1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Earthpulse N=1

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Arcole, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Arcole

Arcole New Member

After 6 months of hemming and hawing, I finally popped and purchased the Earthpulse. A number of factors entered into my decision to go that way versus the Magnetico, not the least of which was $$. After three nights with it, I thought I needed to start a journal for my own sake and for the possible edification of the rest of the community who might also be considering.

Participants include myself, my husband, and my 8 month old 5 pound Maltese dog who sleeps in his crate on a chair next to the bed.

I received the Earthpulse very quickly on Friday 1/10/14 but had left my printouts of the documentation at work. I didn't want to sleep on it without reading up carefully first. The next morning I retrieved my quickstart info and did the 1 hour Recovery entrainment which had me drooling out of the corners of my mouth in a state of deep relaxation alternating with sleep. Even the dog fell asleep. That led me to choose Recovery as our setting of choice for our first night.

Night 1 -- 1/11/14 -- Recovery
    I, husband, and dog slept like we'd been knocked out by bricks. I woke easily and felt very refreshed.
    No waking to pee either, which has gotten better for me since starting Melatonin and Magnesium, but I still generally wake once. I didn't even wake up.

Night 2 -- 1/12/14 -- Recovery
    Another solid night for all of us.
    No wake to pee. Easy waking and great daytime energy.

Night 3 -- 1/13/14 -- Recovery
    Everybody was wakeful. I woke at 1:30 and went to the bathroom and again at 3:00 but didn't get up. Even the dog was wakeful and played in his crate. But I still went back to sleep after each waking very easily and woke after 8 hours at 5:30 with no desire to snooze the alarm (a big deal for me because I generally sleep 9 hours and still want to snooze). So far, daytime energy has been great. I did use the Earthpulse during the day at work on Alert setting on 1/13/14 and am using it again 1/14/14. I also had my regular chiropractic adjustment on 1/13/14. I am not sure if any of this made a difference for me personally.

So far the husband has said he's sleeping fine. The dog doesn't say much about it.

Resting breath hold times since 7/9/13 have held steady at between 1:00 and 1:05 with one check early on as low as 45 seconds.

After the first week, I will test again under the same circumstances and see what I'm getting.

Hope this helps! Holler if you have questions!

Arcole

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'm glad you are posting this for all to see.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is so interesting - thanks for posting!

4. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Night 4 -- 1/14/14 --- Recovery

We were all a little wakeful, I'd say. However, I didn't get up to go pee and went right back to sleep after about 2-3 wakings. I did use the unit on Alert during the day as well. After 8 hours, I was alert and chirpy at 5:00. Energy levels today have been very good. My overall pain and stiffness rating is pretty good as well.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Is this what Dave Asprey speaks off?

6. Arcole

Arcole New Member

I'm not sure. I did read about it for the first time on the forum where someone was having good results with it.

7. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Night 5 -- 1/15/14--- Recovery setting

Woke once to pee at 1:00 but went right back to sleep and did great on waking after 8 hours at 5:00. No grogginess, no desire to snooze. Aches and pains are some better I'd say. Everyone else seemed to sleep well and husband said at breakfast he felt good and had slept well. Did NOT use ALERT setting the day before. I am wondering if Alert during the day has any hangover for me on sleep during the night. If so, I am sad because I like the Alert setting. I can't tell any huge difference, but I do feel good when running it. I am doing without again today to continue the experiment.

8. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Multiple day update from my log.

Night 6 1/16/14 -- Sleep 3 -- poor sleep but the 8 year old grandson in the bed with us was the culprit. No alert setting because my daughter took the second unit back to school with her.

Night 7 1/17/14 -- Sleep 3 -- sleep 9/10! no wake to pee.

Night 8 1/18/14 -- Sleep 3 -- no wake; sleep 10/10!! Recovery might have been just a little too high for either me or my husband but Sleep 3 seems much better.

Night 9 1/19/14 -- Sleep 3 -- no wake, sleep 10+. Great energy during the day.

Night 10 1/20/14 -- sleep 3 -- woke once to pee, but went right back to sleep. sleep 9/10. Weight down 2 pounds since beginning!

