1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My optimal journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Mike David, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Just catching up on your journal—man you’re doing awesome! It’s no small feat to dive deep into this site and care for a tribe of kids at the same time.

Thanks for the reminder about edible weeds. My yard is chock full of two varieties of ‘white man’s foot’ (plantago/plantain). I knew it was medicinal but had no clue it was edible. Bit late in the season now (better when young) but how do you prepare it? Some good info here—one site of many.

http://www.eattheweeds.com/white-mans-little-foot-dwarf-plantain-2/

Mike David likes this.
  2. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

No prep. Just pick and chew.

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  3. Mike David

Finally had some good sun yesterday let’s keep that theme going now. Rain rain go away don’t come back for more than a few days. I’m beginning to read a lot better things are sticking more frequently and my capacity is increasing. My mind is going non stop constantly reflecting and chewing on new ideas. When you cut out all the meaningless noise you have a crystal clear focus on what’s most important. You can also better differentiate and know what’s most important. Following Dr. Kruse is like health,science,math and English class all at once. Now that’s efficiency. Add to that philosophy. Got into calories protons and electrons and light with a couple Harvard grads yesterday. It’s def. true what Dr. Kruse said schooling doesn’t buy you knowledge. They resorted to name calling at which time I told them I don’t let low dopamine people raise my cortisol and showed myself to the door. More money than brains I guess.

KrusinWitchie, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Huh. Who knew?

The inner leaves of the rosettes are tender and nutty. A little bitter and astringent as well, but not in a bad way. (Sounds like most of us here...)

The nearby wild violet leaves are also a treat. Mild and mucilaginous after chewing—must be good stuff in there.

043ED9DF-4C3E-4FB6-B658-E579B075115C.jpeg

Do you get your whole family to eat these?

KrusinWitchie and Mike David like this.
  5. Mike David

I wish they still follow the old model. But it’s not because I didn’t try. I just keep my mouth shut now and lead by example I believe eventually they will come around. It took me awhile to get it too.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Mike David

What makes you the same as other mammals?
    Whats the first word that comes to mind?
    What makes you different from every mammal?
    What’s the first word that comes to mind?
    Think about modern life. What’s the first word that comes to mind?
    Make a sentence or phrase that uses those words.
    My results from my quantum computer.
    Instinct,mindfulness,production
    I am most productive when I use instinct to guide mindfulness.
    What say you. I’m curious

KrusinWitchie, Phosphene and Jill A. like this.
  7. Mike David

8. Mike David

Took the dogs on a last walk for the week this morning. Headed to the catskill mountains for the week. Put down 15 oysters and 4 eggs for BAB. Chilled outback and listened to some good music while taking in the new day. Going to get some peace and quiet and check out some new untapped wilderness. Looking forward to some mountain sunrises. Going to do a lot of thinking and scheming while away see what new roads I can uncover. Going after this week to meet with my doc and get some hydrothermal magnetic plasma draw to see where I stand in my health optimization adventure. My CT tank should be arriving in the next couple of weeks that will help with my redox I’m sure. Can I get a six pack before school starts without doing one sit-up? We shall see. Havent watched tv in weeks that is a pretty big deal for me. Got my iPhone time down quite a bit but still room for improvement. I found out the boys have been playing fortnite till like 2-3 AM. Now when I head for the sack at 10 I confiscate the PlayStation and laptops. This should be my last post for the week have to prove to myself I can go 5 days without the internet. Been adopting the teachings of the Dalai Lama by helping others and donating a ton of stuff to pennridge fish a local nonprofit that helps needy families. I sat down with a homeless man and chatted for a bit he looked like he needed a friend. I gave him $5 and went on my way the dogs were very patient. I’ve been given so much in my short time on this rock,never asked for a dime, achieved everything through hard work. It’s amazing how the universe works if your hearts in the right place. It’s time to start giving back any way I can.

caroline, Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Good for you—enjoy. Maybe you’ll run into my sons who are currently kayaking somewhere up there off the grid.

