1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Quest To Be Better Than The Rest

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Alex Fergus, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

[/quote]

I primarily eat:
    - Sardines (wild)
    - Salmon (wild)
    - Oysters (Sydney)
    - Free range beef and lamb
    - Olive oil
    - Coconut oil
    - Some butter (grassfed)
    - Macadamia nuts

That would easily make up 80 if not 90% of my fat intake.
    I may track my data in nutrtiondata or some other app to see exactly what my numbers are and where these higher levels are coming from.

Ok I'l start saving for the USA tests. It's a shame I can't get them done here in Aus.

Regarding drastic change:
    - Just spend 3 hours in midday sun here in Sydney. I usually get out for an hour a day around midday, I will up this. Moving to NZ will mean I can be outdoors a lot more, and can wear minimal clothing as I will be living in a remote area (at the moment I live in a dense city)
    nnEMF - thats a big reason why we are moving. New destination doesn't even have cell reception :)
    Diet - I will play around with this
    - Test/thryoid supp - I will leave this for a while. I really don't want to do this

2. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Stress is low from a training point, I do 2x 20minute intense sessions a week, the rest is walking.
    But I think my work stress may be high. Hence why I'm moving to NZ. - destress
    nnEMF is a big problem where I live. 7 weeks until the move.

I have donated blood to drop ferritin in the past, every 12 months etc, but it keeps going back up.

Thanks again

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You said:
    I have donated blood to drop ferritin in the past, every 12 months etc, but it keeps going back up.
    ---
    I am guessing that low testosterone may be saving you.
    You are possibly toying with polycythemia.
    Why do not you check EPO erhytropoietin
    if it is low you do have it.

It would be a good idea if you make a little table and analyze it

Fibrinogen
    Homocysteine
    Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
    Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
    Iron, Total
    Ferritin
    Transferrin
    Folate
    RBC
    Hematocrit
    Hemoglobin
    PT; Pro Time; Protime; INR (Formal name: Prothrombin Time and International Normalized Ratio)
    ===================================================================
    ===================================================================

We are not what we eat, we are what we assimilate.
    If we assimilate correctly, and have a problems that may be due to defficiencies in food.
    Overall, dr Kruse always say that sunlight is #1
    Sunlight is EMF (natural)

Your gut is your biggest problem.
    Consider having gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
    I am guessing you may already done it.

Your Fatty Acids analysis is telling a lot (to someone who is able to read it correctly, not me).
    But it is messed royally enough that you may have even more problems with fatty acids that were not yet tested.
    That is why I list the BodyBio Fatty Acids test.

Note that your (most often discussed) fatty acids are in good place
    omega3-DHA(+22%)
    omega6-AA(-14%)
    (up to +-25% is desirable)

Currently, to get rid of some of the excesses I think that may help if you would eliminate possibly all fat types
    except
    saturated fats.
    Note that our cell membranes are made from phospholipids.
    Each one have one saturated and other unsaturated leg.
    So saturated fats are at 50% there.

Practically that may mean top four on this list.
    Coconut oil
    Cocoa Butter
    Butter
    Beef Tallow

After few months you may want to do blood testing of your fatty acids and make adjustments.

Make sure to stay away from
    mustard
    canola oil
    peanuts and its oil
    the contain Very Long Chain Fatty acids VLCFA
    use oral
    Butyrate
    similar to this:
    http://www.bodybio.com/storecategory97.aspx

http://www.functionalps.com/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

http://latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17524
    MMC: Regarding your question about strep in the gut, Dr. Yasko makes this observation: "Streptococcal infection in the gut can serve as a reservoir to reinfect the sinuses. Chronic streptococcal infection has been associated with OCD behavior as well as tics,

TICS
    \
    essential oils, particularly oregano, being very effective in combating strep; however, it seems they are also very powerful and must be used with care.
    =================================================

Alex,
    You already have (documented) a heavy duty streptococcus in you gut.
    You may have a Lyme. Either alone or with Streptococcus.
    Check for Lyme.

///////
    [​IMG]

Have you ever had a ring on your skin somewhere?
    Most do, some not.

=============================
    Per the report you posted:
    You have already took Erythromycin 250mg *2x/day (week1 and 3)

You may need Doxycyciline for a month or two.
    ==
    http://www.hopkinsarthritis.org/arthritis-info/lyme-disease/lyme-disease-treatment/
    In general, early Lyme disease in adults is treated with
    doxycycline 100 mg orally twice daily
    or amoxicillin 500 mg orally three times daily
    for 20 to 30 days.

//

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you have a Lyme, it is likely 2+ years old.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lyme-disease/basics/treatment/con-20019701
    Lyme,
    Tests and diagnosis

By Mayo Clinic Staff

The variable signs and symptoms of Lyme disease are nonspecific and often are found in other conditions, so diagnosis can be difficult. What's more, the ticks that transmit Lyme disease also can spread other diseases at the same time.

