1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Inconvenient Truth - Meg's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Meg M, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Meg M

Meg M New Member

I have three new sets of lab results to post. I've been a bit behind... Oct/Nov were heavy travel months at work. I also managed to fit in a trip to Cabo over Thanksgiving to load up on sun. Here at home at 4000 ft I'm still getting a bit of UVB here, weak though and for only about an hour per day. My Vit D was down to 66 (from 96 in Sept) even after my sun run to Cabo. I suspect less sun exposure could also explain my increase in inflammation/CRP.

I've been doing CT most every day that I'm home. I could last 20-30+ minutes when the pool was around 50. Now that the water is in the mid 30's 10 min has been my max. And I spend the next couple hours shivering like mad. I set my thermostat to 55 and its cold enough over night that the heat does kick on. If it's sunny the house may warm up to 60 or so, but no luck yesterday on a cloudy day. I had high hopes of waltzing in to Minnesota at Christmastime in short sleeves but I'm not (quite) there yet. One day at a time... The resort spa in Cabo had a cold plunge tub at 55 degrees and it really didn't feel bad at all. I stayed in a good 45 min. I wish I were adapting faster but that reminded me that at least I'm making progress.

I have a Sunlighten mPulse Believe on its way. Looking forward to doing more IR sauna sessions and being able to cool my core temp afterward in the pool. When I'm getting lots of sun/UV, my chest tends to break out. I've noticed that the IR sauna makes it better. Hoping a shorter daily session rather than 1-2 40 min sessions a week will help here, although its not as much of an issue this time of year with limited UV here.

After reading some studies on the effects of LLLT on hypothyroid patients (such as this one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22718472) , I'm doing some research on LLLT/thyroid and the B-Cure laser (http://laser.bcuredental.com/). If anyone has used the B-Cure I'd love to hear about it.

I've also managed to get my Estrogen: Progesterone ratio over 200 by increasing my dose (bioidentical progesterone days 14-28) from 150mg to 300mg over the past 3 months. Haven't noticed that I feel much different on the higher dose but time will tell.

Of course I'm eagerly awaiting my Quantlet's arrival... hoping Santa brings it for Christmas?! And then Playa del Carmen with the JK crew in Jan. Going to be a fun couple of months.

Attached Files:

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Date collected: 09/28/2016 0804 Local, menstruation cycle day=???
    Ferritin, Serum 267 High ng/mL 15 - 150
    Estradiol 144.5 pg/mL
    Progesterone 6.8 ng/mL
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 2.9 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4

Date collected: 11/01/2016 1456 Local, menstruation cycle day=???
    Estradiol 146.9 pg/mL
    Progesterone 20.2 ng/mL

Date collected: 12/02/2016 1420 Local, menstruation cycle day=???
    RBC 4.21 x10E6/uL 3.77 - 5.28 01
    Hemoglobin 13.2 g/dL 11.1 - 15.9 01
    Hematocrit 39.6 % 34.0 - 46.6 01
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 23 High 8 - 20
    Sodium, Serum 140 mmol/L 136 - 144
    Potassium, Serum 4.1 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.2 01
    Chloride, Serum 101 mmol/L 97 - 106 01
    DHEA-Sulfate 100.6 ug/dL 57.3 - 279.2 01
    Estradiol 90.3 pg/mL
    Progesterone 19.8 ng/mL
    Ferritin, Serum 206 High ng/mL 15 - 150
    Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum 3.3 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4
    ====================================================================

Increase DHEAs to Women 275-400 μg/dL
    Test FT3 and cortisol(7:30AM) at the same time
    eat your daily dose of thyroid hormones (after) blood draw.

======================================

3. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Thanks JanSz for the optimal DHEA level for women. I have increased my dose and will retest in 6 weeks. All PG:E2 labs have been drawn on Day 22 of cycle.

4. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Just received Neuroscience Essential lab results - salivary cortisol and urine neurotransmitter tests. Cortisol is low all day except late afternoon. I sleep in pitch dark, wake up when a tiny sliver of sun comes around the edges of my blackout curtains and spend 15-20 minutes outside grounded first thing in the morning watching the sun rise. I work at home and do not turn on any lights. I pop outside frequently throughout the day to get light on my eyes, but I'm not outside nearly as much as I was over the summer/fall. Once the sun sets, I put on blue blockers and use a candle or one amber/red bulb. I was hoping for a better cortisol curve. Still more work to do.

Attached Files:

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2016-12-16_16-46-26.png

Overall low cortisol.
    Evening cortisol sometimes may be "redistributed" by use of Serine.
    But your "high" cortisol is about adequate for the time of the day.
    You should evaluate 24hr FreeCortisol in urine,
    and many other
    using
    DUTCH
    https://dutchtest.com
    https://dutchtest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Female_Sample_Report_Complete_Nov2016.pdf

Good idea to get
    Spectracell.com
    Micronutrient Analysis
    included in the 35 items there is evaluation of functional levels of serine.
    Serine is also part of PhosphatidylSerine
    PhosphatidylSerine is part of mitochondrial membranes.

If you would have to supplement with Serine
    there is number of ways to go about it.
    It may me more efficient to use lipolysed PhosphatidylSerine
    that is included in BodyBio's PC.

Actually, it would be better to say that your next test should be
    Spectracel's Micronutrient Analysis.

