1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Inconvenient Truth - Meg's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Meg M, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Hi all,

I am a 36 year old Minnesotan, living in Las Vegas for the past 10 years. I came upon Dr. Kruse via a webinar in fall 2014 and went on the Leptin Reset immediately after. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s about 8 years ago, but suffered for several years before that. I’ve struggled keeping my weight down, but after the reset, for the first time, I had stable blood sugars, didn’t get hungry/shaky every 3 hours, and could leave the house without a snack in my purse. What freedom! I was on the reset about 12 weeks. Had started lifting weights and running sprints. Then I was involved in a serious car accident April 2015 and wasn’t able to work out. I was able to maintain my weight, though, even despite the lack of exercise and drinking Mai-Tai’s at the pool every weekend. Late last summer my marriage ended, and the fall/winter were highly stressful with the legal aspects of divorce, moving twice, and a promotion I’d taken at work. I am a Dietitian by training but work in medical sales and travel about 100 nights a year, mostly by plane. I was cruising (krusing?) along, feeling like I was doing fairly well health-wise with my hs-CRP in the 3-5 range (down from 14 before I had food allergy testing and cut out gluten/grains/dairy) when a sinus infection knocked me on my ass. I took a course of Prednisone and Bactrim in March. Despite my probiotics, my GI tract was way out of whack, my seasonal allergies were worse than they’ve been since I started allergy shots 6 years ago, and I had gained 10 pounds in 2-3 months. My CRP was back up to 11. I knew I needed help.

I read many of the Leptin blog posts, and the Epi-Paleo Rx book, while I was doing the reset, but never joined the site or forum. I got away from wearing my blue blockers at night during my move, but started wearing them again recently. I always eat breakfast outside, as soon as possible after waking, without sunglasses, facing east, ever since starting the reset (with a short hiatus last winter).

Once I saw my elevated CRP and noticed my pants no longer fit, I got back on Jack’s blog and re-started the Leptin reset. I started wearing my blue-blockers again. I was trying to figure out what was different. I came across the Quantlet website and was intrigued. I decided to become a gold sponsor, mainly for the access to Jack, as I knew it would take me months to pore through the blog to try to figure out what exactly I needed to do to get optimal. My goal is to become healthy enough to have a healthy baby, and I know time is of the essence. I had the great pleasure of meeting Jack and Ruben and the Hamiltons in Mexico, and Jack looked at my labs and history and made several suggestions for me. I had been spinning my wheels with repeating the Leptin reset, but he told me my real problem was my environment. That was an inconvenient truth to be sure; one I had been in denial of. My BUN/Cr ratio is 23 and has been chronically elevated. I know I need to get out of this townhouse and have been looking for better options outside the city with less population density and nnEMF. The funny thing is, my old house was on a half acre with full sun exposure and a pool at the very edge of town/base of the mountains. Location was good but relationship was toxic! Based on Ruben’s GVR camera, he found that my mitochondria aren’t bad but my battery is dead. I thought I was doing well to get 30-60 minutes outside each morning, but now I know it will take quite a bit more than that to recharge my battery.

Since I’ve been back, I’m waking up near sunrise and spending from 6 or 7 until 9 or 10am outside at the pool. I have the D minder app and push it til I’m pink each day. I have never had a tan before! And I can feel the dopamine already. It was very high in Mexico from all of the sun, learning and excellent company. While I’m floating/grounding/sunning (turning like a rotisserie) I listen to Dr. Kruse’s webinars/Q&A, Doug Wallace’s talk, etc. I’m also 2 chapters in on Pollack’s water book. My kinikis just arrived yesterday so I was able to wear that today (it’s a community pool - but I have yet to encounter anyone else at that early hour). I found an IR sauna locally and had my first treatment last week. I see my chiropractor once a month and get a deep tissue massage focusing on my neck and back every other week since the car accident. I plan to start acupuncture again as well. My Trifield meter has arrived, and I’m working my way through the EMF Bootcamp to learn how to use it and how to deal with what I find. I currently live in a townhouse – 4 units attached sharing walls. As I can pick up at least 6-8 wifi signals at any time, I know I’m getting tons of nnEMF. My own wifi is on a timer and shuts off overnight. Since I’ve been waking with the sunlight (even through my black out curtains) rather than slipping an eyemask on and going back to sleep, I can barely stay awake past 8pm. Between the Hashimoto’s fatigue and adrenal insufficiency, I usually sleep 9 hours a night. 10 if I have time. When I’ve skimped on sleep, I’ve gotten run down and sick.

