1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Michalis, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Hi All,

I have been a lurker in the forums and listening to Jack's podcasts over and over for more than a year now... Some things really sunk in like the 3 legged stool for example, but others need a lot of work to be understood.

My current environment:

I work in an emf hell hole next to London Bridge station. Recently i moved to a flat and i am surrounded by wifi and there is an antenna mast around 300 meters away from my flat. No visual contact though. I don't use a smartphone and wifi is permanently disabled on my router and laptop. No smart meters in the flat (I refused the "free" upgrade).

Really difficult to move away at the moment , i need to stay to London and keep working so i am exploring options to mitigate the effects of my environment/work until i get a gig somewhere with less population density.

Family:

Mother severely sick : 73 y.o now, Chronic pain, elevated blood sugar , heart disease, attrial fibrilation - tricuspid valve replaced. Really low weight - long story. Nobody seems to want to dig deep to find out why this is happening. Doctors happy with managing the situation only.

My mothers mum was healthy until she developed goiter? - enlarged thyroid. Was operated on and died after the op from bleeding during that night.

Grandma's mum died from old age but severely arthritic.

I had my second knee arthroscopy 2 months ago and i am still recovering from it. The first time was due to a torn meniscus. Arthritis has been developing since so i had a stem cell and micro fracture operation. Hopefully that will work but i am thinking that my environment might be sabotaging the whole thing. If someone has any insight on this please comment.

I cannot work out at the moment due to my operation so i need o go back to the gym gradually. No squat or deadlift for at least 9 moths to a year. The fact that my gym is a blue light "alien" world makes me having second thoughts about going back now. I am thinking of attempting a bodyweight training in the park.

So last week i came back from holidays. I spent 2 weeks in Crete, where i originally come from and i was at the beach every day for a few hours swimming and absorbing the sun. I found out that there are couple of beaches with river estuaries which are really cold so i was going there very often and combining my swimming and sunbathing in the same time introducing myself to proper CT that way. On the CT front I have been only taking cold showers since last March. I have also been eating mostly ketogenic or with low carb spells in general. When i was in Crete i was consuming more carbs due to the sun exposure i had and that it is on a lower latitude.

Before i finish my holiday i did a blood test with the results below.

rT3 : 32.1% [24.0-39.0]

Testosterone : 509.00 ng/dL [249.00-836.00]
    Testosterone Free: 8.95 ng/dL [ 95.80-18.00]

Blood Sugar : 92 mg/dL [60-115]

Urea: 23mg/dL [10-50]
    Uric Acid : 5.70 mg/dL [3.40 - 7.00]
    Creatinine : 0.79 mg/dL [.5 - 1.40]

HDL : 62 mg/dL [35-80]
    LDL : 180 mg/dL [50-150]
    Triglycerides : 65 mg/dL [36-165]

Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) 40 U/L [5-40]
    aspartate aminotransferase (AST) (SGOT) 30 U/L [5-45]
    Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) 152 U/L [60 -279]
    γ-glutamyltransferase : 11 U/L [10-45]

I have used a website to calculate my Urea to Creatinine ratio and comes up as 29.1 which is really high.
    Can someone comment on my lab values? Is there anything i need to be looking into?

I was feeling great when i arrived back to London. It has been one week here now, and i feel severely demotivated. Might be all this blue light ?? the only thing that creates a bright light in the tunnel is the idea of a new holiday.. The sun and the sea have a massive impact on me.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Mowing away from current location is always good plan.
    But you cannot move, so keep that as good option for the future.
    Go on vacation to places that are possible candidates for new place to live, see if they make you feel better.
    ----------------------
    We are creatures evolved based on energy from Sun.
    Sunlight and its energy is #1 reason and requirement to allow continued living.
    No light we die.
    Everything dies without light.
    Bad light we do not prosper.
    What you can do today?
    You can buy numerous lights and create artificial, ZOO like environment for your self.
    Something like this:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738
    It is not ideal, but likely better than what you have now.
    ---------------------

Testosterone : 509.00 ng/dL [249.00-836.00]
    Testosterone Free: 8.95 ng/dL [ 95.80-18.00]
    -----
    You have high SHBG
    high SHBG is likely due to
    high estrogens
    low progesterone
    ------
    Everybody, goiter or not
    could use
    selenium
    and (iodine + potassium iodide)

fill up on selenium first, for a month or two
    then continue with selenium and add Lugol's

