1. Registering for the Forum

    We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

    After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

    Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

    If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mouse Bandit's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MouseBandit, Mar 25, 2019.

  1. Hi, I’m Tracey, aka MouseBandit, 48-yr-old married mother of 6 (2 grown and 4 littles). I live in SW Oregon (latitude 42N) in the Coast Range mountains, very near the Redwoods and the coast, which are a big part of our life. We are selling our home and moving to North Idaho, though (latitude 48N, appx) in the next 8 weeks or so. Big current events besides that, are that my 91-yr-old mom, here in Oregon, is going to be put on hospice in the next week or so, and as yet, we don’t have any closer timeline than the next 6 months, so that is really giving me concerns about moving so soon. I homeschool our 4 young children (ages 7-11), and we live partially off-grid in the boonies. My husband’s job is wrapping up in this same 8-week timeline, and that will put us in a very different financial position until we get fully relocated up north and he can get back to work up there. I’m (hopefully!) wrapping up a run of pinkeye in both eyes, and the transmission on my truck went out 2 days ago, haha. Actually, I have learned over the years to deal with my stress in much healthier ways, and this all isn’t really too overwhelming. I’m sure there will be more obvious grief and stress as the move gets closer and my mom’s passing happens, but for now, I’m rolling with things. Except the pink eye- that is really frustrating because I am a busy girl and I am very unfunctional without contacts and with my eyes swollen shut.

    My health history. Fun, fun, good times, haha. Childhood was pretty unremarkable except for childhood asthma and severe hayfever and allergies. Controlled the allergies via bi-weekly shots until age 11, and developed a close and loving relationship with Benadryl after we left the city in California and moved back to my hometown in a rural area in SW Oregon. Grew out of the asthma, except for during pregnancies and once in a blue moon when really congested. Still keep a prescription rescue inhaler in my purse just in case. As a teenager, had pneumonia 3 springs in a row, and had it again in my early 20s, resulting in passing out at work and being unconscious for most of a 5-day hospital stay. Here’s my skin in the game. This is not talked about by anyone in my family or close friends, so it’s almost like a secret, except everyone around me lived through it with me, but we all act like it never happened. I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder at age 21, and was a rapid-cycling manic depressive until I hit age 31. I was mostly off-meds and had a very roller coaster lifestyle during those years. After a couple of years on lithium faithfully, I refused to continue with it, and started taking copious amounts of fish pills daily, and worked very hard to control my life and my triggers (sleep, over-stimulation mostly) and had a couple of years of decently normal life. Then, literally overnight, it was gone. I tested things out – pushed myself, didn’t sleep for 2 days straight, drank energy drinks, just tried anything that would have triggered me before, but no atypical response. Nothing since, and that was almost 18 years ago. My psychiatrist, who had stuck with me through all those crazy years, had no explanation, but he agreed that I had zero evidence of ever having been bi-polar.

    Along in there, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid, but I wouldn’t take the meds they offered, as I felt they altered my personality (made me very short-tempered with my children). In my 30s I gained quite a bit of weight, and went from a very tubby 140lb to a very overweight 200lb on a 5’5” frame. At one point I was diagnosed with Hashimoto syndrome, but again, I wasn’t willing to take the meds, so I just continued on with things.

    I had my first 2 children at 18 and 20 yrs old. Then divorced and survived my 20s, and remarried at age 31, and had a tubal reversal at age 36. Had 3 back-to-back 1st trimester miscarriages the following year, than a successful pregnancy at age 38, and 3 more babies in the next 3 years. All 6 of my children were pre-term labor, bedrest and 36-wk or earlier deliveries. My first reversal baby was PROM at 32week, and bedrest for another 10 days, then emergency c-section at 34weeks, and a 5-day NICU stay. Second reversal baby was a 36-week delivery, but with midwives in a birthing center, VBAC, and went well. Next reversal pregnancy I was really beginning to show wear and tear from the pregnancies, and we were moving during these years about every 6 months with my husband’s work. Next baby was going to be a birth center VBAC, but I hemorrhaged and we transported to the hospital. C-section delivery, found that baby had vasa previa, and that was a big fat hairy deal. She was severely underweight, although she held her own and didn’t have a NICU stay. We moved again when she was 4 days old, across the state.

