1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by KrusinWitchie, Jun 28, 2018.

1. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Everything was fine with my cat allergies until I had some cheez-it’s. Lesson reinforced and cool observation duly noted.

The cat is an orange one and is really funny to watch play/snuggle with the dogs. Laughter is my medicine for now.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

3. drezy

drezy New Member

Take close note. This is your cheap redox test.

I didn't realize it at the time but a "Family Size" bag of BBQ chips at 10PM back when I was 27 was my first redox indicator. I woke up with creaky joints for the first time and embarked on a journey that lead here.

Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  4. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

I’m glad my redox alarms went off before I finished the whole box.

I told FH that you used donuts to get your son to consistently do CT. I think it helped him grasp the scope of the benefits and also highlighted how poorly I was explaining things. Does he still get his donut rations?

5. drezy

drezy New Member

He is no longer interested in the donuts. Maybe once a year on vacations.

I let him eat crap food on and off in the past year. I started writing predictions on his skin status (pimples) two days out. His skin is usually perfect except when he eats the junk. It's his dead giveaway. He's a 13 year old boy and appearance means a lot to him.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Ginger tabby! :)

Mine thought the dachshund was another cat and would wrestle and groom her. I thought for sure the dog would be sad and lonely when the last cat departed but she didn’t seem one bit bothered. Despite her size she’s definitely an alpha and relishes being queen of her domain now. Pets are just an essential part of my life, though a complication for travel.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  7. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

I can’t think of any gift from a parent that a teenager would want more than a pimple-free adolescence. I admire the style that you parent. It seems that there are powerful lessons when he feels like he has freedom to choose the course of cause and effect. And all along the way, there you are for support. That’s a really beautiful thing.

Phosphene likes this.
  8. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

I started a pet sitting business when I was 8. Made it official with invoices and an ever-changing custom Word Art logo. I never had a cat but most of my clients were cats whose owners frequently traveled. This meant frequent pus crusted eyes and a snotty booger face for me. Despite the allergies I couldn’t ignore the cuddles.

Now that I know I have a much better control over the allergies, my first order of business once we move into the farm is to get a cat. Mainly to entertain my dog. That’s her in the picture pretending like she isn’t absolutely freaked out that she is laying within outstreched paw distance from the cat. She’s a terrier mutt from the Bronx who acts like a cat herself. I am almost more inclined to get her genetic testing done before mine :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy New Member

You kind of just make this stuff up as you go, though reading Piaget, Erikson, Vygotsky sure helps.

For little ones I think there's a value to emphasizing ideation(w/a dash of socratic dialog) over rote learning/lecture and fast failure(+failure recovery) over attempts/expectations at/of perfection.

I keep ACV + bentonite clay on hand for breakouts. That, sunlight, and CT seem to work like a charm for complexion.

I think the issue is related to your cheez-it / cat allergy. Both the skin and the tummy are epithelial cells. Leaky gut and horizontal gene transfer are joined at the hip in my studies so far. So leaky gut (aka autophagy & apoptosis misfire in the tummy lining) and concomitant allergies are as much, if not more, a feature than a bug. They're just not so enjoyable a feature or any use to the current generation.

Note: I always laugh at products with cheese misspelled. They don't even have to have any actual cheese in it to legally pass as cheez. You're still young but I'd recommend trying to buy nothing in a box or bag just for a month long experiment at some point. Seafood, meats, onions, garlic, spices. Worth a shot at some point.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  10. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Not “allowed” to bring up anything emf related until Sunday to FH o_O

Many more layers to that onion.

11. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Wishing my dopamine was a wee bit higher right now.

12. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

You know it’s real when your man gets you swooning just by telling you he thinks your redox has improved.

Sheddie, Mike David and Phosphene like this.
  13. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

That’s great. My wife rolls her eyes at the thought of using that word.

Sheddie likes this.
  14. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

It is great. I imagine it is tough with a partner who is more hairy eyeball than perfect black box radiator. I still get a healthy dose of hairy eyeballs though.

Phosphene and Mike David like this.
  15. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

I’ll check them boys out, thanks.

Totes agree. In my linguistic class at community college I was taught that these methods applied to story telling/reading leads to the greatest reading comprehension skills in kids. Applied to the story of life=optimal!

When I was unknowingly exposed to this in my immediate work area-
    BA73E391-0EAD-4377-959B-C1D7DBC4A375.jpeg

I was using ACV and bentonite clay religiously to keep cystic acne at bay and recall getting compliments on my skin. It had to be the ACV and clay cause I was vegan at the time :eek: . Whippin it out again, thank you.

I can thank the feature for slapping me in the face when I needed it to, with your help!