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

1 dropperfull/day=1 ml/day=1cc/day=50mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Do not use iodine alone.
    http://tahomaclinic.com/2011/01/iodide/
    ////////////////////////////////////////
    elevated blood sugar

stop eating high Glycemic Index (GI) food
    sugar
    anything made of wheat, rye, rice, white potatoes

/////////////////////////
    attrial fibrilation

eat earth worms

if have enough money get pills made out of earth worms
    Boluoke
    lumbrokinase

nattokinase may help a little
    [​IMG]
    ////////////////////////////////////

severely arthritic
    knee arthroscopy

eat borax
    flat teaspoon/day

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/catalog/ingredients/miscellaneous
    https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/borax-powder/profile
    1 lb---$3.50

http://tinyurl.com/Boron-References

///////////

The Borax Conspiracy
    How the Arthritis Cure has been stopped
    Walter Last

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
    ////////////

Published on Jun 23, 2015
    Jorge Flechas, MD discusses "Boron and Oral Health"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Michalis likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome.....

4. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I have noticed my vision has been worst on the left eye the last 2 weeks. The sun is not shining any more in the Big Smoke early in the morning so i cant stare at it and also i am spending the day in front of the PC at work. I checked my eyes very recently and the myopia seems better but the astigmatism is getting worst. My BUN/Creatinine ration was last 29.1 so that must mean severe dehydration. Does that mean my eye's bulb can be getting dehydrated hence the change in vision?

5. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So i have a family health emergency right now and i have to care for a family member. For the last 3 weeks i haven't had a proper nights sleep. I have been spending the last week in the hospital and taking naps while sitting on the chair. My circadian rhythms are completely screwed up. I took my laptop with me and i use it in the hospital and i can literally feel the wifi as a knife cutting through me. It is an EMF hellhole in the middle of Athens but i dont have a choice, i have to be here. I feel terrible and my knees are killing me. My left knee was operated 8 months (microfracture and stem cells) ago and i feel that the whole ordeal is damaging it.
    I am going to be be flying back to another nnEMF hellhole , back home at London in couple of days as my work has been almost done here.
    What can i do to mitigate all the damage i have been doing to myself? Will CT be enough ?My laptop is going back to ethernet and my cell phone will be definitely reduced though. I have found and open air pool close to where i live open all year round. Any hacks anyone can suggest? I am a bit lost and the sleep deprivation doesn't help.

JanSz likes this.
  6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Weather report: I haven't written for a while , things are not great. Lately I keep thinking i have to move however i got 2 bad knees now which complicates things :(

The past year has been extremely stressful mentally and physically for me.My knee situation and my mum's sickness has caused an awful lot of stress. Lately i get chest pain often. The doctor thinks it is my high LDL cholesterol. I think it is the stress and keto.
    I have also developed ribcage pain, just on the junction of my ribcage, i looked it up and might be costochondritis.. Possibly i overdid it in the gym or bad posture slouching in front of the computer+bad light. So inflammation of the cartilage... Something is way out of order with the cartilage and connective tissue in my body. My mum has extremely painful degenerative arthritis on her spine so obviously i got her mtDNA. My GP thinks i have indigestion, so go figure.

My left knee arthritis is a lot worst now after my arthroscopy.. I think i chose the wrong doctor. My understanding from our meeting back in early 2016 was that he would put stem cells from my hip into my knee joint. The result was that i woke up post-op with a micro-fractured knee condyle and stem cell augmentation. I only found out after the op, nothing was mentioned beforehand...Initially i though it will just heal quickly but that is not the case. That has caused me extreme distress so far. I keep beating myself for my ignorance and not asking the right questions.. Dopamine issue?

I could at least squat and dead-lift before the arthroscopy , i just had discomfort on my knee. Now i cant do anything. Sometimes i feel i have lost everything.My confidence has tanked..I gave up my musical instrument lessons. I have stopped all exercise now , i have far too many injuries of the connective tissue everywhere, my knee arthroscopy created a domino effect, a massive downward spiral.

But i admit, if i had digested Dr Kruse's work and understood things a little bit more in detail earlier on i should have dismissed my orthopedic doctor on the spot. So people take note, if something doesn't go down well trust your gut feeling. Especially if what they say are too good to be true. When i asked him about arthritis and epigenetics he categorically said it is a genetic issue. He dismissed the environmental factor. It is tough to learn like that. Dopamine again?