    It was over the next few months that I really began exhibiting destroyed health. Our efforts at nursing were not resulting in weight gain, so I began pumping breastmilk and bottle feeding her, and was exhausted around the clock. Still had two other babies in diapers and up all night, and the marriage was strained beyond all recognition, with husband working 60-70 hrs per week. I began having what we jokingly called “roid rages” (little did we know at that point), where I would just be flooded with rage, and basically lock myself in my bathroom until it subsided, at which point I would be completely exhausted and would go to bed and sleep for 2 days. My mother in law came to stay with us to help, which helped some, and exacerbated some. Within a few months I was pregnant again, and that’s when things really went downhill.

    My first OB appointment, I was told that my thyroid levels were so far out of whack, there was no hope I could maintain the pregnancy, and to prepare for another miscarriage. My further OB appointments were canceled and I was sent off to an endocrinologist to try and patch up my thyroid. I argued with the endo about being able to carry the pregnancy, but he was adamant that I couldn’t bring up my thyroid fast enough to prevent a miscarriage. I went home and took much more thyroid meds than were prescribed in an effort to save the baby. Sure enough, I stayed pregnant, but I blew out my adrenals, which I learned were already in the toilet before I ever got pregnant. I began having total collapses, unconscious, and being hospitalized. I started taking IsoCort, a cortisol supplement to try and keep things held together long enough to deliver the baby. At 5 months along, I had a stroke. It was after a grueling trip back home, driving in the heat with 3 babies in the truck for hours. That night a blood clot jumped through a PFO and lodged in my brain. I was transported to the big hospital in Portland, Oregon (OHSU) and recovered amazingly well. And I stayed pregnant, and all ultrasounds on baby showed a normal, viable baby. After a couple of weeks, I went back home with 24-hr helpers for me and the other children. I recovered pretty much all of my physical abilities right away, although I had major cognitive issues still (mathematics, reading speed and comprehension), and apparently personality changes that I didn’t see, but my husband was very distraught over (became pessimistic, no fun, angry, fearful). Developed pre-eclampsia, and delivered at 35 weeks, but baby was pretty healthy, and just had a few days in NICU.

    At this point, I found a naturopath who was willing to work with me, and I went on prescription cortisol, along with all the other meds the specialists were giving me from the stroke and everything. My monthly cycles became fodder for horror movies with such extreme blood loss and huge clots. I became terribly anemic, down in the 6-range. Still had to have pretty much full-time help for me and all the babies. Again, trying to pump milk because transfer wasn’t happening. The brain fog was so bad at this point, I couldn’t even figure out what supplements to take or when, and my helpers had to dose out my prescription meds. My marriage totally went under, although we were still together, just miserable.

    We moved back to the hometown to try and get more help from family, and husband started a business with his brother. I ended up trying to do the bookkeeping, which I was ruining because of my mathematical errors and not thinking linearly, and exhaustion. I started drinking my husband’s energy drinks to try and keep up, and ended up with a second stroke and atrial-fibrillation. The a-fib was extreme, they couldn’t get me back into a normal rhythm, and I was too exhausted to even take myself to the bathroom. They had me file for disability and told me that was what my life would look like from there on out. I seriously contemplated suicide. I was still on cortisol, having crashes constantly, having my 4-yr-old put my pills in my mouth after I passed out, and my husband had to inject me more than once. It was a nightmare, and I pretty much never go over it in my mind. I only write it out here to give the full story.

    I finally picked myself up, and determined that I was going to be the mother to these children, and I was going to get well. I started thinking only positive thoughts, as best I could at that point, and made a big issue of never speaking negatively, and I wouldn’t let anyone around me speak negatively. I begain making huge plans to move to Alaska and homestead off the grid there. We had always been rural, off-grid, homesteader types, when we were living at home, but I was making a really huge, outlandish goal to strive for. I started trying different health diets, including a juice fast that I was certain would literally kill me, and I was sneaking meat every time my husband wasn’t looking, haha. I survived thanks to home-canned beef stew meat, LOL. I also tried low-carb eating, though, and it seemed that not having any carbs at all would bring on adrenal crashes (I was still on prescription cortisol, going on 18 months at that point). We got me into a hospital in the next biggest city over, and the cardiologists there vowed to keep me until they got me into a normal rhythm. It took a while, but they did, and I stayed on that combination of heart control meds for a long, long time. I was also still on the blood thinners, and useless veg-based iron, and the thyroid meds, although I had talked my way into Armour thyroid at least. There were probably other meds I don’t even remember. I don’t try very hard to remember any of this, I’m sure I’ve forgotten a lot of details. I was also diligently working on my cognitive abilities with online games that my husband signed me up for, and through extensive basic math exercises and tons of reading. It made a huge difference, and eventually I regained all my cognitive skills.

