1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Morning sunlight can do what I been telling you it can.

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Study: Exposure to morning sunlight linked to lower BMI.
    NBC News (4/2, Aleccia) reports on its website that according to a new study from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, people exposed to natural light earlier in the day had a lower BMI than those exposed to light in the afternoon. The study, published in the journal PLOS ONE, suggests that bright light in the morning helps synchronize “circadian rhythms that also regulate energy balance, including hormones such as melatonin, which regulate sleep and weight cycles and affect obesity.”

The Los Angeles Times (4/3, Kaplan) reports in its coverage that the volunteers in the study “tended to be night owls” who went to bed after midnight and rose before 9 am, and 58% reported a BMI of 24 or lower. The researchers found that MLiT (“mean light timing above threshold”), the measurement of light exposure, was the one variable in the study which correlated to BMI. The article notes that “grants from various branches of the National Institutes of Health” funded the study.

HealthDay (4/3, Gordon) also covers the story.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

as you like to say BOOM!

3. RobH

RobH Gold

Maybe there's something to this circadian biology thing... :cool:

Shijin13 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when I told you in random musings we are creatures of light.........after CPC #9 we will see how y'all feel.

Shijin13 likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am going to do a melatonin test next week..... should I make sure to be outside quite early for the days prior?
    I am usually on my balcony early ......