The bones on the lateral side of the knee must be quite inflamed even though there is good growth of cartilage 16 months post op. I now realize that even if the cartilage regrows arthritis which is the underlying condition is still there..That needs to be addressed first not the cartilage damage.
    Is it the heteroplasmy on the affected areas raising and causing all that mess? Is heteroplasmy working in the body as a whole or it could be topical too? Is it the master clock that went cuckoo because EMF and blue light that is throwing out the rest of the clocks causing the issue? How can i tell? I read somewhere that Dr Kruse knee issue has disappeared from the MRI scan after consistent CT. Need to find that blogpost. I might be able to reverse it if i understand more.

The icing on the cake :

Last month i fell of my bike and i partially ruptured my right knee ACL too. The last thing i really want now is another arthroscopy.

I have been thinking to do a Regenexx stem cell protocol for both knees (please comment if you got any feedback on them) , however it seems extremely expensive. I spoke to them already to explore what options i have and they have explained everything to me in detail. I was told am an average candidate for the procedure. If i decide to commit to this financially i need to make sure that i must maximize my stem cell production and change my environment for at least sometime before and after the procedure. It is a lot of money and i have to work a lot for it.
    I am scouring the site for information constantly, it is just takes so long to piece this puzzle together. I am sure i have seen a blog post why we deplete out stem cells for various reasons including exercise.

I have been trying CT on and off lately and the temperatures are currently dropping so that is a good thing. I get into the tube and i can stay for 30-45 mins on a temperature ranging 11 to 16 degrees Celsius . I am low carb/keto too. I have introduced a lot of seafood and seaweed. I rarely eat fowl now.
    I dont know if i am leptin sensitive/resistant as i cant say from the mirror. I have lost a lot of weight so there is just lose skin with some fat.

I take lugols 5% in the morning without any issues 6-8 drops. (Loaded with Selenium for sometime, now i eat brzil nuts) I supplement Mg, Vit C, occasionally K+ (remnant from my introduction to keto, i think i dont really need it any more) and i think i will get into curcumin and resveratrol for arthritis however i dont know if resveratrol is a good idea without sunshine. I rarely drink alcohol nowdays and only socially. I used to be a party animal , not any more. I try to drink a lot of water and herbal teas however coffee is my weak spot. I know it is dehydrating but i find it difficult to kick the habit. I have tried twice to go cold turkey but the withdrawal was brutal. I just could not believe it. Need to work on this.

I am thinking to incorporate long term fasting for a while to promote autophagy and mitophagy and then at some point after a few months take a trip to the tropics get a lot of sunshine , swim ,ground and eat local grown carbs to give the spark to my mitochondria to regenerate. My understanding is that this will promote redox, healing and will reduce inflammation. Any fallacies in my thinking?

I have tried fasting and usually i give up on day 3 or 4. It is really hard and people dont help when they dangle donuts in front of my face at work. (which i don't touch)

I ordered a 23andme test to get some more info on my haplotype. I come from the Mediterranean island of Crete and living in London must be a huge mismatch. For years i was living in Edinburgh , Scotland not exactly the definition of optimal but i will find out when the test will be done. I could easily go back to Crete but not on a city on the island. The south of the island is pretty good i believe but needs testing before. Lots of shipping routes, tourism in the summer and military activity. Also given the economic climate it is pretty tough now.

I will get some labs done based on what i read on the blog on the next few days to get an idea how things are going and will post here as well
    In the meantime feel free to comment. The road is steep.

caroline and JanSz like this.
  7. Michalis

Michalis New Member

So today i have been thinking that i have got 2 small patches of Eczema exactly on the lateral sides between the calf and the sin and below my joints, they seem symmetric to each other!! I think this is not by chance and it might have to do the the epigenetic expression of my arthritis/degeneration on both knees.. It has been there for at least before 2012 when my left knee started going south... One is slightly larger on the left side where i got a massive issue and one smaller on the right that i have a lesser issue.. I think this could be an indication of degree of the problem. I might be spotting a pattern for my n=1 or i am just going mad.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't think Dr. K. would recommend long term fasting ......

what about IF? with a big breakfast of seafood ........

Are you following Jack's Deuterium posts? and blogs?

Sajid Mahmood and Brent Patrick like this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No because with these comments it is clear he is not connected at all.

10. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I haven't been following the deuterium posts at all... i saw it lately cropping up though and i need to look it up..

