1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Blog , My Journal (yourpaleohealthcare.com) & Journey to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Shijin13, Jul 27, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Inger;
    this is for you and all who read this.

Unless dr Kruse says otherwise,
    I see not much point on using UV lamps alone (during day time).

That may go for you specially, because you live up North and are practically not exposed to natural UV and IR-A.

I live at about 40 degree north. What I do:
    1. designate my day time and night time hours
    2. day 14 hours
    3. night 10 hours
    4.when not outside when sun is up, during day time hours, supplement with lots of:UV, light and heat (IR-A), using many Solar Glo 160W lamps (one practically can't have too many of them, if he/she keeps them 3feet or farther away).
    5. during night time, red light or darkness, optional UV

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Curves and Optimalbound like this.
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

ahhh the daily struggles of life.

I've been focused the past few days on trying to get help for Chaos. She's showing signs of dyslexia and I've been working every angle. Reaching out to school, initially wasn't all that successful. their response was we don't evaluate or support kids who are dyslexic but we do support kids who are below grade level for reading/writing. Yet Chaos is struggling and it even flows over into math, her favorite subject. Knowing this, I left that meeting pissed, b/c hey the public school is failing us, when I shouldn't have been surprised at all. I got home and began researching local areas programs that evaluated, diagnosed, and treated learning disabilities. after looking at the costs of those programs ($3K- for an evaluation!) WHAT THE FUCK! seriously? eventually I found a practitioner who gave me the CPT codes they use for billing. And I called craptastic UHC. after talking and emailing with UHC for a day I've finally gotten and Idea of what they'll cover - about $900 of the $3K. grrrrrr I get that health insurance isn't supposed to cover learning disabilities. bu the cost is fucking ridiculous.

The school district should be providing some of this support. WHAT THE FUCK AM I PAYING TAXES FOR? So I call down to the head start agency within the School district and begin asking questions. Eventually I get ahold of the woman in charge of the area we live in - and find out that the district does provide these services. I'm just getting the fucking run around, and have been since my meeting on Wednesday. Well low and behold, I came back from a meeting this afternoon and had an email from the Vice Principal of the school, saying that if we want, they'll do all the testing to help Chaos.

Seems that the squeaky wheel still gets the oil these days. you've just gotta be a stubborn bitch about it to gain any traction.

Delving into all of this has me wondering about the wiring of the brain in dyslexia. Is it a true wiring issue or is it an energy issue, such that the brain doesn't have enough free triplet state ROS to move electrons where they need to be to process the information coming in? Are dyslexics individuals that just think differently or are they individuals who've developed different wiring patterns as a result of insufficient energy in the brain?
    maybe its a combination of both... @NeilBB I'd love to hear your thoughts on this as well as Jack's too.

On a side note.... yesterday I changed up how I'm taking my compounded progesterone. my Awesome PCP switched me from 3 forms of Pg (troches, sublingual, and topical) to 1 form: troches. I'm splitting my dose 100mg am and 100mg pm. Yesterday I took my am 100mg Pg Troche with my 2mg of nicotine. MY WORLD HAS FUCKING CHANGED. Its like someone took windex to my glasses and I can fucking see. AM Brain fog gone. and motivation out the ass! (granted so far its only been focused on work but still) I'm loving this... and the best part this change is going to save me $$$ on my hormones! WHOOT! and we'll be able to play with dosages better.... if I want to see about cycling the Pg across my cycle, once we verify I'm on the right dose.

One other thing I learned recently - is that my high Fasting Blood Glucose in the am correlated with the stevia in the troches. back after my labs in april, I started having the compounding pharmacy provide unflavored and unsweetened troches - and bam my FBG dropped back into the low 80's.

3. On dyslexia, look at the work of Donna Eden (author of Energy Medicine). She has a ton of free videos available online. I've used her stuff for myself and my one girl who has more issues. Not sure "why" it works but it does.

Shijin13 and Gulfgirl like this.
  4. Gulfgirl

Gulfgirl Gold

I would just add and reiterate the aspect of lingual palatal contact. My two profoundly dyslexic sons improved drastically after Myofunctional Therapy and breathing work. Cranial nerve integration work is very powerful. Like "bird" says I think the energy approaches are good as well. Charge the battery and improve the voltage within as well as remove restrictions like we discussed before.

Shijin13 likes this.
  5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Thanks Ladies... working on the velcro tongue for me and the kids this weekend...

nicld, thisbirdhaswings and Gulfgirl like this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Hi Gretchen,
    Just passing on some migraine success to fellow migraineurs..

The EMF from my computer screen ended up being a real instigator, even though my meter read zero at my head distance (and it is a good quality meter!). I thought that it was neck strain from holding my head in one position for too long.

I tried putting aluminum foil in a baseball hat and IT TOTALLY WORKED!

I'm going to order a shielded power cable for it and see if that helps.

Hope you are doing well

7. shah78

shah78 Gold

I'm going to try one.........right now! :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

How did it work for you?

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

10. nicld

nicld Gold

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dear full moon, new Pg hormones dose (not enough), cycle midpoint, and lack of sun for 2 straight days. FUCK YOU For the lack of sleep last night and the head ache that coupled the lack of sleep.

I'm dragging ass trying to figure out how to schlep through this day...

12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Same here - you are not alone. This month's full moon seemed to intensify anxiety, restlessness, and also interfered with my sleep.

I am also dragging ass today... :thumbsdown:. Beautiful day here. Can't wait to get outside at lunchtime.

Curves likes this.
  13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dawn is it bad, that I'm glad I'm not alone???? the sun is out here.... I'm grabbing some shrimp and going to go eat them outside and do my 10am telecon out side..

fitness@home likes this.
  14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Procrastinating too. No sunning today. Rain...
    I had not considered the full moon. My sleep was reasonable though - 7 hours.
    Effect of yesterdays mega sun session? (Spring here)

15. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep, definitely NOT alone. I was WIPED out yesterday (DD has a seizure that night just as I was about to fall asleep so that did not help). I literally felt like my battery was operating at only 50% all day. Went home last night, got my stuff done that I needed to get done, did a little IR light (need to see if I can do this at night) and crawled my ass under my UVA light and just sat there. No reading, nothing. Eventually felt a little better so I read some more of Dr. Ott's book but went to bed early with the cyrohelmet on. Battery feels much better today. We had no sun yesterday either, cold, snowy/raining and windy and it is a repeat today. Thank goodness we are going to get some sun this weekend.

Oh and I too am around mid point of cycles and started my cream on Saturday. I usually have issues the second half with sleep too but it is a little better this cycle.

There is something to the term "lunacy" ;);););)

Curves likes this.
  16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

alyson thiessen, Curves and nicld like this.
  17. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep. Wonder what can be done to mitigate the effects on the body to these events?

18. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

I think like this.

If we are willing to stand on one feet in the modern world and one in nature, when the storm comes we can simply balance over with both in nature. So my advice and it has worked for me every time i felt it... Go out, do not hide indoors, sync up with nature, hide in a cave if you must. When the shit is over you can go back and look what happens in the city again. I think we can still have some of the wonderful things we have created but the homebase must be nature made.

caroline and Curves like this.
  19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Joe Gavin likes this.
  20. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Shijin13 likes this.