1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Earthpulse N=1

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Arcole, Jan 14, 2014.

1. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I sympathise.

We gave up carbs, mostly, two years ago this month. We both lost weight initially especially as we also did intermittent fasting. We slid backwards quite a lot after a few months, he'd lost over 21lbs and I lost about 14lbs, the most I'd lost in a long time. We needed to pull our socks up though but even being very low carb., no wheat, bread, potatoes, rice or pasta except once in a while, neither of us can lose and we both put most of the loss back. I started the reset but he isn't too interested but even so, 2 meals a day only, very few carbs, I managed to give up sugar completely but still no result. I made a start on CT, face dunking, abdomen icing and two baths so far and cold after warm showers. Still nothing doing. I am so surprised that cutting out sugar hasn't achieved any weight loss, I really thought it was going to be the winner but no. I haven't given up nor am I stoking myself with sugar laden food, it's do or die this time lol. It's a mystery to me although I'm sure Dr. Jack might have some sort of answer except he hasn't called into my journal yet lol.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Great update Arcole! You will find woking with Dr Tim on ^^ methylation issues to be very helpful. He's helped guide me through the maze on what order to work on the SNPs. He does stress working on your gut first - - before addressing anything else. Good luck with it...

3. Arcole

Arcole New Member

I feel your pain!! This has been such an up and down road for me. I'll go great for a while then something will come along and overturn the metabolic cart and I have to start all over again. I sincerely hope that the answers to keeping the cart in the road will be found in my genome. All I know is that my metabolism has issues. My poor brother (300+ lb.) is in the same situation. He works so hard to lose just twenty pounds and before you know it its all back despite never changing his routine. It's like the fat is permently stuck to us. It's "lost" weight and wants to finds its way home again!

4. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Thanks!! I have a feeling this road will be LONG one! But if it has an optimal destination, I'm up for the journey!

5. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Nights 38-42 --- My sleep for the past six weeks has been without a doubt deeper, longer, and more restorative than it has been in many years. Most nights I have slept like I did in my twenties. This has been a huge improvement. Lots of nights I don't wake at all and if I do, the waking is generally brief. Sometime I get up to go pee, sometimes not. Sometimes I sleep through 9 or 10 hours straight. In the mornings I am typically not groggy at all, which is also a huge improvement. The sleep 3 setting seems to knock us all out, me, husband, and dog, pretty much without fail. My husband in particular has stated that his sleep has dramatically improved. He used to have lots of sleepless nights, but no more.

My overall assessment personally of the Earthpulse is that I am not going to be sleeping without it, unless Dr. Kruse knows something awful about the way it works that I don't know. I believe that for me, it has filled in a piece of the puzzle with regard to sleep very nicely. I think it has some features to recommend it, price and portability springing to mind. I do not regret the purchase at all. I will update again for certain at 60 days and 90 days or if anything changes.

fitness@home likes this.
  6. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Arcole I am more than pleased for you, sleep is so important and at last you're getting some quality rest. That alone for me would be worth the expense. I am grateful that you have taken the time to give us the benefit of your experience.

Arcole likes this.
  7. Terminator

Terminator New Member

I love my earthpulse, I only use it when I travel and only sleep good in recover mode. I had to travel for Work and did not use earthpulse for first two nights and all except 1.5 hours of third night and my sleep was very bad except for 1.5 hour of earthpulse. Fourth night sleep was good. I cannot tolerate any sleep mode other than recover mode.

At home I don't use it. I don't have any wireless devices, shut down the power to entire house except Fridge & Furnace, I have 20 Gauss magnetico pads (bought used) on 13 inch mattress and sleep very good. I don't travel too often but next week I will travel to again and will use earthpulse every night in recover mode. I will try to report when i get back.