1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by DebraGM, Apr 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

I think 20 mins x 3 times per day is generally accepted for the larger panels, at a distance of 2 feet from the panel - I think more time for the smaller light though.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. Hi Charmane, Im sorry - I have only just seen this post. RE the mag and vit d - I had to stop in the end, after about 3 weeks, because the side effects showed up again... hyperactivity, anxiety etc. But I did manage to take it for a longer period of time than before I added the mag in to the protocol.

The Cite was this video from Dr Eric Berg:

Let us now how you got on.

John Schumacher, JanSz and Charmane like this.
  4. Charmane

Charmane New Member

Thank you! For both the cite and the update on how adding magnesium had worked out for you. Did you manage to test whether that "longer period of time" helped bring up your blood levels?

Matt Fowler likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Easy to say take magnesium. @Matt Fowler
    I have a test that shows me insufficient magnesium.
    I have muscle cramps that go away a few minutes after taking magnesium.
    But
    when I start taking magnesium regularly, I get regular diarrhea.
    It is not easy to live and constantly guess, is that a little gas that I will pass and all will be ok, or should I run to the bathroom for #2.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  6. @JanSz - Have you had the same problem with https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-magtein-magnesium-l-threonate?

Charmane, Matt Fowler and JanSz like this.
  7. No problem. I didnt get around to testing yet. Im thinking i might bite the bullet and get a sperti to try. I never feel bad when getting Vit D from sunlight, so fingers crossed the sperti will help.

Ive started using a mitogen red light panel this week and I feel calmer and more relaxed - so maybe its a low testosterone issue, or just some really crap ATP production.

Perhaps a combination of Sperti and a red light unit would be good. Next to an open door/window perhaps

Charmane likes this.
  8. Yes, its important to consider side effects when trying stuff. My whole health issue is a side effect of psoriasis creams I was given since birth. (And yet, 2 years ago, I cured 90% of my psoriasis via diet alone so I never really needed the stuff )

Have you tried upping your dietary magnesium?

Charmane likes this.
  9. Charmane

Charmane New Member

I'm thinking "vitamin D" is a very, very complex "hormonal networking" issue. Right now, sunlight is all that's working for me, and recently, my job has gotten more demanding and I'm outdoors about half the time that I was outside last year. I recently tried a near infrared session, but I doubt the effects will last without regular treatment. I am most frustrated at how few people see that Western society has collectively managed to block its people from the Sun. There are no "health"-oriented tanning places and infrared treatment is mostly aimed at weight-loss and pain-relief. The optimization of health in general is a "novel idea" to too, too many people. So I keep hacking through the weeds, it seems...

Matt Fowler and Richard Watson like this.
  10. Charmane

Charmane New Member

JanSz, I'm curious as to why you recommend this form of magnesium in particular?
    Right now, I'm using a transdermal magnesium (but I admit I too often forget to grab it and use it: sadly, I am better about swallowing pills).

11. Question: Do you put high dose magnesium chloride in your cold therapy bath for a minimum of 20 minutes daily?

12. A randomised controlled trial comparing the efficacy of micellised and fat-soluble vitamin D3 supplementation in healthy adults
    https://sci-hub.se/10.1017/S0007114518003215
    doses of 60000 IU showed no hypercalcaemia nor hypercalciuria​

Even though micellized D3 maybe superior, having your D3 blood levels over 100 have not shown to be harmful.

Richard Watson likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That was actually @John Schumacher recommending it to me.
    I happen to try magnesium-Threonate previously, just a different brand.
    Possibly I am taking too much, and have to slow it down a little bit.
    My many (5) decade's problems, that were newer solved properly by any doctor (MD or DO) got tackled by @DrEttinger in one short piece of advice.
    But I have to either:
    1. workout my own dose
    or
    2. maybe there are more stories that are yet to be uncovered.

3. I am taking numerous supplements. Possibly some are removing my magnesium.
    Does anything ring the bell?

upload_2021-10-23_14-42-14.png

Charmane likes this.
    • Dietary fibre, despite its pronounced health benefits, slightly lowers the absorption rate of magnesium.
    • In addition, beverages containing phosphoric acid (pop or soda, diet pop), and aspartame will prevent the absorption of magnesium.
    • Additionally, the consumption of large amounts of calcium, vitamin D and zinc all decrease magnesium absorption.

Richard Watson and Charmane like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hey @John Schumacher
    what would you make (if anything) about my Mg (low magnesium)
    knowing this:

This is the (DUTCH) doctor's statement on his webinar
    upload_2021-10-23_15-55-33.png

This is my test result:
    upload_2021-10-23_16-0-26.png

This is my magnesium test result
    Note that only on my latest test I am low on magnesium,
    but for years I have had muscle cramps (that are immediately resolved after I take a magnesium pill).

upload_2021-10-23_16-7-39.png

15. Charmane

Charmane New Member

To be honest, I had not heard that magnesium is better absorbed in cold conditions (meaning "CT," not "weather"... although maybe that, too?)... Good to know.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  16. Charmane

Charmane New Member

None of these apply to my lifestyle, I'm happy to say.

John Schumacher likes this.
  17. Charmane

Charmane New Member

Don't know if you'd read my earlier posts. The problem is I have reacted very, very badly to 4 different vitamin D3 (very different formulations) so far. Exogenous supplementation somehow makes my health not even neutrally unchanging, but decidedly worse. I've been looking for light therapies or other exogenous possibilities in general. Right now my resources have me combing through endocrinology (I have so much to read!). For now, my goal is to work on optimizing hormone "communication" and balance, and hoping I can better utilize sunlight... and maybe, one day, actually be able to ingest a D3 supplement without fear (my infrared therapist enthusiastically gave me four capsules of "the best" physician-available-only brand as a sample, and I refuse to even touch the baggie until the growing light of Spring. And I just might return to good old fashioned fermented cod liver oil... :/

I got into this conversation because I was intrigued at the possibility that magnesium supplementation might help stop or block my tendency to have bad reactions to exogenous D3.

John Schumacher likes this.
  18. Charmane

Charmane New Member

Just "woke up" to the fact that all of this had originally to do with Debra GM's Optimal Journal entry.
    I should probably become more aware of exactly where I'm posting things... :/
    Apologies for complicating the thread...

19. We are taught that heat opens the skin's pores; however, Hot water causes the skin to eliminate rather than absorb.

However, since time is of short supply (over the last six & half decades for me), I often try to stack the protocols.
    Just like daily exercise can be a stress to the body, cold therapy is a hormonal stress, forcing a leptin release from our fat cells
    Since we have no studies showing a reduction in trans-dermal mineral absorption in colder water, I find I like a feel of the rise in pH, a softer alkaline "touch".