1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My little mito-hack and awesome adventure.

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Simon Wright, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Richelle Jones

Richelle Jones Eve Mytokondrya

I really enjoyed your story and photos. I have no desire to go live in PNG but I can certainly see where I can improve my connection to nature where I live. thanks.

Simon Wright likes this.
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Hi good day. I have some questions to ask you, I read that they only clean themselves with water. But:
    1. How do you remove the fat from your hands and mouth?
    2. How do they shave? and how are the nails and hair cut? Thanks in advance.

3. wash themselves with water yes

Fat from hands and mouth?....I am unsure of what you are referring to?

As to cutting hair etc I am not sure...they use sharpened stick and stones for cutting so maybe them/. I didnt personally witness them doing so though.

Also not all races have facial hair

BrunoB and drezy like this.
  4. Earth Monkey

Earth Monkey Photo at a blue party, pre-blueblockers

When their hands get fatty, fr0m handling fatty meat, etc, I'd think they wipe it on their skin. That's what I do if there's nothing else around :)

Lahelada, BrunoB and drezy like this.
  5. They probably lick it off.....that is what i do

Earth Monkey, Lahelada and BrunoB like this.
  6. Danny

Danny New Member

I've seen docs that show wild humans wiping it on their legs for protection from the elements.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

What elements Danny?

8. Danny

Danny New Member

Dry air, thorny poison bushes, cold

BrunoB likes this.
  9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Amazing. @Simon Wright ~ thank you.

Is there a story somewhere of your second trip?

Danny, Phosphene and Jason Coates like this.
  10. Jenifer Caplan

Jenifer Caplan I am the outlier

So amazing and when I read this with even the smallest bit of my knowledge it’s so meaningful regarding how we should be living.. so eye opening... thank you for sharing

11. Anita

Anita New Member

@Simon Wright
    I deeply appreciate you taking the time to share the stories of your travels and observations while in PNG. While reading your words I am struck by the paradox between the tribal strength to survive and the utter human vulnerability to nature. There is a blessing from deeply listening to and absorbing the wisdom of Nature. Thanks again!

12. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Hello excuse me. How do they cut the wood? Do they have axes? or in what way? thanks