nights now. Still going to bed at the same time, and getting up around 10.

This morning, she appeared at 8.30. Unheard of.

"I didn't know what was going on. I woke up, and the sky was pink! It was weird, and changed colours and stuff. Then I realised I was watching the sun rise. What's up with that?!"

She tried to go back to sleep, but with birds chirping and sunlight streaming in, she just had to get up. And has been in a great mood ever since! Magic.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice.......

3. What a great story! Thanks for making my evening.

4. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Cool story - love the description of her epiphany that she was watching a sunrise. I was kinda looking forward to my son sleeping in when he's a teen, but I can look forward to other things now, like sharing a sunrise with him!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?n150cm

5. texasmom4

texasmom4 New Member

That's so cool, Coriander! My four have been sleeping later and later, and I've been letting them since we homeschool and can start whenever we want. I'm going to order more glasses from Amazon right now and initiate a science experiment in my house, tracking sleep time and quality. (Too bad we JUST MISSED the science fair!)

6. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Ooops, she did it again! I love this! And we had a huge storm last night that dislodged some roofing. Dh and I were out repairing it at 11pm, and of course she was still awake. Even so, she saw the sunrise again this morning. And still in such a great mood!

Dr Kruse, you have made so many fantastic differences in my family's life. A simple 'thankyou' seems so inadequate; but thankyou anyway.

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Looks like even the kids can recognize the benefits of resetting leptin.

I wish I knew, decades ago, the things I know now.

Don't we all.. :)

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, science experiment! What a great idea! It could be decorated with great sunrise pics.

9. BenG

BenG New Member

I had DPSD (Delayed Phase Sleep Disorder/Syndrome). I use to find it impossible to fall asleep until 2-4am and I would sleep in until 11am-1pm. The Leptin Reset fixed that for me within a very short time. (Thanks Dr. K!).