1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Optimal Journal 2018

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Alison N, Jan 26, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not after criticizing what he made.
    But I like his format.
    I am after:
    description of what good looks like
    list of variety of bad and what to do to remedy
    done by Epi-Paleo junkie.

2. Alison N

Alison N Gold

3. Alison N

Alison N Gold

4. Alison N

Alison N Gold

5. Alison N

Alison N Gold

I've been consistently on Lugols 5% (50-60mg) since January. First thyroid test on 50 mg of Iodine was in mid January of this year:

TSH was over 5 and antibodies were low (1-3 respectively).

Not sure what caused the TSH to drop and the antibodies to increase... too much Iodine? My doctor recommended I stop all together. Perhaps it's time to ease my way into eating more iodine rich foods and become less reliant on Lugols? Does anyone else stay on Lugols indefinitely? I'm worried about fatigue/brain fog coming back. Iodine is my AM wake up call.

Seem to have high Androgens. Low in E2, P4, Glutathione and all neurotransmitters. I'm watching the DUTCH tutorials to learn more.. still not an expert in understanding the results yet.

Today is menstrual day 49 and I have had no menstrual cycle as of yet.. which is VERY new to me. Not sure what the trigger is.

My cycle has been very consistent for the past 10-15 years. Usually between 38-40 days per month. One day of pain otherwise normal. I was given 100mg RX for Prometrium BHT and a tincture of Licorice, Peony and Rhodiola.

She also recommended 20,000mg of Vitamin A - which I don't think is a good idea.
    She also recommended LDN - which I'm not sure I need.

Overall surprised and confused by my results.

The only other time I had thyroid antibodies was maybe around 17-20 years old from eating dairy, grains and other nasties. Once I cut that out, antibodies were consistently now. This is the first, at least documented time, that my TSH is so low/antibodies are high.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light is the trigger. Read Hollwich. All there.

Sajid Mahmood and Alison N like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

31 years old. I have lived in Portland, Oregon for the past 5 years. My husband and I moved from the MD & DE area near Ocean City, MD where we lived for 3-4 years prior.

Hereditary Hematomachrosis (1 allele)

I have had a low thyroid since 2003-2004 but never took medication for it. Hashimoto’s with antibodies around 33 (resolved autoimmunity with diet)

I also had two other car accidents that caused cervical stiffening and shoulder pain. A brain MRI in 2009 showed a 0.3cm “white matter lesion.”

Then chronic fatigue set in, had all the positive mold labs including the HLA-mold-susceptible genotype. Also positive for Lyme (2015). I moved in 2016 from one very bad apartment (within 15 minutes I would be completely stupefied in that environment) to a new one.

Numbness and tingling in hands and feet. I went to the ER in November 2017 for an episode of total left hand to elbow numbness but the EKG was normal (did not run labs) and the doc mentioned it sounded like MS to him.

· IBS – had constipation forever, which after introducing Iodine caused tremendous loose stools, which has since stabilized between the two.

Cold hands and feet.

Body voltage measurements in the bedroom is .887 – 1.33 and floats around 1.02 with the bed pulled from the wall.

Constantly craving sea salt.

Constantly craving nuts and nut butters.

Always thirsty despite drinking 65-80 oz. of filtered water a day.

Allergies: Gold, Shrimp (acute allergy), Chicken eggs (duck eggs are good), Wheat

TSH: 5.3
    FT4: 1.0
    FT3: 2.0

=======================================================================
    test 6/4/2018
    freeT3=3.9(2-4.4) good, make sure it stays like this or goes little up

---------------
    test 6/6/2018
    cholesterol total=183 , marginally ok, should be higher
    HgA1c=4.7 little low
    Vit D=48.1(30-100) ng/dL low get it over 100

Thyroglobulin Antibody=6.4 (0-0.9) high

-----------
    upload_2018-6-11_21-29-25.png
    ----------
    upload_2018-6-11_21-27-20.png

-----------
    upload_2018-6-11_21-32-26.png
    ===============================

You have not posted all pages of DUTCH report.
    Please post complete pdf file.
    Preferably attach that original file to post

===================================

Consider getting checked and treated
    for Lyme, mold
    possibly MS

Get fatty acids analysis and follow up with optimization
    initially at LabCorp
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    latter at
    Kennedy Krieger Institute
    https://www.kennedykrieger.org/

Get super heavy duty sun exposure until you raise sufficiently yout low vit D.

Low progesterone and estrogens likely need to be supplemented.

============================================

8. Alison N

Alison N Gold

9. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Thanks Jansz. I'm not supplementing with any vitamin D. The sun just started coming out here in Oregon and I spend all day in the sun. If i'm on my laptop it's outside with me. So 48 without supplementation. I'm considering adding tanning in to my regime to bump it up, at least on the rainy days here, maybe twice a week.. rather than supplementing.

Also lowered the electric fields. Body voltage in bedroom where I sleep is .5 volt - .8. In living room my exposure is .6 and when I'm spending most of the time outdoors on the balcony its .2-.3 (lowest of this crappy 3rd floor apartment). No WIFI, just neighbors ambient levels.