Wanted to reply about the mammal thing. Was formulating a snazzy response in my head but should just spit out a few things and move on! :D:rolleyes:

The first thing that came to my mind was...mammary. As in breast feeding. Think it’s an absolute crime that it’s still looked upon as difficult, or inconvenient, or even shameful. There was no way in hell I wasn’t going to do it, and I did give my sons the gift of exclusive breast feeding until solids, then whenever they wanted till they weaned themselves in early toddlerhood. Some of the most joyful times of my life, and one of my greatest accomplishments. :)

Jenelle likes this.
  10. Mike David

I must be in a good place here in the mountains because my phone is on no service pretty much everywhere I go and the tuner in the car just keeps going when I press seek button. There’s a beautiful white horse in the field across the street during sunrise I just sit there and watch him. I went up bouchoux trail with the kids with tiny on my back a 3 mile hike up a nice steep grade then at the top of the mountain you got a majestic panoramic view with the Delaware river flowing through the mountains. Was raining this morning but I still did some “CT” in the pool. When tiny took a nap I took a trip up the mountain outback 3/4 of the way up I found an abandoned logging road ended up walking for over 2 hours. I’ve been getting some sun but not a lot due to the clouds but still spending much time outside and grounded chasing babies and reading. I’m getting good at finding my spot where I left off. No seafood oh well I’ll survive. I’ve been restricting the kids sugar intake best I can they haven’t thrown me overboard yet. Tomorrow it’s off to bethel woods otherwise known as the location of Woodstock looking forward to that.

Jenelle likes this.
  11. Mike David

Been spending some time on the outskirts of Estes Park CO. What an amazing place everywhere I look I see natural beauty untouched by the hand of man. Sitting outside in the morning in just shorts while it’s 45 degrees is so refreshing. Jump into the hot tub then air dry a couple of times is great. Hiking the mountain trails in beautiful RMNP is an eye opening experience. Sitting on the porch swing reading blogs and Native American accounts of war with US soldiers is even more eye opening. I am the only shirtless one on the trail people look at me like I’m nuts as they lather on the screen. Love the smell of the ponderosa pines 10000’ up. Haven’t even a hint of sunburn at this altitude. No shortage of breath as well this higher redox thing kicks ass. There gonna have to drag me outa here kicking and screaming. I apologize to Drezy but I did not forget that work will be done.

12. Mike David

I’ve come to realize just how similar Dr. Kruse is to my drill instructor in boot camp. They both know the consequences of not getting on board with their message is a painful untimely death. When I arrived to hells fury Chicago I stood there in front of the Chief Petty Officer as an individual and a very naive one at that. Chief took one look at me asked me a few questions and could see all my weekneses. He took his orders from a higher power and failure was not an option. For Dr. Kruse that higher power is Nature. Failure is also not an option for Dr. Kruse the consequences are death. Chief had to take 125 individuals from all walks of life and get them to step in unison in 13 short weeks. What a massive uphill battle this will prove to be. With trust in the process from the higher order and his wealth of life experience he had no concern that this task will be accomplished on time. He knew my thought and feelings were not congruent with his because I have not seen what he had. No time was wasted in letting me know how much that fact really pissed him off. Any time my thoughts or actions didn’t line up with his vision of me, he was not shy about demanding I knew it. The only difference hear is when Chief let me know,it was much more physically painful. When Dr. Kruse gives you the business it’s more mentally painful. How else would you perform brain surgery without a scalpel. The sooner my vision of myself lined up with Cheifs the easier everyday life was to navigate. The last year is no different. As time passed and visions aligned I came to find out Chief was a pretty cool and funny dude. He was not a mean old cuss like day one Mike had claimed. I never looked at Dr. Kruse as a mean old cuss just someone who was confident and wasn’t afraid to speak his mind under any circumstances. I hope one day to be able to meet Dr. Kruse in person to see for myself if he is a cool and funny dude. Amazingly after those short 13 weeks all 125 of us individuals were transformed into one cohesive tight knit unit. It’s no less of a feat to bring a lay person into the world of quantum biology and get them to be the ultimate individual. The ironic part hear is Dr. Kruse needs you to be more of an individual to survive in his world. Nobody will be shooting at you in civilian world. You must not listen to anybody but yourself in Dr. Kruse world. A world where normal and conformity to old ways is demanded and will get you killed, just more slowly and painfully than in Cheifs world. I have no less respect for Dr. Kruse than I had for Cheif after those 13 weeks. “Follow me through the dark swampy Forrest and I shall lead you to the lush green pastures of seemingly never ending life.” -Nature as told by Dr. Kruse. I thank you kind sir.