That test contains/evaluates about all that will come to you from your Neuroscience test recommendations, and then some, and each item there is evaluated individually for its functional levels.
    ---
    If you would go that way,
    I think that you may hold off using their recommended supplementation (for possibly some latter use).
    ---
    I am not a doctor.
    /

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Haven't updated in a while. Starting in January I've been trying to emulate this LLLT/Hashimoto's study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20662037 using the B-Cure Laser (http://gd-energies.com) that I bought on eBay. The B-Cure is 808nm wavelength and cost about $550 USD. I have used the laser on my thyroid twice a week for 20 seconds. Then, in late February, I got my Quantlet and have been using it daily (usually P30 or P60). Between these two devices, added to my LWM practices, I have been able to reduce my thyroid medication dose three times since December, and will likely reduce again based on my most recent labs. For the first time ever, my TPO thyroid antibodies are within normal range at 33 (reference range is 0-34)! hsCRP is down to 2.3, again, the lowest it has ever been. Vit D is at 80 and my BUN/Cr ratio has come down to 18. I'm off all supplements now except some Mg at night, and only take my WP Thyroid and bioidentical progesterone. Adrenal curve is much improved. Last month, just as a data point, I tested for ovulation and got a positive result, which is a great sign my hormones have improved. I'm feeling well these days and amazed at how much improvement I've seen since I met Jack and really jumped into LWM a year ago.

I bought the B-Cure Laser because the Quantlets weren't out yet. I haven't tried it but I believe using the Quantlet on red/IR setting directly on the thyroid may bring similar benefits. If anyone has or will try this, I'd love to hear about it.

Attached Files:

Jude, kvond, labellavita and 4 others like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^THAT.

Love me some Meg.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

THE PATIENT REPORTS REGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES.
    THE PATIENT IS EXPERIENCING SIGNIFICANT FATIGUE IN THE MORNINGS
    THE PATIENT REPORTS USE OF VAGINAL PROGESTERONE.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Progesterone, E1, E2, E3, Total Estrogens are low.
    Increase progesterone add supplemental estrogens,

NATURAL TRIPLE ESTROGEN AND PROGESTERONE FOR WOMEN By Jonathan Wright MD
    https://www.antiaging-systems.com/articles/126-natural-triple-estrogen-and-progesterone-for-women

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meg M said:
    I have been able to reduce my thyroid medication dose three times since December, and will likely reduce again based on my most recent labs. For the first time ever, my TPO thyroid antibodies are within normal range at 33 (reference range is 0-34)
    ----------------------------------

Reducing thyroid hormones was a bad move (hence complains of FATIGUE IN THE MORNINGS).
    Use enough to get FreeT3 to a top range,
    but
    if
    you get RT3 significantly higher than average laboratory range,
    you will have to replace some of your WP Thyroid with Cytomel (T3) or similar.
    That will likely further suppress TSH and antibodies, (good).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Where does you love for other humans come from? Anyone?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Where does love manifest? What if I told you it is also from the light of the sun and not much else. Would you believe it? Most people think love comes from the heart or soul. The heart simply pumps blood, so love can't be created there. But RBC's in the blood collect light that is 250-600 nm from sunlight. That is the light that builds any AMINE well. What amine is love based upon? Anyone? Where is the center for what appears to be a person's soul? The retina. What do you really know about the retina??? Moreover, what is created there by solar light?????? That's right--dopamine. What does dopamine do? It allows you to entangle to trends. It allows you to entangle to knowledge to build wisdom and it allows you to entangle to people. UV light has powers far beyond what most of you could ever hope to imagine. It is the thing that binds humans. It sickens me to see professionals deride the sun.........it is what binds us and makes us human. The sun builds bond because it creates feelings of love and euphoria. It does this because of POMC, beta endorphin, and the endocabbinoids. We have no idea that nature has addicted us to nature. We are designed o addicts for the sun. How do we get the retina's in our brains to create more when we block sunlight from our life???? Drugs, massage, and/or sex. Boil it down and life is all about how we create dopamine. Nature wants us in the sun to create it. When you bury the sun you'll look for a replacement but nothing ever measures up to the solar chemical potion of life. 'SUN'plements, not supplements.............builds your attitude.
    [​IMG]

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your thyroid hormones also come from the sun too.............LOL

Brent Patrick and Phosphene like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

'SUN'plements, not supplements.

13. Inger

Inger Silver

This is so beautiful and true... that is what i feel too in the deepest of my heart

Brent Patrick likes this.
  14. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

BRAVO!

Meg M likes this.
  15. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Meg,

Congrats on your Success!
    Quick technical question, i'm looking at the power of that laser, and I don't quite understand how 20 second sessions 2x/week would do anything?? Typo?

http://www.pain-relief-online.com/b-cure-laser.html/

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

B-Cure is 808nm wavelength

What is so special about 808nm?
    Usually I see 850nm.

808nm is a peak (max response) of what??

17. labellavita

labellavita New Member

Meg, thank you for sharing your journey. I too would like to improve my thyroid so I'm taking notes! Congratulations, your hard work is paying off!

Meg M likes this.
  18. Joanna Wong

Joanna Wong New Member

My very first post here. I have Hashimoto Hypo thyroid too. Sky high antibodies that refuses to come down. Have been doing a lot of sun shine lately, and the reason I am writing this is that, I also bought a second hand B-cure, will be using it and hopefully I will have some good news to report.

Meg M and drezy like this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To have a chance at eliminating antibodies you have to supplement with natural thyroid hormones 9frm pigs so ass to suppress your TSH.
    But that way there is a chance that you would get too much RT3.
    If you would, then replace some of NTH with equivalent Cytomel T3.

20. Joanna Wong

Joanna Wong New Member

That's what I am doing now. I am taking 1 grain of NDT and 40mcg of compounded T3. My RT3 is still very high, CRP is high, antibodies is high too. I cut out most gluten. Starting to eat more oyster now, will see what happen.