1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Smartphone Gave Me Hemorrhoids!

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Christopher, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

To be fair, I must admit that it is not uncommon for me to have a hemorrhoid problem in the Winter time. I face a lot of stress at work around Christmas (retail), and I now realize was is the time of year that I was farthest of from circadian timing. Now the difference is that normally when my hemorrhoids would get inflamed, it would be for only about 7-10 days, then it would go away. Well this year my hemorrhoids were inflamed for probably around 6 weeks straight, with varying intensity. This was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I was especially shocked because I was eating Epi-paleo and doing the Leptin Rx and avoiding artificial light after sunset as much as possible (I often had to work til 9pm but would wear yellow glasses). I figured what I was doing should be lowering inflammation and should prevent a hemorrhoid problem.

I was very frustrated with this problem, and was beginning to think my diet was to blame. Ever since I started eating paleo (July last year) I had been often constipated with occasional bouts of diarrhea. I started squatting while having a bm thinking that would help, but to no avail. I was thinking of giving up, but then miraculously the hemorrhoids went away. I didn't know why at the time, but man, it was a relief.

Now here's what I think happened. I know correlation is not the same as causation, but the coincidence was too obvious for me to ignore after reading the EMF blogs.

This past November, black Friday to be exact, I became a first time owner of an Android smartphone. Previous to this I had a Nextel flip phone that was kind of embarrassing to use, so I didn't use it much and didn't keep it in my pocket much either. But, I was very proud of this new Android phone and kept it in my pocket all the time. I even re-arranged my pockets so I could comfortably keep it in my pocket while working on cars. You know, just in case I needed the flashlight app or something.

At first, I would keep the wi-fi on so I could get FB, email, and weather updates often. But I started to become frustrated with the battery life. I mean this was a new phone, and it needed charging more than my old Nextel, lol. So I started turning off things to save battery. I kept turning off the wi-fi, but every time I looked at the phone, the stupid wi-fi was back on. I messed around with battery saver apps for a while, but the wi-fi was always turning itself on. After several weeks, I figured out how to keep the wifi off, I also figured out how to turn off the 3G (mobile data). So as an experiment I turned both off to see how long the battery would go. And since I wasn't using any internet apps on the phone, I din't really see a need to keep it in my pocket anymore. The result of that experiment was that the battery only needed to be charged once a week instead of the at least once a day it previously required. I've always been a sucker for efficiency so I never turned the wi-fi or mobile data back on.

This experiment correlated exactly with the time that my hemorrhoids cleared up. It was also around that time that I was reading the EMF blogs. I remember it was in the shower one morning that I put it all together. You should have seen me after that shower, running around turning off wi-fi, putting phones on airplane mode, etc. lol. But since then, I thankfully have not had any hemorrhoid issues. I have had some constipation and straining since then that I thought would for sure cause the old roids to flair up, but to this day it hasn't happened.

I got rid of that phone shortly after all this and now went to a pay-as-you-go flip phone that I will only turn on in an emergency. I disabled all wi-fi devices in my home, and got rid of my cordless phones and went to wired. Also somewhere in the middle of this whole ordeal, I got rid of my flat screen television and sound bar that had a wireless subwoofer and had switched my computer to a wired connection for unrelated reasons.

Was it all a coincidence? I will never put a wireless device in my pocket again, so the world may never know. I would rather error on the side of caution in this case.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Christopher, thank you so much for sharing this.
    This shows what Jack means when he says, food does not matter when EMFs are high. He got a lot of folks attacking him for saying that. But here you go.. it does not help to eat the healthiest food if under constant EMF flow.
    I absolutely believe it is the smart phone causing your hemorrhoids to act up. I have wired internet and computer and they have quite a little EMFs but still I feel not good when using it too much. I feel the difference so big, sitting in front of the screen in comparison to in front of the sun. Wow. It really stunned me as I one morning went from staring at the computer screen to looking into the sunrise. The difference really hit me hard.... and I started to realize what that does to our biology.... and I was so glad Jack has finally got some rest from it, at least partially. I so understand him.. he has really deserved it, he if any.

I am so glad you are on the Forum Christopher. You and your dear wife. So beautiful you do this together, so inspiring! :)

3. agatha

agatha New Member

Crazy and fascinating stories. Thanks both for sharing. it will be interesting to see what happens going forward for both of you.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Great testimony, and excellent observation about working environments..

So I have a question - I'm not a *Neat* person - I actually am quite good at ignoring clutter/messes. But I have noticed more of a desire to keep things tidy - also my urge to purge (which usually only hits one or 2x/year) has been constant since I started focusing on limiting EMF... This weekend I cleaned and painted one wall in the kitchen and the hallway upstairs... I also continued to work on my garden in the front of the house... I'm not sure if what's going on is the result of mitigating EMF, entering the PPP and staying there... or a combination of the both... I also read 4 books this weekend...

Suddenly I'm able to do things that I never would have had the time for... is this because I'm now aware of what I'm capable of... or is it I'm now aware of what's been limiting my possibilities??? regardless... I was thrilled to realize that I only got online once yesterday morning.... there's freedom from not getting on the computer....

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thank you, both Christopher and Ivan, for this information. Sure wish DH could get rid of his work Android phone. Christopher, how did you finally get the wireless and 3G part turned off?