I drink RO water at home (Kinetico system); I checked findyourspring.com and not surprisingly we have no springs in this desert. My ex got rid of my Magnetico (!) so I had to get a new one. I’ll pick it up Tuesday. I’ve discontinued my steroid inhaler and Vit D supplements. I now have f.lux on my laptop, as well as a blue-blocking filter from Low Blue Lights.com. Also got the orange filters for my work and personal phones.

I started CT upon returning from Mexico. I am in the head-dunking stage and it really isn’t bad. I’ve also increased my seafood intake, usually have it 1 meal a day. It’s hard to fit in 3 meals and finish 4+ hours before my new early bedtime. Some days I’ve been doing just two larger meals but sometimes it gives me GI distress when I wait so long between meals.

Medical History

Asthma – dx age 5, was a very sickly child and took theophylline and steroid inhaler daily. Prednisone a few times per year. Mostly grew out of it by age 18, but it returned with a vengeance around age 28, two years after I moved to LV. In the past 3 years since eliminating gluten/dairy/grains, I have gotten off 5 asthma drugs, and now only have a rescue inhaler which I avoid like the plague because it gives me the shakes. I’ve done immunotherapy shots for 6 years, which had all but eliminated seasonal allergies up until this spring.

Dentist prescribed Fluoride pills when I was a child due to well-water. Shaking my head at this one now. I use non-fluoride toothpaste and RO water for past 3+ years.

Epstein Barr during high school

Tonsillectomy age 20 due to recurrent viral tonsillitis

Oral contraceptives age 21-33

Salmonella age 22

Bone surgery right foot age 23

Calcium oxalate kidney stone age 23

IBS dx age 24 – likely was Hashi’s related constipation

Recurrent BV/yeast infections

Hashimoto’s dx age 27 – about a year after moving to LV

LASIK age 28

Precancerous cervical cells due to HPV age 29. Leep procedure. Now normal pap’s.

VNUS vein closure procedure both saphenous veins, surgery R lower leg varicose vein age 30

Adrenal insufficiency dx age 33

PCOS dx age 34 after going off pill and cycles highly irregular. String of pearls visualized on ultrasound. Infertility x 2 years. Tried Clomid without success but refused to even consider IVF.

Whiplash/R calf hematoma age 35 due to car accident

Intestinal Candida overgrowth age 36

Medications

WP Thyroid 1.5 grain (take at night 2 hours after dinner)

Compounded sustained-release T3 10mcg (take upon waking, 30 minutes before food, or in early morning hours if I happen to wake up)

Bioidentical Progesterone 100mg days 14-28 of cycle at bedtime

Immunotherapy shots q4 weeks

Nystatin 2 tablets twice daily for GI yeast overgrowth dx via stool analysis - 2 weeks left of a 3 month course

Supplements

B12 methylcobalamin (injection) 1cc/week

Magnesium Citrate-Maleate 135mg

Selenium 200 mcg

DHEA 10mg

Vit C 1g

Biotin 2.5 mg

CoQ10 100mg

Xymogen Omega Pure Fish Oil 2340mg EPA/DHA

Phytisone - adaptogen 2 capsules

Thorne FloraMend Probiotic 1 capsule

L-Glutamine 5g

Femmenessence - Maca 2 capsules twice a day

NAC 500mg

Ovasitol (inositol) 2000mg twice daily

Lugol's iodine 25mg

Hydrolyzed collagen peptides 4g

DIM Detox 2 capsules

Thorne Prenatal Vitamin 3 capsules

Betaine HCl with Pepsin 4 capsules

Recent Labs 5/16

Free T3 2.3
    Free T4 0.7
    TSH 0.647
    rT3 9.3
    Antithyroglobulin Ab <1
    TPO Ab 47
    hs-CRP 11.76
    Hgb A1c 5.2
    Estradiol
    Vit D 58.9
    BUN/Cr ratio 21
    Copper, serum 126

