1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Blog , My Journal (yourpaleohealthcare.com) & Journey to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Shijin13, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

reading the book Little Britches by Ralph Moody to the kids tonight and this paragraph stood out. " ...she explained to me that Mother Nature was the best surgeon of them all, and that everything would work out nicely in a couple of days. All the time she was telling me, I was wishing she had thought of it sooner, and not tried to give old Mother Nature quite so much help when she didn't need it. " BOOM. the original copyright was 1926.

The truth grabs you and shakes you until you wake up and see the light..

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Poor sleep on the other side of the world too .... And we have had a ton is sun!

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So I've been a bit under the radar for the past several months... where oh where to start.

Work has compounded. I'm now doing 3 jobs on my project - but I'm one person and still only get 40hrs/week. School kept me busy - pulled B's in both classes. in October I started pushing seasonal Keto - "bonked" yet again and gained 10lbs all while managing my light cycles strictly (my keto was primarly seafood based - and I raised a question about it over on @yewwei.tan journal). November rolled around and I had added carbs back in b/c seriously I'm keto's bitch. I also ended up with 2 bouts of cellulitis - both of which I beat w/o antibiotics, doing hot epsom salt soaks in the sun with tea tree oil and oil of oregano. Redox FTW. unfortunately those two bouts kicked my ass and I ended up with bronchitis that turned in to Pneumonia... that required antibiotic and 3 rounds of predinsone. Drew labs in Dec - right in the middle of my pneumonia battle... yeah me. as for CT, that' took a back seat given how I got my ass kicked.

During this time as I added more carbs back in I began moving to the following macros 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. crazy thing - even though I felt like crap - I had an urge to exercise. Once I started feeling better I began doing daily HIITs and the occasionally jog (remember the J is silent), yep I'm back to working out and I feel better. my day to day stress has been reduced. I'm really enjoying getting out in the morning and getting my work out on.

I also had my eyes checked again. Confirmed my retinal tear is gone. But even though I've been strict with light managment and wearing my fashion forward blue blockers (BPI 550 tint) when I'm in artificial lighting... I'm seeing my lasik reverse. And I'm frustrated as to why? I'm strict with light. I've eaten seafood daily for the past 4 years. but my vision is reversing and I don't have an explanation as to why?

Got my labs back, and my doc and I looked back at my labs over the past 4 years and then looked at my labs before going paleo. my labs before going paleo my LDL was in the 220s , HDL was 85+, and Trigs were below 35. So my doc asked me to do a 4mth hack where I eat like I did before going paleo, which was basically gluten free, lots of veggies/fruits/starches, moderate fat/moderate protein sans dairy & eggs. So for the next 4 months I'm eating at least 40% of my calories from carbs, moderate protien/fat. Carbs will include seasonal fruits, veggies, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, and rice. protein will be consumed as I want it. some days its been one meal/day others I've had it at every meal. jsut going with the flow. It will be interesting to see what my labs look like after these next 4 months. I will continue to manage my light as I do now. I wake w/o an alarm clock and I watch the sun rise every morning and wear my blue blockers in front of any screen.

Now I get that this isn't Jack's protocols - but I'm trying to understand my n=1. and shit aint working. the interesting thing - by upping my carbs to 40% my bun:creatine ratio has finally dropped below 20 for the first time since testing. so right now I'm sitting at 18 at that ratio. I'm back on 60mg of Armour - as scalp acne came back when I dropped it during my cytomel hack. And I've move to 200mg Progesterone Troche (100mg am/100mg/pm) and my Progesterone has finally stayed above 20ng/dl and my SHGB has finally come down below 100ng/dl. I'll take it. for right now. So that's where I'm at. I'll continue to hack everything to improve my health. as usual I've "gone off the rails"

upload_2016-1-20_16-54-27.png

upload_2016-1-20_16-55-59.png
    upload_2016-1-20_16-56-48.png

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You said:
    Progesterone has finally stayed above 20ng/dl and my SHGB has finally come down below 100ng/dl.
    ------
    But where is your E2
    and what day of cycle the measurements take place?

Note;
    estrogens (all of them) raise SHBG

http://www.womensinternational.com/pdf/Hormone_Binding_Proteins.pdf
    About Hormone Binding Proteins
    Are you usig birth control pills? ---> increase SHBG

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3 rounds of predinsone
    I'm now doing 3 jobs on my project
    ==============================
    Good way to get screwed,

Linz and Inger like this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

^^^^ that.
    I think stress is really no good for women. they are just too sensible.. how can you heal when under high stress and so little time to do the healing things........
    I know it is hard and it is so common today, women are totally overworked... full time stressful works, home.. kids.. husband..... I could not do it :confused:

Mystic Rose60 and Linz like this.
  7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

No argument with this @JanSz this is why I made the comment in @yewwei.tan 's journal about managing all of my environment. Gotta have a job - this is the job I have, which is better than not having a job, or looking for work - which is what I'll be doing in April when this contract is up, and we wait for the next round of funding. I'd rather have more work. than worry about how we're going to pay the mortgage b/c I don't have a contract or work. Which is more stressful do you think?

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Estrogens are good. Estriadol didn't get run - labcorp didn't run 8 labs and my PCP has noticed that Labcorp and quest have been very inconsistent in running labs. She's had them drop TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 and only run rT3. She's also had them not do a full lipid panel or cbc or chem 7

9. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

So hear you what you're saying Gretchen. Balancing the life we have with the life we want is the challenge always. Still need to put food on the table and roof over the head. Keep plugging!

Shijin13 and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  10. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

There's no doubt in my mind about what you just said here Inger. Looking back now, this was one of the most stressful periods of my life....raising three children and working full time,etc., trying to maintain my sanity/health in the process.....way too much stress and it's hard to find time to really nurture yourself and heal. But on the other hand, you have to pay the bills and put food on the table too and if you don't have the means to do that, that=stress too. Women are faced with these challenges in today's modern society. It's a fine line that many women walk when they are trying to find balance and make their health their #1 priority. I feel compassion and empathy for them.

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yep we have to strike a balance. Not everyone here have the income to just say fuck it I'm going to do what I want. I'm fortunate I have flexibility with my company - but its not enough flexibility to live in the tropics.

Thanks Rose. its a challenge. Health is #1 - b/c I need to be here for DH and Chaos and Havoc. but I also can't be a stay at home mom - I'd kill someone. Not my personality. as one of my bosses have told me I'm dangerous when my mind isn't engaged. Its one of the reasons I'm a jack of all trades master of nothing executive chief cat herder - they keep me moving on to different tasks b/c they want me engaged not bored.

If I could be in the midst of a crisis and eating lunch I'm at my best.

endless likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Are you sure all estrogens are good?
    Have you checked urinary estrogens?
    Lower right corner on this chart.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img4/9460/image204zx.jpg
    And on this:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img3/7564/image38b.jpg
    it goes into methylation
    =======================================

@Jack Kruse promised to explain how to get rid of high SHBG, (and he did).
    I am real slow, I have no clue when trying to convert that info into action.
    Wonder if he would consider not 4th but 2nd grade version of explanation.
    I thing almost 100% doctors have no clue what to do (except for Jack).

While at it, what to do with somebody who's transcortin got 3x over the top, bound close to 100% of cortisol and while there is more than enough of Total cortisol there is (practically) nothing to use.

//