1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My optimal journey

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Mike David, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

I live in Perkasie PA in a single family home on 1 acre of land. My ancestors come mostly from Germany which is about the same latitude as me. My population density is about 700 per sq. Mi. My mom is pretty much healthy just had some heart trouble a few years back probably from a shit diet. She is currently on no medications 60 years young. Grand mom lived to 81 died of a heart attack also had macular degeneration. I personally haven’t seen a doc in about 5 years feel really healthy. I’m 6’1 210 lb. looking to get to 190. That’s down from like 230lb 3 mo. Ago. I worked as an electrician for the past 15 years stopped last August to be stay at home dad not going back. I drank about 60 oz. of coffee a day smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and smoked weed every day just about. Was outside very little and never connected to ground. Ironic being that I was an electrician. Luckily last August I started listening to Jack Kruse podcasts that started me on the right track. I weighed about 240 lbs. and ate a horrible diet. I had joint pain every day but still slept good but couldn’t remember shit forgot things a lot. I no longer have any pain skin cleared up white spots on nails are gone and started dreaming again. Took a lot of teeth pulling figuratively and literally to get here. Still working on the last couple teeth problems. I told myself I wasn’t going to become a member till I quit smoking and coffee and started eating right. I’m happy to report I’m now a member! Haven’t worn socks in like 2 months and shoes minimally. My mental clarity is exponentially better don’t have to right everything down to remember. Starting to really catch what Jack is throwing at me but a long way to go on that. I heard pretty much all the podcasts twice read 7 of the recommended books and countless hours on the forum. Now I can add the blog and webinars to the list.

Jill A., Billybats, Phosphene and 3 others like this.
  2. Mike David

This morning woke up at 5 grabbed a mountain valley water and walked to the cemetery barefoot just shorts where I can see the sunrise. Got back at 630 cooked up 3 locally grown eggs and 4 pieces of bacon with 2 cups of locally grown kale. I hit the local farm up twice a week. Then off on my daily dog walk through the park shoes go on for that because it’s paved and I push a stroller with three dogs. Then I sat in the backyard listening to webinar for 2 hours with the boy. Really getting used to the heat. I rotate in and out of the shade but remain connected. I’ll eat 30 longneked clams in bacon fat with turmeric also 1 cup kale at like one o’clock. Most days I don’t eat again. Then bedtime with the sun after some reading. Working on a good CT setup that’s next on the list. I drink 3 or 4 mountain valleys every day. Go right back outside after lunch/dinner. Every day at like 5 go on another dog walk.

3. Mike David

One other thing I take a two minute cold shower and dunk my face in ice water every day no set time just make sure I do it. That’ll change with the CT setup (see Drezy CT experiment).

4. Mike David

This says a lot about my relationship with nature and my new optimal journey

Jill A. and Phosphene like this.
  5. Mike David

I cry sometimes with this song. I guess it really hits home.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome to journal land Mike ..... I love your story of awakening!

Mike David likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

love, love, love this song - thanks for sharing....

Mike David likes this.
  8. Mike David

Thanks Caroline I need all the support I can get.

caroline likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been bopping around all day to that song.....in danger of driving certain people in my life crazy!

He does love it too - thank goodness! Today is my stepson's birthday and I sent it to him too.

Mike David likes this.
  10. Mike David

My little mitochondriac turns one today. He will never know any other way thanks to the timing of me finding Jack. Was at the in laws yesterday and overheard a conversation between the wife and mom inlaw. “What tv shows does he watch does he like the backyardigans”. Wife-“he doesn’t ever watch tv he’s always outside with Mike”. Mind blown yup there’s a better way.

11. Mike David

Now if I can get the other three indoor monkeys on board I will have done my job.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

Stick with it. Lay down the template and live it.

I've read so much history and so many other written works to try to understand what redemption is,if it exists, and what makes a man redeemable.

Focusing away from all that and realizing that another person is looking up to you may ironically be the most redemptive thing that you and I will ever experience. While positively influencing another I can scrub up my own existence.

13. Mike David

Good stuff Drezy. The pool was closed today because it was too hot. Seriously that makes no sense. But I’ve been out all day with a one year old mind you perfectly content. There were actually times today when I was playing with all three monkeys at the same time. That was cool.