    After I had been in normal sinus rhythm for a few months, I told the endo that I wanted to get off the cortisol. He thought it had been too long, and warned me that it was probably too late, but was willing to agree to try it. We got me around-the-clock helpers again, and I started weaning off. I had many, many collapses, and endless crashes, but I started having perky moments, too. IT took months and months, but I got off the cortisol. I had the push tests and my adrenals were clearly responding. I felt like that was a major turning point in my journey.

    Once the cortisol was functional, we were ready to schedule a cryo-ablation for the a-fib. Prior to that, I was too unstable to undergo the procedure. I was still horrifically anemic, and we were moving again, back to the big city, to follow my husband’s work. I was driving back and forth from SW Oregon to Portland every week to stick with my cardiologists in Medford, while husband was living and working in Portland. There were multiple hospitalizations for anemia and adrenal crashes (exhaustion, they called it), still at this point, but I stayed off the cortisol pills. The cryo-ablation was a miracle, and I had clearly been in denial about how stable my heart rhythms had been. I found a good health food store and a new naturopath in Portland and began taking an effective iron supplement, got an iron infusion, and did another juice fast, sticking to it for 10 days this time, and felt like a new person. We were able to let the helpers go, which was bittersweet because those women had cared for me and my babies through the worst time of my life, but we were all excited to see me being able to run my own show.

    As my health continued to improve, we were horrified at the life in the city. Eventually, we made the decision for me to move back to the homestead in SW Oregon with the kids, and husband to stay up in Portland and work. It was one of the best decisions we ever made, even though it was really hard on him to be alone. I began hauling firewood, and living mostly off-grid again, with the 4 little ones, in my rural forest. It was challenging, but a good, clean challenging. My mom lived a few miles away, in the little town, and we got to spend lots of time with her, and it was good to be back in my hometown (I was born there and lived the vast majority of my life there). My health continued to improve, and I worked my way off my blood thinners. Anemia was still a struggle with the insane monthly cycles and blood clots, and I was still on the armour thyroid, but I was thrilled to be working my way out of the prescription hole. I was also eating food from our garden, our chickens, and things I had canned in years prior, so it was a much cleaner diet than I’d had in a long time. The kids were getting bigger and more able to care for their basic needs, which took a huge load off me.

    We sold the little homestead and bought bare land much further out of town, past cell service, past everything (it does have grid power), and I started homesteading there. Husband was still in Portland, but coming home every weekend. Gravity fed spring water, thick, deep forests, and surrounded by 80 acres of nothing but trees and springs. We’ve been here 3 years now, and will be selling this place and moving to North Idaho in the next couple of months. Husband is back home, although he commutes over an hour each way to work, and the marriage is dramatically better. Kids are now 7-11 yrs old, and we homeschool, and it’s great. Cell towers found their way into our neck of the woods, although they’re still very muted and barely work, we are done with the progress around here. We’re looking for more land, more forests, and more remote living in North Idaho.

    I’m off all the prescription meds now, including the thyroid. I have become a firm believer in the power of positive thinking, and am a total optimist. I still take my good iron supplement, and some other supplements, that seem to swing the balance for me, and keep me going. I’m ready to go get labs done and go over everything again and tackle it all for good now. I’ve spent the last few years basically trying to pretend all the bad stuff didn’t happen, which has worked well, I think, but I also know that I need to confront the current data if I am going to go further than this. So that’s where I’m at.

    I’ve just found the Dr K website, and I will be going through all of that, as my pinkeye goes away. I’m calling my primary doc today to see what labs he can order and what ones I need to arrange for on my own. I’m on Day 8 of a keto, mostly carnivorous diet, and lost a few pounds, and am starting to work with the Leptin Rx. I’m fascinated by the natural light implications, and am a big believer in grounding, and pretty highly suspicious of A/C power and totally opposed to having wires running through my walls. I loath cell towers and cannot begin to fathom a “5G world”. No thanks. I am going to learn about all these things, and structure my life so I can LIVE and be healthy and happy and so my kids can grow up natural, and healthy.

