1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Most Important LABS to tell how much EMFs are impacting you?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by beach bunny, Aug 10, 2013.

1. I know that the Body Voltage meter helps us check what is impacting us in our home/office etc.
    I also know that hsCRP tells us about our general inflammation level.

But I am having trouble remembering :

1. If Dr. K specified which LABS (bloodwork/test) are the BEST indicators that OUR BODY IS SENSITIVE TO EMFs?
    2. How to read/interpret those tests?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Bun/creatinine ratio

you want it to be 10 or under....

3. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Not sure about bloodwork, but as far as I've read here, I think that dehydration, headaches, bad sleep and leaky gut symptoms might be the natural inputs to look at? Although many other offenders and illnesses might cause the same issues. Would be great to have a better biomarker!

4. Thanks so much Gretchen!

Now to find a local MD...

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

low PG/E2 for ladies......low free and total Testosterone for men.......low DHEA and low D for both.....altered ASI and salivary melatonin: low free T3 and higher than normal TG than one would expect from diet or lifestyle alone.........and anytime the BUN/creat levels are high.......Mg levels are low by definition.

6. I know Albert!
    Wouldn't it be lovely to have a CLEAR AND ACCURATE panel that is just devoted to EMF sensitivity/toxicity?
    Hopefully sooner than later....The truth always comes to the surface eventually..

7. Thank you so much Dr. K!
    So helpful!

Is it serum or saliva PG/E2 for women?

My serum Progesterone: 3.3 NMOL/L
    Estradiol: 293 PMOL/L

I forget what TG is again...triglycerides I think?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

How bad is mine....
    BUN 27
    CREATININE 0.93.....

Can't BUN be affected by overtraining and a lot of protein?

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

MeghanK........not good at all. your BUN creat is 30:1...........you just diagnosed your issue. My latest podcast deals with this issue directly.

10. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

27 / 0.93 = 29 which is your BUN / Creatinine ratio .... Dr. Kruse likes that ratio to be between 10 and 15.

BUN is a waste product derived from protein breakdown in the liver and excreted by the kidneys. When your kidneys are not working well, the level of BUN in the blood will rise.

- High-protein diets may cause abnormally high BUN levels.
    - Dehydration and blood loss can cause a high BUN level. (dehydration ... think flouridated water and/or high EMF environment)

The blood concentration of creatinine depends upon two things - the amount of muscle you have and the ability of your kidneys to excrete the creatinine.

A high level of creatinine in the blood usually indicates deterioration in kidney function.

http://www.sonoraquest.com/

-----------------------------------
    Last fall my BUN / Creatinine ratio was 29. In July, it was 16 (almost in optimal range) .... Things that have contributed to this improvement include: greatly reducing the amount of EMF in my environment, drinking spring water instead of filtered flouridated water, and drinking 2oz of 100% organic cranberry juice per day.

Both my oriental doctor and naturopath have previously identified my kidneys as being stressed from my high protein diet. The naturopath suggested the cranberry juice, and that was the major change that resulted in my ratio dropping from 22 in early June to 16 in late July.

I have also noticed that my frequency of urination has decreased. Likely due to improved kidney function.

This is the cranberry juice I use ... http://www.rwknudsenfamily.com/products/just-juice/just-cranberry ... available at Walmart.

Your n=1 may vary.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

This may be a really silly question .....does a high fat diet = a high protein diet? does fat breakdown in the liver the same as protein? I feel way better on high fat and way less protein - would that be why? I feel like I should know this and am drawing a blank....

12. Thank you for this info ATL!
    I am going to try a new Dr. next week (unfortunately my Naturopath can't authorize any labs...damn system) and pray that he will be willing to help me test for some of this stuff.
    Congratulations on the huge drop...29 to 16! Amazing!

13. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

That reminded me I have a bottle of whole cranberry concentrate (capsules) in the fridge. One capsule equals almost 6 grams of whole cranberries.

14. I have been using a product called Cranberry Complex by MediHerb for about 4 months now..it has been wonderful for regulating my kidney function :)
    http://www.healthpalace.ca/mediherb-cranberry-complex-60-tablets/

If only protecting ourselves from EMFs were as simple as taking a pill :(

15. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Thanks ATL.... I will look into the cranberry complex... are these "dr. kruse" approved?
    Actually 29 is a HUGE improvement for me... my ratio was 48 (45/0.75) in November 2012... and this latest 29 is from July 15th, 2013...so hopefully this is a downward trend... how often should you test your BUN/Creatinine to see change?
    Any other things to do to help bring my ratio down?
    TOP 3???

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No it does not....... high fat moderate protein diet is best to increase your current on the inner mitochondrial membrane.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ah -that makes so much sense then .... when I eat too much protein I feel very heavy and lethargic and some brain fog..Thx
    I sometimes get carried away with the protein when I am really hungry and always regret it so much.

Is it different for men? I seem to think so .....men seem to be able to eat huge amounts of protein......You often talk about a huge steak etc. Why would this be? or is it just an individual and personal thing?

Ron Rosedale talks about not eating too much protein at one time - i haven't looked at his website for ages....

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  18. So I went to see a new MD today to try and get some of these BLOOD tests done.
    The basic hormones (PG, E2, TSH, DHEA, T3) won't be a problem.
    The ASI I already did from ZRT labs because Ontario refuses to test Salivary hormones.

But you should have seen Doc's face when I tried asking him about BUN/Creat.

He said that BUN isn't really testing for anything...it is a calculation that the lab will perform.
    So I said yes I understand that, I just need to be able to get the ratio correctly.
    He said he checked it off on my lab requisition: Creatnine (eGFR)
    BUT ISN'T eGFR A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RATIO ALTOGETHER!??!

I honestly cannot deal with this system anymore...It just adds another layer to my frustration.
    I may have to wait until I am in the U.S. to test for some of this stuff :(

So I am posting what the Ontario Lab Requisition looks like.. Ontario does not test for these things the way the U.S. does.
    LAB REQ-ONTARIO.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013