1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal - Light at the end of a tunnel...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by PJP71, Aug 5, 2018.

1. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

I have always been a health conscious person but over the last few years I've begun to realize how much misinformation we've been fed our whole lives. I've always been active and my diet is pretty healthy compared to the norm. I am 47 but most people think I am at least 10 years younger. Even though I look younger and am fit by most peoples standards, I expect to feel better than I do despite my efforts. In other words, I don't feel optimal. At about the age of 42 I began feeling more fatigued than usual. My blood pressure would sometimes be considered in the pre-hypertension stage, but I attributed it to "white coat syndrome".

After the birth of my daughter almost 2 years ago, I began a quest to become as healthy and fit as possible. Being an older father, I realize this is important if I want to be a large part of her life and keep up with her later. I began to look at things more closely. My wife said I made funny noises when I slept but not exactly snoring. Knowing I had a deviated septum and was also a mouth breather, I suspected sleep apnea and knew that could cause hypertension. which was confirmed after a sleep study. It has always been difficult for me to fall asleep so I knew CPAP probably wouldn't work. I tried it anyway and could not tolerate it. This lead me to get sinus surgery to correct my deviated septum which has definitely helped my breathing. After a 2nd sleep study, I've been diagnosed with positional sleep apnea. So as long as I am on my side I don't have it. I also asked my doctor to do some labs a few years ago suspecting low testosterone. Quite a few things were checked but everything was "within normal range" except for DHEA S. After googling "low DHEA S" I found Dr. Kruse's blog on it, which then led me here. I've always had a voracious appetite for knowledge, especially when it come to heath and the human body. I love to learn the science behind things and know I can learn a great deal here.

I am trying to get a feel for the basics to start incorporating them in my life. From my first few sessions on the forum, it seems this list is a good way to start the basics:
    1. Sunlight - need more
    2. Un-fluoridated water - need to find this
    3. Magnetism/grounding to Earth/CT protocol - beyond walking barefoot, will learn more
    4. seafood - not a seafood lover but willing to try more
    5. Self Confidence - check
    6. Friends who connect with you in life and not just on line. - definitely need more, difficult with baby but need to find a way

If there are other basics or things I should incorporate, someone please let me know.

Since it has been a few years, I would like to get some more testing done to get a baseline. I just want to make sure I get the right tests and at the right labs.

It might be of note that I did a ketogenic diet for 6 months and had good results getting leaner and felt a slight energy boost. I came off of it as it became very limiting. Not opposed to trying it again though.
    I have been doing intermittent fasting for almost a year with good results.
    I have been using potassium bicarbonate to help with blood pressure with good results.

If anyone has some suggestions or other info, please feel free. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, where do I look to find out more about being a member? I am not rich, but I consider my health to be my most important asset and value the knowledge it takes to get it optimal and should be able to join soon.

caroline and Joyfun like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

WELCOME

https://www.facebook.com/drjackkruse/posts/2255265984537743

People do not realize how light works. If you saw how LED tracks are made you realize something deep about cells. The add LED tracks to an aluminum track which acts as a heat sink to dissipate heat. If they did not do that do you know what happens? The LED changes its color. Anytime an LED diode changes its color it means its frequency has also shifted. When frequency shifts the power, energy, and information in light is also shifted. What is the heat sink in cells? Water that the mitochondria make. What does blue and nnEMF in every part of the spectrum of light do to cells? Dehydrates them. What does that mean to cells? When you live in a blue-lit or nnEMF environment your cells are prone to emitting an inaccurate light diode signal. Every protein coded for by DNA acts as a light diode. Every protein on Earth has to be in an aqueous environment to operate properly. This means that the type of water in that aqueous environment is the rate-limiting step in information transfer. That is how we work optically and no one seems to realize it but my members.

PJP71 likes this.
  3. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Here are my labs. Yes they are a little old, but they are what brought me here. I will be updating as soon as I figure out everything I need to test for and how and where to do it. Feedback is welcomed.

upload_2018-8-5_21-52-13.png
    upload_2018-8-5_21-53-37.png
    upload_2018-8-5_21-54-47.png
    upload_2018-8-5_21-55-19.png

4. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

I just signed up as a gold club member. Excited to learn more. The biggest issue I will have is finding the time to read and watch everything. But I will do my best. Going to start with learning about Leptin. :thumbsup:

caroline likes this.
  5. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

My statistics:
    Age 47

Exercise regularly

Healthy diet

Positional sleep apnea

Poor sleep

Difficulty falling asleep and staying

Wake up not feeling refreshed

Fatigue

Low DHEA S

I looked to see if there was a list of questions but couldn't find anything. This is what I can think of right now. If there is other info I should list let me know.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you do not have a sexual performance problems you may want to keep testosterone level on the back burner.
    Just keep in mind that low testosterone promotes arteries plaque buildup.
    Even with those problems I would ventured to say that all of your prolems should improve when you (at first) take care of two items:

