1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Story at 1 year

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ColdBren, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Found Dr. K about a year ago broken physically and emotionally. I had just finished getting back surgery (at age 37) and had very weak muscles and and a fragile back. After being on benzos and ssri meds for 20 years for night time panic attacks, I was an emotional mess trying to be free from all the meds. I had a 1 year old at the time and needless to say had little sleep. Started reading Dr. Kruse's blog (with great difficulty) and was amazed at some of the claims. I realized I definitely had leptin issues and started his protocol. Within days, I lost my lifelong binge impulse. As long as I followed the plan, I could manage my diet. I wasn't really losing weight, but my body was changing and that validated it for me. My labs kept getting better. I started CT and my back pain was nearly gone! It also got stronger, without any training. I was very athletic most of my life and for 3 years, I was unable to even get to a jog. Post CT, I was doing cartwheels with my daughter, running, SPRINTING, playing on rope swings and doing leaps in the air. My sleep also got better around the time I started CT. But, the blue light blocking glasses also calmed me down and helped me go to sleep. I spent months doing the leptin Rx (not perfectly, fell off many times) but as time went on, weight became easier to lose. I went from a high of 150 to 134 pounds within this year. My body composition is better than before when I was this weight. I am so happy to be in the California sun now all the time and the coconut oil has made my skin better than I have seen it. My daughter who is extremely naturally white and I have been to the beach many times in the past few weeks. The sun has been strong! I haven't put one spray of sunscreen on her or me. We haven't even become red, absolutely no burn. This site has been life changing for me, with Dr Kruse'e insights, but also with the insights of the community here. The people in the forum have helped me just as much and I am so thankful for that. Thanks Dr. Kruse and wishing everyone the best! My next task is to tackle BIHT, hope to update on that too.

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Success for sure!;) I am so happy for you and your daughter. She will have a much better life now that mommy is getting better. I love reading these stories. Just when things get worse, a great pick me up to keep me going. Please keep sharing...

3. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Thank you!

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Glad to hear of your strengthened back, Coldbren. It's just amazing.

Your daughter is one lucky girl to be able to take advantage of all this so early.

5. freesia

freesia Old Member

Congratulations on one year of improvements.......look at that list!!! :D

Body comp changes and increased fitness have been my big benefits from CT too. I just went through a whole winter feeling great (quite a novelty for me!) ...so I wish the same for you in the months ahead. Will you continiue on with the CT?

Another question...Did you manage to get off the benzos or is that a work in progress? I'm asking because I know that can be a real Biggie and I have a couple of friends who struggle!

Congrats again ColdBren and thanks for sharing your progress :)

6. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Thanks! Freesia- yes I did get off everything completely, have been off for about a year. However recently my daughter has developed very troublesome tics and I am in a chronic state of stress over it. I took a benzo twice in the past week. Am really trying to be careful and dont want to get caught in that addiction again, but the stress of trying to figure out what is going on with my little girl is huge right now.

7. Thank you for sharing your story. I am always so inspired by the success of others. Good luck with your daughter. Keep looking and you will find the answer....it's out there somewhere. Could it be environmentally related: pesticides, chemicals of some kind?

8. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

My current theory (maybe even hope) is that yeast is the problem. She definitely has too much. I started her on nystatin and she is having horrendous die-off and increase of all her symptoms. I gave her a breathalyzer test and my 7 year old daughter blew a .01! This confirms yeast to me. Now, I am just hoping this is what is causing these awful symptoms, she throws her head forward many times throughout the day and is having extreme anxiety.

9. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Good for you, Coldbren and inspiring!

10. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

What great news, Bren, and such amazing progress. You'll definitely tackle your next hurdles. Well done you! Thanks for sharing. Lauren

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

awesome Coldbren.. great success!

12. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

It's going to be great as more people hit their one year anniversaries with Dr k. and the leptin rx. Mine is coming up and I can't say enough. Actually I say enough. I drive people around me crazy, but no one can argue with the body comp results. After almost a year hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't comment on how good I look. I also have not touched sunblock for two summers and I don't burn at all. Carry on. Great news about your daughter. She will get all straightened out and have a long healthy life. What a gift!

13. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Thank you so much everyone!!

14. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Glad you stuck around. Good job and thanks for posting. I have no doubt you will reach your goal of 125 this year.

Take care,

Tim

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is a great progress, ColdBren! I wish you a continuous success on your journey of health ....

16. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Thank you so much Destiny and Tim-thanks for the extra support when I needed it this summer!!

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That's what this community does so brilliantly - supporting when it's needed.

18. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Yay for you guys! It really does cheer a person up to hear good things. Thanks for sharing! Everyone teaches me something on this forum.

19. Mery

Mery Silver

I'm so happy for you and your dauthger hope she gets better soon. My husband and I did sunbathing this summer and we did not get sunburn it was nice.