1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My journey/journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Christine_L, Aug 8, 2018.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been told that lately - a few times ....I am too critical of myself. I only want to be better....

We are learning so much here - so many life lessons......and I want to suck it all in!

Alex97232 and Christine_L like this.
  2. Update 6/17/19

Just a city girl livin' in a country world...

Came back from a conference in Nashville. I had a great time experiencing a new place, learning a new tool, sampling new people from around the country, buying my cowgirl boots :) and bonding with my fam. In a word it was BUSY. I feel overdone and swollen from the trip. Maybe add fried in there too. It was EMF soup to the max everyday plus an early flight back home really screwed with me. But literally my feet were swollen for 2 days. That caused a panic in my mind. (Do I have blood clots, am I going to get a stroke? Plus Fathers Day causes me to reflect on my dad...) I CT'd my wrists with cold water and ice, and took cold showers during the trip. Didnt get as much sunlight as I needed but saw the sunrise everyday. Thankfully I napped Friday afternoon back home to help with the mild jet lag (uhh epic party night before!), grounding as much as possible, and drinking mineral water (I only had evian the whole trip). My focus is on grounding, eating oysters and fish, and getting back into my routine.

Finding solace in the routine is magical... Except life is not always routine. What happens when the schedule changes or things don't run on time (as they normally don't)? Am I rising to the occasion or letting myself get pushed into the shit hole again? Unfortunately I am sorry to tell myself that too often its the later. Why do I let myself get nudged in negative ways or ways contrary to my beliefs/wants/desires? Am I sabotaging myself in order to be comfortable? If I want A-B-C, how am I making that happen? Am I building in an overall positive direction or do I too often let my weaknesses control my future?

I learned last week when talking to my sales rep (random interchange, I know! Sometimes its easier to tell random acquaintances about my observations) that I try hard at meeting the "bare minimum". Least effort with maximum result. I'm naturally smart and push things to the limit of what I have to do in order to be successful and "win" at something. I'm not sure if its laziness, procrastination, or me being "too smart for my own good". I think its the later. My abilities are very high, I am a high performer and did well in school and now at work. My old boss/friend used to tell me the same thing, "you are so fast at doing things you give yourself more time to goof off", "you look like you're doing nothing and yet you've got it all done", to "remember you're the smartest person in the room". Even when planning and packing for the trip, this minimalist, no frills, no extra time attitude gave me no extra clothes and no time to relax after the conference ended. I am pushing things to the max and not giving myself enough time.

Am I almost always late for things? Yup. Do I rush around all weekend to fit everything in? Yup. Whats my perfect day? Doing everything! getting everything in! What was my most relaxing day recently? Not. doing. a. damn. thing. Laying outside on a blanket in the sun. How do I normally feel after running around? Fucking tired. (Thankfully my sleep is great, otherwise I'd be a burnt out mess again with shit cortisol and shit hormones.) My mom tells me I never leave myself time for anything. My BF tells me I am always late. (He loves being early. But Isn't there a 15 minute window for arriving at a party?)

Well, they're right.

I know I beat myself up the last month and did not do as much as I could have to *avoid* the damage. After feeling like shit the past 2 days, I have a renewed sense of focus on getting myself back on track. I'm focusing on limiting my nnEMF exposure, doing more CT, and keeping stricter with food/carb intake. I'm in a good groove with morning sunrise, getting UV light, and light mitigation at night. I named my phone "Beast" - Put the Beast back in its cage, I tell myself! The cage is an RF blocking pouch (it does work, tested it with my cornet) My world is too nnEMF toxic, I know this. I have to do a better job of managing everything else I'm doing to limit the damage. I'm taking Jack as an example... if your job is killing you, everything else you do has to be on point!

3. Update 6/18/19

Forgot to add...

Went to a Wim Hof intro seminar last week based on the reference of my MovNat instructor. It was an interesting experience. Most people were into the cold as something new to try and did not necessarily know the positive effects of CT. I thought the instructor was good regardless. Met a fellow mitohacker who lives 10 minutes from my house! Small world! We were the only ones who went outside in the sun during the break!

Alex97232, Phosphene, JanSz and 3 others like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have you thought about retiring early?

Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  5. @JanSz Yes, except I'm only 33 :(

6. My birthday is Monday :D ... so actually only a few more days of 32

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you set your mind on some goal, you may achieve it.
    It may become easier when following @Jack Kruse ideas that mostly lead to nomadic life style.
    Nomads travel light.

Alex97232, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  8. There is wisdom there, thank you. I probably could retire early!

Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. Thanks @JanSz & @Phosphene! I will do the math and take it more seriously. Retiring early sounds nice but I did not really look into making it happen. Thought about doing work from home or contract jobs (I should be able to do that given my field) which would allow me to be away from the office.