Night 11 1/21/14 -- sleep 3 -- didn't get up to pee but was a little restless, sleep 7/10; forgot to take my Melatonin and Magnesium (which is also oxide and not malate because I ran out and picked up what I could get quick). Other slightly restless nights might also have been nights when I didn't take my pills. I will do more experimentation to see exactly which element makes the most difference in sleep, the melatonin or the magnesium.

Night 12 1/22/14 -- sleep 3 -- took my pills! Didn't wake at all, 10+ sleep quality. No grogginess.

Plus, my arms haven't gone to sleep at night in several nights and this had been a regular nightly occurrence despite chiropractic care. Also my waking joint pain has gotten significantly better. I'm trying to avoid wheat and corn completely since wheat and particular is an irritant to my joints, but even with some odd consumption, my morning stiffness is much improved. Sleep 3 appears to be the right setting at this time for me and my husband, so I'm not going to mess with that for a while. My daughter also had to back down from Recovery to Sleep 3 due to wakefulness.

When I first began sleeping on the earthpulse, my Resting Breath Hold time was :58, which is about the usual for the past eight months. However, my check today put me at :51 seconds, so no improvment in that quarter yet. However, I'm not fretting about it. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and check it again in another week. The website documentation states I should see an improvement in two weeks and if not, to contact the inventor. I've talked to him by phone once already and was very pleased with the interaction. Dr. K, he knows you as the "cold water guy" and admitted to not having kept up with your blog for a couple of years. I told him he needed to check it out because you both talk about so many of the same issues with mitochondrial function and magnetism.

Hope this helps somebody!!

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Arcole - enjoying the updates. Keep them coming!

10. Curves

Curves Guest

Fascinating and so timely. Thanks for continuing to keep us posted!

11. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm glad you posted this and it's been interesting reading of your experience with the Earth pulse, it sounds quite positive so far. I've looked and pondered so it's great to have some feedback, thank you.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was surprised to read that you are taking melatonin?

13. Arcole

Arcole New Member

Multiple day update again:

Night 13 1/23/14 -- sleep 3, wake once to pee, morning pain levels improving; 10 sleep quality,

Night 14 1/24/14 -- sleep 3, no wake at all, sleep quality 10; magnesium only, no melatonin

Night 15 1/25/14 -- sleep 3, no waking but slightly restless night 8/10 sleep, magnesium only

Night 16 1/26/14 -- sleep 3, no waking, sleep 8+/10; magnesium only

Night 17 1/27/14 -- sleep 3, one waking to pee, sleep 10/10, magnesium only

Night 18 1/28/14 -- sleep 3, no waking, sleep 10/10, magnesium only

Night 19 1/29/14 -- sleep 3, woke once to pee, sleep 9+/10 due to vivid dreams about snow (wonder why? LOL), magnesium only

Summary so far: My morning waking stiffness and pain has gradually improved until I'm down to very little stiffness and almost no pain in the morning in my feet and ankles. This has been despite the occasional dietary slip-up which I know makes things worse. With 10 being excellent, no pain, I've gone from steady 7s to 9s and 9+s. My sleep quality overall has also improved dramatically over the last few weeks. I've gone more nights in without waking to go to the bathroom than I have in years. Also, any wakings I've had have been short and I've had almost no trouble going to sleep and staying asleep. Morning wakings have been much, much better than before the Earthpulse. I don't feel groggy or want to keep snoozing. This is a major improvment. Also, I have done much better of late with the magnesium only. I'm going to stay off the melatonin and see if my sleep continues to be good without it.

My daughter has also been reporting good sleep on sleep 3, but says she sometimes feels groggy in the mornings. At least part of hers, she admits is the fact that she's a college student and gets to bed much later than she should. But she reports that her sleep is very sound.

My dog had thirteen baby teeth pulled yesterday, slept great last night, and today is playing and eating like nothing happened. I can't tell for sure that sleeping near the Earthpulse helped him recover, but I can't rule it out either. My husband also reports really sound sleep and has not been tossing and turning nearly as much as he used to. In fact, my sleep may be so much better because his is!