I was given Prometrium 100mg capsules but no Estrogen supplementation. I will start that tonight. I feel pretty zombie-ish so I hope that helps.

I was advised to eat more salt in the AM with more electrolytes. Blood pressure is 120/78 with a 20 point drop after standing... I just started feeling like I could exercise more, so surprised to see cortisol so low.

Will halt on iodine for now, take the prometrium, max sun exposure/tanning.

10. shiran

shiran Curious

Alison N likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Note:
    I am not a doctor

Personally I would not stop Lugols.
    It is my opinion from before I found @Jack Kruse
    And look thru Jack's writings, he is a strong supporter of iodine.
    There is a best price that @drezy found;
    https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/2ozlugolssolution24packincludesshipping.aspx
    .CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 2% Pro Pack-As low as $7.99 ea. bottle + Free US & Canada Shipping!
    Professional Packs: 24-2 oz.($8.49 ea.) $203.76 -----
    ordered 5/30/2018

1cc/day= ~ dropper full
    =======================================================

Your cortisol is not so bad (could be much worse).
    Your cortisol curve looks decent.

Consider adding a tons of lights indoor.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

Make sure that you keep your FreeT3 near top or slightly over.
    Specially if over-weighted.
    What is your height and weight?
    Aim at BMI=~20

[​IMG]
    ------------------------

Your vit D is low
    You live at relatively high latitude.
    It is cloudy area.
    Get Red Sperti
    (Slowly)(within 2 weeks to longer) get your exposure to 32min/day
    32min=two timer turns
    Keep center of Red Sperti at at your navel height, be completely naked, very close to the lamp, touching it often.

upload_2018-6-12_7-31-45.png
    ---------------------------------------------------
    prometrium 100mg/day

be prepared that you may need 200mg/day
    ask doc to test your levels monthly

Take prometrium at the bed time.

----------------------------------------------------

DUTCH report

I am after text pages that contain their comments.
    Looking similar to this page on their sample report:
    https://dutchtest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DUTCH-Plus-Female-Sample-Report-5_31_18.pdf

pages 8-14

best if you could attach your PDF file.

=============================

--------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

positive mold labs
    positive for Lyme (2015)
    sounded like MS to him

DDW
    ----------------------------------------

Work on all above.
    You may need a month or two of doxycycline to work on Lyme
    that is not going to help your gut problems, but need to be done
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You should use DDW.
    The least expensive would be Qlarivia.
    For at least a year RO or tap water mixed half and half with Qlarivia.
    That should result in DDW-87.5ppm (D/H)
    Drink only DDW.
    You may want to do your soups using DDW.
    When boiling soup, make it dense at first using RO or tap water on end dilute it half/half with straight Qlarivia.
    When making coffee or tea, bring you water to boiling and then sto heating.
    Vapors are made of light water (that you do not want to waste).

If you want, if you have big enough freezer, you may want to prepare your RO or tap water by freezing.
    Freeze water in this special way.
    RO or tap water is a mixture of light (H2O) and (tiny bit of heavy (D2O or HDO)

RO or tap water freeze at (32°F)=0°C
    Heavy water freeze at (39°F)=3.8°C
    Heavy water when it is only heavy water, freezes before "normal" water freezes.
    That is not the case with mixture of light + heavy.

When water first reaches freezing temperatures it is still liquid.
    More energy have to be removed for the water to start freezing.
    There is very little heavy water in tap water, when your RO or tap water reaches 32F it is still liquid.

1. find out how long it takes for your room temperature water when is put in freezer, to reach near 32F so you do not waste much time on latter trials.

2. Take bottle out of freezer when it is still liquid but near or at 32F
    3. shake it vigorously (ie add work=energy) to it,
    the water will start freezing
    heavy water will start freezing first the rest remains liquid
    4. pour your water (thru sieve) to another bottle of same size.
    5. put that water back into freezer for 15-30 minutes
    6. repeat shaking and draining.

Above should remove some D, deuterium from your RO or tap water without you loosing much of actual water.
    How much I do not know. (But @Jack Kruse advises freezing, but have not given details of how he goes about freezing his water).

.........................................................................................

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

About your steroid hormones as tested by DUTCH.
    (Before I see the comments pages of your DUTCH report).

#1, looking at your very low DHEAs=48(20-750)
    one may want to think that your LabCorp DHEAs would show it also low,
    making one giving you DHEA pills.
    But you should not eat any DHEA pills.
    Look at your total DHEA it is at the top of range (chart) (DHEAs+Etiocholanolone+ Androsterone)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

also your 24hr free cortisol (A+B+C+D) is not great but could be much worse.
    Better sun exposure could help.
    If you cannot move to equator, at least use lots and lots of artificial lights.
    See my post on that topic.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

positive mold labs
    positive for Lyme (2015)
    sounded like MS to him
    ----------------------------------------

Suggestions other than what I posted above.
    I note that these three problems that you are facing
    when studied by dr Patricia Kane
    often present with highly messed up
    fatty acids analysis

They are messed up in at least two different ways.
    Sum of fatty acids that are in the Omega3 (as a group) is often very high
    Sum of fatty acids that are in the Omega6 (as a group) is often depressed
    there are
    also other imbalances.