Alex97232 likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

There are lots of ways to work toward this goal.

The overall technique my wife and I use is boring as hell, but works well.

1. Pack that retirement account like a fat piggy getting ready for slaughter
    2. Defer or simply do not purchase gizmos, doodads, new cars, big houses...
    3. Understand tax code (as you read federal and state tax code do not keep a loaded revolver nearby)
    Along with the environment/health improvement the ideas on display in this nook of the internet save you money. You won't be buying a new car, 5 mobile devices, huge TVs, and expensive gaming platforms not even mentioning the supplement game or massive health bills.

If you even think about doing contract work you will want to look into starting an LLC(or another form of small business). I'm slowly shrinking my own footprint and growing my LLC. My LLC was formed in Texas and sat dormant for 3 years. The number of things that are tax deductible surprises me regularly. My wife was recently pissed at a $30 wire transfer business fee. Like a good husband I let her spout on for a while explaining how bad my decision was until I showed her the tax code and the file I keep on deductible costs. I enjoyed the look on her face when she saw a $900 convention cost (potential customer meet and greet) and then she fully grasped "deductible". This is not something I could do as an individual or if I worked for someone else.

13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I like to frame the concept of ‘early retirement’ as simply living your current iteration on this planet as you would without the constraints of a full-time job. It doesn’t mean that you’re lazing about in the beachy waves all day (though my evolving plan includes a considerable amount of that). It means prioritizing what is crucial to YOU and (perhaps, hopefully) your current lover/spouse/family/friends.

Returning to health via Nature (and inspiring others to do the same) is where it’s at for me. I am thoroughly confused about just how long we have left on this planet, but I intend to enjoy it as long as possible, advocate for change where it makes sense, and prepare for the worst without freaking out.

It’s not so hard when we support each other and share some parts of the load.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Retire early assumes long periods of time.
    Practically that is infinity.
    In calculations assume infinity.
    In location assume the most stable country in the world. I assumed USA.
    It must work under Democrats, Republicans, wars, peace.
    Any movement of funds cost, do not move, do not sell.
    Financial helpers come with cost, do not use them.
    Mutual funds come with cost, do not use them.
    Fluctuations, keep 5 better 7 years expenses in cash.
    Crashes come with recoveries, timing works all the time until it did not (just once).
    When you sick, older, or on extended travel far from ability to change anything, it must work.

Christine_L and caroline like this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm breaking that rule as we speak. 1031 tax deferred exchange (I'm stuck behind the great wall, so check it out)

Christine_L likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

The last few days I am obsessed with a family we met at the beach. Mom, Dad and three little boys - the oldest is 7 and then 5yo and 2yo. They have taken the oldest out of school this term and are homeschooling and travelling in their caravan.
    Mom and Dad worked for 11 years - 7 days a week and very long hours. They had a cafe and gas station and another business. A guy came along and bought it all - for very good money. They have invested the money in rental properties and are now retired. They must be around 35 but look years younger.

Mom and Dad have a great attitude and the boys are so full of energy - it is staggering to watch them.

They have no iPhones, no iPads, no gizmos of any kind. They all spend their time outside playing football etc. etc. and playing in the ocean. They own a property on the ocean and are really happy there - except for the cold winters.....so they travel north too Queensland whenever they are sick of the cold.

I just can't get these folks out of my head .....they had so much smarts to do what they have done to enjoy the life they have now.

They were smart enuf to work their butt off early on and now can enjoy bringing up their boys and travelling in their caravan whenever they want to.

It hasn't been all work either .....They have already spent a year travelling around Australia ...with a toddler and a baby!

These people are so genuine and lovely and healthy and full of energy and they have left a lasting impression on us.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Whatever income you have, do not borrow, spend half or less, save the other.
    At first, for long time, it is mostly about mind set.
    Note. This is not advice for all citizens. Country's conomy would go down the drain if everybody did that.

caroline likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Tax deferred is in the spirit of reducing costs.

19. I believe one of the most important concepts of financial and true independence is that we cant predict what the world will be like in the distant future, and so preparing for every contingency is impossible. I would speculate that my grandparents wondered more about which kids would survive the winter than how they were going to pay for diabetes and dementia care. These fears and solutions are good for those selling solutions. Having the confidence in oneslf, that no matter what happens, i can deal with it and take care of my family. Most of the fear and solutions just weigh us down and clutter our heads with unnecessary stresses and worries. Being happy with less is the biggest promotion you can give yourself.

Christine_L, caroline and Alex97232 like this.
  20. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Yes.

caroline likes this.