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Gretchan...I could be an echo of you here...I've got spring fever clean up in the biggest kind of way, except now it is EMF clean up. We're getting our electric lines buried and shielded soon, we're moving bedrooms around to suit each persons needs for dark and low emf exposure. We're rerroofing our house with standing seam metal and getting all our various ages of wiring checked and sorted out for emf. PLUS I'm painting and wallpapering, grounding like crazy and soaking up the spring sun and the tanning bed energy.

Still have to look at fixing my car...it's really bad and I have known for awhile that driving makes me exhausted more than it should.

The other times in my life that I've had this kind of energy is when I've been out in the sun a lot...I sense that this is all about real gains in mitochondrial efficiency and the possibility of not being dehydrated...I still am struggling with that, but I know it can takes months of work to really be able to utilize water well.

So our outer environments and our inner environments are starting to improve together!

Christopher and Alex....great detection and observation work. It's great when we can take the seemingly randomness of our health into a realm of comprehension and action.

7. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I had to go somewhere in the settings menu and un-check the box for wireless network optimizer. That stopped the wifi from turning itself on. Then I unchecked the box for enable mobile data to disable the 3G.

I also noticed when I was using the phone as a GPS in the car (3G had to be on for GPS to work), I would become fatigued and irritable after just a short time of driving. I remember one day getting home feeling just wiped out after hours of driving with the GPS and 3G on. I was experimenting with earthing at the time and tried to earth with a wire plugged into the electrical outlet ground. That did nothing to improve my energy. I then took a 20 minute nap, also no improvement. Then I drank a couple glasses of water. Within 10 minutes of drinking the water, I felt much better. It wasn't even good water, just plain old tap water (flouridated as far as I know). Needless to say, I drink 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of spring water daily now. Since then, I noticed that I don't feel fatigued after driving, with the phone off or in airplane mode.

8. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

Or you have an adrenal issue. You mentioned your hemmorhoids show up when you're under stress. Here is a snippet from a wonderful article about the Adrenal Glands that mentions the connection between adrenals and hemmorhoids:

"Hemmorhoids are another problem which is associated with blood pooling in the abdomen. A hemorrhoid is a vein which has pushed its way (or been pushed) to bulge outside the anal sphincter. The anal sphincter then becomes very tight, and the hemorrhoid, with the pressure of the abdominal and pelvic blood above it, and gravity pulling from below it, cannot get back inside the rectum. Treatment of hemorrhoids must be directed at two areas. First, the hemorrhoids must be treated locally, and second, the source of intra-abdominal and intra-pelvic pooling of blood must be corrected.

Most commonly, the cause of the blood pooling in the abdomen and pelvis is from hypoadrenia. But severe liver congestion can also cause portal hypertension and result in hemorrhoids. You must differentiate between liver and adrenal problems as the underlying cause of the hemorrhoids. For this reason, whenever a person complains of hemorrhoids, one of the first things to be done is listen to the heart. The person does not understand this, but you are listening for the relative loudness of the second sounds at the pulmonic valve area (for the adrenals) and the tricuspid valve area (for the liver).

In treating hemorrhoids locally, it is necessary to recognize that the hemorrhoidal veins can not get themselves back inside the rectum, due to the tightness of the anal sphincter. In order to treat the hemorrhoids successfully, the anal sphincter must be dilated. This is done by putting on a glove (not a finger cot) and, using a lubricant, inserting your index finger into the rectum. Stretch the anal sphincter with the index finger. Then insert the first two fingers and stretch the sphincter. Then insert three fingers and insert them slowly about as fat as they will reach. Finally (if the person is still on the table) insert all four fingers, stretching the sphincter up to the point which the size of the patient will tolerate.

This is a difficult procedure for the patient, but there will be an immediate and dramatic reduction in the extent of the hemorrhoids protruding through the anus. If done correctly, this procedure may only have to be performed once. Then again, you may only get one chance! Occasionally it is necessary to repeat the sphincter dilation once or twice in the future."

http://www.tuberose.com/Adrenal_Glands.html

I'm just sayin' that people have had hemmorhoids a lot longer than we've had Smart Phones.

9. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

True dat--especially by repeatedly wiping your butt with it.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bingo Alex!!!

How do you handle stress? Do you use stress or does stress use you? It is a natural condition of existence for us. The dose and our reaction to it, however, is where people either adapt well to it or fall apart. You are not your circumstances or your perceptions. Your attitude determines how you manage this randomness in life. Stress is when demands exceed resources. When this balance is off long term in your life you pay a biologic toll. Today begin to realize, if there's too much of it and it's not properly managed, it becomes DISTRESS. Stress is an adaptive outcome. Stress is a compilation of choices. Begin to learn to make decision that choose peace in your life today.

11. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I think there's an app for that??!?

12. Inger

Inger Silver

Loved this.. so true!

13. Jude

Jude Gold

Perhaps ..........that is ... over simplifying..... it.... Anna K ? but for those with chronic dehydration it certainly could be a possibility could it not? So many folk I know of who always make sure to include specific foodstuffs in their diet 'to protect themselves', if you get what I mean.(Smiley)

14. BobBrooks

BobBrooks New Member

Sorry to hear this.. Yes it is very rare problem in winters and I do have similar minute problem in summers... Hope you get well soon

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013