1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

MTHFR, HS-CRP, thyroid, B12, homocysteine

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Cuffy, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh boy, sounds complicated.

My appointment got rescheduled too, but I’m just starting with my generic family GP for basic labs covered by insurance to get a baseline for now (since I’m actually feeling pretty good, thank the gods).

Some in this community have had luck consulting with Dr. Tim Jackson. Here’s a few links and you can search both the blogs and forum for more. No idea if he still does consults but might be worth a look.

https://jackkruse.com/achieving-optimal-dr-tim-jackson-healing-your-hormones/

https://jackkruse.com/hormones-webinar-with-dr-tim-jackson/

Oh, and why can’t you fly? (Just curious)

Cuffy likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

You are definitely at sharpshooter or above lately

[​IMG]

MITpowered26, DrEttinger and Cuffy like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

^^^^^True. Perhaps Dr. Ettinger does consults?

Cuffy likes this.
  4. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Yup! My PCP/GP ran the initial tests, and then the NP asked my PCP order the most recent batch of testing so insurance would cover it. (CDSA and DUTCH were out of pocket, and quite expensive.) I am grateful that my PCP is wiling to work with other doctors. If not, I'd find another doctor ... but so far she seems to be a step above traditional allopaths (she's an OP).

Thanks! I'll have a look.

My 7-months pregnant best friend was in the first plane to hit the WTC. I've booked multiple fights in the ensuing years, and I've even gotten myself to the airport, but I just can't board that plane. It's less about fear than grief. Probably some kind of PTSD I need to resolve eventually.

5. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Paging @DrEttinger :--)

Feel free to DM me if you do remote consults. If not, no worries and no need to reply.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  6. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

I'm sorry but I don't know how to DM.

Just to be clear here, I did not comment on your post to solicit you or anyone else as a client. I never have nor will I ever do that. I do offer distance consults and have done so for the past 25 of my 30.5-year career. The only reason I'm commenting now is that in my heart/head I feel you may not be getting the advice you are looking for (light/water/magnetism...). I have 30+ years in human biochemistry as well as functional medicine. If you want help, I can help you. https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Distance-Client-Program-revised-01-January-19.pdf

https://www.advancedhealing.com

“Both health, as well as disease, are easy to achieve. When I explain to my patients what needs to be done to regain back their health, 95% say, ‘that’s way too simple. How can that possibly work? How come I’ve never heard of that before?’ It’s simply because most patients have just come from a world filled with falsehoods, half-truths, outright lies, and false prophets (food gurus, blogs, awareness groups, media, AMA, Big Pharma, FDA, FCC, and EPA).

The truth is LIGHT, WATER, and MAGNETISM have been here since time immemorial. They have literally shaped human existence and all that surrounds us. So logically, why would it be so hard to believe that the avoidance or alteration of these three could cause disease or that by harnessing them, health could be created or restored?” Dr. Marcus Ettinger

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    JanSz and Cuffy like this.
  7. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Excellent! I'll be in touch. And I never for one second thought you were soliciting clients. I think of it more of being in the right place at the right time.

DrEttinger likes this.
  8. Novah

Novah Gold

Hi Cuffy,

Something else to consider - AIP Paleo tends to be really high in Oxylates. Check out Sally K Norton.

I believe I read JK say Oxylates aren’t important in a good environment, but you’re likely not in a good environment and need all the help you can get.

What I like about Sally is she’s been through the ringer health wise, she lives on the east coast, and she’s thriving in her 50s due to going low oxylate.

So in a poor environment, Oxylates might play a significant part of your puzzle. At least something to explore as it’s fairly simple to implement.

Worth a listen to these:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  9. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

@Novah thanks very much for the links. I have much to learn and feel as if I have forgotten equally as much. Buckets of new data tend to push the old out of my brain. (I think Dr. Saladino has given up eating all veggies.)

I'm fairly cautious with oxalate-laden foods, as I had a kidney stone on Christmas day 2017. I aim to keep oxalates under 50mg a day. Shortly after the stone, I started eating/drinking calcium and oxalate-rich foods together (e.g., Assam tea with raw, A2 heavy cream) hoping that oxalate and calcium would bind together in my stomach/gut before the kidneys started their processing. Around 6 months ago, I gave up most dairy to start an AIP version of my food plan. (I still occasionally consume <1 Tbs of A2 cream in coffee or tea.)

To monitor my reaction to vegetables, I created a spreadsheet that lists every food I would conceivably eat with columns to log levels or presence of oxalate, histamine, AIP, FODMAP, and lectins. The foods are even color coded green, orange, and red </geek alert> But more seriously, if you have ever had a kidney stone, there is nothing you won't try to avoid another one.

I sometimes worry that I am becoming dependent on my 10 "safe" foods that will, eventually, start to bother me. I'd rather fix the problems that are making food the problem--which I feel in my gut (ba-dum-dum) stems from intestinal permeability and lack of diverse flora.

Meanwhile, my environment isn't horrible, but there's room for improvement. I continue to make small improvements, but I have a ways to go. For example, I am not sure I have the nighttime interior light issue nailed (though lots of amber and red incandescent light bulbs throughout). I work from home 3-5 days a week, where I can control how I use technology (wired), sit/work outside when I can, take breaks in the sun, and do 2 hours of cold thermogenesis while I am working without raising any eyebrows.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  10. shah78

shah78 Gold

GO camping for a month and see what happens. better yet come to the yucaatan. this supplement route is complete crap. did nothing for me vs. the crater. nothing.

11. shah78

shah78 Gold

GO camping for a month and see what happens. better yet come to the yucaatan. this supplement route is complete crap. did nothing for me vs. the crater. nothing.

12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Aaaannnd Aquaman splashes in for the kill! :rofl::rofl:

Seriously though, he’s at least partially right. If you can overcome that plane aversion (sorry for your loss) 2+ weeks in Mexican crater water might move your needle. It did mine...

Have you tried EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? If I had a phobia/PTSD this meridian tapping/affirmation stuff is where I would start. Cheap and easy.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

14. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I should. I need to decide between my optimal health and these golden handcuffs. There are complications and dependencies ...

My family used to spend the entire month of August in the White Mountains for nearly 20 years. It wasn't a tent, but we lived in a very rustic cabin (old pre-war Boy Scout camp). I used to think that month was what kept us all from getting sick all winter, back in civilization. Barefoot in the pine needles, swimming in the cold lake. Canoeing on the surface each night, getting strafed by bats and looking at the dark sky and stars ...

15. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Yup. I participated in a 12-week EFT trial under Peta Stapleton at Bond University. It didn't work for me, despite fully believing it would.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. DrEttinger

I actually need to update that page.

No - Spectracell.com
    No - DUTCHtest.com

These are what I run most often.
    upload_2019-10-16_6-27-58.png

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Likely you are not writing scripts for those tests but suggest to order them online.
    Do you have some favorite services where one can buy scripts to LabCorp?
    Those that I know about have a limited list of tests.

I posted some list of them here:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199957

Just three outfits, there initially were more of them.
    https://www.walkinlab.com/labcorp-homocysteine-blood-test-plasma.html
    https://www.directlabs.com/OrderTests/tabid/55/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    https://www.directlabs.com/OrderTests/tabid/55/language/en-US/Default.aspx

19. DrEttinger

I can order labs through Labcorp except in MA, RI, NY, and NJ. I just charge for my time spent interpreting and discussing the findings.

20. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I live in MA, but I'm not far from the NH border. Nashua is the nearest city.