Adrenal Stress Index 2/25/16

AM 33 Range 13-24nM

Noon 10 Range 5-10nM

Afternoon 7 Range 3-8nM

HS <1 Range 1-4nM

Total Cortisol Output 51 Range 22-46nM

DHEA 2 Range 3-10ng/ml

Fasting insulin less than 3 Range less than 3

Non-fasting insulin less than 3 Range less than 3

17-OH Progesterone 50 Range 22-100 pg/ml

Total Salivary IgA 18 Range 10-20 mg/dL

Gliadin Ab SIgA 18 Positive > 15U/ml

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  2. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
    -Walt Whitman

Josh Rosenthal likes this.
  3. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Got new lab results today:
    TSH 1.05
    Free T4 0.84
    Free T3 2.3
    TPO Ab 41 - this is the lowest it's ever been!
    Antinuclear Ab Reflex Cascade - negative
    hs CRP 5.29
    GGT 17
    I am feeling better after 3 weeks in the sun. Getting 3-4 hours per day of AM sunlight. It's still hard to wake up with the sun at 5:30 but I have no trouble falling asleep by 8:30. Sleeping better since I got my 20 gauss magnetico last week. I also completed the EMF Bootcamp series and just ordered some meters from Michael. I'm working on getting more water in daily (RO and some sparkling spring water). Have been turning some circuits off at night, and have been able to leave my bedroom circuit permanently off. I put power strips with an on/off switch at my desk and TV so I can turn off whenever I'm not using them. Ordered frames today, and found a place in LV that will put Bluetech lenses in.

I progressed to ice packs on my torso while wearing a compression shirt for my CT. Yesterday I could stand it for 15 minutes. When I measured with my laser surface thermometer, my skin was in the 40 degree range. Today I checked and I was well below 50 degrees after 5 minutes. I wonder if this is just my body adapting and I'll be able to go longer without the skin temp dropping so fast? Or could it be because I made gel ice packs (rubbing alcohol and RO water) so I could reuse them? Tomorrow I'll try with regular ice and see if that makes a difference.

Josh Rosenthal likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

good news on your labs.

5. Meg M

Meg M New Member

I have been able to increase my time with ice packs (real ice cubes)/compression shirt to about 40 minutes before my skin temp dips below 50. I'm not sure if it's the black shirt in the hot LV morning sun, or if my body is releasing more heat, but I have been feeling warm during my CT sessions. At night I've been using gel ice packs on my neck/spine at a minimum, and occasionally adding a second session with the ice packs. I'm trying to see if it helps me sleep better. Also trying Mg/Natural Calm. Last night was the first night I tried it, but I woke up from a stuffy nose/congestion. The wind lately has stirred up the airborne allergens. I switched from primarily RO water to Mountain Valley Spring. Was thrilled to find out I can get it delivered in 5 gallon glass jugs - that will start next week. I had increased my RO water intake to a goal of 1 gallon a day, but I seemed to be more thirsty, possibly due to not enough electrolyte replacement in the summer heat. I started HRV training this week as well, going to establish a baseline and work to reduce stress. Also got Wim Hof's book and practicing his breathing technique. I've been able to keep up with my 3+ hours of morning sunlight, meditation, and have minimized artificial light use. I am feeling better overall but still requiring about 9 hours of sleep to function well.

6. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Got my Telomere test back yesterday, and the good news is I appear to have the telomeres of a 10 year old! Awaiting another set of labs from my last doctor's visit, can't wait to see how much more my CRP has dropped. I was thrilled to find she was very supportive of me following Dr. K's protocols. I sent her his Vermont talk; she watched part of it and was really excited about all of the "getting back to basics" with light, water and magnetism. We cut out about half my supplements. She's curious about the Quantlet aslo. I've had to fire probably a dozen doctors in the past 10 years, so I'm relieved to have found a keeper. Dr. Adrienne Stewart NMD in San Diego if anyone is in need of a good doc.
    I was feeling great after spending all of July at home, but now that my work travel has resumed I'm dragging. It was a challenge fitting in CT, am sun, meditation, and daily seafood while traveling, but I managed to squeeze at least a little of everything in. I was surprised how much doing CT ice packs in "cold" climates changed things. I had worked up to about 40 minutes in LV, where the temp at sunrise is in the 80's. Both MN and San Diego were in the low 60's and damp in the morning. I could only go about 15 minutes with ice before my skin dropped below 50, and had a hard time warming up after. In fact, I was cold the entire 3 days in San Diego. I started 600mg Bitter Melon twice a day earlier this week. I have not noticed a difference yet, but hope it's coming. I tried a couple of ice baths last weekend. Tap water here is 78 but I was able to get it down to the mid 60's with a couple of frozen jugs of water. Extremely intense. I'm thinking my cold intolerance might be related to my low thyroid. May have been a bit much too soon as my HRV recovery scores dropped the next morning. Going to slowly add more ice baths. Also picked up some flexifreeze ice sheets. I'm thinking I can put them under my compression shirt and sit in the pool in the morning. Water is near 90 but I'm thinking it will still accelerate heat loss vs. being dry. Still keeping up with my gallon of Mountain Valley water, seafood and meditation every day. Doing two 40 min IR sauna sessions each week. If anybody has recommendations on how long and what temp they do IR sauna, I'd be interested to hear. And finally got my BluTech glasses.
    Between the dopamine and DHA, I actually feel like I'm getting smarter! And happier and less stressed. Better sleep is part of it too, I'm sure. Still need 9 hours, but between my Magnetico and Natural Calm, it's better sleep. Plus lots of compliments on the tan no one has ever seen me with :)

Attached Files:

7. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Got new labs back yesterday. I had a Vibrant America comprehensive panel drawn at my last doctor's visit. It came up kind of last minute, so I wasn't fasting when it was drawn; in fact I had just eaten luch. Even so, my insulin and glucose levels weren't bad. Interesting that my Ferritin was high, and Dr. Mercola mentioned this specifically on his podcast with Ben Greenfield today. I'm wondering if it is high due to inflammation, or if I should consider giving blood. I'll have to do a some research. I was disappointed my CRP didn't come down. My other inflammation markers look good, though. And after drinking a gallon of Mountain Valley spring water every day, my BUN/Cr ratio is still 24. Goes to show it really is my environment throwing me off here in this microwave of a townhouse. I was happy to see I'm assimilating Vitamin D. Quit taking supplements in late June. My last level was 59 in May, it's now 94. Likely some residual effect of the supplements I was taking previously, but some has to be from sun exposure as well. PG/E2 ratio is 127, which is low. I saw recommendations on the forum of 200-500 range. I'm going to request upping my BHRT Progesterone from current dose of 150mg and retest. Omega 3 intake looked good. I've been eating fish/shellfish one meal every day.

I would love to fix everything at once, but I'll have to settle for one step at a time. Trying to focus on the positives I've noticed. The skin on my face is no longer dry/flaky. The acne on my back has cleared up. I'm doing well with 2 meals per day within an 8 hour window. And I'm ever so slowly building my tolerance to cold.

Attached Files:

caroline likes this.
  8. Meg M

Meg M New Member

I've been busy moving over the past month, but I'm finally into my new house. Jack told me in June that my environment was my biggest issue, and it took this long to change it. I bought two acres of desert in the foothills of Mt. Charleston (our closest mountain to LV.) It was no easy task trying to find something > 1 acre in Vegas; most everything is a subdivision here with tiny lots. Usually the larger lots have McMansions on them and they're super expensive. Every room has a window and a couple have skylights too. No need for fake light anywhere during the day, except maybe the closet. I had lived there two weeks when I had a repair man come in the evening. He asked where my kitchen light was and you can just imagine the look I got when I said I had no idea. I was thinking I wouldn't even need curtains in the bedroom with it being so remote, but one neighbor turns on bright lights in their horse arena at night at the other leaves an outside light on all night long. Even now while they're away for a month. I can still see stars but have to wear my blueblockers in the house since the blinds don't block all the outdoor light. I tested here before I bought the place and found low magnetic fields and couldn't pick up a single wifi signal. Now that I've moved in, sometimes I pick up somebody's wifi; I think I'll order something to limit the signal from lessEMF.com once I figure out which neighbor it is coming from. I had high hopes to get hard wired internet through the cable company, but they don't service that far out. The neighbor uses a satellite internet provider which I'll have to check out. For now I've been using the hotspot on my work phone while working, and turn it off when I'm not using it. There was a smart meter but I was able to convert to analog. For a fee, of course. I also got a land line so I use the speaker phone feature in my home office. It's not perfect but it's a huge improvement from the wifi soup my townhouse was in. I put an above ground pool in and I found someone to install a copper grounding stake so I can ground while I swim, or CT as the case may be. The water is a brisk 61 degrees right now, and I plan to continue to cold adapt as the water cools this fall/winter. Adaptation is not going as quickly as I had hoped, even with the Bitter Melon, but I know I'm making progress, slowly but surely. I've been able to sunbathe naked here, which has been great. I'm looking at options to turn my 4' chain link fence into a privacy fence, though. The neighbor kids love to shout hello to me whenever they are outside, so I know they're watching :glasses: I have my own well, so no more fluoride in my water. Luckily I can still get Green Mountain Valley delivered on the mountain. My backyard faces east, so the sunrise views are incredible. I've caught nearly every one in the three weeks I've been there. I've cleared some rock in the backyard so I have a spot to ground. I'm planning to put a patch of grass in the backyard for grounding once the budget allows. The first morning it was 55 out; a huge change from living in town. I'm usually about 10 degrees cooler, and even LV has dipped to double digits now. But at 4000 ft I'm getting quite a bit of UV. I can still get UV from about 9-4 but the intensity has dropped since the summer. I finally finagled a presentation at an account in Hawaii, so I'm staying for a long weekend there this month, and then Cabo over Thanksgiving, to load up on UV. I love the peace and quiet on the mountain, and the environment is a huge improvement. The neighbors have horses, cattle, goats, and roosters that cock-a-doodle-doo at sunrise each morning. There are jackrabbits all over the place, and I've seen a couple of wild burros. Haven't seen any coyotes yet, but they're out there. The worst part so far have been the spiders. And the winds have gotten to 20-30 mph up there. It'll definitely be cold this winter. I hope I've adapted more by the time it rolls around! Either way it will be good conditioning for me. My goal is to roll in to Minny at Christmas time in a t-shirt and amaze my family. This would be in sharp contrast to my double/triple layers of clothing indoors and still freezing last year! Overall I'm feeling well at the new place and the longer I'm there, the more I love it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Meg M

Meg M New Member

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

optimal FreeT3= (3.5-4.2) pg/mL)

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Meg M, post: 197843, member: 19181"]Hi all,

Medications

WP Thyroid 1.5 grain (take at night 2 hours after dinner)

Compounded sustained-release T3 10mcg (take upon waking, 30 minutes before food, or in early morning hours if I happen to wake up)

Bioidentical Progesterone 100mg days 14-28 of cycle at bedtime

Immunotherapy shots q4 weeks

Nystatin 2 tablets twice daily for GI yeast overgrowth dx via stool analysis - 2 weeks left of a 3 month course

Supplements

B12 methylcobalamin (injection) 1cc/week

Magnesium Citrate-Maleate 135mg

Selenium 200 mcg

DHEA 10mg

Vit C 1g

Biotin 2.5 mg

CoQ10 100mg

Xymogen Omega Pure Fish Oil 2340mg EPA/DHA

Phytisone - adaptogen 2 capsules

Thorne FloraMend Probiotic 1 capsule

L-Glutamine 5g

Femmenessence - Maca 2 capsules twice a day

NAC 500mg

Ovasitol (inositol) 2000mg twice daily

Lugol's iodine 25mg

Hydrolyzed collagen peptides 4g

DIM Detox 2 capsules

Thorne Prenatal Vitamin 3 capsules

Recent Labs 5/16

Free T3 2.3
    Free T4 0.7
    TSH 0.647
    rT3 9.3
    Antithyroglobulin Ab <1
    TPO Ab 47
    hs-CRP 11.76
    Hgb A1c 5.2
    Estradiol
    Vit D 58.9
    BUN/Cr ratio 21
    Copper, serum 126

