1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Michalis, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

icecream! :) :)
    It is good they sell sweets because that might make their business go upwards if people become sugar addicted...lol

Michalis likes this.
  2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

It is mad. They sell ice-cream and also all the gear for type 2diabetics... Like bandages , injections and cream for wounds that don't heal...

Inger likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

pretty clever it is, in all its madness.. at least when it comes to money!
    But really sad too though.. for obedient idiots, as Jack uses to say ;)

Michalis likes this.
  4. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Yes.
    The thing is that these people don't know better so we can't really be super harsh on them. However a Mexican guy I met told me that parents would rather buy their kids a smartphone rather than a bed to sleep on. And if this is true it says a lot. it is really cheap to eat this crap rather than good food as ,,@Lahelada said earlier. Check the video I posted above , it has a lot of clues too.
    I think the social issues here trump everything else.

Lahelada and Inger like this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

Yep.

Abstracting up even one more layer, I've not found a culture that ultimately doesn't end up depleteing the potential of it's people either inadvertently or not. The though haunts me and likely always will unless someone has some pristine example.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Michalis likes this.
  6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So. I am at PDC for a couple of days and making my way back to London today.
    PDC is an uninteresting place. Went to the beach and it stinks on places. There is access to the beach but from specific points and you need to walk to reach a nice spot. It is hijacked by holiday rentals. Massively overpriced but if you get off the main walking streets then you get back to Mexico. Everything for the dollar baby.There are towers everywhere. Not sure how the crater can offset that.

The places I did truly enjoy in Mexico was Bacalar and Mahahual. More relaxed there.

Would I back to Mexico?

I would, but completely skipping the north bit of Quintana Roo. I think there is benefit here staying long term in the south. I would like to test the hypothesis for my n=1. I don't think this place will fix my joints. That is out of the question. However staying here for a good chunk of time will definitely help syncing,/quantizing my clocks to the master tempo. And I think this is beneficial.

OptimalSkr likes this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

Michalis, are you eating carnivore style?
    Like animals only?

Michalis likes this.
  8. Michalis

Michalis New Member

No, but I need to get into it. I am very aware of Michaela Peterson's story. I just have to commit to it once I get back to London , it is one thing I have at the back of my head to try. So big BAB with bone broth and fish or meat in the morning and all the rest...I need to give this a go.

Inger likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh yes!! Please try it!
    Wow I almost bet you will feel way way better!!
    You know, my joints do not like carbs either. Yeah. But I am very aware of my body signals and I try out a ton because I am not very good at suffering......
    So I have realized at my latitude (which is the same as yours, practically) a carnivore diet is awesome.

Also I love its simplicity! It a huge bonus. And you just feel so good :) like for mood it is awesome too.

Please share when you try it. How it makes you feel :). If it feels complicated just do ribeye steaks or other steaks, seafood and water, that is. You can always add organs, bone broth etc. later. I think the most important things are to eliminate all the stuff that does not grow naturally where you live. And where we live it is practically only animal foods. Or some cultivated veggies or fruit but those do not fit me good either. I guess it has to be wild to be right ;) :)

Michalis likes this.
  10. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Yeah I definitely agree about the latitude thing. Since there is not much light to work on we need to tweak other parameters.

By the way I haven't put any weight on in mexico. Lately my weight fluctuates between 72 to 75 kg. I was 74 yesterday and for 2 weeks I took it easy. I was eating tacos almost everyday, drinking juices, malbec, the occasional beer with shit tons of lime in it, ice-cream 3-4 times and the weight has been steady. If I was to do that in London I would have ballooned.

But I had to take care otherwise it is a loosing battle with all these goodies they sell, or crap I should say. I honestly have a sweet tooth and it doesn't go well with any with my leptin electron counter.

By the way I loved the pork here. It tastes so good. The first few days I was just cooking pork belly ,sausages and octopus. Loved it, but then I started introducing carbs as I could not cook because I was staying in hotels.

Being carnivore takes discipline but I love the fact it is just simple. I just need to cook a lot of meat and broth.

Will keep you posted.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Back to London. Back to reality.