1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My journey/journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Christine_L, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Making bacon sounds amazing! Notes on the forum? I will check.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

bacon eating

that may be misleading description.
    American pigs are undernourished
    they have too much muscles not enough fat
    go after pork fat
    salo
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salo_(food)
    [​IMG]

Costco sells ready to eat.

upload_2018-11-20_17-33-27.png

drezy likes this.
  3. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

The bacon I get is very fatty but yes I agree with you. Do you source yours from anywhere in NJ that's pasture raised? I am buying from GrowingDirt farm in NJ. They have delicious liverwurst as well.

drezy likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am buying my Pork Belly
    the one on picture in previous post
    at East Hanover Costco on Rt 10

East Hanover Warehouse
    Address
    156 SR-10 WEST
    EAST HANOVER, NJ
    07936-2107

RobInDC and drezy like this.
  5. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

I bought some pork belly from trader joes. It's not pasture raised but will try it anyway. Significantly upped my butter and pork eating since last week.

CT outside in 15-30 degree F weather. Shorts, socks, gloves, long sleeves rolled up, and hat on some days. Yesterday was especially warm, got outside in a tank top and shorts. I'm not shivering that much, thought it had to do with long sleeve shirt, so I am ditching that unless its really cold. This morning was 40 degrees with humidity up, felt a lot colder with the moist air. No socks or hat today either felt way colder and shivered for a minute at the beginning.

Using my Therabulb 250W bulb right after AM sun and CT for a quick 5 minute full body session while making breakfast.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    caroline likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No pressure.

upload_2018-11-27_9-23-25.png

7. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

No pressure? What do you mean? I have cut down to only 1 coffee every few days and by doing that has helped reduce water intake. I am drinking Tourmaline Water and Gerolsteiner spaced out with filtered home water rather than the entire Gerolsteiner in 1 day.

Mindful update 11/27/18:
    While driving in to work today, I tried to really examine the way my body has changed over the last few months rather than focus on the negative. The aches and pains I used to feel in my thumbs and knees during damp days has gone away. This used to bother me once or twice a month but now I do not experience this at all. My nails and hair also look shinier.

caroline and drezy like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I call this "bacon hair" though egg yolks will do the same.

Throw out the Pantene and perfume. A gal with internally generated shiny hair and a slight scent of bacon about her will have more influence over her man every time.

9. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

LOL Definitely no on the Pantene and perfume for about 2 years. Curly haired girls need natural oils only and no shampoo.

Unless its Bacon oil in a jar...

drezy likes this.
  10. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Update 1/7/19

Eating more fatty seasonally available foods - pork belly, bacon, liverwurst, salmon, shrimp, cod, scallops and drenching in grass fed butter. Food is so tasty lately and very seafood centered! Had some draw backs through the holidays eating carbs and eating out but overall striving for the best everyday. If I screw up, I start over the next day.

I am doing CT in my tub every other day since before Christmas using cold tap water and using my body's response to gauge how long I should stay in the tub and if I should increase the temp a little. Tub CT has been my happiest achievement to date!

Everyday I am watching the sunrise, no excuses with shorts/t-shirts on everyday. I work out outside every few days and make sure to expose my body to sunshine as much as possible. If the temp is above 40 degrees I am wearing shorts for a walk, kettle bell swings or squats outside my house! It's fun! I feel happy extending outdoor activities well into the winter. This is also really helping my CT game.

caroline and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Nice update!

Do keep in min that unseasonal carb are your choice but each time you eat them a pony dies:
    [​IMG]

recoen and Bob Stirling like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

that's not nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Christine_L likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol. OK it just makes them take naps.

Two horses are doing their equivalent of CT in the sun while the other horse looks very skeptical about the whole process just like the people who tell me cold water will kill me.

caroline and Sheddie like this.
  14. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

@drezy well that just scarred me for life!

@caroline I made homemade mayo inspired by your recipe posted on here! It didnt turn out thick enough but it tastes really good!

drezy likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

it didn't thicken up in the fridge?
    did you start with room temp eggs and lemon juice?
    Do you have a stick blender?

16. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

It thickened slightly. Whoops I didnt start with room temp products and no stick blender. I hand whipped it for like 45 minutes :p

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

stick blenders are fantastic ........just takes a couple of minutes to make lots of yummy sauces.

45 minutes??????? you poor thing! I could never whip things by hand properly.

Anne V likes this.
  18. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Ha yeah! I attempted with my Ninja first. I dont mind whipping by hand, its therapeutic monotony! LOL

caroline likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

like kneading bread ........

Christine_L likes this.
  20. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Update 1/14/19
    I got the Cornet 88 in the mail this weekend. Tested my house, car, and office. The meter was from stopsmartmeters.org so they pre-set the meter to building biologist levels. Only checked RF at this point. House is in green zone throughout bottom floor, upstairs in yellow zone (!!), basement is awesome very low green, my first gen oura ring was dropping out of airplane mode (!!!!), cell phones suck as expected, and worst of all found out that we have a smart water meter (!!!!) in the basement! We guess it was done at least 5 years ago because we dont remember having it changed. This is very upsetting for me. It does not pulse continuously but only when we use the water. I am going to do some research on it to see if anyone has experience using the same smart meter faraday cages as the electric utility meters. I am concerned even after placing one on that it will still pulse the signal throughout the copper pipes.... :tears: My office likewise sucks. It was in the yellow zone when no one was here as I always keep my phone in the drawer and have wifi/BT off in my laptop. As soon as my workers came in the reading shot up to the high red zone. So of course no matter what I do it wont really help as I'm being radiated all day....

drezy likes this.