1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Michalis, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Michalis

Michalis New Member

That's a nice beach. Xpu-ha close to Puerto Aventuras. If you try to deviate and start exploring on the left edge of the beach there are security guards that wont let you roam out of bounds.. But it is a massive beach and there is plenty of space.. I wish i could get rid of the kiniki and throw it around but thats another story...
    IMG_20191125_110633.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

3. Michalis

Michalis New Member

... Something is not adding up here... How come all these people that live outside, are so dark are so obese? Their mitochondria should be getting the correct environmental frequencies from the crater.. And the sun..And i am sure they ground more than us overall.

All day they work. They eat a shit ton of carbs but i would only assume that there are much more than their environment dictates.. They definitely NOT look at a big screen during the day as they work, however they might do in the evening or they are stuck to their phones when they are indoors... Again something is not adding up.

Novah, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Good job getting out and exploring—just be extra careful. Another member reported some trouble with the locals while on a bike last year. Involved a bribe if I recall...

Are you looking into a guided taxi tour with Senor Cruz or staying solo?

Michalis likes this.
  5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Non-ionizing radiation and blue light adds up.

Only a mystery to non-mitos.

6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Thanks Phosphene. I am going solo, I like it much more. I like my independence however this lovely place has been hijacked completely by resorts. Such a pity.g

7. Michalis

Michalis New Member

There is do much empty space and is fucking cordoned off... It is all about money..for the few it is not the many..
    It would be amazing to have campings around here like in Europe... Just pitch a tent say hi to your neighbours, open a bottle of wine and share it and have fun while building redox.
    By the way, I have been sitting at the beach all day almost, I haven't got burned at all...I really like this. I feel good here except from my joints.
    I love the fact that I don't have the burning sensation I get on my face in the office at London..

Inger likes this.
  8. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So
    And gets offset by the strong sun and the crater anomaly in theory ... Then you got the human factor as well ..

9. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Wishful thinking isn't theory.

10. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So. I had enough at Puerto Aventuras. Honestly the barriers of entry to the beach is just rediculous. Yes, I can get to the beach if I pay a small fee but it is just so restricted. Boundaries, boundaries I wanna get away, the song goes...

So I rent a car and drove south which actually was the original plan. Should have done this from day 1. So fellow sun seekers that come to Mexico independently and don't want your balls busted maybe do the same. Or just go to a resort and end of story. Resorts seem super boring and expensive to me.

So I am currently at Bacalar. Lovely place. And you can get a cheap room close to the lake for 600-900 MXN peso. Same sun is shining over here. Don't know about the magnetic fields but it feels fine to me. I doubt that it will fix my broken joints overnight.

Phosphene, Inger and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

It doesn't always help having an acute sense of the absurd. Ask me how I know.

Phosphene and Anne V like this.
  12. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Please! Elaborate!

Inger likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

What an absurd request!

Welcome to my timezone by the way.

Surely Voltaire is your buddy on absurdity as well as Camus.

I think there will always be people who see through the absurdities in human situations more than others. Like you, I do this. It doesn't exactly help with fitting in, going with the flow, or impressing corporate management in meetings does it?

Hey, I just cooked up a kofta for lunch. Yum!

If I were in charge of marketing Greek food I'd tagline it this way:
    Greek food -- it's like food, just way fμcking better

Phosphene, Michalis and Anne V like this.
  14. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Just
    Before I left London I was trying to choose what books I will take with me. I have accumulated quite a lot when I was working for Penguin books. So I was thinking to pack the myth of sysyphus by Camus which talks about suicide..I opted out for something lighter in the end.. I will read this after I come back ... I read a bit in Greek years ago but can't remember much... Life is absurd. Point a person without any internal contradictions... Bottom line, I left that book at home. I don't intent to check out during this holiday. Maybe later.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  15. drezy

drezy New Member

For what it's worth I hope you don't check out any time soon.

If you're seeing The Myth of Sysyphus as a work about suicide then maybe get a running start with some Kierkegaard or Schopenhauer first.

Michalis likes this.
  16. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I think my dopamine is pretty high so no worries!

17. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Bacalar
    IMG_20191201_154311.jpg IMG_20191201_114848.jpg IMG_20191201_142201.jpg
    IMG_20191201_140904.jpg

Can you spot the mismatches in the photo?
    Again it still doesn't explain the prevalence of obesity to me here. People are way more fat here than in London.. far too many proportionally...

18. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I have to add, there is WiFi and energy saving lamps everywhere here.. but again the place should in theory ofset some of the bad.
    They got good food here however they eat a TON of shit too... Coca cola in droves.. processed crap by the kilo...I think there is an element of social issues to it.
    The middle class Latin American visitors are not fat at all and they seem to come from the cities...They seem to use their brain differently too..
    Are all the illnesses a result of a northern import? I am sure there is an element to that too..

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Cheap food is key to survival. The staff of those luxury hotels are paid half a peanut. Consider the mix of different haplotypes,too.
    Netflix and IG at night can kill lots of benefits of daytime lught exposure. Brown skin colour does not favour your career chances either so people avoid sun.
    My suggestion is to make this trip your own. Don't expect,don't see the glass half full. Change the glass so it is full.
    Bacalar usted interesting. You are near the blue hole. Interesting place. I passed it but did not stop on my way to Belize.
    As far as Mexican beaches are concerned the Constitution guarantees free access. The swankiest hotel has to let the barefoot farmer cross the lobby if they have not got a separate access way to " their" beach. I hazard a guess that security reasons have overridden this law.
    Enjoy...don't think .

Michalis, Bob Stirling and drezy like this.
  20. drezy

drezy New Member

My wife encounters this in a culture from the other side of the planet. Some of her people ask if she's "alright", presumably something must be wrong if you get this dark, another group assumes that she must just be getting back from vacation, an absolvable sin, but my favorite is a country host who claimed matter of factly that drinking western coffee stained my wife's previous lily white skin.

Keep the notes to ponder over later though. Observation is very valuable.