1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My primal journal, Kipras

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Daulatwant, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

For the last 11 months I was on a carnivorous diet. And from the beginning "Eat meat salt and water" did not work for me. I struggled to stay strict in the beginning. I wasn't able to keep up intermittent fasting while only eating meat. After my first week I was just sick of eating meat and couldn't look at another meal.

I then got into eating raw meat. Eventually started craving raw meat. As I switched to raw meat I lost my taste for salt. I ended up following Primal diet by Aajonus Vonderplanitz primal diet and I was only eating raw foods, raw meat, raw milk, raw eggs. Eventually I even stopped drinking water. Since the raw foods were so hydrating. Primal diet includes, honey, fruit and vegetable juices.

At one point I wanted to remove honey, milk, eggs, fruit and vegetable juices. I was trying to do just meat, fat and water and wasn't able to go anywhere doing that, while drinking water I would get drained really fast. Then since the end of summer I started using salt again in large amounts. While salt did give me significant improvements, it never completed the whole picture, and I still felt as if something wasn't right.

I struggled all autumn with this. Constantly swinging between large salt intake and zero salt. Between drinking tons of water and drinking no water at all, eating cooked food and raw food. It appears that there is no middle ground, and my gut is telling me to cut the salt and the water. It has been telling me this for half a year already.​

On Monday evening I started by drinking whey. On Tuesday I only ate raw foods; meat, fish, cream, eggs, milk, kefir, a single orange, couple cups of green juice, and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. No water and no salt

As I am writing this I have been DRY FASTING for 26 hours already. I feel great, no thirst, no hunger so far. Will keep dry fasting until tomorrow morning at least.​

caroline and JanSz like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just playing safe.
    You may want to get refractometer.
    When drinking less water, you should always be reading results in the white chart.
    But
    the closer you are to the blue, the more matrix water your body should be producing.
    Think of body water (the extracellular water) as a lubricant.
    You need it, but only so much.
    And you worry more where it came from (the drinking or from matrix water).

Excess of extracellular water prevents matrix water production.
    Production (synthesis) of water releases energy (huge amounts of energy).
    That energy is the power that runs life.
    (Other details are coming later. You first need a power, latter you may want to figure out where you want to apply it.
    Actual hydration you can measure checking osmolality.
    There is (in a healthy body) high correlation between osmolality and
    urine SPG (Urine specific gravity).
    Refractometer is cheap and easy to use.
    ----------------------
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUBA92X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2019-12-19_10-20-25.png

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I suggest that you do not call what you do:
    dry fasting.
    If you are not thirsty, you do not need to drink.
    If you become thirsty, then you should drink.
    But,
    when drinking, do not gulp large amounts of water (all at once).
    Just a little bit, just enough to quench thirst.

' upload_2019-12-19_10-48-38.png
    upload_2019-12-19_10-45-40.png

4. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

By dry fasting I mean no food, no water. I didn't eat or drink anything since yesterday morning. I never feel thirsty for water. Only after eating a bunch of salt and carbs, or protein and salt do I get thirsty for water. When I get thirsty I wan't watery foods, not nearly pure water, a thirst for blood perhaps.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  5. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I did go to a tanning salon twice before all this, possibly helped this process along by introducing some UVB.

JanSz likes this.
  6. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

UPDATE:
    So it is now over a week into eating only raw food without water or salt. Mainly meat and dairy. And I have come back to life. I was clearly in a depressed state over a week ago. It appears to have lifted now. I went to a bar with friends yesterday and didn't have an urge to leave as I usually do, no temptations to drink alcohol or eat anything out of my current diet. Well I did eat a small bit of potato salad two days ago, and it appears to have given me hives last night. But they are mostly gone now.

I eat very often now, every hour to couple hours I will have either some meat, couple eggs, or some dairy, I try not to go more than 5 hours without having some protein.

I'm cutting back on honey, fruit and the vegetable juices. Feel no real need for them. Even raw milk doesn't go down as well as fermented milk, so I will probably not be eating much carbs going forward.

