1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My parents think I am nuts?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by John Smith, Jan 23, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

i know that everyone here faces obstacles in life but the last few days have been tough talking with my parents. I know that most people their age are full believers of conventional wisdom and have been practicing these ways for their entire lifetime. I know that i cannot convince my parents of my lifestyle changes (Epi-paleo diet, walking barefoot wearing blue blockers, limiting my emf). The problem is that they do not accept the things I do and ridicule me constantly. I am persistent and firm in what I do but it just goes on and on. I tried to explain a few things to them but as you know CW is so counterintuitive to the reality. They now tell everyone around me that I have become insane and you should just eat and do everything normally like everyone else. They are non-believers in everything I do and are worried that I might die at a early age from all that fat and meat. My grandmother even cried and got upset when she knew how I was living.

How can I begin explaining what I am doing without scaring them and making me look crazy?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ask them if they wore sunblock when they young, ask them if seeing a child with cancer was common when they were young, ask them if not being able to get pregnant was a common problem when they were young, ask them if it was common for people in their 20's and 30's and even children to have diseases of the elderly when they were young....

When they answer no to everyone of those questions tell them you are not living in the same world they grew up in and you have learned there are things you can do to protect yourself and they should be proud of you. Tell them it may seem weird now but in a few years they will be telling their friends how smart their son is that he's been doing these things for years while their friends kids are just catching on...

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Maybe tell them you do a bio-hack :)
    And if your health and well being goes worse you will stop for sure! And change back to their way of "normal living" ;)
    Maybe just go slow... with telling them. Just live it, and let the results speak for themselves :)
    And always stay polite.. and when they ridicule you... just be nice back and never say a bad world or start arguing.. just smile inside because you know where you are going and it is beautiful.... you are going into the light... and no one can take that away from you!
    I really think the biohack thing is cool because it gives them a secure feeling you are just trying something out? You could even say, if they recognice you get sicker or your mood gets worse or anything negative, they might help you out by telling you about it ;)

If they are really negative and draining you... and you do not have the power to just love them back.. just stay away... visit them more seldom etc. to keep you energy for being wasted
    Parents are just... parents. We are not responsible of them......and sometimes it is wise to cut the ties to save ourselves. I am lucky to have a very good relationship with mine...... even if they do not do all things optimal but they have a good sense about what is good and they do many things right! They never ridicule me for what I do for my health... they are interested instead.. and we have funny conversations in candle light when I visit them. My mom tries to buy food she knows I eat... my parents do not have TV either... well.. I dearly love my parents! Is everything perfect? No...lol
    But they have beautiful hearts.. and that counts :)

Cpt.Tired, Mystic Rose60 and Linz like this.
  4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What Inger said but Avoid the term biohack. It sounds like a violent interference into the normal order of things. Better to go with just saying I am a young guy who wants to decipher things his own way. Parents quietly relate their James Dean moments to that. He will grow out of it eventually is the consolation contained therein. ;)

Cpt.Tired and Linz like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Key point: To get optimal stop giving a shit what others thinks. IT is not them that our your obstacle.......it is your emotions giving them power over you. You should always "listen" to your "parents and to experts". They'll always tell you what can't be done, and why. Your job is to show them the error of their precepts of truth by just doing it. Action not words............shuts people up.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  6. Arclite

Arclite New Member

Brother, you must become fearless to make your way through this wasteland. At every step you will face opposition, scorn, ridicule, jealousy contempt; even your friends will come to hate you for your brilliance, for the truth you manifest. Those who dwell in darkness hate the light. Like candles to the blazing noon time sun, your magnificence and splendor will overwhelm them. The road you travel is perilous and fraught with hardhip, but glory will be your reward. Their's is an easy and well traveled one, adorned with every comfort and advantage, but we know where it leads: insanity, degeneration, death by slow decay, the wages of contented ignorance in this hellish world. Perservere, remain steadfast and you may well save them, allow yourself to be dissuaded and both you and they are lost.

Cpt.Tired, Inger and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  7. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

What I've learned on this journey, is that I didn't come out of this World to live up to other's expectations. I've been letting go of my fear that I have always lived with and instead of wanting other people to like or love me, I'm loving myself instead and when this happens, that spark within you is going to turn into a fire that you have never experienced before and you will find yourself tuning into your authenticity and as a result, soaring to phenomenal heights. What matters most to you John...how do you see yourself? That is essential. People are always going to judge and voice their opinions, but how you see yourself is all that matters and that is what stays with you forever John. Your perception of yourself is all that matters on your personal journey. You have a wonderful, supportive Tribe here too. :)

Cpt.Tired and Inger like this.
  8. Just Breathe

Just Breathe New Member

I too, have received the constant ridicule, skepticism, disdain. I've learned to ignore it and tell people you don't have to support me, but you will not be an obstacle. Be fearless. When your results are REMARKABLE, and THEY WILL BE, others will soon pay attention. I stopped sharing the information I was learning, because it was clear no one wanted to hear it. Don't try to change others, or share information....just take care of yourself! 3 years later, their eyes are opening and they are asking questions, learning, etc. Give people time to acclimate to the new you. They might be scared that they will lose you. Gentleness in your words, lionheart strength in your actions.

Cpt.Tired, Mystic Rose60 and Inger like this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Great advice here

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

It's tough..but we are all going through it.
    People at my work call me "Bono" because I walk around with my blue blockers on.
    You have to weigh the stress of being ridiculed to the benefits of what you are doing. Lead by example rather than trying to convince them. Trying to convince them will only deplete your charge further. Believe in what you believe and you will become a leader.
    Try not to 'preach to them' because that causes real problems.
    I went through everything that you are going through as well. It best to try and keep it hidden if possible. Just remember that we are behind you:)