Cortisol
    DHEAs
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Preliminary goal for:
    DHEAs men 350-500 μg/dL
    Women 275-400 μg/dL

I would use 50mg/day of DHEA pills rather than the 25mg I see on what you posted.
    Get of the bed naturally, no alarms. (if you have to, plan on getting one hour earlier to have safety margin.)
    spend lots of time early in the morning outside looking at the sky, rain or shine
    spend some time outdoors around noon time
    After 2-3 months
    get DUTCHtest.com

That will allow you to evaluate lots of items on your Steroid Hormone Panel.

With monetary constrains there are ZRT tests available from amazon.com that will evaluate cortisol and DHEAs only.

……………….

PJP71 and drezy like this.
  7. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

@JanSz , Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.

No sexual performance problems, thankfully.
    I was told my testosterone was ok...?
    I have yet to supplement DHEA, that written part was a suggestion.

Questions:
    Trying to find recommended tests etc. to do an update (didn't see on the Quilt) Is the DUTCHtest.com what I am looking for?
    What forms and brands of DHEA are good quality?

8. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

As an update on starting things. I woke up without an alarm and went outside for 30 minutes the past 2 mornings as the sun rose above the rooftops in my neighborhood. Walked barefoot in the grass and faced the sun as much as possible.

caroline, Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do that every day.

Phosphene and PJP71 like this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use LEF.org
    but buy it at amazon.com

=================================================
    I use
    https://www.spectracell.com/
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT) $ 390.00
    CardioMetabolic Risk $ 150.00

=================
    https://dutchtest.com/men/

=========================

1 ------- Pregnenolone
    2 ------- Progesterone
    3 ------- Cortisol, AM, noon, PM
    4 ------- DHEAs
    5 ------- Androstenedione
    6 ------- Testosterone
    7 ------- SHBG
    8 ------- (E2)Estradiol
    9 ------- (E1)Estrone
    10 ------- Estrogens, Total
    11 ------- Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
    12 ------- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
    13 ------- NMR LipoProfile® With Insulin Resistance Markers (With Graph)
    14 ------- TSH, T4, FT4, T3, FT3, RT3
    15 ------- Prolactin,serum
    16 ------- Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    17 ------- Insulin
    18 ------- Hemoglobin (Hb) A1c
    19 ------- Homocysteine, Plasma
    20 ------- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
    21 ------- PTH Parathyroid hormone
    22 ------- Tumor Necrosis Factor-α -----------M17.12

PJP71 likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Thanks Dr. Kruse. I'm trying to soak up as much of this as I can. Important to learn about the different types of light and water. I'm trying to give myself a crash course and get up to speed as quickly as possible. I hope you will chime in about my labs as well.

14. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Got it. Thanks. Will look into these tests. So you prefer these as opposed to going to a labcorp or quest?

15. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

16. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

Forgive my learning curve but What is DDW? Trying to follow...

Lahelada likes this.
  17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I'm going to try to copy & paste some helpful things to you tomorrow when I am on the computer.

Try not to get overwhelmed. There is so much new info coming your way all of a sudden.

DDW is deuterium depleted water & it is not a rabbit hole I would recommend to a brand newbie who does not have cancer. Don't sweat it ... you'll get there in good time.

My husband has a deviated septum and can only sleep well on one side ~ so I get that ~ and my understanding is that you are saying you currently only experience sleep apnea when you roll out of your ideal position?

Also know that some people here are very lab-happy and some are not. Pay attention to what you see and hear Dr. Kruse himself say. That's important to keep in mind. Just because something may be posted all over this forum does not mean that it is what he would recommend for your situation at all.

caroline, Sue-UK, Phosphene and 2 others like this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DDW=Deuterium Depleted water
    Starting strength 87.5ppm
    Which is DDW-25ppm mixed with ordinary tap water (or any other fancy water).

PJP71 likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not go to Quest.
    The list with 22 items is for LabCorp.

PJP71 likes this.
  20. PJP71

PJP71 Silver

@Jenelle , Thanks for the insight. It is a little overwhelming at times but I appreciate everyones feedback and suggestions. I just may not understand all of it right away.
    Yes, If I can stay on my side, I'm fine. The apnea only occurs when I am on my back.
    I might be lab happy too if I could afford it. Since that is not the case, I just want to make sure I do things the right way when I do get them done (right tests, right time, right place.) Currently searching for all of Dr. Kruse's golden nuggets.:glasses:

Jenelle likes this.