1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Quest To Be Better Than The Rest

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Alex Fergus, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Big problem in this post........See the picture? Working out inside in non full spectrum fake light = a body built by singlet oxygen = LR situation in mitochondria which will require massive infusions of carbohydrates because NADH will need UV light from said electrons. UV light is needed from outside full spectrum light when your feet are connected to the Earth to make triplet oxygen = LS.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The beliefs of modern man are the batteries that make them fuel for the matrix in which they live.

Do you look "at science" or do you look thru science through a lens? I submit that that most of us are prisoners to modern science perspectives because we see it via "their lenses".

The modern illusion is that we have “something” to lose by using UV light in our eye or skin when we exercise when the reality is that when we bury the purple spectrum of the sun we get sick and die early even when our bodies facade resembles something that looks amazingly well. LOOKS ARE DECEIVING when that body is built of singlet oxygen.

Tissues with high energy demands, that are chronically light stressed suffer from a lower quantum yield. This is akin to placing a tarp over a tree to lower photosynthetic yields. This occurs in tissues such as the brain and the heart, contain a large number of mitochondria. They all rely on UV light exposure to drive RPE function of the eye clock and central retinal pathways that control all circadian regulators. These very active mitochondria-dense organs are more susceptible to reduction of the aerobic metabolism. Internal and external stressors, including cytokine up-regulation, pose a higher metabolic demand on the mitochondria to produce the necessary energy to maintain homeostasis. When the allostatic load becomes extreme due to extreme light stress, the energy demands increase exponentially, taxing the mitochondria and resulting in mitochondrial dysfunction, which creates inefficient energy production and leads to energy deficit. This in turn creates a disparity between very high metabolic energy demands in inflammatory states and the actual energy deficit resulting from mitochondrial dysfunction.

smog of any kind that block light entrance = air pollution = artificial light stress= lowered quantum yield = lowered solar power in all ranges = lowered UV exposure = Earth does not have its full spectrum of light = Tarp over a tree = trees dies no matter if it is watered and has access to CO2 and minerals = your modern world modeled.

Alex Fergus and rlee314 like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your symptoms are deficits of UV light tied to your picture above

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you cannot harvest enough UV light from any diet........you need constant recharging of the mammalian battery with AM sunlight to make a body from triplet oxygen.

rlee314, Danny, Mystic Rose60 and 2 others like this.
  5. Alex. Sounds like the changes you have been making following the Leptin reset are helping to mitigate the indoor exercise but based on what Jack is saying tyou are only mitigating some of the damage done by the formation of singlet oxygen from working out indoors. Hence the reason why you used to eat so much. Your body was trying to get the energy it needed from food instead of UV light. By adding that morning UV into your daily routine you are able to trade food energy for pure light energy. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong :)

Working out indoors sounds like a particularly tough situation for you because you make your living doing this. A transition for you means a transition for your clientele too. I don't know all the physics/biology around exercise but I do wonder if you alter your type of training based on seasons like you would alter your food. All based off the light cycles in your environment. If there is something to that then that can be a potential differentiation for you and your business.

In the mean time I would wonder what other hacks can be utilized to mitigate the indoor training further. Jack and several others are exposed to high nnEMF in their jobs and the recipe for mitigation seems to be AM UV(which you are getting), tons of DHA(sounds like you are starting to get this too), and cold thermogenesis. Jack has mentioned his mercury vapor UVB light(s) that sit behind his computers at work and home on a number of occasions. Something else to consider.

I also wonder how you would hack your environment since any transition may take some time. There might be some things you can do to lessen the impact. Probably difficult if you are working out and training in a public gym but if you are renting space then you can probably alter a few things.

nikita likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NADH is what is up regulated at cytochrome one when UV light is missing in action via the skin, eye, gut, and lung.......nnEMF (full spectrum sunlight) lowers NAD+ to low levels so you can not make superoxide built with triplet state oxygen and not singlet. When this happens you can't recycle mitochondria and begin to have trouble with glucose use and you fell you must use a ketogenic diet to do well.......when the reality is you really must mitigate the nnEMF risk by changing the light stressed environment. A tree with a tarp over it cannot grow well and neither can a human.................you just are unaware of this basic feature of mammalian biology because of your precepts of the truth fed to you by your matrix of beliefs given to you by another matrix designed to make money off of you.

VENICE BEACH EXISTS FOR A REASON. THOSE BODY BUILDERS DONT GET THE DISEASES THE INDOOR GUYS DO.

7. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Wow thanks so much for all of this info Jack!

God I have so much reading/learning and most importantly, changing to do!

I'm am now doing light bodyweight workouts a few times a week, barefoot, shirt off in the park.

I'm still doing 2 heavy sessions in the gym, but during my rest breaks I go out onto the gyms balcony and catch some rays! I am in the process at shopping around for an outdoor gym.