countingstarsx likes this.
  13. Mike David

Why did you come here in the first place? Why must you fall back on your Neolithic ways? The creature comforts of the past have been shown the light of day. They are the wolves in sheep clothing. What don’t you fucking understand about that truth little monkey. Think of the changes you already made and how much better you feel from them. Docs message has no holes you need to follow the message to a T. There’s no going back brotha. Your not smarter than Jack you can’t break any rules and get away with it for long. Your no spring chicken and all those bad decisions will catch up with you. How do you know you aren’t in a disease state right now. Yea you feel great and have more energy but conclusions can’t be made on blind faith. There’s a clear path to follow the great Doc has done all the heavy lifting for you. Talk is cheap actions speak louder than words. You must learn once and for all from the struggles of BD. What did his Neolithic brain get him how easy it is to forget when it no longer stares you in the face. This journey may be difficult at times sometimes it will go against intuition and bring your fears up from the depths they’ve been buried in. When the going gets tough optimal gets going old Neolithic monkeys cower in the corner and suck on their thumbs waiting for the storm to magically pass. Rise up Michael and meet the challenges of your modern existence head on. You have no choice in the matter. BD has tought you that lesson all too well.

drezy likes this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

Yeah low dopamine self needs loving kindness, patience, and an occasional ass kicking.

Mike David likes this.
  15. Mike David

The old way is going to go down kicking and screaming. Doing optimal in this modern world is like a recovering alcoholic keeping a bottle of vodka around for a rainy day. The rainy days are the most challenging. Mostly due to not getting a ton of sun or just not being outside doing whatever all time. I go on dog walks in the rain but I wear a shirt. I heard Dr. Kruse say O2 in the environment is increased during rain storms. You really don’t have to deal with that many days of constant rain where you can’t get outside, but these days stick out in my mind and are the most challenging. I love spending hours on end in the sun, I do a lot of yard work, go on twice daily dog walks and check out state and local parks. My sleep schedule is spot on asleep at 10 awake at 5-530. No alarms like clockwork sleep is very good and I’m energized in the Am. I found a closer place to see the sunrise so that’s a bonus. My evening walks coincide with the falling sun so I never miss that either. I have seafood with my eggs and bacon in the AM, just after sunrise mind altering reflection time. I have no problem not eating till like 4 when I make dinner, we get free blue aprons for 3 or 4 meals a week because they are advertising on the podcast. I can’t say I’m too particular about what I eat for dinner. It’s usually not a lot of whatever. Due to my sleep schedule and being outside a lot I don’t get much artificial light at all. I put my phone on the red screen all the time and have been working on using it less and less. I turn it off at least half the time. I do read blogs on it, I started a sort of half hearted approach to reading the blog and not enough was sticking. I started back at the first one and am reading all comments as well. No stone will be left unturned. When I get to them I will listen to webinars that coincide with the timing of the blog posts I’m reading. There’s quite a big gap to bridge here considering my complete lack of consideration for all things health related up to about 10 months ago. I’m quite confident in my ability to overcome large obstacles at this point in time. I fill the metal tub with hose water and sit in it for a half hour a night at 8-9 o’clock. This part of the day quite frankly sucks but whatever has to be done. I’m reading a lot more and my comprehension is getting better. I read more in the last month than I did from 18-36 years old. Not relying on tv or the internet helps with having time to read. I’ve never stuck with any one thing for very long in my past one of my downfalls I guess. But I’m still juicing to learn all about this quantum cell theory and quantum biology. My wife called it hoodoo voodoo internet bullshit. That did not bother me she won’t even look at material I give her. She spends almost every waking hour podcasting or on social media and smokes a pack a day. Like a freight train headed to the cliff. I see me from 2-3 years ago in her. Her emotional outbursts and overreactions have no effect on me any longer. When she tells me how shitty she feels I tell her to drink more water and get into the sun. That doesn’t go over well but I feel like I have to give the best advice I can. The kids are addicted to laptops and playstation so I play the bad guy and institute restrictions on them. Doing schoolwork at home with them helps keep them off the juice. Can’t help but imagine just how horrible the environment is to be in at school. Much worse than when I was there. When I find out what there studying I make them question everything. Half at least what they teach is a joke. Homeschooling sounds better and better every day the shooter drills and cameras everywhere are affecting them psychologically. A strong curiosity is not something that came naturally for me. I think learning how much bullshit experts try to feed you and possibly doing something you think is helpful actually be harmful fuels my curiosity. Seeking truth and understanding of this backwards mixed up world is what gets me out of bed in the morning. Smelling out the bullshit is my mission I will no longer act until I have a good sound answer to why. People I speak to daily have a lot of fears but can provide little as far as answers. I limited to a great extent my contact with bullshit by cutting out tv and most of internet. What I found at Dr. Kruse website is truth down to the core. My seed is planted here and from here my flower will bloom.