If you don't have the characteristic Lyme disease rash, your doctor might ask about your medical history, including whether you've been outdoors in the summer where Lyme disease is common, and do a physical exam.

Lab tests to identify antibodies to the bacteria can help confirm the diagnosis. These tests are most reliable a few weeks after an infection, after your body has had time to develop antibodies. They include:

• Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test. The test used most often to detect Lyme disease, ELISA detects antibodies to B. burgdorferi. But because it can sometimes provide false-positive results, it's not used as the sole basis for diagnosis. This test might not be positive during the early stage of Lyme disease, but the rash is distinctive enough to make the diagnosis without further testing in people who live in areas infested with ticks that transmit Lyme disease.
    • Western blot test. If the ELISA test is positive, this test is usually done to confirm the diagnosis. In this two-step approach, the Western blot detects antibodies to several proteins of B. burgdorferi.
    ///////////////////

Treatments and drugs
    By Mayo Clinic Staff

Antibiotics are used to treat Lyme disease. In general, recovery will be quicker and more complete the sooner treatment begins.

Antibiotics
    • Oral antibiotics. These are the standard treatment for early-stage Lyme disease. These usually include doxycycline for adults and children older than 8, or amoxicillin or cefuroxime for adults, younger children, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. A 14- to 21-day course of antibiotics is usually recommended, but some studies suggest that courses lasting 10 to 14 days are equally effective.
    • Intravenous antibiotics. If the disease involves the central nervous system, your doctor might recommend treatment with an intravenous antibiotic for 14 to 28 days. This is effective in eliminating infection, although it may take you some time to recover from your symptoms. Intravenous antibiotics can cause various side effects, including a lower white blood cell count, mild to severe diarrhea, or colonization or infection with other antibiotic-resistant organisms unrelated to Lyme.
    After treatment, a small number of people still have some symptoms, such as muscle aches and fatigue. The cause of these continuing symptoms, known as post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome, is unknown, and treating with more antibiotics doesn't help. Some experts believe that certain people who get Lyme disease are predisposed to develop an autoimmune response that contributes to their symptoms. More research is needed.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

it is impossible to culture Borrelia whenever strep is present because strep is a faster growing bacterium and it will overgrow the culture medium as a 'contaminate', obscuring the presence of Borrelia.

It is important to use a lab that specializes in the diagnosis of Lyme disease.

http://www.rheumatic.org/faq.htm
    ================================

c) Before starting this therapy, ideally patients with these diseases should be checked for Ð
    1 - yeast overgrowth in the intestinal tract,
    2 - possible low levels of DHEA and testosterone
    3 - insufficient essential fatty acids, and
    4 - insufficient betaine hydrochloride and pepsin necessary for digestion

Seems as you fit the requirements
    /////////////////////////////////////////////

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Estimated GFR 65 > 60 ml/min
    UEC Comment eGFR : >/= 60 mL/min/1.73 sq.m -
    Does not exclude mild renal impairement, or kidney
    diseases without renal impairement.
    ==================================

You kidneys are:
    either not to happy
    or
    hopefully more likely
    the result is due to your massive muscle amounts.

Get Cystatin C test.

//

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We newer have enough of hands on advice. Here is one.

Neurolipid-Membrane-Medicine-Conference-OCT-2016

http://www.neurolipid.org/conferenc...pid-Membrane-Medicine-Conference-OCT-2016.pdf
    //////////[​IMG]