    So, that is my sordid story, and I only share it to give you a full picture. I don’t think about it, don’t want to think about it, don’t think it’s very helpful to think about it. I am pretty much always looking right at the current moment, or to the future, and enjoy sucking every bit of fun and life out of each moment that I can, which is pretty easy with 4 cute kids and our life in the forest.

    My mother’s health was probably good, or decent during her 20s and 30s, but by the time I came along (baby #6 at age 42), she was living off chocolate ice cream and was sick, miserable, and depressed. When I was born, the hospital gave her an incorrect blood type in a transfusion, and she was having out of body experiences. She told my dad she was going to die, and he pulled her out and drove her to California to my grandmother’s house, where her private doctor cared for my mom. She was hospitalized for a while, then recovered at my grandmothers for a few more months. During the years we lived in California, she was always anemic and exhausted, having to nap several hours every day. She had horrible lung infections every spring, usually having to be hospitalized. When I was 11, we moved back to Oregon (my dad retired) and lived on a small farm, and she seemed much healthier and happier. No more naps, could haul in the firewood, and handle the livestock, and just generally happy. She has slowly gone downhill over the years. She is 91 now, with CHF, and COPD, and probably colon cancer, although she is too fragile to try a colonoscopy to diagnose it. We have an appointment next week with her doctor to talk about starting hospice. She has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, but is quite with it mentally.

    My grandmother had good physical health most of her life, and was active and lived on her own until well into her 70s. She did have pernicious anemia, though, and had regular injections of the B vitamin. She eventually was diagnosed with Alzheimers, although she was still pretty with it, but she came to live with us when I was a teenager (she could still catch, butcher and roast a chicken at that point, haha!). Eventually, she got pneumonia in her early 80s, and in the hospital they diagnosed her with advanced colon cancer and she died a few months later. She also clearly had mental issues, probably bi-polar, and was sent to a mental hospital a couple of times for nervous breakdowns.

    I am going to be getting labs asap, and will be continuing with the keto diet, and the Leptin Rx. I will definitely look into the EMF issues, lighting issues, and everything else I can glean from Dr K website and membership. I am SUPER excited to begin the next phase of my health journey!!

    Current weight: 238 lbs, 5’5” tall


    Iron – Energizing iron with Eleuthero (Enzymatic Therapy brand). B12 – 400mcg;

    Iron – 15 mg;

    Liquid Liver Fractions – 400 mg

    Eleuthero – 100 mg

    Vitamin C – 1000-6000mg per day, cheap brands

    As needed, 4 gram shots from lipo C, from Dr. Lam (adrenal doc)

    DHEA – (21st Century brand) – 75 mg

    Pregnenolone – (Source Naturals brand) – 50 mg

    D3 – (Spring Valley, cheap brand) – 10,000 IU

    Magnesium oxide – (Cheap brand) – 1000 mg
  2. Questions:

    Where is the post about Top 10 Supplements? Haven't found it yet.

    Books - are the paleo books listed in Dr K's book still his go-to recommendations? I'm thinking that with the explosion of Keto, there might be new ones that are worth getting.

    Waking up before Sunrise - we generally wake up more than 30 minutes before sunrise, and need to function around the house. Will this mess up the Leptin Rx? Should I wait to have my BAB until after sunrise, or stick to having it within 30 minutes of waking up?

    Flame-based lighting - will using flame-based lighting before sunrise and after sunset throw off circadian rhythms? Are the fumes from lanterns (oil, kerosene, propane) harmful, or more harmful than artificial light? Any reason not to use flame based lighting instead of modern electrical lights?

    Contact lenses - do these interfere with natural sunlight, especially sunrise? Should I take out my contacts to get sunrise light or light throughout the day?

    Labs - any recommendations on where to get labs without doctor involvement? I remember Canary labs used to do hormonal salivary testing, but that's all I know of. Also, any expectations on cost for labs when paying cash?

    A/C vs DC electricity - are they both awful, or is DC less awful?
  3. Hey Mousebandit!
    Why are you leaving sw OR for ID? I have been looking at ne and nc OR and ive been looking down where you are also. What is your take on the area?

    Supplements are generally discouraged on this site, unless for a specific reason. I got a box of them I'll sell you cheap!

    For keto, i recommend against any exogenous ketones or anything marketed for keto. Just make real food keto meals. Fuck all fake sweeteners and fake treats. Ketosis is free!

    Contact lens's change the spectrum of light you receive and so should be avoided if you want to adsorb maximum sunlight. We want uv light, which i believe most contacts block.