Adrenal Stress Index 2/25/16

AM 33 Range 13-24nM

Noon 10 Range 5-10nM

Afternoon 7 Range 3-8nM

HS <1 Range 1-4nM

DHEA 2 Range 3-10ng/ml

Fasting insulin less than 3 Range less than 3

Non-fasting insulin less than 3 Range less than 3

17-OH Progesterone 50 Range 22-100 pg/ml

Total Salivary IgA 18 Range 10-20 mg/dL

Gliadin Ab SIgA 18 Positive > 15U/ml[/quote]
    =======================================================
    =========================================

Get spectracell Micronutrient analysis (once every 6 months).

Gauge your supplementation using test results.

/

Use DUTCH test (2 -3) times a year
    gauge your steroid hormones supplementation by those test results.

If DUTCH test indicate,
    consider emphasizing pregnenlone supplementation over progesterone
    except possibly for few days during expected progesterone maximums,
    where you would use progesterone on top of steady pregnenolone dose .

//
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWM4J84/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475458732&sr=sr-1&keywords=lugols
    Use Lugols solution
    1cc/day=50mg/day
    and
    seleniun per Spectracell

//
    Use Natural thyroid Hormone from pigs
    dose sufficient to get
    FreeT3= (3.5-4.2) pg/mL

==========================================
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/

https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-complete-sample-report/

////////////////////////////////////
    Usually using fish or krill oil is a bad news (due mostly to excess of EPA).
    For many people even a seafood may not be optimal (have lots of EPA).
    to clarify:

Get tested at LabCorp
    do
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

You want all fatty acids exactly in the mid range
    or
    plus minus 25% of mid range
    range=100%

Excess of Omega3 and specially EPA suppresses omega6 but specially AA.

Good balance of omega3/omega6 and DHA/AA may help with your high
    hs-CRP 11.76
    ////
    ////////////
    You got

Monitor that.

/////
    One thype of thyroid hormone, the natural hormone from pigs is usually sufficient.
    Chew it good before swallowing.

/////////////////

You may need many more tabs of HCL.
    Usually one or two less than the amount that causes warmth in your tummy.
    with EVERY meal.

////////////////////

Copper, serum 126
    -----------
    LabCorp says
    Reference Interval Environmental exposure: 72−166 μg/dL.
    ----
    Yours should be ok, if you have same units and laboratory range
    -------------------------------------------------

good idea to post units and laboratory ranges.

High copper may be a sign,
    Metallothionein not working properly

on spectracell report look up zinc and copper
    in time
    if you copper is too high
    check
    cerruloplasmin
    and
    Metallothionein
    hopefully
    you will not have to go there
    ---
    Also on Spectracell look up your Serine level, may be low.
    If indeed low,
    supplementing with PS (Phosphatidyl-Serine) may help with your adrenal stress index.

///////////////////////////////////

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  12. prime1

prime1 New Member

Minnesota? I'm thinking Mold infection. Even in a desert you'll find high levels of mold so test your new home using ERMI kit. High BUN/Creatinine level means you're peeing like a race horse - has ADH tanked? MMP9? TGF-B1? Just a thought. More than half of indoor buildings have a mold infection. :(

JanSz likes this.
  13. Bret Bauers sauna and niacin detox group on FB recommends a 30-days consecutive sauna detox with niacin (to point of flush) taken 3 hours earlier. He says you can go 1 HR daily in IF sauna or 3-4 hours in a regular sauna.

I like to sauna with red or purple ceiling light on. You should wipe off sweat regularly to avoid reabsorbing toxins.

IR sauna company says 115-130 degrees is optimal temperature for their sauna.

Love your blog so far.

How much were your blue tech glasses. I just got a quote for $400 plus frames. How much light do they block. The jins say they have clear lenses that block 25%.