Resting breath hold: 1:01 -- shows nice improvement

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

This sounds as though it's been a really positive experience and a worthwhile investment, I am really pleased for you :)

15. Arcole

Arcole New Member

I started taking 5 mg of melatonin several months ago after reading one of Jack's blog posts about supplements in hopes of improving my sleep. It did help, but the magnesium helped more. The Earthpulse plus the magnesium (about 455 mg as Magnesium Malate right at bedtime) has really helped my sleep dramatically. I have stopped the melatonin to see if my sleep continues to stay good without it. However, I'm hanging with the magnesium because it also helps my skin not be so dry. When I upped my dosage recently, my dry skin went away on my hands, even in this awful cold weather.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for the update ......Have you had other labs done? I wonder if they would show improvement?

17. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I have looked at the Earth pulse with a view to buying. Alas being in the UK it would attract nearly another £100 on top of the price in import duties and sales tax then there would be another fee payable to the carrier for their collection of said extra taxes. I can't imagine how much a Magnetico would cost on top lol.

18. Arcole

Arcole New Member

This is a long overdue update. I will sum up.

Nights 20-34 all look practically identical. Sleep 3, rare wakings and no more than one, great sleep 9-10.
    Nights 35-37 look less fantastic but I did it to myself. On Feb 6, I fell prey to Girl Scout Cookies and early Valentine's candy and over the next few days managed to sugar bomb and stress my immune system into the toilet. I got a very mild cold on Feb 9, which a week later turned into a fatigue and gland issue I haven't managed to shake. So my sleep is suffering, my pain is up, and my overall fatigue levels are bad. Yet I somehow managed to pull off a 1:05 breath hold time. I figured I wouldn't make 45 seconds!

That tells me a lot! Despite being sick, my overall sleep has been better even the last few days than it ever was before the Earthpulse. During crazy stressful nights of being woke up at 2:00 a.m. with a crisis, spending one night with my husband in the hospital (he's fine), I was understandably wakeful, but my overall sleep quality was so restorative I managed to keep functioning.

If I hadn't trashed my system with sugar, I'd be doing fabulous right now. So no more sugar! No matter the temptation!!

Also, I have just gotten my results back from 23andme and ran them through Sterling's app at the MTHFRsupport site. I'm +/+ for C677T and 13 other snps in the Methylation section. So tomorrow afternoon I have my first consult with Dr. Tim Jackson. Maybe this is a sign of improvement to come!!

On a side note, dealing with Earthpulse's inventor Paul Becker has been fabulous!!! He responds so quickly to emailed questions and has really stood by his product with me. It has been a pleasure to do business with him. Once I get some of my MTHFR issues in line, I will touch base with Paul about improving my breath hold times even more. However, I feel pretty confident that these stupid snps are giving my body grief right now. I just don't know how much grief.

cinnamon likes this.
  19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That's a really positive review for your experience. Is your daughter's experience reflecting the same benefits, even though she perhaps abuses her sleep cycle by not going to sleep at a reasonable time? I'm keen to try one, well I am a gadget freak lol, but I can't bring myself to spend the extra for the custom's duty and tax.

20. Arcole

Arcole New Member

I would say my daughter does indeed abuse her sleep cycle and she knows it. She is trying to do better though since finding out she too has methylation issues. She is heterozygous for both C677T and A1298C as well as a number of others. But she does say that Sleep 3 has been a very good setting for her as well and she uses it nightly, which to me says a lot since college students aren't very good with consistency.

I'll get a real update from her soon and post. On the other front, my husband and dog are sleeping very well themselves. Now that my husband has changed some of his lifestyle habits, most especially with regard to diet and watching his blood pressure and blood sugar, I am hoping he will get even more benefit from it. It took a high blood pressure crisis to wake him up, but he's finally on the epi-paleo wagon with the rest of us. He's already lost 20 pounds too. Men. Sigh. All he had to do was give up the honey buns at last. I haven't had a stupid honey bun in seven years and can't lose 20 pounds.