1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Optimal Journal 2018

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Alison N, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Alison N

Alison N Gold

I wasn't given any estrogen from my doctor despite it being low. I'm finding contradictory information if it's beneficial.. could cause excessive weight or tissue growth.. but I might get the Bi Est myself and monitor my levels. I'm going to up the Prometrium as well. Cycle went from ~40 ish days to 32, less pain, better mood. The first month I saw some improvement but not enough to make me go wow. Sex drive also dropped, arousal and ability to orgasm all dropped.. this is a new symptom.. I read through Jacks notes again and saw it's all about Free T3 & T4. I reduced Lugols this whole month to re-check baseline thyroid.. don't have results yet, but I'm betting this is related.

I bought the DHEA cream but I'm not sure whether it's wise to use it. My DHEA-S is low, not sulfating.. but my androgens are high. Might I make this situation worse? I already eat a lot of pork and seafood, daily.. and liver and sulfur vegetables, so I just started adding in MSM.. but it could still be very high levels of inflammation causing low DHEA-S levels.

2. Alison N

Alison N Gold

>>>> This! answered my own question

Women tend to use 7 KETO form and men use the regular form. Why? 7 KETO is not converted to estrogen or testosterone, so maybe safely used in hormone dependent issues like PCOS.

I get so lost in all of my notes from these blogs and the answers are floating around me everywhere..

3. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Well going off iodine completely certainly made my thyroid situation worse. If it was causing antibodies to begin with, I SHOULD have seen some type of decrease. I need to be much more vigilant about wearing a scarf around my neck and protecting this gland from light, especially at my job.

Attached Files:

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

On post #1 you posted:
    TSH: 5.3
    FT4: 1.0
    FT3: 2.0
    Now, going off iodine completely you got this:
    upload_2018-7-30_15-53-52.png
    ===========================
    Either way you have low FreeT3
    But you were better of with Lugol's.
    You may also want to get up to 3 grains of NTH (Natural Thyroid Hormone from pigs).
    But for that to work you need cortisol. (If you have no other choice think of 6mg medrol)(it is long acting, time of the day of taking it does not matter), (May occasionally double that dose on individual days when stressed.)

Good equatorial sunlight could do wonders.
    But at least work on your mornings, your morning cortisol sucks. (When desperate, think medrol).

upload_2018-7-30_16-0-59.png

Attached Files:

5. Alison N

Alison N Gold

I just got the SPERTI. So far about 6 minutes I get a bit red with it.. working on bumping up my D as well as spending more time in the sun. I'll think about the Medrol.

Around June my TSH was 0.06, FT3 3.9 and FT4 1.69 but TGAB was 6.4 and TPO was 37. It's now worse all around, but it was BETTER since January. (TSH around 5).

On lugols, I was taking about 123 mg per day up until June when I slowly weaned off.

The past week I'm taking 12.5 mg but I don't feel too much.... still tired.. so I'm trying to figure out what my daily intake should be, which I feel best at.

I'll add in red lights to my thyroid as well.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Keep in mind that you are still suspect on Lyme and Mold.
    You wrote:
    Then chronic fatigue set in, had all the positive mold labs including the HLA-mold-susceptible genotype. Also positive for Lyme (2015). I moved in 2016 from one very bad apartment (within 15 minutes I would be completely stupefied in that environment) to a new on.
    -------------
    Per @Jack Kruse
    the best for that are tropics.
    I think second best would be:
    at the minimum
    good shape of your own natural cortisol levels over 24 hrs.
    (that is medrol is only highly temporary measure).
    And
    good amounts of FreeT3 (level = to the laboratory top level or slightly higher)

Good that you got SPERTI.
    I hope it is RED one.

Red Sperti is a best (known to me) artificial source of UVa and UVb.
    You can use it in two ways.

First
    from very close distance (touching the lamp), gradually develop tolerance for 32 minutes daily exposure (timer turn fully 2x).
    That would be in addition to 10AM to 2PM sunlight, when you are working to get vit D, in Portland OR, USA

Second
    As a source of UVa (black light) --->(melatonin)
    turn it on frequently during the day when you in the room with it.
    That would be to supplement your morning sun exposure.
    Similar to exposure restaurant crew got.
    "Well of the Sea," in the basement of the Hotel Sherman in Chicago.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Alison N and Sheddie like this.
  7. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Bone density appears normal. I was worried I might be osteopenic.

Attached Files:

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get also Calcium Score test.
    Agatston Calcium Score
    -----
    Agatston score is a semi-automated tool to calculate a score based on the extent of coronary artery calcification detected by an unenhanced low-dose CT scan, which is routinely performed in patients undergoing cardiac CT.

Alison N likes this.
  9. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Yikes, thank you drezy! You are so kind and I'm not even paying attention over here.

Let me start over --

I'm considering ways to fix these osteophytes and spinal surgery is one option.. but is there any way to reverse them using magnetism? Can they go away naturally or is laser removal the only way?

Attached Files:

10. drezy

drezy Gold

Now do me the favor of deleting this portion of your above post:
    "Yikes, thank you drezy! You are so kind and I'm not even paying attention over here.

Let me start over --"

Otherwise people will start thinking I'm nice.

Alison N likes this.
  11. Alison N

Alison N Gold

oh-im-sorry-i-forgot-to-clarify-the-fact-that-im-not-a-nice-person--94ef9.png

drezy likes this.
  12. Alison N

Alison N Gold

D-Dimer test. I got this because I had a blue-ish tint on my ankle with pain on walking. I also had two other episodes where my palms, right under the thumbs, hurt to touch, were all swollen and actually blue. Seemed like cyanosis. I'm working on getting other cardiology labs run to check things more in depth, but this seems rather high.

I read Jacks insightful post regarding blood clots .. "According to findings published in the journal Nature Communications below, apolipoprotein A-IV blocks this receptor from binding to platelets, thus inhibiting clotting and the development of thrombosis."

Attached Files:

13. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Echo 11-6-18 shows some physiological regurgitation in the mitral valve, tricuspid and pulmonic areas.

A follow up chest x-ray was recommended. I guess to rule out out if my heart is enlarging.

I'm not sure what how long this is been happening or what it means.

Attached Files:

14. Alison N

Alison N Gold

CAC Scan Results 1-7-19

Not entirely sure what to make of "Anterior superior mediastinal soft tissue likely residual thymus given the patient's age."

Otherwise glad to see zero.

Attached Files:

15. Tanya McGowan

Tanya McGowan Texas Anesthetist (LSU Grad-Geaux Tigers!)

Hi Alison, I use Leanne Veniers #3 panel every night after my Sunlighten infrared sauna...you quit using it because of the nnEMFs from the plug? Crap..what if I use it on my Magnetico core and booster (super sleep basically) matress?? Thanks in advance ...Tanya in Texas

16. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Hi Tanya!
    Sorry for my slow response. So according to Leanne, the device itself is very low in EMF's but unless the wiring in our buildings have better insulation/grounding, then whatever we plug in will still emit dirty electricity. At least in my apartment, I found high electric fields with a meter and a body voltage meter being close to the panel and with it on my body, so I am not using it right now. Once I move, I'd test it again to see how it compares. I even bought EMF style 3-prong cord but it didn't change anything. I'd recommend trying to get a voltage meter and testing how it compares in your building. The fields are usually an n=1 thing. If you're fields are low, you're probably okay to being using it how you've been.

Tanya McGowan likes this.
  17. Tanya McGowan

Tanya McGowan Texas Anesthetist (LSU Grad-Geaux Tigers!)

Thanks Alison!