1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My personal introduction

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Corey Nelson, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson Lifelong Mitochondriac

Hello,

I've known of Jack for about 7-8 years and had always thought his protocols seemed valid and very interesting (it seems so hard to deny that light and cold will alter physiology and gene expression - and little did I know there was so much more to it) but for most of that time, my youthful arrogance kept me from diving in.

As you will see in my signature a lot of that arrogance caught up with me, in 2014-16 or so. A couple of years of putting my life back on track, and I began to investigate and apply the protocols, somewhat slowly.

Late last year I said "why not" and went into deep dive mode; I've been all in since then, and everything I've learned and applied has worked phenomenally well for me (also see signature) and always leads me to the next step. Not to mention the profound truths that really undercut a lot of what I thought I knew.

That's fine; being vulnerable and brand new is a great place to grow.

One of my next steps is to become a gold or platinum member, and I'm pretty sure eventually I'll go for the Quantum Health Practitioner listing with whatever that entails. Currently able to afford the Patreon only but grateful for everything.

At the moment I'm just honored to be here and interact with a community built around this remarkable, abrasive, and kind individual's ideas and wisdom :)

Corey

PS: Does anyone know of a way to see posts *I* have "Liked" or another convenient way to sort/create a favorites list of individual posts, within the forum? Still exploring the mechanics. Thanks.

Jason Coates likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Corey and welcome. It has always been amazing to me how this all makes complete sense and has from the very beginning - even without any kind of a science background.

The three legged stool is all encompassing and is all we need to get started and keep going.....

I love your story of acceptance and denial and then arriving at vulnerable and brand new and ready to have skin in the game!

Being brand new and vulnerable and open is a great place to be - I remember the day very well!

looking forward to your journal....

sorry I don't know the answer to your tech question - but someone else will I am sure.

Corey Nelson likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi Corey,

Good question.
    I could use answer to it.
    ---
    Another question.
    On the old board,
    when I looked at list of posts,
    posts that I have already read were listed in different color than the rest.
    This new board does not have that feature.
    Or possibly it is there but have to be turned on.
    How?

/////

Corey Nelson likes this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Hi Corey ~ if you hover over your name in top right corner, then click on "Your Profile Page" ~ you can then click on your activity and find your posts and things you've liked. It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it's been helpful to me. Welcome! :)

Corey Nelson likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

Welcome Corey :)
    Excited to hear more about your deep dive (awesome :) ), details and what you changed - what the results where :)

Corey Nelson likes this.
  6. Corey Nelson

That is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. Now I have a quick and easy way to see everything I've liked in one place. Thank you.

Jenelle likes this.
  7. Corey Nelson

Thank you.

Deep is kind of a relative term I suppose, I'm as deep as I can cognitively get for now but not pushing myself in an unkind way. I haven't gone as deep as I plan to in terms of understanding - definitely getting there slowly and steadily though, and using many practical recommendations every single day (mostly all in my signature).

Moving on to results - I think it's hard to really pinpoint exactly what it feels like having better "quality of life" but that seems to be the most noticeable overall effect. For sure I feel more patient, accepting, and happy with less (I think I've heard Jack K. talk about this). There's really a great sense of belonging and being pretty happy with my situation even though it isn't "perfect." Less obsession. This is both a great effect of healing and a route to further healing.

I really appreciate Buddhist philosophy and to some extent practice (though, I have been practicing less meditation recently, just feels like the correct thing at the moment - following my intuition here) and so to me being less obsessed and more content are some of the real keys in life.

More objectively speaking I am noticing a massive improvement in mood, better sleep, sex drive is way way up (can easily be with my wife every single day as she prefers, which was never the case before in our 2.5 years of marriage - speaking as a guy that's a major change!), slow and steady improvements in energy, and symptom relief from erratically occurring heart palpitations and angioedema and urticaria. Previously I'd get swelling episodes where my lip would blow up about triple size and my body would get large, itchy, angry hives. Swelling now happens, albeit to a lesser degree, if and only if I end up sitting near a router for more than an hour or so, or heavily use a cell phone.

After listening to Matt Maruca some I also quit exercising (had been lifting with kettlebells once per week, running once a week, hiking once a week, and doing a mobility type day) because I realized I was way too fatigued and foggy to be in the right place to do that. That's been another great thing for me, just parting with that habit as an absolutely necessary part of life and knowing it's there to enjoy when I'm well.

Quit caffeine for the most part (I've had it maybe once every 2-4 weeks this year, usually in tea form) and that really improved sleep but also increased brain fog. I still feel like I'm usually at about 50-60% of my former peak cognitive capacity but I can find other things to enjoy and appreciate in life. I just feel happier and I can be happy at this level. That's currently, along with my fatigue, my most noticeable symptom, though. I just don't have the depth I used to intellectually or it takes a lot longer to get there, and I can't really focus on things for more than an hour or two at a time before I get fatigued mentally and need to do something restful.

Actually, I should clarify - 50-60% of former absolute peak is enough to live a good and productive life, and it may be ideal to be here most of the time with occasional bursts of insight and productivity, definitely better than trying to always force the ceiling higher and stay at peak all the time. Also, I think I am currently more likely to listen to myself and my body when I need a rest or a break - after years of working through pain and discomfort and basically creating a neoliberal inhuman existence for myself (partly out of motivation to succeed and partly just having something to prove). Very unhealthy habits of mind that I think are absolutely socially conditioned. Huge paradigm shift, not having much to prove. SO despite sounding a bit burnt out still I don't really FEEL that way, I just have a feeling of being realistic and it is often the case that I back away from something requiring intense focus after not so long - if it changes, great, but that's where I am.

Based on what had happened and the foolishness I was engaged in going back to 2011-2014 - use of modafinil and an Rx stimulant, absolute caffeine abuse, blue light way too often (I knew better but got complacent and stopped wearing my Uvexes I had at the time), EMFs 24/7, some really serious life changing trauma to cap it all off - I'm lucky I only got out with what I did.

If it takes years to level off and be "healed" that's okay!

Oh, I also restarted cannabis in 2015 after a 10 year period of having quit it, and it wasn't a bad crutch - helped with the trauma and (I now know) regulating mitochondrial function despite blue light and EMF damage - but I got a big wakeup call in the form of some near fatal cannabinoid hyperemesis episodes (body temp dropped to 95f at one point, dehydration making me so weak I could barely get help to go to ER) - and now that I'm entirely off the weed again (and glad to be) that's a new healing chapter, too.

I noticed that most of my issues were extremely "nonlinear" in their onset and wow, was that a wakeup call. I really am fascinated and horrified to see what begins happening individually and societally as these devastating and rapid effects begin to leap down to the next lower age groups of young "millennials" and "generation Y."

My old neighbor who's a year older than me, when I was living in an EMF hell (landlord in attached premise had dozens of wifi network devices and there were 3 smart meters, the suites were partially below ground), had the following all within the space of a year: hysterectomy, stroke with loss of function in one eye (now regained), and a mental breakdown where she got the police called and was evicted for attacking her boyfriend. Really sad. She is/was a gamer so there's your case study in 24/7 EMF + PM blue light.

I think I covered the rest in my signature but happy to share whatever I can, for curiosity sake or in case it helps anyone.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Jenelle and Phosphene like this.