1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My Blog , My Journal (yourpaleohealthcare.com) & Journey to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Shijin13, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

My parents are awesome and drive me nuts at the same time, as the result of being an only. Its only been in the past 15years that my mom and I can say we actually like each other. My Dad on the other hand still thinks of me as his little girl, and sometimes wants me to do things differently. When this happens I remind him its my life to mess up. I've gotta do things, and sometimes that means I FAIL. Every FAILURE has brought me to where I am today.

The one great thing is this entire Journey of health has strenghtened my relationship with John. We're actively trying to help each other build up our weakness, and continue to cultivate our strengths...

alyson thiessen and nicld like this.
  2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Yeah sure! My friend from jersey is coming to stay with her kiddos 4 and 6 yrs old was going to invite you anyway! i cant afford oysters at the moment....Ive got kipper snacks, sardines, and tuna....lol Maybe we could whip up a paella? I need to learn your recipe anyway!

I do have a lovely bottle of tequila....:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ohhhh that' sounds fun..... planning and plotting...

Trooper has his CGC thing on sunday afternoon.... maybe I'll tell John to head over and take the kids for a swim and I'll meet you there!!!

cantweight likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

All that turmoil and heartache impacts your health in so many viscious ways....and the kiddos are affected too. Not good for them to see you abused in so many ways.

I put up with abuse from my mother for years and years and then my daughters took over her role I guess. JK made me realise that I don't deserve that shit ...and that was a huge watershed moment for me.

Now, a year later, I have a very loving, kind, smart and may I just say - very sexy partner who treats me like gold. Tony has three adult sons who also treat me with love and respect and all his friends as well. I have never been part of that before.

Jack always tells us ....we have to be good enuf for ourselves first ......

You are a very special woman Gretchen ..... lets rock the world!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

one more thought that John might relate too.....

We had a close friend - a Catholic priest ....I am Catholic too so know about all the guilt!

I finally decided to have the conversation with him about my abusive mother ...

His word were simple and direct -

Your parents don't automatically deserve your respect ....they have to earn it. How liberating is that???

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Audrey that is awesome... I love it...

7. nicld

nicld Gold

Letting a child fail is a hard concept to grasp. My hubby had a hard time understanding that when our daughter was a senior in high school. They fought all the time since he thought she needed to learn life lessons. My thought was if we have not taught her enough stuff by now, you yelling at her will not get her to learn. We need to allow her to fail and be there to help pick up the pieces if she needs it.

Now we have a very successful, strong, independent beautiful young woman who was able to move all the way across the country with her boyfriend to have a life of their own. I don't think we did too bad for being very young parents and I having came from a divorces dysfunctional family.

thisbirdhaswings and caroline like this.
  8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The last several weeks during work I've been hitting a mid-day slump, especially when I'm in my EMF wifi Ikea library office from hell. While my labs are starting to show some AWESOME Improvements, I'm still struggling with dehydration at the cellular level. so instead of shoving as much chocolate in my mouth due to CA+ efflux... today I took my ass outside ate crab salad for lunch and laid down on the ground and watched the clouds and threw the ball to Trooper. I also popped 2mg of nicotine to see how that would impact the chocolate/coffee urges.

I fell better... just from being outside. adding in the nicotine and the desire for both chocolate and coffee are gone.

now to figure out to get the Water I'm drinking into my cells....

10. Nittygrittydanny

Nittygrittydanny New Member

Joe, can I borrow that term, "mindfuck"??? TFF my friend!!

Next time a coach is spouting off pointless shit at me while I'm reffing a footbal game i'm gonna ask him "are you trying to mindfuck me coach??" Can't wait to see his reaction!!!!

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Audrey I need at 100ft cat 5 cable so I can sit out side and ground. I might be able to make my current cable reach the deck but it would just be outside... If I could run a cable downstairs... to the patio under the deck... I'd be all set.. then I'd set up the card table etc... the only problem is weather can be unpredictable in the foothills of the peidmont. today we had a small shower but it wasn't on the radar...

next trip to homedepot will include more Cat 5 cable..

nicld likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

maybe you need a girl shack outside????

Nick [Brisbane] built an awesome man shack in his great new backyard...something for everyone back there!!

14. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ooooh a yurt office!

nicld, Shijin13 and caroline like this.
  15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

naw I'll just run a cat 5 cable out to the chicken coop...

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME. It would seem my Health Insurance has been canceled without proper notification and justification. LOVELY. If this is what it appears to be... I will OWN UHC.

The gloves are coming off.... I called in a refill on my BHRT Progesterone - and I received a call yesterday (missed it b/c my cell was off) that I was no longer covered by UHC. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'm seriously going to contact a contracts lawyer.... and fuck them up.... if this doesn't get resolved real quick...

Last two times this happened I let my company HR and Legal counsel fix this... If this is the case... FUCK I'm taking this to court. they can fucking BITE ME.

nicld likes this.
  17. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Bummer!

Was it a F-up on UHC's part the last two times? Ridiculous that errors like that can happen. Health insurance is important (especially when you have a family!).

Hope it gets resolved without any issues, but if you do have to go after them - make them pay!

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The previous 2 times UHC was at fault. They denied services that were included in my contract that my company negotiated. IT took me bringing legal in, to get them to resolve the problem, which the discovered was an error in the electronic systems that were not updated to include a coverage change for the serviced that occurred over 10 years ago... Seems no one else took the time to hodl them accountable when claims were denied...

I hate incompetency.. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HATE IT. You have a job to do... do it well, the first time.

nicld likes this.
  19. nicld

nicld Gold

Go get'em girl!!!!!

20. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

of course! my pleasure to add to any color to a discussion!

Shijin13 likes this.