    We use candles or a hurricane lamp in low light times. We have gotten use to much lower levels of light so it doesnt feel like an inconvenience.

    DC is less worse.

    Im a beginner here, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

    Good luck! Hope you find your nirvana!
    caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    wow .....your story is mind boggling, for so many reasons....
  5. Marko Pollo, thank you for the ideas! Climate-wise, I love my corner of SW Oregon. We're in the foothills of the coast range, and right on the edge of the redwoods, with quick (45min) access to the ocean - it's truly a pretty magical place. However, my little valley here has seen some serious hits in the last few years with the legalization of pot, and the influx of outsiders - some retirees from California and some associated with the new industry. Both groups have significantly changed the social makeup of our area in ways that leave me feeling like an outsider. Overall, Oregon is headed on a path similar to Cali and New York, and that's not really where we're at either, so we're heading for north idaho, looking for more self-sufficient and conservative community while keeping our remote and heavy forest/mountain geography. I'm not super familiar with the eastern side of the state, but lots of friends love the Bend area.

    Caroline - yeah, it still boggles me sometimes. :) But I'm ready to put even more distance between my current reality and all those days.

    I got my first set of labs drawn this morning. Blood work done through my family doc, but not sent through insurance. I haven't met my deductible yet anyway, and this keeps them all out of my business, plus my doc can give me a steep discount if I pay him cash and let his lab process it. So here's what I am having done through him, and the prices (USD):

    CMP - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel - $35
    CBC - COmplete Blood Count - $31
    Iron/TIBC - $30
    Ferritan - $30
    HGBA1c - $35
    Lipids - just the basic panel - $35
    Thyroid Panel - $90
    hsCRP - $60

    I also ordered the kits from CAnary Club for the saliva and blood spot Fertility Panel, which includes Cortisolx4, DHEA, and more hormones. That should arrive tomorrow. It was, I think $350 or so for that.

    It's a pretty hefty investment, but I'm ready to move forward. I'll post results as soon as I get them.

    On the keto diet front, I got a book by Leanne Vogel, The Keto Diet. It has 28-day meal plans and recipes, and is dairy-free, which I think is going to be good for me at the beginning. There's another 30-day plan that integrates fasting (both short and longer fasts), and I may try that one later. I'm still on plan, 2-1/2 weeks now, and haven't lost much since the first week, but I'm not going up. Down 10.4 lbs so far.

    My mom is officially on hospice now, and that has been really hard. Not for her, because she is much more comfortable with some pain meds on board, but its' hard for me to have to say it and acknowledge it, instead of just thinking she could go on for another few years or more. And it's been really hard being the point man for my whole family (6 siblings and lots of grandkids plus my mom's cousins and their descendants who are our extended cousins). There's been a lot of conversations where I'm doing okay, and then my relative starts sobbing and then I break down and we just have to hang up. THat part sucks. But, it is what it is, and I'm going to be very mindful of keeping up my self-care through this.

    Overall, it's a great life, and getting better!
  6. Wandalea

    Wandalea Gold

    Baby sister--reading about all you went through makes me cry again, but life has vastly changed for the better!
  7. Wow, Holy HS-CRP, Batman!

    Just got back my first round of blood tests, and most were what I expected, but the HS-CRP was really, really high - 7.92!

    Here's the abbreviated list of labs and results, with ranges in parenthesis:

    Hemoglobin 13.4 (11.1-15.9)
    Hematocrit 41.1 (34.0-46.6)
    RDW 18.2 (12.3-15.4)

    Glucose 88 (65-99)

    Total Chole. 198 (100-199)
    Triglycerides 91 (0-149)
    HDL 40 (>39)
    VLDL Cal 18 (5-40)
    LDL Choles. Calc 140 (0-99)

    TSH 4.170 (0.450-4.5)
    T4 6.0 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 uptake 26 (24-39)
    Free T4 index 1.6 (1.2-4.9)

    TIBC 336 (250-450)
    UIBC 293 (131-425)
    Iron 43 (27-159)
    Iron Sat 13 (15-55)
    Ferritin, Serum 40 (15-150)

    A1c 5.2 (4.8-5.6)

    HS-CRP, cardiac 7.92 (0.00-3.00)

    I will go back through the Labs chapter of Dr. K's book and edit this post to add any others that I should have listed.