//
    Abstract
    Maintaining the appropriate balance and content of lipids in cellular membranes is critical for normal neural processes.
    Accumulating evidence suggests that even subtle perturbations in the lipid content of neurons and myelin can disrupt their function. The membrane and organelles within the cell are the primary focus of electrical discharge within the central nervous system and can be stabilized with phospholipid therapy and a Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) suppressive diet which is a targeted phospholipid, nutrient-dense, membrane stabilizing diet. The brain is 60% lipid, containing phospholipids, which comprise the plasma and organelle membranes, along with cardiolipin, locatedexclusively in the inner lipid membrane of mitochondria and myelin, and is a target for toxic exposure. Stabilization of cardiolipin is a primary therapeutic target in neurotoxic disorders ‘brain on fire’ which may be addressed using lipid therapy.
    Recent research has revealed that in the brain myelin acts as one enormous mitochondrion.
    Examination of red cell lipids at Johns Hopkins Peroxisomal Diseases Laboratory in subjects with encephalopathy, psychiatricsyndromes, seizure disorders, super-refractory status epilepticus, rare diseases, Autism, Alzheimer’s, Post Stroke, neurolyme, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, neurofungal toxicity, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron and Parkinson’s Disease over the past 15 years in 9000 analyses has revealed a characteristic accumulation of very long chain fatty acids (VLCFAs), which comprise lipid rafts, or ceramides, depicted as cell membrane derangement per disturbance in peroxisomal respiration, which has a vital role in cell membrane integrity and function. Membrane phospholipid abnormalities with elevation of VLCFAs may be indicative of exposure to neurotoxins resulting in suppressed peroxisomal beta oxidation of VLCFAs. Patients with psychiatric syndromes present with a very low total lipid content
    and often overmyelination indicative of mitochondrial lipid disturbance and an increase in sphingomyelin with a marked decrease in phosphatidylcholine in the outer membrane leaflet of their cell membranes. Identification of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA adducts (toxins) has revealed a link between toxic exposure and the development of cell membrane derangement / dysfunction linking epigenetics to these neurometabolic syndromes. In our current studies we have captured visual images of distorted phospholipid membranes and have linked the impact
    of the DNA adducts (toxins) altering gene expression to aberrations in lipid metabolism, cellular dysfunction and alteration of the structure of phospholipids in the cell membrane characteristic to the presenting diagnosis and symptoms. Our treatment protocol includes an oral targeted lipid therapy with and a membrane stabilizing diet with supplemental protocol (phospholipids and SR3 oil), and in some cases an intravenous infusion of phenylbutyrate, phosphatidylcholine/Essentiale, leucovorin, and glutathione to clear bioaccumulation of toxins impacting gene

Methods
    Applying the Advanced Membrane Stabilizing protocol adult and pediatric patients are given weekly
    one to two multigram bolus infusions of phosphatidylcholine,
    followed by Growth Factors,
    Leucovorin (folinic acid)
    and rGSH Fast Push.
    In addition, Sodium Phenylbutyrate as 3 to 5 grams is administered in an IV drip twice weekly.

Oral therapy includes unsaturated lower order fatty acids as
    SR3 4:1 omega-6 to omega-3 oil,
    Evening Primrose oil,
    EPA,
    intact phospholipids,
    Fatty Alcohols,
    Ca/Mg Butyrate or Na Phenylbutyrate,
    Phosphatidylcholine (PC),
    co-enzyme and methylation support-folinic acid,
    5-MTHF,
    tetrahydrobiopterin,
    riboflavin,
    NADH and methylcobalamin (by injection).

Targeted treatment protocols are utilized after red cell lipid analysis has been completed.

1) Phenylbutyrate per oral and IV to stimulate the peroxisomal beta oxidation and stimulate resolvins
    2) Bolus intravenous Phosphatidylcholine as Lipostabil or Essentiale N
    3) Methylation factors -folinic acid, riboflavin, methylcobalamin, 5-MTHF, tetrahydrobiopterin
    4) Sulfation support - IV Glutathione and oral free form amino acids
    5) Mitochondrial respiration support - Oral Phosphatidylethanolamine & Cardiolipin (Linoleic acid)
    6) Growth factors per IV application with phospholipids
    7) Electrolyte and trace mineral and vitamin co-factors per oral supplementation
    8) Utilization of a nutrient dense, carbohydrate limited diet with bioactive lipids to control Phospholipase A2
    9) Targeted EFA/bioactive lipid intake per red cell fatty acid test results

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, neurofungal toxicity,
    As in post above
    that is what I suspect, (Lyme), Alex.
    /////

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post #1
    And just received my DUTCH hormone results:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7odyungynvzci2/2015 july alex DUTCH July 15.pdf?dl=0
    These done 14 months after my JUNE 2014 tests.

Melatonin(*measuredas6-OH-Melatonin-Sulfate)
    Melatonin*(Waking)Low end of range 14.5ng/mg 10-50

--------------------------------
    @Danny post #18 said

Low light is good, but no light is best. Do you know if it's low enough to not suppress melatonin production.
    --------------------------------

post#55
    Jack Kruse
    --
    Low melatonin - strange because I am super strict with my light cycles - I own blueblockers.com.au - so I have red leds, I have blackout curtains etc, I work from home and as soon as the sun goes down all screens are off. I have been doing this for years. People think I'm mad.
    ---
    ANSWER: Home has electromagnetic fields doesn't it. They oscillate at 56-60 Hz. Did you know that 60 Hz magnetic fields enhance many diseases linked to low melatonin, high cortisol, and low sulfated D3 levels. The most common one is breast cancer. This occurs because these fields block melatonin's natural cycle. Recall Melatonin controls mtDNA. Mt DNA controlls energy flows in cells. The effect is windowed between 2-12 milliGauss. Pull out your gaussmeter and test your home, car and sleeping area.........I bet your electric grid is the main issue (Liburty 1993) Another issue with this type of field is that any other weak mitogen, say a cell phone, is insufficient to trigger phenotype change in your cells, but it will stimulate more rapid cell division if it is coupled to a 60 Hz magnetic field..........so NEVER use the cell phone in the house........or your melatonin and cortisol will be destroyed.