I was not getting any sun this week, every time I went outside I had clothes on, I do have my phone with blue light turned off, I have adjusted the color output of my pc screen as well to have more red and less blue. Really just by having adjusted my diet I do not feel the need to avoid NNEMF as much, maybe my exposure wasn't that high to begin with. But I am looking forward to changing my environment nevertheless.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    JanSz likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To figure out that you are actually consuming a good amount of water you may want to do one experiment.
    Cook Sous Vide Steak or any meat.

Take ziplock bag
    put a pound of meat in it, close it
    put in into pot with water, about 140F
    cover it with some weight, to hold it under the water
    hold it there for 3-4 hrs
    open bag, check the amount of water that has separated from the meat.

Daulatwant likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you say juices. Please be more specific.
    Commercially prepared juices are no no. Because of added fructose.
    Juices that you have squeezed, different story.

Sometimes it is hard to eat some food (without sweetening it).
    There is monkfruit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siraitia_grosvenorii

As any other fruit, it contains sugar (fructose & sucrose).
    You do not really want either, but especially fructose.

What you want to sweeten with is erythritol, it does not affect blood sugar

upload_2019-12-27_10-13-30.png

9. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I grind celery or cucumbers in a hand crank meat grinder, and then squeeze it with a cotton cloth by hand.

My carb intake is very limited, I only ate 2 oranges in the last 2 weeks probably. I had 1-2 tbsp of honey per day until I ran out 3 days ago. Today I had 3 cups of raw milk, and I'm fermenting the rest since I feel it was too much sugar.

JanSz likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/after-9-months.20448/page-52#post-269657

11. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

12. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I found a big shift in autumn also. It was like there was a big momentum from the summer when I was outside a lot. Then autumn came with less light and activity and things needed to be reorganized. Having much less salt and water now, and less food is desired.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It would be nice to do a hack.

I had an excellent experience with green juices.
    Possibly it may not always be about the deuterium load.
    It may be about an incremental increase in the body's ability to discriminate against deuterium.

The hack would constitute studying the deuterium content difference between breath and urine.

I am already into the third year of DDW drinking. Started 12/11/2017.
    My overall deuterium level is low or very low.
    But the difference in breath/urine remains about the same.
    It is always equal to about 2.
    The goal or the desirable difference is about 10.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am assuming that there may be something significant about celeries.

Celery juice is used in pickling meat.
    https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/food/celery-juice-viable-alternative-nitrites-cured-meats

upload_2019-12-28_10-6-49.png

15. drezy

drezy Gold

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When I am dealing with 10kg of a pork shoulder I have to add 1 liter of water to the mix.
    That is convenient because I use that 1 liter of water to mix in all kinds of spices that I am adding which also includes curing salt #1.

I could just as easily add one liter of celery juice (instead of water and salt #1).

Comments?

drezy likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

I think sausage makers use more concentrated stuff like this
    https://www.sausagemaker.com/Celery-Juice-Powder-p/11-1031.htm

Full disclosure: I do not use any preservatives in my sausages, corned beef, or homemade bacon at this point. If it will be gone in less than a week I don't bother and nothing ever seems to last more than 4 days. I'll work with about 6-7 lbs max at a time. Having a 15 year old boy sure makes proteins disappear.

18. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

A.V. vegetable juices.jpg
    This is from the source that introduced me to these juices. I used celery and a bit of parsley initially, because I was anticipating some symptoms when cutting out salt. Celery is high in sodium. Drinking it an hour before a meat meal supposedly helps digestion.

19. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

In terms of food preservation. This is what animals do. And any primitive tribes used to bury food underground and even let it ferment for months if not years.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have misgivings about red beets.
    They are heavily advertised. But I think what they sell is dry beets powder, water is gone (with lots of deuterium).
    I like fermented red beet juice (delicious if done right). So it is mostly the original liquid.
    @DrEttinger

upload_2019-12-28_15-31-18.png