1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My bumpy road to optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by kathiebu@hotmail.com, Mar 24, 2012.

1. It's been a while...I'm still here, coming from time to time to read the forum and the blog. I don't have Internet at home for the moment, so I don't spend a lot of time around here and I know I missed lots of good informations.

Febuary has been a pretty difficult month for me, and March has not been the easiest neither. But I think I'll be just fine. Still eating epi-paleo as much as possible. Can't tolerate shrimps anymore. Having lots of salmon and trout. Switched to spring water a few days ago. Had lots of cravings in Febuary, but I'm fine now. Had a pretty stressful day yesterday and felt like binging, but talked myself out of it. Don't want to feel bad for days, it's not worth it, and it's going to affect my sleep...

Talking of sleep, it's still crap :( Had a week at the end of Febuary where I slept well, but other that that, I didn't have a good night sleep since January 10th. Been cheating the last past week and took Elavil to sleep. Worked half of the time. Went to bed last night at 10, and woke up at 6 this morning, but I'm not feeling that good. I'm light-headed and I feel weak. Has been all week, so I'm wondering if it's because of the sleep pills. Won't take them tonight and will see if I can sleep. It's always the same: no problem to fall asleep (I'm taking melatonin also), but I wake up between 1 and 3 every night and can't fall back to sleep. I'm taking a supplement that should help the liver. But I guess all the stress I went trought lately didn't help.

Did ground a few times, and felt really dizzy afterward. Can't do it for now, I'll have to wait for the snow to melt and go to a park nearby. Can't wait to do it regulary and se how I feel!!

Wanted to go back to the gym, but I don't have the green light for that, so I went to a yoga studio instead. I love it. I go to the studio once or twice a week, and I'm doing some at home almost every day. I already feel stronger in my arms and thighs. Can't wait to do it outside while grounding :)

2. endless

endless New Member

Good to hear from you! I was wondering the other day how you were doing :)

I had exactly the same issue with sleep during a hugely stressful time. I woke up EVERY night by 2am. I just stopped trying for awhile and would get up and watch a movie or something. It lasted for a few months and slowly got better. I think the liver support is a great idea. If you can, maybe you should get some acupuncture treatments or massage to help you recover from the stress.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

so nice to hear from you....my sleep has turned to crap all of a sudden too ...hard to figure it all out some days!
    A massage sounds like a great idea!

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi K, Sorry to hear you are so stressed and not sleeping. Really glad to know you are fine though. Neurobiologix makes something called calming cream and the stuff really works (well, for me anywho) to help you sleep. Smells weird but who cares cuz you're sleeping anyway. I only use this when I really need to get some sleep.

5. Hi you all!

Krista, I already do accupuncture treatments. Haven't had any the last 3 weeks, I will try to book one this week. And yes, massage sounds like a great idea!! :)

V, thank's for the suggestion, I'll look at it. I have no problem falling asleep, but I wake up around 2 and trun for the rest of the night.

Last night wasn't that bad, but I went to bed way too late. Didn't took the sleeping pills and feeling much better this morning.

Have a nice day!! :)

6. Just had a wonderful week end away of the city with familly... And slept like a baby the 4 nights I was away. Hopefully I will sleep that well tonight. Ate lots of fish and seafood. Crab season just begun here, I had some last night and planning to have some again this week.

Took sleeping pills once last week and felt real bad the day after. Won't take them anymore. Added back Ubiquinol and D-Ribose last week, but forgot to take them this week end.

Got the chance to ground once this week-end, and the snow is almost all melted here, so I should be able to do it everyday from this week :) Can't wait to see if I'll feel better!

Having sugar craving tonigh, but just had some fish and veggies instead...Hopefully it will go away sooooon!!!!

Turning off the computer now, Have a nice evening all! :)

7. Slept well mondât night as I retourned from the we, and didn't sleep the 2 following nights, waking up at 2 and turning for the rest of the night. Had an accupuncture tx Tuesday, but it didn't help. Going back next Thursday.