Phosphene and Ski coach like this.
  16. Mike David

Going great following Dr. Kruses lead. Keep it coming. I thought to myself today Dr. Kruse uses Facebook to try to bring people to the site. I think I can help in this way to to try to bring people to the site. I can share his posts on my feed but I only have like 20 or so friends and they all have gotten a lot of his messages already. Sooo I see a post regarding health related recommendations and I see my chance to strike. I drop some Dr. Kruse outside the box knowledge send links (only ones that can be attained with a simple google search) and let the mud fly. I don’t care about the critics and there are plenty of them quite creative sometimes but low and behold there are reasonable inquiries of curious people who are not know it alls and just maybe can get outside the box. These are my targets. I drop the site link and hope for the best. Most people and insanely ignorant and I could care less about there incoherent reactions. If just one person comes here to be educated I feel good about doing it. I told a bunch of diabetics there’s a potential cure for them and they may not have to rely on insulin shots till the day they die. I took a good brow beating for this one too but who gives a shit what they think. It’s all about finding that one nonsheeple in the abyss that might be able to save themselves. Dr. Kruse if you do not agree with this methodology for any reason just say it and I will stop. Sometimes I get crazy ideas and don’t see all the angles. If not I will continue from time to time to take my brow beating like a man and hope for the best.

Phosphene likes this.
  17. Mike David

The more the leaves drop the less harder I have to try to get the first morning sun. I can get it at the playground right down the street. Getting a little chillier in the AM. Still spend most my days outside chasing the little guy around and reading. I’m looking for a sparsely populated place on the western side of North Carolina as a possible landing spot. Got a ton of work to do on the house to get it ready for sale. Shooting for next spring. Have to talk the wife out of moving to Colorado. Looking for a place with at least an acre. Still chewing on different ideas for a career choice once the little guy starts going to school. I think about this a lot. Pretty soon I’ll be going all meat and seafood to see if I can get through the winter without putting on the usual 20-30 pounds. The more I learn about these once alien subjects the more ideas I’m able to tie together. Like seeing the Forrest through the trees by shaking the leaves. So beautiful around here in the fall. You pick up little nuggets of information here and there that allows you to make slight adjustments to get you closer to optimal. I spend a lot more time these days in silent reflection embracing the silence to think more clearly.

Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  18. Mike David

As I sit here on my yard swing and stare at my feet I still am not used to tan feet. They look like someone else’s feet I never had tan feet. I took the little man to the doctor and this is what she said. Your putting sunscreen on my man right? Probably noticing his epic baby tan. My non confrontational personality immediately blurred out yup. Thinking my logical explanation could never see its way through the layers of conformational bias the conversation about trying to give my one year old cancer stopped there. The dentist gave me a script for antibiotics after he yanked a molar as a precaution against infection. I took the script from him and filled it the full bottle sits there permanently unopened. I took my ass outside and opened wide. I thought to myself what would that guy have said if I told him I don’t need the script I spend most my time outside in sunlight so my redox potential can probably handle any infection. Well I’m sure he didn’t have the time to enter into the details of such conversation and he might then be worried I might get an infection and not use his magic pills. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. That thing healed up nicely. About 3 times a week I have a seafood smorgasbord for breakfast. This morning was a 5oz. Salmon filet,15 mussels, 15 clams, 2 farm fresh eggs. The eggs in the container are not all the same size wonder if eggs are wasted because of their size. Where the hell did people get the idea their food had to be “pretty” and symmetrical. Time for the 3 dogs and a stroller dog walk. One last thing some people say hi to the dogs some say hi to the baby first very few say hi to me first a third don’t say shit. But the people that engage always acknowledge me as I’m the only one able to interact with them. Yesterday this couple emphatically said hi to the dogs then after I said hi they both gave me a cold blank stare and kept walking. It was like a stare that said we don’t speak human we speak dog. Do they make cute little dog sounds when there trying to figure out what to do for dinner?

