1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My current test results for anyone wanting to comment

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Hope2Learn, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Hope2Learn

Hope2Learn We are all connected.

I just posted this in my journal but I would love to get feedback here on anything that stands out to anyone. :)

---------------
    ok so, my test results.... (BTW they use Quest Diagnostics, if it matters - these were all done on January 9, 2015)...

1. my urinalysis:
    urinalysis.png

2. Urine - Beta-HCG: negative

3. Vitamin D25 Hydroxy: (STANDARD RANGE: 32.0 - 100.00 ng/mL) - MINE: 38.9
    INTERPRETATION: "Sufficiency" (under 32 is "Insufficiency" and over 100 is "Potential toxicity")

4. Cardio CRP: (STANDARD RANGE: 0.00 - 1.00 mg/L) - MINE: 0.85

5. TSH: (STANDARD RANGE: 0.47 - 4.68 uIU/mL) - MINE: 2.0

6. T3, Total: (STANDARD RANGE: 80 - 200 ng/dL) - MINE: 124

7. Free T4: (STANDARD RANGE: 0.8 - 2.2 ng/dL) - MINE: 1.0

8. Lipid Profile - fasting (note that it's gotten worse and worse lately.. ugh):

lipidNew.png

9. Cortisol [ blood was taken after fasting for 12 hours, about 5 hours after waking. I get up at 5:30am, they took this blood at 10:25am.] : (STANDARD RANGE: 4.5 - 22.7 ug/dL) - MINE: 8.1

NOTE - FOR THE NEXT FEW TESTS YOU PROBABLY NEED TO KNOW MY CYCLE DAY ON TESTING ... THAT"S TRICKY. I have about a 28 day cycle pretty darn regularly, so if I'm due about the 18th (give or take a couple of days) then the 9th was probably around day 19 or something, which I *think* is the "Luteal phase" but I don't know much about this.

10. FSH: (STANDARD RANGE: 1.4 - 18.1 mIU/mL) - MINE: 6.7

11. LH: (STANDARD RANGE: 1.30 - 8.00 mIU/mL) - MINE: 10.00

LH INTERPRETATION -
    PHASE RANGE (mIU/mL):

LH FOLLICULAR PHASE: 0.6 - 12.1 (Begins on cycle day 1 with first full day of menstruation)
    LH MID-CYCLE PHASE: 27.3 - 96.1
    LH LUTEAL PHASE: 0.8 - 15.5
    LH POST-MENOPAUSAL: 13.1 - 86.5

12. Estradiol: (see interpretation below) - MINE: 140

ESTRADIOL - PHASE RANGE (pg/mL):
    FOLLICULAR: 19 - 83
    MID-CYCLE: 150 - 528
    LUTEAL: 58 - 157
    POST-MENOPAUSAL: 0 - 31

--------------
    UPDATED:

13. Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: (STANDARD RANGE: < 9 IU/mL) - MINE: 74
    (NOTE: Jack said on my thread about this "Its Hashi's"... so there's one answer!)

14. Thyroglobulin Antibodies: (STANDARD RANGE: <or = 1 IU/mL) - MINE: <1

15. 17-Hydroxyprogesterone: (NO RANGE GIVEN BUT NOT FLAGGED) - MINE: 202

16. Serum Allergy RAST testing: not allergic to pollens, grasses, mites, or danders but serum IgE was flagged as High at 142 (STANDARD RANGE: <115 KU/L)
    ** The point of this test was to be tested for food allergies, specifically seafood, but my GP neglected to note that fact on the script. oops. At least now I know there is a true food allergy there.. just, still don't know what it is!**

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. Hope2Learn

Serum DHEA testing came back this morning -
    325 ug/mL

this puts me out of range on the HIGH end which is opposite of what I expected.

Problem is, I don't know if that's only because I took two 12.5 mg doses of DHEA in pill form about 3-5 days prior to the blood test. OR if it's truly high. (The standard range given by Quest Diagnostics, who my hospital/clinic uses and insurance will pay for, is "102 - 1185 NG/DL" without any specifics as to gender or age.)

How can I know? Anyone have an idea? Thanks as always!

-----------------
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003717.htm :

Typical normal ranges for females are:
    Ages 18 - 19: 145 - 395 micrograms per deciliter (ug/dL)
    Ages 20 - 29: 65 - 380 ug/dL <<<<<<< Mine was 325 when tested. I took two 12.5 doses of over the counter DHEA within 3-6 days prior to the blood test and got cystic acne immediately and stopped again. I just turned 42, BTW.
    Ages 30 - 39: 45 - 270 ug/dL
    Ages 40 - 49: 32 - 240 ug/dL
    Ages 50 - 59: 26 - 200 ug/dL
    Ages 60 - 69: 13 - 130 ug/dL
    Ages 69 and older: 17 - 90 ug/dL

3. Jude

Jude Gold

afaict...it's one of those 'neither here nor there' results on it's own. When starting this health reengineering protocol, these tests are our base line...that's all.....
    The most important protocols needed to change our labs are
    laugh out loud:p ...lots
    enjoy your family:D...lots
    get outside, play with the kids o_O...lots
    try to cut the stress:rolleyes: ...by lots!
    and
    all those things JK recommends in the '├žircle of life'
    the Leptin reset,
    managing nnEMF and fake light in our life,
    non fluoride water
    Have fun:D, try not to stress:eek:...