I'll keep doing my AM sun, my daily park sunbathe (sun or not) and CT.

Thanks for everything you do!

8. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Thanks for this Dan!
    I need to learn more about this singlet vs triple oxygen state. These are new terms to me.

Yes the lower appetite/diet is unusual. When I do eat, I still have the mindset of a bodybuilder so I try and eat big portions but I've found I can't even do that. A small bowl of prawn & scallop curry with zucchini noodles had me well satisfied. And other than the midday nuts I hadn't eaten for ~12 hours. Crazy!

I am working in some outdoor training sessions now. And thankfully my online business is growing meaning I spend less time in the gym PT'ing and more time doing skype calls/emails from the park!

Re the CT - I do cold showers for 5-10mins 5x a week. And I do 2-3 hour Cool fat burner vest sessions to the point of shivering post days. I'll take a look at the UVB lights. Though living in sydney coming into summer I just need to get outside more!

My plan is to go back home (NZ) and buy a little lifestyle block with an outdoor/garage gym close to the beach. Not as sunny as sydney, but good enough.

I appreciate your comments :)

9. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

Perfect.... been looking at doing something similar down here... can just pull the tractor along instead of the Prowler.

10. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Hi all.

So it's been a year and I thought I would give you all an update.
    My whole life has changed - I eat a lot of seafood, I hardly train any more, I'm in bed close to sun down and wake up before sun rise, I avoid EMF/wifi etc, I ground every day and ensure I get a lot of UV-B sun - even in winter...
    But, I'm still far from great.

In fact, I have a lot of issues...

Recent stool tests showed massive gut dysbiosis (95% Strep count - should be below 5%, 2% e.coli - should be 70% + and next to no beneficial bacteria). I had two 3 day tests done with different companies and both showed similar results.

I was parasite and yeast free however.
    There were traces of undigested particles in my stool.
    Also - b-Glyucuronidase was high (7509 U/g - range is 300-4000)
    M2 Pyruvate Kinase was 6.3 (range below 4 U/ml)

Vit D is great
    Ferritin levels are high (393 ng/ml - range is 22-250)
    HS CRP is still 2.0 (has been this level for 2-3 years despite all my changes)
    Testosterone level is rock bottom along with estrogen (DUTCH test)
    Testosterone - 24 ng/mg (ref range 40-100)
    Estrogen - 7.8
    DHEA 3673 (ref range 1000 - 5500)
    Free cortisol was high - metabolised cortisol low.
    Prolactin is low,
    Free Testosterone (blood) is low)
    Luteinizing Hormone is 2.5 mlU/mL (low - range is 1.2-8.8)
    Histamine (blood) .0.7 umol/L (range .2 - 2.0)
    Free T4 - low
    Free t3 - low
    Rev T3 - low

No thryoid antibodies
    Zonulin good/low
    O6:03 ratio = 2.5 to 1
    Trans Fat index - great

Neurotransmitters - all low.
    Serotonin - 72.6 ug/gCR (ref range 200-400)
    GABA - 157 (range 600-1100)
    Dopamine - 79 (ref 250 - 400)
    Noradrenaline - 18 (30-50)
    Adrenaline 2.3 (10-15)
    Glutamate 2.7 (5-10)

I had a MRI brain scan - that came back clear.

And I just got my results from a 24 hour post DMSA chelation heavy metal urine sample.
    Arsenic was high - 25.6 (should be below 15 ug/gCR)
    Mercury was also showing a 'low toxic burden' - 1.13 (should be below 1, though a high toxic load is 2.8)
    Copper was low in blood test and urine test.
    Zinc was low in blood test, high in urine test

I am an under methylator .

I don't do any intense training any more, I am outside as much as possible. I am also moving to rural NZ in 2 months time (currently in dense sydney apartments). So I'm hoping this helps.
    I have a EMF meter - my work/living area is in the 'red/severe' zone for nnEMF. my bedroom is green though.

I am currently doing IF for 14-16 hours, and then a paleo autoimmune keto diet. Trying keto for the gut dysbiosis. I only eat grass fed/organic etc. I drin spring water. I eat some seafood every day, organ meats 2x a week, seaweed a few times a week, broth daily etc. I sleep great (I use the oura ring on airplane mode and get 85-95% sleep - i sleep around 8.5 hours a night). I walk around 10-12k steps a day (barefoot as much as possible). I get a ton of sun - it's spring time here in Sydney and all winter people were hitting me up about my tan!. I CT a few times a week. I track HRV and it's pretty good.

The problem - low T, the gut issues, low libido, feeling 'flat' al the time (nothing excites me), poor memory and I feel like I'm becoming 'dumb'. It's scary.

I'm a bit lost as to what to do next.