Damn marketing lol. I used to pride myself on never falling victim to Cheez-Whiz. Unfortunately I made up for it in cheez-it’s. Opening this family’s cabinets was like a horrifying blast to the past and triggered some lovely self-sabotaging behavior. This experiment is long overdue and I’m the only one getting in its way. I hypothesize my skin issues will recede. Doi.

drezy likes this.
  16. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

C38B3A60-0AF6-454C-949E-33D9BDBF4885.jpeg In July we flew down to Kissimmee, FL to pick up FH’s daughter and stayed for a week with friends. We stayed at the farm that FH spent 10 years growing up on with a family that essentially adopted him. I cooked for them for the week and taught them how to prepare the dishes I was making. I got to meet FH’s entire second family and they welcomed me like they already knew me. I met a friend for the first time, the girlfriend of FH’s bro/best friend. We got her and her 6 year old son to eat raw oysters! It was awesome... just knowing how big of a change that was and that he dove in like it was no biggie. I think FH had a role to play there because kids adore him and think he is just the coolest.

It was also a heartbreaking experience because Orlando was due to get 5G in the fall. I’m pretty sure it’s already been deployed. My new friend is 26 years old, same age as me, and has already had to go through ovarian cancer treatment in addition to the overdose death of the father of her children. I have no friends that are my age because.. reasons. I don’t want to lose this one but I also know I can’t uproot this entire family. She texted me today that she has fungus on her fingernail that she’s never had before... 5G woes. I told her to soak a cottonball in borax water to treat it.

The patriarch of the family, who raised my partner, is 60 and is in a nursing home after having 6 strokes. He is not in good shape. I got to meet him while we were there. He grabbed my hand and told me I was beautiful. It is going to be a hard winter for many and I shouldn’t, but I worry about the things I can’t control.

Phosphene likes this.
  17. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

It will be a few months before I am living in a house that has ethernet, so until then I won’t be updating my journal. Where I live now there is no internet, so I’ve been using my cellular data to check in. I also go to my parents house and use their wifi but it is not worth the trouble for me. As soon as I step inside their house my face flushes and I want to eat naughty things. Now that the weather has changed I really can’t afford nnEMF nonsense.

Slept outside for about a month, and then inside for the past two weeks. I ran into some trouble with water coming up through the bottom of the tent, and the three down comforters I was using as a mattress was not sustainable. I’m currently sewing a big ol sack to fill with seedless winter rye straw from a guy that isn’t using pesticides. I’ll use this as my mattress which will allow me to pick a better location for the tent. Where it was previously was over top of some squishy moss that made for a nice sleeping surface but apparently was not a good pick for rainy days.

Our bodies got “hard” sleeping outside. We are both side sleepers and developed some extra muscle, it seems, in that nook on your side between your buttcheek, upper thigh muscle and love handle. After noticing this I did some light research and learned that the Japanese say that if you sleep on a cloud your body will get soft. I also can’t seem to get the room cold enough inside despite it dipping into the 20s at night... lots of tossing and turning. All of the beds in the house are near the smart meter, too.

Last month I made a big effort to chill with the teeth clenching. Id be falling asleep, clenching, and also if I was using a knife or smashing garlic (very often). Apparently I am grinding my teeth again since coming back inside to sleep.

Haven’t done CT in the lake for a while. I will need to slowly ease back in as the temps have dropped considerably. I know sleeping outside will get me there. We keep the house at a nice 48F, mostly because it is a Rennai forced hot air heater that sucks the life right out of my nasal passages.

Found pastured leaf lard for 2$/lb nearby that will become a big big staple for us this winter. Still struggling to figure out how to consume all of the fat we need.

In order to save $ I’ve got to figure out how to fish brown trout. Never fished before. Will most likely be looking like a dingbat out on a kayak with a fishing rod getting manhandled by trout pretty soon.

Trying to score a consistent supply of mackerel heads too. I’ve got a blender container waiting especially for those MHS.

My dog has shown me up in all things optimal. She’s been eating raw frozen whole fish for months now. I find it very entertaining to be outside watching her eat in the morning. I sit on my slippers and put my feet on the ground, listening to her little chompers destroy the fishy.

Mike David and Phosphene like this.
  18. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

My boyfriend just broke up with me. He is uncomfortably living one foot in one foot out. He won’t recharge when he comes home. He is on his phone despite warnings from his employer that he’s using too much data. He’s enraged when I invite him to watch the sun rise. He’s enraged when I remind him not to look at his phone while he’s eating. He admitted how much he misses the sun and talks about plans to move south within a few years... so why can’t he see that it’s not me, that it’s our environment?

I am really really really exhausted by the people in my life. Dysfunctional family, dysfunctional relationship, dysfunctional relationship with myself. And I allow all of it, which is the worst part.

I want to know myself in a better place, which is what keeps me going. For now I’m losing touch with myself. It’s hard for me to string sentences together, I am nearly incoherent except for when I am fighting with SO. I can’t pick which version of myself is the right one.

19. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

D15B5AEE-462A-4E50-9A38-585B500F0703.jpeg What the majority of my “sunrises” have looked like. Beautiful, but not enough.

20. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Wah wah wah. Ugh.