1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Music for a wedding …

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Gagnrad, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

There was a wedding in a town near where we used to live. The bride and groom discussed the music they wanted with the organist beforehand. What could possibly go wrong?

The bride asked for "the Robin Hood music". It's what she got. It is believed, locally, that this is what she wanted:

She actually ended up coming down the aisle to the strains of:

freesia likes this.
  2. shah78

shah78 Gold

We had True Companion all cued up for our Wedding "Money Shot", and one of my wife's friends shut off the music so everyone could hear" us" better. Not as good a story as the above,though.

3. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

Too funny! They didn't have the music cued for the rehearsal? Or ask for a sample? I suppose if played on an organ they were spared the sound of the swift arrow and the lyrics. That's something.

So many memories stir from the TV Robin Hood theme song. When I was about the age of 4 he was my hero (tied with Mighty Mouse)--and Richard Greene will always be the real Robin Hood. Because he was my first. ;-) Learned to love Errol, too, but his hair looked so funny in pre-Beatles days.

Theme song comes at the end during the credits.

Gagnrad likes this.
  4. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I think this was music played at the end of the service as everyone left the church. Maybe that's not something that would be practised. Or if they did practise walking out, maybe the organist wasn't there at the practise, so that his interpretation of their requests :eek: remained unknown until the big day. :) Funny anyway.

Maybe something jaunty like that is a propitious start to a marriage. LOL

5. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

OK...I can't resist putting in my organ story, except this was for a funeral on Prince Edward Island (where they have funeral co-ops) A neighbour of our was the organist for many services and sometime in the sixties was very happy to have a new electric organ to play with lots of shiny buttons and new fangled options. For her first funeral with the new organ she chose to play "Nearer my God to thee" as the service began. Unfortunately she had pressed the "Banjo" feature without knowing it and the hymn rolled out in a flurry of bluegrass banjo rolls!.....no one was amused as she madly pressed buttons to turn the damn banjo off.
    Of course now it's a favourite story....

Gracelind and Gagnrad like this.
  6. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

My wife used to do wedding flowers. I heard of one wedding where "Let's Get Together" by Al Green was requested for the recessional song, what was actually played: "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye. They both work equally imho, sharing electrons!

I also heard about a wedding where the bride coming down the aisle was to the recording of the Star Wars Imperial March theme, instead of the standard bridal march music. major fail

Gagnrad and SeaHorse like this.
  7. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

LOL

Mind you, Marvin does sing:

and if your bride's still "beating around the bush" after publicly giving vows and on the way out of the ceremony, you'd have to wonder why she turned up at all.

Golly. Instead of the music from Lohengrin? I know Wagner has something of a dark side, but surely he's got nothing on Darth Vader.