Stopped taking D-ribose and Ubiquinol to see it that might help, and sept much better the 2 following nights, despite having wine and going to bed late on Friday night. Feeling a little wired today, but it's still better than no sleep.

Went to the dentist yesterday, theeth are very healthy and much less tartar than usual. Started oil pulling this morning to see how its gonna do until next appointment. I will go back in a few weeks to get an occlusal apparel to sleep with as Im always contacting my jaw, day and night. No headaches, but my jaw is hurting and it might help me to get better restful nights -when I sleep, off course ;)

Cut the chocolate from my diet, again...I really have a hard time with this. Cant help it, as soon as there is any in the place, I have to have it. Got to be strict AI!!

Not doing much CT, but am shower is pretty cold. Havent done any grouding this week, its really cold out for April. Might do it just now and enjoy the sun a few minutes.... :cool:

8. endless

endless New Member

That chocolate is a tough one to give up! I am using the 90% Lindt on occasion, but if I have any that is higher in sugar I can't stop.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep... I am the same ..can't have chocolate around ...

10. Arclite

Arclite New Member

c'mon guys. Chocolate = fat + cocoa powder. Mix butter or coconut oil with cocoa powder until you reach desired consistency. add in some salt and sweeten with stevia if desired. let sit until it hardens. watch the carbs though. 1 tbsp of cocoa powder has 1 g of sugar. I add a spoonful of it to my coffee, it mixes with the coconut oil and lives a film of chocolate on top.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

You don't understand .... If it is there I keep eating until it is all gone! It doesn't seem to affect my weight tho......maybe I should just eat away!

12. endless

endless New Member

I am fine with the 90%...it's the overly sweetened stuff that triggers cravings for me.

13. I know, its mostly fat and low sugar, but I dont think its allowed on the AI protocol. Correct me if Im wrong so I can run having some, but otherwise I'll stay away.

14. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Speaking of chocolate, I just ate the head off a bunny. It wasn't 90% either. I have to get it out of the house. There are times when it doesn't bother me but other times....well....the bunny has no head!

Don't buy anymore chocolate. Good luck with the strick AI!

15. Thanks Paula! Hopefully the bunny has the left over safe ;)

Doing good with strict AI. Day 6 as we speak. Doing at least 30 minutes of grouding every day. Cold shower as well, but they should last longer. Working on it.

Sleep as been awesome in the week end. For the second week, it seems that I sleep better in the week end than in the week. Sleep is good on Thursday (not working on Friday) and becomes aweso e by Sunady night. I don't feel it, but might be a little more stressed week day, causing me to not to sleep as well? Sleep is not that bad, I wake up around two and go back to sleep faster than I used to, but I wake up not refreshed at all in the morning. Between 5 and 8 seems to be the best sleep when that happen. I have another accupuncture treatment tomorrow. I feel so great when I get out of there, hopefully it will help with sleep as well.

Have a nice day all! :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Glad to hear your sleep is awesome - at least on the weekends. Have you tried full on C/T? Have you tried grounding an hour before going to bed during the week?
    and are you making sure that you allow 4 hours after eating before bed?

17. Thank's... But its been s***y all week. Is yours better?
    I did tried grouding at night, but for now it doesnt change anything. Need to be more consistant, but its so cold here...Tu give you an idea, its snowing right now :(
    And im not doing full CT. Only have a shower right now, no bath tub. Couldnt take a cold shower this morning. When I get to wired, I cant tolerate any cold. Might be time to re-introduce some magnesium and DHEA to see how it goes....

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Baby steps - do what you can for now......

19. Yeah...One day at the time...

Slept like a baby last night...I dont understand....The more strict my diet, the less sleep I get. Yesterday I let it slipped and had more carbs than usual. Had dinner late, with wine. Went to bed an hour after dinner and passed out. Woke up once at 4 to use the badroom and went back to sleep in a few minutes...

Not using melatonin anymore since I have no difficulty falling asleep. Taking Prometrium at night and also Pg.

Will see how i'll sleep tonight..

20. Slept great again Saturday night and even better last night. The real test will be tonight. Will be adding magnesium too....To be continued... ;)