1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My CT trick

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Stevie D, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Stevie D

Stevie D New Member

So I've got a freezer filled with water I use for my CT and during the winter i just use my pool and the worst part when i first started was the "Holy fuck my balls are cold" moment when you first get in. The trick is one I learnt from my mma coach Steve Morris (I'm named after him lol) and it was one he taught me to do when body conditioning i.e when smashing various parts of the body on various wood, metal, and other objects to build toughness into the limb.

You find one of the softest cloths you can and rub it between your fingers constantly as you smash your shin against the target. As long as you rub the cloth it made the impact much easier to deal with. And I discovered it does the exact same thing in CT. I started using a bit of an old soft blanket I cut off and then realized I was an idiot and that I have an entire soft blanket stuck to my head by nature.

Now all I have to do is rub my hair for a few moments as I gently lower into my freezer and bam it totally distracts me from the chill. Hope it helps someone :)

2. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Very cool trick! I'm only at face-dunks, when I feel brave enough, but maybe it works then, too.

3. Stevie D

Stevie D New Member

yeah it works on face dunking too. I used it when i first started by rubbing my towel between my finger and thumb. Good luck :)

4. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Seriously? Rubbing your hair helps get in the tub? I'll try it!!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

What a great idea!

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Great post . I believe what you are doing is actually creating a paradox in your autonomous nervous system. So you are introducing an action from the feed and breed cycle (caress)to a time when your eye has already signaled "stress " at seeing the cold water in the tub.
    We do it unconsciously more often than we think . We rub people who are upset between the shoulder blades, blow on a childs bruised knee, sing a lullaby to a child who cannot sleep , seemingly "stupid" things

Phosphene, caroline, seanb4 and 4 others like this.