Billybats, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  14. Mike David

Initially I started listening to webinars starting from the first. This was the way in which I had become accustomed to consuming this info. Also the little monkey in my head prefers video to written as a medium of new info. Assimilation. The reality is the blog is where it’s at. Just have to slap that little guy around a little and tell him no that’s not the best way. Will take much longer but what doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger. My goal in embarking on this programming of a massive amount of new info. is to make better connections in real life in real time based on what I know and to better explain to others who want to listen. If it took Jack 18 months to assimilate the info. I know I will be taking a big bite of humble pie. If I never give up it will never be more than I can chew just have to chew slowly.

Phosphene likes this.
  15. Mike David

My local giant sucks for seafood. Gonna look around a little better and find a good source for my seafood better than the wegmans. Wegmans works for now though.

16. Mike David

This explains how Einstein got D’s in school. Then became the A student of them all.

Jill A. likes this.
  17. Mike David

The rewilding project:
    5:00 GTFU bro, cold face dunk,quicky cold shower
    5:30-6:00 drive to cemetery view the sunrise and take in the day with conscious breathing exercises
    6:00-7:00 prepare BAB consume BAB. Strict epipaleo rx foods
    7:00-10:00 yard swing. Blog consumption on printed documents. Grounded 100%
    10:00-11:30 dog Walk sneakers with rubber cut off and hole cut for front foot to ground contact. No blacktop. Discovering new paths.listen to old webinars. April 2016 was a real brain teaser you were right Drezy.
    11:30-1:30 monkey duties
    1:30-3:00 review blog consumption reflect in the back yard while grounding
    3:00-5:00 outdoor activities
    5:00-6:00 chow time. Epipaleo rx style. Don’t overdue it.
    6:00-8:00 dog walk. See above. Start fire.
    8:00-10:00 blog consumption. Chill out talk. In the backyard.
    10:00 lights out

Will see how much modern life can take me out of optimal. Ground rules. No data usage outside of webinars and printing blogs. Like the playlist idea for only using data one time then they are stored somewhere not sure how to playlist webinars will be looking into that. Will have to make runs to the staples to print blogs. I can only turn the light switch off. Rig something up for the bed Connected to the earth directly without the wife knowing. Her intuition will kick in when she gets better sleep then I will tell her why. She’s on the blue light constantly podcasting and tweeting and sleeps near her phone. The benefits of sleeping in the same bed at this point in time outweigh the side effects. I think grounding the bed is a huge thing. I got up at four and peed my brains out. Wonder if I drink too much water to be woken up like that not cool man. Found I’ve been analyzing my stool I deal with poop a lot actually with dogs cats and one year old. I even get to see the other kids poop half the time they forget to flush. Digging that Bristol stool chart. I wonder if the poop chart applies to pets too. Caution TMI : If so there normal and I’m more fiber. Can’t help it. I get one big one every morning. Protocol=8 weeks. At this time I will evaluate the situation and get some labs. Thanks Dr. Kruse.

Phosphene, Billybats and drezy like this.
  18. Mike David

Today I did a speeze into the sun rays. The heavy particles fell to the ground but about 10 little spit particles were vibrating and not moving about. This went on for 5-10 seconds then vanished. These were not sun spots I am well adjusted to sunlight. I was looking at a huge spider web in the sun. Every detail was apparent. Little parts were broken but the design was interesting. The area of the elongated rectangles increased ever so gradually as it went from the open center. I pictured electrons dancing around on this intricate web design. Compartmentalizations is necessary in breaking down complexity but only beneficial when there is communication with the whole.

Phosphene likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

Robert_Brown_(botanist).jpg

Oops pardon Dr Brown, here is a link to his work:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownian_motion

You'll see the concept in the blogs it was one of the launch points from newtonian motion to statistical distributions and random walks.

Edit: You may get a kick out of the fact that the description for the motion was once "The Drunken Sailors walk". I figured that might be extra descriptive based on your past experiences.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Phosphene and Mike David like this.
  20. Mike David

Good one. Works for taking down all this info.