    RIght off, I'm frustrated with the iron sat - I have had horrible anemia in the past (combine blood thinners with fibroids and you get a Carrie movie every 3 weeks), but I have worked really hard over the last year to supplement with high-quality dessicated livers to bring it up. My H&H look massively better, but iron sat is way too low. I'm not positive on the physiology of it, but I *think* this is why I always feel so close to the edge with the anemia - if I slack on taking the supplements for a few weeks, I'm suddenly a total wreck again, with zero energy, and feel like I can't move, my arms and legs are like lead, I can barely hold my head up. 21 days back on the iron, and I'm pretty normal again. Is that because I use up the iron in my serum and easily available and then it turns to my sats, but there's nothing there? Also, remind me how iron sat relates to my thyroid issues, because I remember that one has to be fixed before the other can get fixed.

    And I need to fill in the rest of the thyroid labs, from another source. But just what I see here isn't what I had hoped. I've had hypothyroid issues for a long time, tested positive for hashimoto in the past, and took Armour THyroid for a long time, but went off of it 2 years ago. It was my last prescription med, and I just really wanted to be done with prescription meds. Alas, positive thinking has fixed this one yet, so I have work to do!

    And that HS-CRP - DANG! What in the world? I've been eating strict Keto for the last 3 weeks and started working on the leptin reset rx, but maybe it will just take more time. Has anyone else been this high? Is there anything I should actually be worried about here? (ah, the danger of labs - making me worry, when worry is so counterproductive!) I think I am pretty good cardiovascular-wise, I thought so. I'd love input on this one. Hmmm, can stress impact this one a lot? I am having stupid levels of major life happenings right now (leaving the town I was born in to move to a totally new state, my mom just went on hospice, for starters), although I thought I was handling them pretty well.

    Got my saliva tests in hand now from the Canary Club and will do those over the next day or so, and get them sent back in to check hormones, and then figure out what other tests I need to fill in the gaps.

    Hit me with all your thoughts and suggestions, folks. I'm ready to optimize!

  8. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    remember that blood/saliva tests are only a moment in time.

    How do you feel? kick your intuition into action ...and Dr. K. always tells us that the best Doctor is the one our head.

    How do you sleep?
    How much early morning sun do you get?
    good water?
    happiness factor?
    do you have a JT in your life????
  9. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    Is there something else we can call you? I have a hard time with mouse bandit ....

    sorry - I just realised that your name is Tracey
  10. Yes, feel free to call me Tracey!

    Overall, I feel vastly better than I did a few years ago, obviously, haha! I do feel like I need fine-tuning. I know that shedding this extra 100 lbs will help everything in every way.

    Working on getting more sunrise and early morning light. Weather has been a limiting factor for some of that, but it's improving every day now. Sleep is variable - weeknights I get good sleep, weekends, hubby wants to stay up much later and that's a factor. Water is great - gravity-fed spring water and I love it, and drink lots of it. Libido is good since I started taking DHEA and Prenenolone supplements. Happiness is high, even with the stressy things happening. I adore my life and adore my family and adore all the things I get to do every day. Not sure what a JT is, but I have a great relationship with my husband, and amazing relationship with my sister, so if it's like a best friend, I'm totally covered, LOL! Oh seafood, I'm increasing! Salmon is my friend, and I'm working on sardines.

    Question: if I were to have an iron infusion, would it be stored in my body and increase my sat levels? I had one when my H&H were in the toilet, and it turned my life around. I'd be willing to do another one if it would get me off this edge I feel like I'm on with the anemia.
    caroline likes this.
  11. caroline

    caroline Moderator

    JT = Jeremy Thomley. Jack has posted some stuff about JT the last day or two.

    Also Jack did a webinar about JT and then a live Q&A with him .....I think it was June 2013.

    Jeremy has a website .....Mohawk Steel
  12. New question. I'm re-reading JK book, with a renewed interest in the cardiac and leaky gut chapters. If I go dairy-free to reduce cardiac risk, can I still utilize undenatured whey protein to help repair the leaky gut?
  13. Possibly answered my last question. It looks like, from this study, that using whey protein at doses over 35g/day may decrease CRP (and theoretically hs-CRP), especially in those with baseline CRP levels >3.0. So, unless and until I hear otherwise from JK or someone else with a solid explanation for why not, I will be making myself some undenatured whey protein drinks and coconut-oil fat bombs.

    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019

Share This Page