1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jim Laird, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Spent most of my Am in a doctors office for my physical, sad being around so many sick people, especally the medical staff. My doctor is a nice guy very open minded. He is always is happy to see me. We have gotten in to many heated debates over the years. He always says we are going to have to agree to disagree but he loves that I care and take ownership of my health. Most people just don't care. Weather was crap today so I did the tanning bed. Broke my three day fast today with sardeans and bacon. It tasted like a desert, super long day tomorrow, time for bed.

2. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Had a productive weekend, got some outdoor time got some sun today. First sunny day in a while, really looking forward to the spring. Just got done recording another pod cast now I'm going to take the dogs for a walk and get away from the screens.

3. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Weird day in Kentucky today, we had 10+ inches of snow. Most of my morning was spent helping people get unstuck, growing up in Northern Canada winter driving is like second nature for me. Tanning bed this am, got a lift in, then the sun came out. I was out front of my gym in t shirt and shorts reading a book people think I nuts :) Weekend was good. I have been really good about my sleep lately, need to walk more outside in the am. Putting more thought into what I want my life to look like in 5 years, all my life I have dreamed about disconnecting I am starting to think now is the time to move in that direction. Looking forward to getting in some CT tomorrow and getting the results of the blood work from my physical.

4. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Last couple days have been ruff, combo of weather ther and being stupid busy. Did 15 mins of CT Today grounded in the sun. water was 38f. Was nice to get back at it, had a nice meal loaded with DHEA (sushi) and a glass of malbec. Really looking forward to spring and fishing

5. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Well I went in for my physical and man Have a made some improvements. At this time I was battling reoccurring infections from my one and only pedicure. Until listening to Dr. Kruse I had not idea how chronically dehydrated i was. Last year at this time my Bun ratio was 28 this time around it was 19. So still some room for improvement but it's exciting to see such rapid changes with such simple changes. So I'm hoping that these new changes will help in keeping my lovely infection at bay.

6. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Weather here has been terrible. We had a snow storm yesterday, staying on top of CT and tanning bed, looking forward to spring and fishing. Booked a trip to Tulum in early June really.lookong forward to that. I will be making muliple trips down there this winter. Doing research for possible relocation as 5g world becomes a reality.

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Weather is getting much better ! I have been doing CT in the sun pretty much everyday, also doing a really goood job of getting my am light with my feet on the ground. What a difference it has made, making being a none zoo animal my number one priority!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  8. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

I have been doing well, integrating the new info I have learned from Dr. Kruse has been super simple and easy which is what most people need. I have started adding a few things to what I suggest to people when they reach out for help. Here is some feedback from a woman that was exercising multiple times a day and still gaining weight.

“Hi Jim, I wanted to check in with you, it’s been three weeks since we talked, I’ve been spending a lot more time outside, always getting the morning sunlight first thing. I’ve also been sitting with ice packs covering most of me almost every evening. I’ve been turning off the WiFi at night and I swear I’m sleeping better. My inflammation is much less, I’m 8 pounds lighter, and my digestion is improving. I am still doing very light exercise but overall so much is improved. I’m wondering if, once I’m ready to add more exercise in, if you’d be willing to talk again? Thank you for all of your help!”

This is really cool. I’ve been recommending people get outside and walk for years. This new info allows me to speed up the process for people that are in a bad place.

Always learning and adapting

Thanks for your help Dr. Kruse it’s so much fun to help those who are willing to try some very simple things.

Jim

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  9. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Going to Tulum first week of June, so excited !

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  10. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Had a crazy weekend, water leak at gym. Getting my am light in as we “speak” .... what a huge difference this simple activity has been for me. Game changer.

Attached Files:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

You've got me having mixed feelings Jim.

True confession:

My natural aversion to being hit as well as the fact that your Viking hand, because nobody told your hand it's not the Viking era anymore and that it surely needn't be so imposing, would surely lay down some damage makes me want to say "don't hit me", but the hand inked on your chest makes me want to bark "hit me"... every time... it would never get old to me. Thought you should know.

Phosphene and Jim Laird like this.
  12. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

13. drezy

drezy Gold

I believe it.

To not throw Vikings under the bus either the Vikings are much maligned. Human history is fascinating. The vikings had amazingly ridonuclous women's rights built right into their culture. The women ran all the business the majority of the year as the men were away and swam nude if they liked(1). The women had accessible divorce rights as well (2).

1- I love "outsiders" takes on cultures. A muslim traveller wrote about his time with Vikings and was shocked at some of the practices. His own line makes me laugh when I read it. You have to picture this guy chasing ladies around with a blanket:

"I did not cease to strive [to induce them] to make the women cover themselves from the men while swimming"

Now that was culture shock for old Ahmad ibn Fadlan

2- This young lass was sick of her husband so got him drunk and had him put on a ladies shirt in public *bam* instant divorce and half his money (yikes) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laxdæla_saga#Love_triangle

Phosphene and JanSz like this.
  14. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

drezy and Jim Laird like this.
  15. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

My getto Cenote

Attached Files:

16. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

This might explain a few things

Attached Files:

drezy likes this.
  17. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

I’ve been working on intergrating what I’ve learned as much as possible at the gym. I’ve added black lights inside, constantly talking to people about getting outside in the am. Adding ice packs before bed. Now that the weather is better trying to get people outside as much as possible. It’s insane how many people are terrified to take off there shirt or sunglasses because they are afraid I mean terrified of the sun. I guess it’s the old totalitarian motto tell a lie long enough and loud enough ..... chipping away one day at a time.

18. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Sitting outside the gym feet on the ground getting my am sun. Its hilarious to see the reactions of the people driving by. I've already.had the police called on me twice. Its funny how normal human behavior would be considered so abnormal in our modern world. Its memorial day looking.forward to relaxing and taking care of a few ”housekeeping” items I leave for Tulum next Thursday I can't wait! So looking forward to topping off my tank I plan on going again in September Making a trip to Thailand over Christmas then back to Tulum in Jan/feb its going to be a fun year.

Attached Files:

19. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

An interesting observation, a couple months ago I got a magnetico sleep pad. I have two dogs they both have their own beds that they chill on. Ever since I have gotten that pad they have been glued to the bed. I've noticed I sleep much better, I feel more rested even on the nights I don't get as much sleep as I should. Pretty cool. Any one else have any experience with the sleep pad simalar to mine?

Jim

20. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Amazing day here in Lexington ! Perfect weather, eating at a BBQ place of course full house inside. Not one single person besides me outside ... what have we become.

Attached Files:

Jenelle likes this.