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  19. Mike David

Finally got sun for sunrise for the first time this week. Plan for today is get all the sun. Finally the sun has showed its face this feels so wonderful I feel like celebrating. Went to bed early last night like 2030. Still got up at 0530. Little man is running around like a wild man these days. Not much time for much else now that he can get around so good. Nap time is reading time for me. Becoming comfortable with the still silence of my thoughts. Best is when the silence leads to no thought then the ideas start to manifest. Thinking of becoming a dog walker when tiny grows up and goes to school. It can lead to some kind of doggie daycare. These things are gold mines in my neck of the woods. I’ll get to spend most of my time outside and be able to hire somebody to do the computer/office work. I think I just threw up in my mouth with that thought sorry give me a minute. I’ll start just walking them for now but that is years in the future. Mornings are around 55 now out there in shorts feels a little more like CT. I shiver my balls off when CTing uncontrollably. Joints get stiff and fatigued I have to go to my happy place to calm things down then it slowly starts again. Meditation practice helps with my CT. I’ve been able to get a lot of the housework done before the sun rises now. When I wake up I get right to work. Then while the sun is out I can play outside. Lunch is out so I just have to make tiny something when he gets hungry. Dinner is usually at 5. I made a chart of chores so the kids have to earn every last minute they spend on laptops and computers. I’m the electronics nazi. My wife on the other hand is on the computer or social media pretty much every waking moment. It’s a total social media addiction it posses much of her free from work thought. Even while playing on the floor with tiny she’s on the phone texting shit. Readings on the meter in her office are off the charts. She spends almost no time outside only to come talk to us but that phone is never far. She complains about stupid little things that annoy her and can hardly handle any real life drama. I guess her drama handling is all used up on social media. I used to be like that an angry asshole yelling and whatnot. Now I speak softly and allow my words to carry the big stick. How silly it is worrying all the time. I can’t let things I can’t control bother me anymore. If someone wants to pop off at the mouth and try to tell me much of what I’ve been studying for the last year is complete nonsense I can’t control that. I just recently started to realize how much hogwash is in the climate change model. I really thought this was the defining paradox of our lifetimes one can be so blind when they aren’t seeking the truth. Most just want to be agreed with. I enjoy disagreeing it makes me happy when I can disagree and challenge somebodies thought this simple and sound explanations and questions. The more you know the more you realize you don’t know. Anybody who claims to know a lot doesn’t understand shit. They often times know a lot about a very narrow window of subjects and are surprisingly blind to the big picture. I always told my prospective employer at a job interview I know a little of everything but I’m not the expert at anything. A little grows a little every day. That is how I operated my business. Those big electrical companies have there little expert divisions where a guy would just do residential everyday they are completely lost in any other setting (throw up in my mouth). One day I’ll be in an old ladies attic another I’ll be hooking up capacitors to a 4000 amp distribution center talk about EMF. I wired dentist offices fixed runway lights fixed motors and hooked up VFD. If it was something new I underbid the job so I could learn. What I liked the most was troubleshooting. This is an art anybody can tear a bunch of shit apart and get lucky by replacing the right thing. The art is to do the least amount to find the core issue. To study every last detail until an obvious path presents itself it’s like the wires talk to you if you ask them how and what there doing. Well that is a closed chapter now never going back to that EMF existence.

20. Mike David

Getting my three hours of tv for the week. GO BIRDS!

Phosphene likes this.