1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

My 10 gauss Magnetico

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by nicld, May 15, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

I got my 10 gauss Magnetico yesterday and last night was the first night on it and it did not go too bad.

Our bed is a newer king size hybrid meaning it has some springs on the bottom and the top half is memory foam. I think the mattress is about 10-12” thick but I will double check when I get home.

I am pleased to say that I did not have any issues with it. Did not feel anything weird on it the way I did when I started putting the magnets under it from Harbor Freight. Did wake up early but that is because my back and neck have been bothering me for a while, which means a trip to my Chiropractor tonight (this has been going on for weeks). My husband did not have any real issues either. I am hoping once my neck and hips get straight my sleep will improve.

I will be curious to see if my animals sleep on it now. My one cat seemed to avoid the bed last night.

cantweight likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

My cat avoided it in the beginning, but now she sleeps by me every single night... like a stone :D

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Glad you finally have it Nicole. Keep posting about any changes you note!

4. Inger

Inger Silver

I forgot to say how excited I am for you too Nicole :) and yes, what Dawn said, keep us updated! (but you are really good in that BTW :))

5. nicld

nicld Gold

My male cat sat on the dresser last night instead of sitting on it. The girls did come on it for a while last night.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so glad that it went well Nicole!

I am curious about your memory foam mattress ... do you not find it sleeps really hot? and the thickness would diminish the magnetico a little?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  7. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I took my memory foam off, just for that reason. I also no longer use a pillow just so my head is a little closer

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think memory foam is terrible ....we bought a latex mattress with a gorgeous pillow top ....and there in lies the problem......memory foam in the pillow top and it doesn't breathe and some people feel like they are on fire!

I was lucky enuf to be able to turn mine over and put the pillow top on the bottom .....my mattress is around 16 in - so I will get another mattress before I get a magnetico.

Theka and Brent Patrick like this.
  9. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I was pretty lucky with my magnetico. Checked craigslist and got a queen 10 gauss for $500, never used. Had to be quantum biology at work

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

so lucky ...quantum something for sure!

Clayton likes this.
  11. nicld

nicld Gold

It might diminish it a bit but it is brand new. I used to get REAL hot in the middle of the night but I think that was due to the hormones being off. Don't have that issue anymore :D. We just bought a Serta iSeries hybrid bed last May and it took me months and months to decide on one (this was before I joined this site). We really do like it.

12. nicld

nicld Gold

That was a great buy.
    I found my daughters 5 gauss magnetico on Craigslist for $95. I have been watching and watching but could not find one for us, plus I needed a king. I keep watching for the DD or my mother, they need a queen.

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Night 2.
    It was ok. Still did not feel anything different but sleep was a bit more broken. I woke up about 1:45 am and had to pee. Probably because I was chugging the water yesterday and had a huge glass after 7 pm. I was trying to make sure I was well hydrated to reduce the detox effects plus I had my hips adjusted. Then woke up again sometime after 4:30 (I think). The great thing is that my lower back did not wake me (I love my Chiropractor).

I am sure the next couple of days may not be optimal but I’ll deal with that for the benefit in the long run.

14. nicld

nicld Gold

Night 3, not the best. Hoping tonight is better.

15. Nick

Nick Gold

Hang in there Nicole, I think all these things take a while to bed in and work, it is a mistake to expect Magnetico miracles overnight, though for some people the change is pretty instant. I think of the Magnetico as a lifetime investment that take many months to start turning things around. I did a few bathroom runs when we first bought ours, but that passed within a few weeks.

We have just been lent another 10G which I combined with the existing 10G to make a 20G. My first few nights I had a strange, broken, light sleeps but woke up full of energy. After 5 nights I am starting sleep normally again though both my wife and I seem to fall asleep instantly on it! We are planning to upgrade our youngest kid to 20G from 10G but wanted to see what it was like for us first.

Jude likes this.
  16. nicld

nicld Gold

Night 4, sleep was still not the best.

Thanks Nick, I figured I would have some issues with it. Have been experiencing the same issues as you, broken and light sleep. I figured that it would not be totally easy for me and it is not all that bad. Sleep is still better then it was a year ago.

It kinda irks me though that the hubby has not had any issues but it is better that he has not.

17. Clayton

Clayton New Member

It took me about two weeks to really adjust to mine. Now I find if I don't sleep on it I really miss it.

18. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks for sharing. It has not been horrible and I have heard some people have had. Hoping tonight will be better as I am exhausted. I was outside in the sun for about 7 hours and was either barefoot or with my leather moccasins.

19. nicld

nicld Gold

Night 5, still not the best but there was other stuff happening that did contribute to that.

First, I was a little stiff and sore from all of the yard work that we did yesterday but it did feel good to lay down in bed.:)

Second, I got sunburn so the back was a bit sore from that. Right now I am a nice bright pink.:oops:

Third, my SIL is still with us and her circadian rhythm is so screwed up that she sleeps during the day (where ever she is sitting) then stays on her nook and watches TV at night. The living room is right off of our bedroom so in order to sleep we need to shut the door. Well, the cats really don’t like that as my one likes to eventually crawl in bed with us. He scratches and paws at the door but if she is still up I don’t let him in case he wants back out and I can’t keep the door open. She is leaving tomorrow so just one more night of this. :mad:

Good thing is that all the work that I did straighten the hips out more and I did not wake up with a sore back. Not stressing about the sleep disruption right now and I did expect this. Can’t wait for it to get better though. ;)

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

everything should get much better soon.....

your SIL is a train wreck.......and it sounds like she doesn't even know it?