My functional doc has been on a gut protocol for the high streptococcus levels. Then he wants to look at my methylation. He hasn't seen my metal results yet. I'm worried that I have mercury poisoning as I had 4 big silver fillings for 12 years, then had them removed without knowing about the dangers... I had a rubber dam, but then the dentist had to do more work after the dam was out, I remember tasting metal for days... That was 3 years ago. I didn't do any chelation therapy.

Whenever I take chlorella I am violently ill.

If I was Princess Leia on Star Wars, it would be at this time where I would say 'Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi... you're my only hope".

Any thoughts on what I should/shouldn't do?

I'm counting down the weeks (8) until the NZ move - it's not great from a latitude point of view, but the remoteness/back to nature element will be good (I'll be living on the coast). And I'll buy a IR sauna with some UV lamps for winter time.

Cheers

11. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Attached are my results from this year.

Attached Files:

12. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

and more

Attached Files:

13. Danny

Danny New Member

Hey Alex... Where in NZ are you moving? Are you taking any trips closer to equator? High Ferritin, low neurotransmitters... I know jack has been talking about this in webinar Q and A's and blogs lately. I don't remember the recommendations, but it might be worth a listen and read for you.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I will look thru your test results latter,
    so far I see that you have too low FreeT3
    it is on the bottom of good range, it should be on top.
    That would also use up you highish noon cortisol.
    ----
    You are saying that you have good vit D but not posting what it is.
    it should be :
    natural
    and real close to
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    that is a lot
    While pursuing that high vit d numbers
    you will spend much more time on the sun
    that should further improve shape of your cortisol curve.
    Plan your exercising outdoor.

To raise your thyroid hormone output:
    1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    for 2-4 weeks
    then continue on selenium indefinitely
    and add (slowly until you reach
    1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day

Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
    You may not get the same product I list, it is about
    iodine + (potassium iodide)

===============================
    You are likely have low
    gastric acid (most likely)
    or
    low bile acids
    or
    enzymes

Get Betaine HCL
    Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with pepsin 600 mg - 250 Tablets (or similar)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068IY0O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8
    Look up Charlie Poliquin protocol on how to figure out proper dose.
    Or just start low and increase dose with meals until you feel warm in the tummy
    https://forums.t-nation.com/t/betaine-hcl-test/173801

/////////////
    If above will not raise your FreeT3
    continue with above
    but add
    natural thyroid hormone from pigs at the dose that gives you that FreeT3
    That is usually 0-3grains
    Do not use synthetic thyroid hormones.
    When you test while on supplemental thyroid hormones,
    eat them every morning, chew before swallowing.
    On the morning of blood test,
    take thyroid hormones AFTER you drew blood or got blood sample.

///

///

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    lawrencep93 likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do you have all body parts?
    Appendix, gallbladder.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I see that you travel.
    While in UK, Canada, Venezuela or USA
    get
    Spectracell Micronutrient test.
    Spectracell.com

Among many things you will get direct answers to your methylation questions.
    What to take, what dose to take.
    Then you can double check and adjust doses and items.
    ======================================================

You are eating lots of seafood.
    Good idea to check results and adjust intake.
    get
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

Make sure and do not do any (foolish) tests of this type, like indexes and similar.
    They are rigged by fish oil salesman.

Watch your EPA. Seafood contains lots of it, it is too much for some.
    Excess EPA depresses omega6, specially AA.
    Ideal results are in the middle of the lab range.
    Acceptable results are plus/minus 25% from the middle of laboratory range.
    You need each and every fatty acid in the right amount.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Homocysteine=9
    why are you saying that you have methylation problems?

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Free Testosterone (blood) is low)
    Luteinizing Hormone is 2.5 mlU/mL (low - range is 1.2-8.8)
    -----------------------------------
    Your pituitary is sluggish.
    Have you been hit in the head?
    Good idea to get pituitary MRI

Above reinforced by your low FreeT3 and low TSH.

Check also
    IGF-1
    IGFBP3

(another pituitary hormone)

19. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

Hey.
    I will spend summer at Awakino (latitude 38.6 S) and then look at moving to raglan (37.8 S). Currently in Sydney (33.8S).
    Trips closer to the equator - I will go back to Sydney every few months. I plan on doing a 4 week trip to USA (texas) next year, and we plan on going to samoa (latitude 13 S) for a few weeks over winter.

Thanks for the pointers - I'll check out those resources :)

20. Alex Fergus

Alex Fergus New Member

hey!
    Thanks for all this.

My Vit D levels in May were 153 nmol - this was all natural, no supplements. It would be higher now as we are getting a lot more sun.

Selenium - I will add that to my stack.
    I already take Thorne Research BioGest (2 caps) with every meal, plus i have added oxbile. I have been doing this (biogest) for years though. If I take 3 caps I get acid reflux, 1-2 seems to be the sweat spot.