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

12. Michalis

Michalis New Member

At the airport, off to Thailand for a month. Finally booked it as i am feeling i am breaking down in London. 1 month of sunshine. My previous trip there was 3 years ago... I felt really alive the time i spent over there. I hope to get that feeling back under the strong sunshine.
    Lets see. Unfortunately i have to go through Bangkok and it is not exciting at all but it will only be 2 days there. Then heading south. Anyone around Phuket reading this ping me a message.

13. Michalis

Michalis New Member

In Thailand absorbing the sun. I got plenty of time so I read Jacks' book couple of times. Reading the blogs and watching the podcasts with him on. Small steps to try understand what is going on with me. In parallel i understand how the medical establismesment is deeply flawed.Having relieved of my savings to pay for my mums spinal osteoporotic fracture and my knee arthritis ordeal is only validating Jack's point along with the others who talk about it like Becker and Marino.I try to follow his advise to embrace my discomfort as an agent of change. This is the lesson I am trying to internalize and believe me it is a really a hard pill to swallow as I feel I am breaking down completely.I wake up I the morning and feel 100 years old with a mind like a flat line.
    The sun feel good for me over here but a month won't cut it. I will need a hell lot of sun and CT to see some change. Everything that I read points to that direction so yes the data is there. The most radical change I need to do is move from London and that means I should also find a way to make ends meet doing manual work which I am not afraid of, what I need to make sure is see if I am able to do it with all the aches I got. Jack posted a something the other day on a thread about nihilism that was really inspiring and I keep going back to it for inspiration. It is really great to understand that Einsteins' equation works both ways and that actually everything is possible but it needs consistency and discipline to make like a sphinx and moreover stop listening the others who haven't got the data. Especially those who keep telling me to put my tinfoil hat on. It is a very lonely journey and tough going against the grain however I am grateful about this forum as it us a beacon of knowledge on this journey.

KrusinWitchie, Sheddie and Phosphene like this.
  14. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Observations from Thailand.
    The European elderly tourists are quite fat and run down if you compare them with the Thai of the same age group. The difference? Thai people live an outdoor life and they constantly are under uv light and grounded.
    However: The amount of WiFi and nnemf is vast here too. It is easier to spot the celltowers and the power and telecom cables are really wild over the streets.
    I had a conversation with a Canadian teacher who was hosting me and living here for 15 years. She has noticed that obesity has started appearing on the sly.. Not like the west obviously. I have noticed a few obese people but not many. One common theme like everywhere is seeing people clutching their mobile phones constantly.

Personally I am under the sun a lot here. I go to the beach , ground, sleep a lot and early and eat carbs as obviously they grow naturally here. I haven't put any weight on , I might have actually lost weight as I have noticed the fluctuation.

But again it is really striking to see the state of all these elder European in comparison with the Thai. What the indoor blue lit world and lack of natural exposure is doing to us. Sometimes one has to see or experience to believe.

I haven't done any CT here but coupled with strong sunlight must be a match made in heaven.

I did a basic blood test and all came up great except HDL which was slightly low at 53. So more sunlight for me. Even my Bun/creatinine ratio dropped to 13. In London it had reached 29. So something good us happening. My blood glucose was relatively low too at 87.

I am curious to retest but in depth. Possibly before I leave.

my 23 and me is currently getting analysed so I am curious to see what that will show in terms for snp and such.

Generally the sun is doing a lot of good to me. My aches are still there obviously so work in progress.

Phosphene and Inger like this.
  15. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Back to London. Holiday in the sun-mission accomplished. I loved the sunshine and i got dark really fast. I was seriously jet lagged and i slept a lot the last 2 nights... like 12 hours each. I feel super weird being back and not motivated at all with the Great British weather.

It is really cold here and i feel my cold adaptation has gone down after Thailand... i had a cold shower without problem as soon as i arrived but i feel cold inside the house now! That was not happening before.. I guess i got unused to the cold very fast..

It took me a while to wind down in Thailand but eventually it happened.. I had a lot to think and at some point i had a breakthrough through the clutter in my head.So for at least a week my brain stopped and let go and just absorbed the sun. I don't know if it was my mental state or eventually my dopamine levels rose or both... I guess these two are dancing together.. It was a Jack Kruse holiday really.. Lots sun, grounding reading blogs and podcast watching..

I don't really think that Thailand is optimal though unless you go somewhere with really really low population density.. I think they have got a massive nnemf issue from my observation of cell towers, Wifi Repeaters on the street everywhere, power lines and this crazy mess of telecom lines hanging. And 4G Everywhere! those who have visited SE Asia probably know the kind of cable mess i am talking about. I think it is possible to find places to live over there at least temporary , but it has to be very rural , or in remote islands.