=====================================
    ==========================================================

The EPCOTx Rx
    January 8, 2013 By Jack Kruse

https://www.jackkruse.com/the-epcotx-rx/

For those who have serious chronic gut issues that have been recalcitrant to any therapy you must get a salivary melatonin level with this ASI. An altered salivary melatonin is one of the best way to assess what is really going on in the inner mitochondrial membrane of your intestinal cells. It also tells the clinician how altered your alpha wave signaling system is. It generally correlates 1 to 1 with the amount of damage inflicted. This is why so many people who have gut issue respond differently to protocols. They just are not aware of how badly their chemical clocks in their guts are off. We covered this briefly in Cold Thermogenesis 7. This helps explain why GAPS and SCD often can not finish the job. In cases like these, when the labs support it, the clinician can use a medication called Cycloset. Cycloset was approved for type 2 diabetes in 2009, but it is rarely used for that. Most clinicians do not even know about the medication or how it works. How it works is quite important to a person with an altered gut that has bad circadian signaling. Cycloset’s main action in the EPCOTx protocol is reset the gut’s circadian cycle when modern epigenetics has altered the system for any reason at all. Consider it the reset button on your computer. With proper use it can dramatically affect a persons gut problem when used in proper context with the EPCOTx protocol. We covered this recently in a webinar on the site for our members in detail. There was also a two hour Q & A session done after it as well answering many questions. I would suggest you consider listening to the webinar and Q & A if you have these problems.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Alex
    I do not want you to miss this post.
    -----------------------------------

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/trying-to-find-the-energy-to-go.18394/#post-201410

Sinus issues like infection - possible MARCoNS. Get a swab kit from http://www.microbiologydx.com/ Find a Shoemaker Cert doc to treat the infection.

http://www.microbiologydx.com/

WHO WE ARE
    Microbiology DX is a CLIA certified and Massachusetts licensed microbiology laboratory founded to provide testing for patients and healthcare providers who are concerned about fungal and bacterial exposure. We specialize in MARCoNS testing per Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker’s protocol.
    WHAT WE DO
    We identify bacteria, fungi including mold and yeast in diagnostic, environmental and industrial samples. We perform susceptibility testing on various bacterial organisms to assist clinicians with treatment regimens.
    WORKING WITH US
    We work with clinicians including MD, DO, NDNP, PA, chiropractors and other healthcare professionals nationwide and internationally to help identify biological hazards and exposure.

============================
    Available Tests

• MARCoNS – Multiple Antibiotic Resistant Coagulase Negative Staphylococcus
      • Biofilm Analysis
      • All pathogenic gram positive and gram negative bacteria
      • Fungus (mold & yeast) identification
      • Environmental Microbiology
      • Industrial Microbiology
      • General Diagnostic Microbiology

13. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Hi.
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have been away and wanted to sit down and really work through all your responses.

I have decided I am not going to do any more testing on myself for a while. I have spent over $20k on tests and consults over the last few years and cannot justify further testing. I am moving to rural new zealand in 6 weeks time and I'm going to use that as a fresh start. I will be attempting to live off the land as much as possible and totally unwind and destress. The coastal air, spring water, fresh fish (fresh water and sea), organic garden along with less work responsiblities should help. If in 12 months time I am still stuck then I will rethink my decision to not to further testing.

I really do believe that given the right resources, mindset and environment that the body can heal it self, so this is what I intend on doing. I even wonder that me spending all this time and $ on tests has been part of the probelm - I'm always expecting to see something wrong. Again, it's a mindset change.

Thanks again

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good luck.
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to remind people that science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding. In this sense science is the communication path man should be using to study how nature shapes us. We have to remind ourselves that the path is fallible because of the process of nature and the nature of man. Man always creates errors and often he fails to understand why his methodologies can create many scientific fallacies believed to be fact.
    Much of what man has learned and come to believe is not true in nature, it just happens to bring us closer to the truths that nature weaves. This occurs because Mother Nature's hand is capable of erasing while she simultaneously write's more wisdom that builds things around us. You begin to realize in every experiment and theory there's no such thing as a complete lie or complete truth. There's always some truth in there and that is what science is trying to squeeze out from the pulp. Man's duty is to distill the juice of nature with experiment, but how something is studied effects the results and this can create new knowledge or dogmatic fallacy. Realizing what was once believed to be true, but no longer is true, is what creates man's wisdom.

caroline likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold