1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Journal - hormonal imbalances and low blood pressure

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sun-sybarite, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

I'm a 39 yr old woman living in south India ( Latitude: 12.9716° N, altitude:920 m). I am lucky for the good health I have , I love my body and try taking good care of it because it does its best for me.The things in this blog resonate with me and I also like some of the technical stuff bcos I'm a bit of a science geek. It has also helped my myopia.
    At the moment I have two problems that I am grappling with:

Hormonal Imbalance:

From childhood I have faced debilitating tonsilitis infections almost everymonth that took away a large part of my energy and I was a runt. Didn't have much energy for life or sports. I remember my teacher called me lazy, but I wasn't I did the best I could but at times couldn't help feeling apathetic.
    At 16 I developed PCOS - fatigue, acanthosis nigricans,hair falling in clumps, weight gain, irregular cycles etc. Ayurveda controlled this for a while. My pregnancy was aided by fertility treatments but after that I stopped treating my PCOS as there seemed no permanent cure.
    A few years back (maybe due to working in a night shift) my hormones began to go crazy. I was amenorrhic for 18 months, my thyroid was low, I ballooned in weight which won't go away - it seems like low DHEA and HGH from the symptoms I understand - hair falling in clumps till I am almost bald, extreme fatigue(like tired and bed ridden all day), terrible memory, confused thinking, sagging flabby skin, even if I get sun for a day the sunburn takes months vanish ,excessive sweating, thirst which just won't go away.

Worse when I exercise, my bones and joints(knee, lower back ) hurt, so beyond gentle walks I don't do much. my bones also feel weak and easily breakable. Maybe osteoporosis, which a lot of women in my family have.

With the help of Ayurveda Panchakarma - and changing to a job with proper timings - I was able to bring my thyroid and my cycle back to normal - this was over a period of 18-20 months. But my other hormones it is not easy to find a doctor for this here. Endocrinologists only look at diabetes or thyroid or serious diseases if anything else they send women patients to gynacologists. All my gyno said ( after a scan) that I still had PCOS and she told me to check my Vit D levels. She prescribed me D chriro and myo inositol. She wouldn't even take me seriously when I asked about DHEA and HGH.
    At the gyno clinic they seem more focused towards fertility treatments as that is quite a lucrative business these days. I am looking for a place here where they check the complete panel of hormones for women, maybe I will have good news soon.

My lab test results:
    Haemoglobin:12.8 (Normal Range(NR): 11-16)
    T3:0.82 (NR:0.60-1.81)
    T4:8.90 (NR:5.01-12.45)
    TSH:3.86 (NR:0.35-5.50)
    Serum calcium:9.00 (NR: 8-10.5)
    Fasting blood sugar:87 mg/dL ( NR:70-100)
    Cholestrol total:156 (NR:<200)
    Triglycerides:96 (NR:<150)
    HDL :46 (NR:>50)
    LDL:90.80 (NR:<100)
    VLDL :19.20 (< 30)
    Ejection Fraction :60 %

Low Blood Pressure:

Another problem I have developed in past 2 yrs is low blood pressure/fast heart rate. I don't know from where this came. Most times my BP is 90/60 and the pulse was 85 yesterday.On the net some articles say this can be the beginning of autoimmune disorders which is a bit confusing and scary. I have tried detoxing with sodium thiosulphate, methylene blue, homeopathy, maca root. On these supplements/meds, my diastolic BP gets pushed up artificially - it goes upto 100-87 or 98-85 - and gives me a headache and nausea.

It is so strange that only the diastolic goes up but the systolic remains unchanged. Has anyone here faced this? Or even know why? I read here somewhere that the diastolic is the pressure the blood pushing against the walls of the vessels. But then what is the systolic?

Low blood pressure also interferes with other medications. Like I tried evening primrose oil for my horrible hairfall to help with the DHT( bcos of the PCOS) but I got palpitations, chest pain.sweatung. I checked it out at the cardiologist. They checked my calcium, troponin, did a heart scan, ECG and everything was okay. The doctor said that there were minor abnormalities in the ECG and to visit after few months but after 6 months it was fine at the next checkup. So i believe it is not my heart but something else.

Doctors here don't take low BP seriously. They just told me to have regular meals and lots of salt. But I want to know the reason for this, blood pressure seems a very mysterious subject. Also when I sit in the sun now, I feel worse, my BP gets even more low and I get a headache all day. So I can't be in anything except very early morning sun and not long.

The low BP makes the fatigue because of my hormones worse. I used to sleep for 9-12 hrs( love my sleep!!) but now only 7 hours and wake up with palpitations. I used to fast one day a month but now get palpitations even if I miss a meal and pain in the chest area. Chest muscles feel weak and not able to life heavy stuff, esp. with left arm. Confusion in thinking.
    Only thing which makes me better is vitamin C. I take it as sodium ascorabate, The more I take the better I feel. I don't take any other medication.

I've stopped using my mobile phone, wifi is off at night. There is population and technological density here but I don't watch TV and I want to improve my eyesight and have( see my post on this). I eat healthy- lots of steamed veggies, low quantity of carbs - though I can't seem to burn fat - maybe bcos of low DHEA, Progesterone due to the PCOS. I am a vegetarian, but after reading Dr.K's stuff do try to eat fish once a week, and eggs too. I am trying to quit vegetable oils and switch to coconut oil - its easily available here and fresh too - but get chest pain if I take too much coconut oil and put on even more weight. Again maybe problem burning fats?

So my next step is to find a good doctor to deal with the hormonal imbalance. The myo/D-chiro-inositol the gyno gave for PCOS caused me severe gastritis and burning sensation in my food pipe for days which was unbearable. And I need to get my other hormones tested as well.

As for the low BP, I am all out of ideas. Maybe once my hormones are in balance I can try for ketogenic diet. I have read of others trying it with some success and even having fun with it. It might help my poor confused brain.
    If anyone else has faced unexplainable low blood pressure like this - or would like to share anything that might help or that is interesting - I would love to hear their thoughts/their journey/their story!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Welcome.

How densely populated are we talking here? A city of thousands, millions? Is there nature close by where you can't get any phone signal?

Do you use artificial light after sunset? And where is your bedroom located, on ground floor? It's smart that you changed your job to proper timings, shift work is always sub-optimal.
    Coconut oil is a much better choice than vegetable oils. Especially in summer, for other foods the general rules are: it has to be local and in season. Curcumin is a good addition. Yes it would be wise to add fish and perhaps some other animal products if you're up for it.

What type of water do you drink? Do you CT in some way? Any grounding?

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sybarite definition, person devoted to luxury and pleasure.

@Sun-sybarite
    Be consistent with your name.
    Use lots of sun.
    Currently you may be out of touch with sun.
    So, you have to start slowly.
    It takes about a month of incremental exposure to skin to develop proper skin callus.
    Post your location or at least latitude.
    Anyhow, get sunlight within two hours before and after solar noon.
    Make sure to expose max amounts of skin to sunlight, including breasts and genitals.
    Eat food that contains sulfur and carotenes.
    garlic, onions, leeks
    carrots, peppers

Myopia is recent disease, due to technology, due to spending excessive time in front of TV or computer monitors or cell phones

Being vegetarian will be tough. Make sure that you eat eggs.

Get this set of minerals and testing set.
    Using it you will be following your test buds to get to proper level.
    MTK plus - Liquid Minerals Test Kit
    http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct404.aspx

You can get very good Steroid hormone panel that will work for you without involving doctors.

https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-complete-sample-report/

https://dutchtest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Steroid_Pathway_Jan2016.pdf

But before you spent $$ make sure that you will be able to buy hormones that likely will be need.
    Pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA.

You have problems with your thyroid.
    You will need
    selenium
    Lugols
    Natural Thyroid Hormone (NTH) from pigs (you are vegetarian????)

Cholestrol total:156

your cholesterol is low, eat lots of variety of animal fats
    if you eat seafood and live near equator, that may be mismatch, fish may not help you.

Edit, in another post you say: "I live in tropical India."

Ask your doctor if you can get this test:

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

That would give us better picture.

And you wrote this: "Without sun there is no life"

Keep that in mind.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  4. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

@WalterNL Thank you! This is a city of millions but residential parks do offer some breathing space. A few times in a week. I try to go larger parks which are not surrounded by establishments which have EMF. I will try and see if there are any completely signal free places close to nature that is easily accesible - something that you can go at least weekly. That is a good idea thanks!

I live in an apartment , its located on the third floor. I also have a roof top garden where I get sun everyday. I ground everyday especially after spending time on the computer(for the job)- I feel like I was a battery it just sucked the energy from. I ground for an hour and feel human again, I could do it all day and not eat anything! Even if I'm hungry if I ground the hunger goes away, its like the earth feeds my whole body. Btw, I lie down on the ground wearing minimal clothing - just keeping my feet on the ground does nothing for me. Since I can't be in the sun much( as it makes me dizzy and my BP lower) I do earthing more nowadays.

For some reason I never could bear white lights on my skin, even before I read Dr.Kruse's blog. So most of my lights are orange/yellow lights(LED, tubelights) and the remaining I plan to switch to yellow too. In my home after 7pm we use only ambient lights, so no problem. Only exception is my school going kid who needs strong white light for studying - I don't know what to do for her. She also spends so much time on the computer, I am getting her blue blocking glasses.

Unfortunately since I have prescription glasses with high power, I am not able to wear blue blockers.

Indians use turmeric all the time, every meal 3/4 times a day, so its all good. And yes, definitely I eat only the local/seasonal produce, its more accesible and fresher. I eat an egg everyday bcos its a good source of vitamins and someone here also said of glutathione. I like it now and even crave it(so weird!). I will think about other animal products maybe chicken. I was thinking of gelatin because I hear its good for the bones.

I also want to do something for my muscles , they are so weak, even sitting up straight for more than a half hour make my back muscles hurt something fierce. I am trying to do exercises with small weights and they help. But I wonder if this is normal to have such weak muscles...I can't lift anything too heavy as well. Looking back to my teens , when compared to my peers I always seem to have had less stamina, able to lift lesser weights.....wonder why.

As for water I boil it and put a small leaf of holy basil it it, let it cool down and drink it - I like it this way. Some Indians drink it this way in copper vessels, but I don't use copper. I was also thinking about heating the water in the sun....

For CT, I know Dr.K said that pathway is there for all mammals but IDK, I've never thought about doing it. If you have low hormones, like low progesterone, will CT work for you?

I went and checked out the CT page and maybe I could try the face dunking for 2 weeks, its hot enough here and it might help my sleep!

Thanks again for the welcome and your time @WalterNL:)

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  5. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Well you're looking in the right direction. That city will be a problem though, within an appartment building is usually impossible to get away from nnEMF, and cities have a lot of such buildings. If you can't get well even while following all protocols on this site, the problem is most likely the city. If you can afford it there are magnetic pads to improve sleep, your body has to experience a magnetic field at night for optimal sleep.

The water you use is tap water? If so, do you know if it's clean enough i.e. doesn't contain fluoride? It's important to drink water with the least amount of fluoride. The water should be cold too. You can install f.lux on your computer to limit blue light exposure. Face dunks are fine to start CT, getting cold helps me sleep much better. Yes gelatin is good stuff, you can make bone broths from animal or fish bones.

There are also blue bockers (from UVEX) you can wear over your normal glasses.

These pages have more general tips: https://www.jackkruse.com/redox-rx/ https://www.jackkruse.com/paleo-rx-easy-start-guide/ https://www.jackkruse.com/organizational-structural-failure-6-mitochondrial-rx/

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In another place you have mentioned low progesterone and other problems that looks like were due to low progesterone.

If you have ability to test them it would be a good idea to monitor it, it is very important hormone, dr Jack like it high.
    Your cholesterol is low.
    Progesterone is a second hormone right after pregnenolone which is created from cholesterol.
    Your cholesterol is low.
    Eating lots of good fats would help.
    From the foods that you mentioned, eggs. Try to increase eggs consumption.

7. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

Monday was a good start to the week. I tried out a fish stew(mackerel) recipe and it came out well. I also did face dunking; it was refreshing in the heat. It was for 30 intervals of 30 secs each after dinner. When I woke the next day I had slept for 9 and a half hours! I was so happy bcos - me and my sleep, we're kind of attached to each other,lol. Due to my BP I hadn't been able to sleep for longer than 7 hrs for over a year and I had missed sleeping longer. Also my skin felt good - soft and firm.
    I guess I felt good, so I went out midday, got a lot of hot Indian sun, for around 12noon to 3 pm. I was able to handle it. But after work was too tired to do the facedunking, earthed maybe 20 mins. Today I woke up with a debilitating headache, nausea- couldn't keep even a mouthful of water down. The pounding in my head was unbearable and seemed to echo my pulse so I checked my BP and it was high 130-90 and over the hour it rose to 140-97! I was surprised, I had never had high BP before, it was usually ranged around 90/60 to 100/70.
    I think my blood pressure centre in my brain( or wherever) is going haywire. I went to my GP and she gave me something for high BP. I slept in a dark room after taking that and only now feel human. Have no idea what brought that on. But I still want to do face dunking today it feels soothing and refreshing for the mild headache I still have.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  8. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

Hi @JanSz, thanks for all the links, I was poring over the steroid pathway pdf and trying to understand it, some of it made sense but a lot went over my head unfortunately.

Thanks also for all the useful advice, yes I will try to take lots of sun - already get morning sun, but noon sun?? Here its like 38 Celsius - 100 Fahrenheit - and it only gets hotter after noon. I can try and get some in say at 10 am. Yes, I do get sulphur and beta carotene foods. Right now I eat eggs with very orange yolks - so maybe thats beta carotene and cholestrol? Also I crave onions. People here also drink Aloe Vera juice -say 15 ml a - day for some months of the year. Its supposed to have lots of MSM(sulphur) I think. When I drink it my skin looks so good! Its available in plenty here and I also grow it. Maybe I will try that also.

It makes sense Myopia is a recent disease. Sometimes I wondered what early man did when he was shortsighted before glasses were invented, lol, but now I know this was a disease of lack of sunlight in the eye. When I developed myopia , it was more from less sunlight in eye in combination with reading lots of (paper) books with fine print. It was the lack of sun plus eyestrain that did me in, IMO.

JanSZ, I have posted the normal ranges( as well as my latitude) with my labs.I'm sorry I didn't post the normal ranges earlier. At least 3 doctors had a look at my thyroid tests and confirmed my thyroids were normal. Can you please have a look again, with the ranges and let me know if you still think they're below par? Also the same thing for cholestrol.

It is very difficult to get bio identical hormones here without a prescription. They're usually prescribed for menopausal women. I have been talking to a doctor attached to a compounding pharmacy here and she has asked me to send all my reports which I will have to do tomorrow. They have hormone panel tests and bioidentical hormones, so hopefully something will work out.

With the way I'm ballooning - I look obese though I weigh like 60 kg - it would be grossly unfair if my cholestrol was too low,lol! Just my luck - instead of using it for my good hormones, my body is using it to make visceral fat, or whatever aargh:( . I will ask my doctor about the fatty acids test and the mineral tests too @JanSz. Tests here are available and affordable, its only that all of them need a doctor to prescribe them for you. There are exceptions like preventative health checkups, but they're tests which are prepackaged together and I don't think you can add on to those.

Yes, I read that about living near the equator and not needing that much DHA.Thats good because I wasn't having much luck convincing my kid to try fish, she didn't seem that much enamored with the smell! So can I give her those codliver capsules then? My HDL is low( it appears that a lot of women with PCOS have low HDL) but the truth is we eat a lot of Omega 6 oils and practically no Omega3/9. Some people with heart conditions do try and include flaxseed but that is not DHA, I think.

Thanks again for all the detailed suggestions and your time; you've given me a lot to think about/work on!

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    JanSz likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Your thyroid panel is incomplete.
    But even with the thyroid tests that you posted it looks low.
    Re-read my post #3.
    The more tests that I mention you can get the better feedback you will get here.

You likely have low progesterone.

Myopia --- lack of sun exposure (plus) blue light at the wrong time of the day.
    When in doubt compare your vit D tests with this:
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    but you can have it up to 50% higher.

[​IMG]

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-2#post-108557

[​IMG]

===================================
    "The Evolutionary Significance of Iodine," essential reading. Iodine is required for myelination and is the body's supreme cellular antioxidant.
    2011_Venturi_Evolutionary_Significance_of_Iodine.pdf · version 1

Dr Jorge D. Flechas, MD - Whole Body Iodine Sufficiency

Published on Nov 2, 2014

Note
    thyroid holds 50mg iodine
    whole body holds 1500mg iodine
    ----------
    low iodine leads to high estrogen
    ----------
    symporter may be sick

3-4 years excess iodine to clear bromine

//////////////////

Why Natural Thyroid is Better than Synthetic

http://jeffreydachmd.com/why-natural-thyroid-is-better-than-synthetic/

Hashimotos, Selenium and Iodine

http://jeffreydachmd.com/hashimotos-selenium-and-iodine-part-two/

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-2#post-113774

Jack Kruse's way to optimize labs.

http://jackkruse.com/what-are-the-optimizing-labs/

What Are The Optimizing Labs?
    August 26, 2011 By Jack Kruse Comments (100)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Readers Summary
    1. What labs might I consider with my healthcare provider?
    2. How do I start?
    3. Is the quantified self platform of testing a commitment?
    4. How long should it take before I become rockstarish?
    5. The secret sauce is not the lab data but in how they are interpreted!
    When you finally decide to take total control of you life and optimize yourself I always suggest testing. Many of you have bombarded my email and my twitter account for a blog to a list of those labs. Well, today’s post is for you. I was resistant to do this because I felt having the list of labs is a waste of time if you don’t have a physician who can decipher what they all mean for you. 7 years ago, I could not tell you what this group of labs meant at all to your optimal health. I learned it by reading and going to classes to optimize myself. After much reflection I have decided to give you what you asked for. I am fortunate because many of the PCP’s I work with understand these tests well. I may also update it as I think it needs to be updated over time.

The first set of labs are what I call the core lab set for optimization. There are other panels I add to the core lab based upon the history, physical, and the food logs I will have patients give me. This blog is meant to be a resource for you to refer back to when the need arises. Discuss these with your doctor but don’t assume they will run out to order them because they may not know what all these tests will tell them. That part takes some time. I recommend starting the dialogue with your doctor to assess their willingness to help you. Most of my PCP doctors are awesome “helpers” to their patients with these issues. This requires a lot of work on the doctors part and the patients part. Do not be surprised if this is not covered by insurance. The time required to optimize someone is unreal. I know how long I spent optimizing myself 6 years ago. It was a tedious process but I was not going to give up because I believed my life depended upon it. For most people, 2-3 years you can expect the changes you want. If you are really in tough shape it may take longer but that should not deter you. I love patients who bring big challenges. They are the most appreciative patients I have had in the last 5 years. We can never settle for a C or D when an A is possible.

Lab Panels
    1. VO2 Max assessment (cardio pulmonary findings lead to a work up if needed.)
    2. Initial visit DEXA with body comp. Optimization a DEXA scan to include body composition scores.
      F/U visits I use BIA assessments to monitor progress and limit radiation exposure.
    3. Neuro cognitive battery of tests to assess processing speed, response speed, memory , learning, and attention repeated annually.
    4. Chemistry 20
    5. Liver function testing
    6. Serum Iron, TIBC, Serum Ferritin and Iron % Saturation
    7. Lipid panel: VAP and/or NMR analysis
    8. Homocysteine level
    9. Complete CBC with differential and platelet count (sometimes an Ivy bleeding time)
    10. Hormone panel includes (gender specific)……serum and salivary cortisol, Total testosterone, Free testosterone, % Free T, DHT, LH, FSH, Estradiol (E2) high sensitivity, DHEA-S, PSA, IGF-1, Consider based upon history testing levels of progesterone, pregnenolone, melatonin, serum and urine Osmolarity, Prolactin levels
    11. Complete thyroid panel with antibody screening (TPO etc)
    12. Complete Urinalysis (women get beta HCG if they menstruate)
    13. Highly Sensitive CRP (Not a regular CRP)
    14. Complete Vitamin D panel
    15. Omega 6/3 serum test (for severe findings consider tissue assay)
    16. Fasting serum insulin and HbA1c assessment
    17. No panel is complete without an ASI and salivary melatonin level. Read Brain Gut 11 to understand why.
    The next set of labs are considered add ons if the patients’ history or physical require it being looked at.

Cancer history of colon, breast, ovary
    1. CEA for colon cancer
    2. CA 125 for ovarian cancer
    3. CA 27.29 for breast cancer
    4. AFP blood test
    5. CA125, 15-3, 27.29, 19.9,
    6. BRCA 1 and 2 screen
    Previous heart disease
    1. Apo A-1 and B
    2. B Natriurietic Factor
    3. LpA status, Lp-PLA2
    4. CIMT
    5. Calcium Index Score
    Bone pathology
    1. Osteocalcin frozen blood analysis
    2. Se blood test
    3. RBC blood testing for Mg
    4. Deoxypyridinoline (DPD) Cross Link Urine Test
    5. Parathyroid Hormone assay
    Inflammatory/autoimmune panels
    1. EBV panel
    2. ANA panel
    3. Complete Cytokine Assay
    4. Candida Antibodies
    5. Helicobacter IgG panel
    6. Hep A, B and C titers
    7. Breakout of Cytokine panel
    8. ESR
    9. RA factor
    10. SLE screen
    11. T Lymphocyte helper suppressor assay
    12. IL 8, IL 1 B or TNF alpha analysis
    I also think you need to have a thorough history and physical exam. You need to retest on a quarterly or biannual basis to get feedback on your lifestyle and regimen to get things right over time.

Once this is all correlated, you come up with a customized dietary plan, a medication/supplement plan, and exercise plan, basically a game plan for things you might consider altering for optimal health. It should be a collaboration between you and your doctor and your other health care providers.

This is a very labor intensive task for both patient and doctor. But if you remain persistent and consistent and your relationship with your physician congruent and always focusing in on your health you can reach any goal you have for yourself. It must be adaptable but yet have some core values to it to get you to the promised land. The secret sauce is not the lab list; it is found in the interpretation of those labs and how they correlate with your epigenetic switches. That is what determines how you partition calories and what diet and exercise program are best for your current biology. You should expect this to change over time as you become optimized. Nothing stays they same in biology. I learned this on my own journey and it has proven true in those I have helped re-engineer themselves back to optimal. Enjoy!

Leave a Comment

Your Shopping List for this Post
    Cites
    Related posts:
    1. Vitamin D: The Sunshine of Your Life?
    2. What are the Top 10 Paleo Supplements?
    3. Cold Thermogenesis 6: The Ancient Pathway
    4. EMF 2: Einstein, Meet Leptin
    5. EMF Rx: The Top Ten EMF FAQs
    Filed Under: Breast Cancer, Cancer, Colon Cancer, Epi Paleo, HCG, Leaky Gut / Grain Brain, Series: Miscellaneous, The Leptin Prescription, The Optimal Paleo Diet, Thyroid, Thyroid Cancer Tagged With: Optimized Labs

////////////////////////////////////

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-58#post-204931

http://blog.bodybio.com/download/why-41-ratio-oil/?wpdmdl=1268

The membrane is the outside skin that surrounds every cell,
    however, there is much more membrane on the inside of
    the cell, actually ten times more, surrounding all the tiny
    organelles inside the cell.