14. Evan Brand

Evan Brand Podcaster and Functional Medicine Practitioner

Great read, my mom, stepdad and brother live in Las Vegas. I used to live there. They just bought a new house there, but I wish I could have convinced them to live in your part of town, get some more fresh air and SPACE! Cheers.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

prime1 likes this.
  16. prime1

prime1 New Member

17. Meg M

Meg M New Member

=======================================================
    =========================================

Get spectracell Micronutrient analysis (once every 6 months).

Gauge your supplementation using test results.

/

Use DUTCH test (2 -3) times a year
    gauge your steroid hormones supplementation by those test results.

If DUTCH test indicate,
    consider emphasizing pregnenlone supplementation over progesterone
    except possibly for few days during expected progesterone maximums,
    where you would use progesterone on top of steady pregnenolone dose .

//
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWM4J84/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475458732&sr=sr-1&keywords=lugols
    Use Lugols solution
    1cc/day=50mg/day
    and
    seleniun per Spectracell

//
    Use Natural thyroid Hormone from pigs
    dose sufficient to get
    FreeT3= (3.5-4.2) pg/mL

==========================================
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/

https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-complete-sample-report/

////////////////////////////////////
    Usually using fish or krill oil is a bad news (due mostly to excess of EPA).
    For many people even a seafood may not be optimal (have lots of EPA).
    to clarify:

Get tested at LabCorp
    do
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

You want all fatty acids exactly in the mid range
    or
    plus minus 25% of mid range
    range=100%

Excess of Omega3 and specially EPA suppresses omega6 but specially AA.

Good balance of omega3/omega6 and DHA/AA may help with your high
    hs-CRP 11.76
    ////
    ////////////
    You got

Monitor that.

/////
    One thype of thyroid hormone, the natural hormone from pigs is usually sufficient.
    Chew it good before swallowing.

/////////////////

You may need many more tabs of HCL.
    Usually one or two less than the amount that causes warmth in your tummy.
    with EVERY meal.

////////////////////

Copper, serum 126
    -----------
    LabCorp says
    Reference Interval Environmental exposure: 72−166 μg/dL.
    ----
    Yours should be ok, if you have same units and laboratory range
    -------------------------------------------------

good idea to post units and laboratory ranges.

High copper may be a sign,
    Metallothionein not working properly

on spectracell report look up zinc and copper
    in time
    if you copper is too high
    check
    cerruloplasmin
    and
    Metallothionein
    hopefully
    you will not have to go there
    ---
    Also on Spectracell look up your Serine level, may be low.
    If indeed low,
    supplementing with PS (Phosphatidyl-Serine) may help with your adrenal stress index.

///////////////////////////////////[/quote]
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, JanSz. I appreciate your input. The WP Thyroid that I take is indeed porcine natural dessicated thyroid (NDT). Unfortunately no matter whether I've used just NDT or NDT plus bioidential compounded T3, I have not been able to get my free T3 into the Optimal range, even with much higher doses.

I am awaiting results on my adrena stress index. This was through Neuroscience, although I'm familiar with Dutch. I do have the Dutch kit but was not able to collect on Day 22 to get the hormone panel completed, so I will do the Dutch test next time I test. I'll post adrenal test as soon as I get results back.

Thanks again!

18. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Thank you, Prime1. I will look into the ERMI kit. I did find some mold under the kitchen sink cabinet at the new place. But I've only been here 2 months my health issues have predated that by several years and several homes. I appreciate the info!

19. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Hi Evan! Thanks. Where did you live? I'm just off Kyle Canyon Road, almost halfway up Mt. Charleston. The longer I'm here, the more I love it. Stop by for some CT next time you visit your family. The pool is in the mid 30's right now :)

20. Meg M

Meg M New Member

Thanks for the info! I just ordered a Sunlighten IR sauna. Hope to have it up and running before Christmas. It will be nice not to have to drive into town to do my sessions and I can do CT immediately afterward. I'll look into the sauna protocol you mentioned, and I've been more consistent about wiping sweat off.

I ordered my frames online and then took to an optical shop to get the Blue tech lenses. They were $255 for lenses only. The block 95% from 400-420nm, 73% from 420-440 and 43% from 459-484nm. I really like them. I wear them whenever I'm under fake lights during the day.