4. kovita

kovita Gold

Not bad in overall. You ahve to change your diet, too much carbs...wrong lipid panel. Epipaleo is the answer. The thyroid you know already. The progesterone would be of better value with range and I would target lower estradiol (even your value is in range). Cortisol (in my opinion) only makes sense of you do time tracking - ASI. Higher DHEAs is better then low DHEAs, it is always good to see morning and evening values (most hormones have time specific release and profiles). Not sure how it was affected by the supps because I never supplemented DHEAs myself. Remember what i told you about IgE.? ;-) Look up boswelia. As said here before the most important thing is to start to change your life and stick to it. The things will slowly get better.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  5. Hope2Learn

Thanks ladies! :)

I finally had my consult with the compounding pharmacist who I was referred to for BHRT. I put a detailed account of the encounter in my blog. Bottom line is, the guy told me to switch to his diet he invented seven years ago, it's called Paleo, and it's all the rage. (I call BS.)

He also said forget DHA, it's not important and stop focusing on it and instead focus on Adrenal Fatigue. He said if I get that under control then my Hashi's will be CURED. Yes, CURED. Especially if he gives me iodine drops for both ingesting and rubbing on my neck directly over my thyroid.

He suggested I go on his special diet for six months and also buy his supplement regime that will cost me $600 for a six month supply, but which he declined to explain what was in them. I suppose if I decide to buy them I will be able to read the labels but this still is quite irritating to me, all things considered.

I asked him within three minutes of meeting him, if he knew who Jack Kruse was, because it sounds like he's regurgitating whatever he's memorized from Jack's books and website, right down to his feelings about the USDA and grains, choleserol intake, and my HPA axis being messed up.

On the one hand that makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about. On the other hand, I'm a skeptic by nature and my alarm bells are ringing about this guy. First good, then bad, and now I can't decide what to think. (Let me just point out that he also said that 90% of people who call him for help, he 'diagnoses' with Adrenal Fatigue, and says that he suggests his special diet and supplement plan to all of them as the solution to this diagnosis. To me this sounds like the biggest alarm bunch of cr@p ever, like he's nothing but a salesman of his own "protocol" which is actually not even his own but mostly Jack's!)

Bottom line is, for the purposes of BHRT he is suggesting lozenges that he will formulate from "real, not synthetic" progesterone and then cut in half. He suggests I take one per day on day 14 and 15 of my cycle.

That's it, or maybe it was two per day. He said anyone who comes to him who has ever been on birth control/synthetic progesterone, he goes straight for the lozenge because the cream isn't appropriate for those people.

I feel like I just wasted a month waiting for this appointment. He also told me all my labs are worthless, even the Hashi's antibodies because he said that any doctor who treats my particular Hashi's with any typical thyroid med would be in error, because he says those just have to do with T4 and he said my issue is T3. He said do reverse T3 and that's worthwhile but everything else I had done was a waste.

*sigh*

I guess all I want to know now is, what do you all think about this progesterone lozenge 2 x monthly, is that really going to solve my sex drive issue? Really?

All I want is BHRT. That is all I ever wanted. I realize ther's a lot more to it and assume by default I'm going to do all that stuff. And then focus on this dose of this medicine please, and tell me if he's being overly simplistic..?

I don't want to order progesterone online and self-dose but at this point I'm going to do that before I take his advice I think, unless people here think he's got some legit views. I think the reason he said the cream isn't appropriate for ANYONE who has EVER been on the pill or depo provera, etc, is just so that he can get people to buy the lozenges from him and he still gets a buck out of it. But again.. maybe that's paranoia.

He did give me a reference - he said some Dr. Walsh guy who is big in adrenal fatigue had pulled him aside to ask him for advice several years ago because Dr. Walsh wanted to know what this guy was doing to help his 6000 patients so far, because Dr. Walsh was so impressed with his work.

I was hoping maybe Jack heard of this guy since he said he goes to all kinds of conferences about 'this stuff" and gives talks on BHRT and AF. But I don't want to put his name out here in the forum. Well, that's it. Input is welcome as always. Thanks.

Edited to add: Apparently lozenge is "troche" in French. I saw the word "troche" on this forum awhile back and had no idea what it was so, for anyone who is confused, that's what we're talking about here. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think your lipid panel is gradually getting better. Your HDL is getting higher. Total cholesterol is getting better, closer to 200.
    My husband's DHEA was low, so he took a supplement for a while. Then it went sky high. So he gradually cut back to once/week, and finally stopped. I think your DHEA result is because of your supplement, not your own production. Remember DHEA is a hormone the body creates from LDL cholesterol, with the help of vitamin A and thyroid hormone. With your hashi's, you probably aren't converting enough LDL to the various steroid hormones.

Do you get morning sunshine?

Hope2Learn likes this.
  7. Hope2Learn

Thank you for you reply! That makes a lot of sense.. I figured the DHEA had to be from the pill because it makes no sense for it to be high otherwise. I agree about the LDL issue.. it's higher this time than ever before which seems consistant with Hashi's.

I get morning sunshine whenever there is any to be gotten, but there is a window between me and the sun for now due to temperatures where I am. :)