1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My tallest hurdle, reconnecting with family

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dave Key, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

A few days after arriving in Mexico I had days of feeling better than ever. After 10 days here mother's day rolled around again. It had been 4 years since we spoke, and I wanted to end the silence, the grudge, the negativity that goes with it all. I was finally feeling well enough to deal with whatever came of it.
    I didn't know whát to say so I texted Happy Mother's day and we've been chatting almost every day since. Best of all, she's my latest mitochondriac in training. She has been the easiest to speak with because I don't have to dumb it down. She took biochemistry and microbiology in med school (LSUS), used to teach microbiology lab to med students, and minored in immunology.
    She was interested in learning more so I just sent copies of EpiPaleo Rx and Becker's Body Electric for her to read on...and I can't wait to hear her reaction.

Just like that, years of bitterness washed away!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Dave that's an excellent story. I'm glad you reconnected.

Thanks for writing it here. It really brightened up my day.

Dave Key likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

This shows us that things are never black or white .....we sometimes need compassion and forgiveness and an open heart.

We all see things so differently ......

Alex97232 and Dave Key like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We get what we deserve from our choices. It is high time most of you realize it is not about survival of the fittest as the food and exercise gurus have told us. We do not bury our mitochondrial density in our muscles and skeleton as humans. We do it in our brains and hearts. When you realize this the best way to thrive in a 5G world is via your choices that support your ability to think well. Survival of the wisest > survival of the fittest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7IHOXkiV8

5. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Right on drezy!

6. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

It's amazing what you get when you give first.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  7. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

That song is pretty deep...hits home

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

giving first doesn't cost much .....just a little humility

Alex97232, Jude and Dave Key like this.
  9. Karen & Glen C.

Karen & Glen C. New Member

Certainly make you feel good for a long time.

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Awesome :) :) :)

11. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

For all that time I carried around the bad memory of where we left off, and it poisoned me with negativity. It was only keeping me from completely healing in mind body, spirit.
    Now, I just reflect on the positive reunion and the change in emotional frequency as a result.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

everyone deserves a second chance ...and maybe even a third chance - but there sure are mitigating circumstances. Everyone sees things so differently.

Dave Key and Alex97232 like this.
  13. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Here's the kicker: when you feel stepped on in a situation and when you finally experience the same situation again except you're in the other person's shoes, that's when forgiveness kicks in and it becomes necessary to reconcile.

caroline likes this.