Cholesterol and Arachidonic Acid
    Two Vital
    FATS
    That Get No Respect

Cholesterol is not only a vital cellular molecule, it is also a large part of us, as it occupies 30-40% of our membrane (Gurr 2002 6). It is the precursor for vital hormones such as the adrenals, our fight or flight hormones, and the gonads, hormones that drive our reproductivemachinery. Cholesterol is important for the metabolism of the fat soluble vitamins, A, D, E and K, and is a precursor for bile acids which manage our fatty acid intake from the gut to the cells. It is intimately involved in regulating membrane fluidity over a wide range of temperatures,as well as creating a strong membrane structure, which,incidentally, equates to a strong overall metabolism. Most individuals with high cholesterol have a strong metabolism--- and they know it.
    Very little appears to impact one with high cholesterol, like airborne disturbances such as pollen with its potential for allergy,
    etc. “When present at high concentrations, cholesterol enhances the mechanical strength of the membrane, reduces its permeability, and suppresses the main-phase
    transition of the lipid bilayer” (McMullen 19967).

autistic spectrum disorder
    cognitive abilities
    Cholesterol is an essential element of myelin, the insulating material crucial for nerve function in the brain and central nervous system.
    hypo-cholesterolemia is common among tuberculous patients

How to raise Total Cholesterol?
    http://blog.bodybio.com/download/why-41-ratio-oil/?wpdmdl=1268

“Women who are having a difficult time becoming pregnant should first look at their cholesterol level as it is invariably low. As the diet is expanded to include essential fatty acids and phosphatidylcholine, the hormones derived from cholesterol normalize and pregnancy can more
    easily follow, and often does.
    Similarly, patients with environmental illness almost always have low cholesterol including those with sensitivity to foods, chemicals, or even frequencies, like Wi-fi , which are commonly due to
    the instability of the cell membrane. One patient complained that he had developed such a severe sensitivity to Wi-fi frequency that he could not travel or go into many business settings. His lab analyses revealed that he had a very low cholesterol level with a low Total Lipid Content
    within his red cells. The patient found relief from his symptoms after receiving high dosing with
    IV phosphatidylcholine and a diet high in eggs, butter, wild salmon and balanced essential fatty acid supplementation.”

----
    Personally, I would first do fatty acids analysis and then decide about salmon.

=====================================
    about lowering cholesterol'

Life is a balancing act. There
    are a large number of studies on the effectiveness of lowering
    cholesterol by using the primary parent EFAs, the

omega-6 linoleic, and omega-3 à-linolenic.
    http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-Cholesterol.pdf
    ===============================================

Low cholesterol is not healthy
    --- that’s a
    statement you will probably never hear or see in print.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

Wow, JanSz, thank you from the bottom of my heart for caring and taking your time to help me ( and I'm sure many others as well). I am meeting my doctor this week and was feeling a bit down as the consultation costs were high (higher than even the cardiologist) and I had already spent so much on doctors and endoscopies, scans and alternative treatments with no clear answers or solution. But seeing all this and Dr.K's pages I feel totally energised and hopeful that with all the information and guidance here I will be able to make sense and solve the problem.

I am taking down notes so that I can ask the doctor some of these things. Hope the doctor will prove a bit open minded!

Oh and also I paint myself with Iodine tincture everyday( alternating abdomen or chest). It gakes a while to absorb so I don't think I am completely deficient. There is Chlorine in our bathing water plus Iodine is good for PCOS so I do that. i don't think this Lugol's solution is available in India. I will ask in the pharmacy and see. Selenium is available as a part of a multimineral capsule, I also take Shilajit(fulvic acid) and have some orange sea salt in my cucumber juice and have lots of garlic.