I do not have enough fatty acids know how, to give you better suggestions,
    but since you may possibly have very high EPA and possibly DHA
    before
    you eat any seafood
    it would be a good idea to get fatty acids analysis.

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    Unfortunately fatty acids (read fish oils) is a big money.
    To the point that some laboratories are crooked and regardless of result advice eating fish and fish oils,
    you have to do your analysis in places as
    LabCorp
    Mayo Clinic
    only.
    Or

Kennedy Krieger Institute
    https://www.kennedykrieger.org/
    does even more detailed.

15. Alison N

Alison N Gold

16. Alison N

Alison N Gold

Thanks for taking the time to write out your thoughts here! I'm thinking everything over before I respond. Here are the rest of the notes.. Thanks for pointing them out. My doctor handed me the report with out this part!

Attached Files:

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-6-12_16-59-35.png

Initial thyroid tests
    TSH: 5.3
    FT4: 1.0
    FT3: 2.0
    ----
    lately you report:
    freeT3=3.9(2-4.4) good, make sure it stays like this or goes little up
    ----
    How have you got there?

Get FreeT3 and RT3 from the same blood sample.

Possibly you would get some benefit if you got your FreeT3 even higher.

OTOH

why do you leave all at this point.
    Assuming that you use all my suggestions
    specially
    Sunlight exposure
    Artificial lighting per my post
    Lugols
    Red Sperti
    DDW-87.5ppm

mold, Lyme, MS with doctor dealing with
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the...ciety&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab
    [​IMG]
    ------------
    show this notes/suggestion to your GP or mold/lyme doc
    (some docs will just go for one month treatment and tell you to cross your fingers and hope for the best)
    upload_2018-6-12_17-18-41.png

And repeat testing in 6-9 months

////////////

18. Alison N

Alison N Gold

I'm not entirely sure how my FT3 increased.. thats a mystery. Just seafood, iodine and CT.

TSH as of 6-4-18 is 0.066 - you don't think that is concerning? I'm happy the FT3 has increased but now my menstrual cycle is MIA, so I'm thinking my Lugols dose is too high.
    TPO Antibodies are 37 (range 0-34) from a level of 4.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

menstrual cycle is MIA
    Likely have to do with
    lack of estrogens and progesterone

Taking 100 or 200mg/night Prometrium
    is not going to help with menstruation
    but
    at least you will have some steroid hormones.

upload_2018-6-12_18-34-50.png

20. Alison N

Alison N Gold

I think your right about the indoor lighting. All this time I thought I was helping myself by just simply keeping all the lights off and protecting my eyes with blue blockers when working on my laptop but of course.. I'm just signaling melatonin by staying in the dark all the time. Lately I'm outside on balcony so it's not as bad as it was but I haven't purchased any lighting equipment yet because i'm broke.. haha.. I'll definitely address this next.

Why do you suggest the 85 ppm DDW rather than, say 25? Thank you for all the information on freezing the RO water. I have the counter top Aqua True. I wish I could send in a water sample.. I'd be so curios what the D levels are. At this point I'll just start drinking Qlarvia with the RO water and document my own feelings/progress and go off that...

We definitely can't move closer to Equator yet but we do have another trip to Siargao in the Philippines in October. We went to Hawaii for about 10 days in May and I was able to get a tan without burning but it always leaves so fast???? Is there a secret to keeping the tan.. other than continual daily exposure... lol. It seems like its so easy for others to maintain it even after they stopped going into the sun, or maybe I'm just wrong.

Interesting you mention the fatty acid analysis with those with mold/lyme.

I often crave nuts a lot.

If I go too long without eating them it seems that the eczema on my hand comes back and so far, this is only trigger I'm noticing.. maybe your on to something here..

As far as addressing the lyme and mold "infections.." isn't the sunlight acting as our prescription? I wonder how long one would have to be in the sun over time to determine when no lyme organisms could be found in our tissues anymore? Or is it just that our symptoms no longer both us and by that, we are considered "healed?" Red light on the wrists and other meridian points are being used to treat patients this way.. I stopped using my red light though because the outlets in this apartment deliver 15 volts of electricity....

Since April I have been consuming Cistus Incanus tea that Dr. Klinghardt uses for his chronically ill patients... here is some information it.. https://klinghardtinstitute.com/articles/sardinian-cistus-incanus/

Apparently it can inactivate the replication cycle of HIV as well... I drink 6 cups her day with stevia... and I feel like it's working.. TMI but it frequently just empties me out.. its like a continual purging of my system... I was about to add high dose turmeric/resveratrol with essential oils like Basil, Rosemary and Oregano and just make teas with fresh herbs.