For the first time in my life i got a smartphone in Thailand and used it over there..I wasn't very confident going about with 2 bad knees so i wanted to be able to have a map and info for my surroundings always. All i can say is i find it extremely disruptive as wanted to keep looking at it.. Eventually i was going to the beach and leaving it at the hotel.. Now i am back i have already DE-commissioned it. Enough!

Food-wise there is a lot of amazing seafood there... and really cheap oysters. When spotted i was always having them.. super cheap and already cleaned ,put into a container and it was 50 to 100 Baht for at least 20.

The ugly side of the food is MSG... it is ubiquitous there... I visited supermarkets and it seems like a staple... not good.. Also sugar.. The concept of not using sugar fleets them, which i guess makes sense because of the high quantum yield environment.
    Fruit is great though.. Since the sunshine and UV was quite strong i seized the opportunity to sample the fruit and it was just great..And the greatest thing of all, i didn't put any weight on... Which for an x-obese person is great :)

The craziest thing of all is seeing all these products that they use over there to whiten their skin , for cultural reasons obviously. I made a Thai friend there and jokingly i was called Burmese and Khmer too, as i got really dark (They got a lot of Burmese and Cambodians working outside in construction, so they are exposed to the sun all the time and get really dark) . It is a class issue.. How people twist things...

Bottom line, it was a good holiday, i got a lot of sunshine but i need a hell of a lot more to make a difference.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

All the best to you

I do too. We've been feeding off of quantum yield. Walking into a building during the day is an increasingly unattractive prospect to me more and more.

Michalis likes this.
  17. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Thanks mate, I could not agree more.. When i stay in i am stuck in front of a screen. The promise of an outdoor existence shows some light in the tunnel. I am considering Sean's advice and take off using Workaway..There are a lot of opportunities around the world and even in Mexico. But i need some dosh first as i am officially unemployed and looking for another IT contract, as the bills are currently running.

In the meantime i started BAB breakfast epi-Paleo style. In a few days i will be in Ketosis for the rest of the winter here. No dairy-No nightshades, no fowl or grain. Blue blockers in on in the evening.

Sheddie likes this.
  18. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I have completely fallen off the EpiPaleo wagon the last couple of weeks, negating my last post... I am still wearing my blue blockers in the evening though.
    Not much of London was needed to reverse the optimism and the chemical balance in my head.Got a new IT contract and i am back to work. I am not feeling great.

On another note I got my 23andme test results and i think it confirms i have to go south, not worst, just south :)

My maternal Haplotype is U1a1 (Paternal J-L26)

The U1a1 haplogroup (Found in Caucasus , Middle East, Greece, South Italy, Balkans, West India)

Methylation Profile

VDR Bsm rs1544410 CC -/-
    VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+
    MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GG +/+
    MTR A2756G
    rs1805087 AG +/-
    MTRR A66G
    rs1801394 AG +/-
    MTRR K350A
    rs162036 AG +/-

My Detox Profile:

CYP1A1 C2453A rs1799814 GG -/-
    CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 GG +/+
    CYP2C19*17 rs12248560 CT +/-
    GSTP1 I105V rs1695 AG +/-
    GSTP1 A114V rs1138272 CT +/-
    NAT2 R197Q rs1799930 AG +/-

I did a little research on the VDR Taq and it seems i might need a hell of lot more sunshine that from what i was even expecting to get Vit D into my system.. But again i am not sure of the interplay of all these things along with my environment as well.. I will keep researching. If i have to take into account what i have been reading in my Promethease report i will just go mad.. There is so many conflicting genes and information in the genome... It is amazing how the environment can influence this blueprint and tip the scales one way r another..

Anyone with more knowledge on SNPs , please feel free to comment. I would be greatful for any insights.

Antonis likes this.
  19. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

That's good mate. Interesting. Did you have any customs to pay when the kit arrived from US? I ordered for myself to UK.
    I think there are some sites that you could upload your data and it tells you your SNP

20. Michalis

Michalis New Member

No i didn't have to pay anything extra. The kit actually arrives from the Netherlands and goes back to Netherlands then DHL forwards it to the States. They give you a tracking number too.. it is just takes a long time.

Once the kit is analyzed you can request your raw data.. You can then upload them to Promethease and can be analysed for free or a fiver... i didnt pay more than a fiver.. You can get your SNPs and detox profile at Genetic Genie for free or donation.

Then , let the games begin.. haha

Antonis likes this.